PDA

View Full Version : Nelson & Florence out for Sunday.

Stylez1877
10-03-2008, 03:20 PM
http://news.jacksonville.com/justin/2008/10/03/jags-take-hit-to-secondary/

Our offense just got a bit of breathing room for Big Ben.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh yeah!! Show me some 3 and 4 WR sets on Rashean Mathis and ?????? who else is in their secondary now?

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-03-2008, 03:42 PM
They get what they deserve. A bad defense just got even worse. I think the Steelers will win this now.

STEELtownHAVOX
10-03-2008, 03:45 PM
I guess they are just trying to even the field up.

Stylez1877
10-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Yep. And is anyone else excited to hear Willie talking about going exclusively no huddle???

Dino 6 Rings
10-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Here we Go Steelers Here We GO!

Everyone is picking the Jags, Steelers are too banged up to win this, blah blah blah, talking heads know nothing. This is our nemesis from last season and we will atone for our sins.

The Duke
10-03-2008, 04:23 PM
I would prefer if they were at full strength, but the win is easier now

no excuse for a bad passing day now

common steelers, break this loss streak against the fags :tt:

missedgehead
10-03-2008, 04:52 PM
if he plays that is. :(

Fire Haley
10-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Offense, defense and S.T.....you have to win all three to win aginst good teams.

That said...5 wide, no-huddle, shotgun, roll-out, spread offense to start the game......just do it!

DACEB
10-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Too bad it isn't Mathis, isn't he the one that burns us all the time with pick6's.

Polamalu Princess
10-03-2008, 06:50 PM
The OL has to protect him this week - no more eating the dirt for Ben.

DACEB
10-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Oh yeah!! Show me some 3 and 4 WR sets on Rashean Mathis and ?????? who else is in their secondary now?

Hopefully they do spread things out more with 3WR sets, it opens everything up. Too bad Mathis isn't out, the guy kills us all the time.

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-03-2008, 07:20 PM
I would like to see Sweed activated for this game. He could get in there against bad DB's and get his confidence up.

Edman
10-03-2008, 07:23 PM
If the offensive Line can block, Arians gets his head out of his butt and Ben is healthy.

Until we snap this streak against Jacksonville and learn to play on the road, I'll never take anything for granted when we play them.

steel striker
10-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Really I like our chances even though we are a mash unit right now. Our defense is playing well and, I think Ben will throw 3 td's.

MACH1
10-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Ben's not going to do much laying on his back if the O line can't block.

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Ben better have a good game this week with what J-Ville is trodding out onto the field. I am glad that I got Drew Brees on my fantasy team as well. I have been having to bench Ben. All of that top 5 fantasy talk before the season was definitely blown to extensive proportions.

Steel_Bus_24
10-03-2008, 10:51 PM
If the offensive Line can block, Arians gets his head out of his butt and Ben is healthy.

Until we snap this streak against Jacksonville and learn to play on the road, I'll never take anything for granted when we play them.

yeah Im seriously tired of losing to these guys

Its like their only purpose in the NFL is to beat the Steelers, because they never do anything else

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-03-2008, 11:08 PM
yeah Im seriously tired of losing to these guys

Its like their only purpose in the NFL is to beat the Steelers, because they never do anything else

It doesn't help that we're never healthy when we play them.

Galax Steeler
10-04-2008, 04:39 AM
It doesn't help that we're never healthy when we play them.

That is the case again but I really think we can beat these guys this go around.

HometownGal
10-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Too bad it isn't Mathis, isn't he the one that burns us all the time with pick6's.

Yep. He's a pretty good corner and will probably be on Santo like white on rice throughout the game, so Santo is going to have to find a way to smoke him and get open.

Those 2 being out of the game bodes well for the Steelers O. Let's hope they're carrying the momentum from MN into this game! :tt02:

steelpride12
10-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Still have to worry about Mathis. Lets throw some no huddle with 3 WR sets and go after those back-ups.
Remember we have injuries too so lets fight hard Steelers!

Steelman16
10-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Still have to worry about Mathis. Lets throw some no huddle with 3 WR sets and go after those back-ups.
Remember we have injuries too so lets fight hard Steelers!

I agree, though I think Holmes has matured enough to effectively handle a good corner like Mathis.

The interesting thing to watch, IMO, will be how Moore handles the running duties against the Jags D. Ben must take advantage of the receiving ability that Moore brings to the field. That could be the game clincher as we saw on Monday night.

moedap
10-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Jacksonville will play with their 2 safetys back most of the game. Del Rio will probably hedge his bets that 6 or 7 in the box is going to be enough to stop our run. The right stunts for his defense on a dog(5 rushers) could be enough to get pressure on Ben. A big day for Ben is going to require some big running from the committee.

Glace
10-05-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't care who is injured. I don't care who is being picked to win.

There are certain games every year when records, stats and expectations go out the window. A game against Jacksonville is always one of them.

The only thing I know for sure today is that it's going to be a smashmouth game all the way to the end, no matter what the score.

xbroughneck
10-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Ben's not going to do much laying on his back if the O line can't block.

We don't know if the O-Line can block really. Ben has been sacked a lot because...

1) The opposing team sends more guys than we have blockers
2) Ben and the receivers haven't been on the same page in situations like issue #1
3) There are times where the O-Line doesn't appear to know WHO they should block.

IMHO, the coaching staff (Arian...Oline coach), Ben, the receivers AND the O-Line are equally to blame for Ben's sacks.

It's a lot more than just the O-line being beaten by the guys they manage to put a hat on.

Edman
10-05-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't care who is injured. I don't care who is being picked to win.

There are certain games every year when records, stats and expectations go out the window. A game against Jacksonville is always one of them.

The only thing I know for sure today is that it's going to be a smashmouth game all the way to the end, no matter what the score.

Agreed. Jacksonville always gets up to play the Steelers. Unfortunately for them, they never get up to play anyone else. The fact they strung a four game winning streak against us is a cause for concern.

Coupled with the facts that the Steelers have looked mediocre in road games under Tomlin doesn't inspire much confidence. The Steelers are 3-1, but they haven't looked impressive doing it outside the Texans game. The Jaguars are on a streak and are in their own house this time. They seem to have turned their season around.

Like I said, until the Steelers show they can beat Jacksonville and learn how not to play like utter **** on the road against decent and even bad teams, I'll never take anything for granted. Tonight is a big test.

We always get Jacksonville down and let them escape, or just outright hand the game to them. That has to stop.