PDA

View Full Version : Palin rumors debunked....

Mosca
10-04-2008, 10:53 AM
revefsreleets, this is for you; because it is the right thing to do.

You know, this is probably why we Dems lose, because we're too evenhanded.

Mosca
10-04-2008, 10:57 AM
And LOL, from the end: "Her turn in the barrel"... I wonder if he knows the joke that that is the punchline to?

GBMelBlount
10-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks Mosca. A three minute piece by Cooper Anderson on a 24 hour channel. I guess they are fair and balanced.....Just curious if they've done a fact check on Biden's assertion that Global Warming is caused by human activity. I mean that is one of the main things the democrats run on isn't it?.... I would imagine that if the facts showed that Palin was a moron, it would be front page news. :noidea:

cubanstogie
10-04-2008, 11:26 AM
how big of cnn to correct the errors. The difference is Obama was the one who stated he was muslim to Stepanopolis on TV. Palins were made up. Apples to oranges. Kudos for a liberal station to air that though, they didn't have to.

Mosca
10-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks Mosca. A three minute piece by Cooper Anderson on a 24 hour channel. I guess they are fair and balanced.....Just curious if they've done a fact check on Biden's assertion that Global Warming is caused by human activity. I mean that is one of the main things the democrats run on isn't it?.... I would imagine that if the facts showed that Palin was a moron, it would be front page news. :noidea:

You know what? You just have too much of a chip on your shoulder. I didn't post it to show any example of anything; I did it to help debunk the rumors that were being spread.

Screw it. You guys are on your own.

Mosca
10-04-2008, 11:52 AM
how big of cnn to correct the errors. The difference is Obama was the one who stated he was muslim to Stepanopolis on TV. Palins were made up. Apples to oranges. Kudos for a liberal station to air that though, they didn't have to.

And likewise. You guys can handle it on your own.

Texasteel
10-04-2008, 11:56 AM

Just another example of the conservative ran media. :banging::banging::mad:

cubanstogie
10-04-2008, 11:57 AM
And likewise. You guys can handle it on your own.

I gave them credit, but had to point out it was Obama himself stating he was Muslim. Palins rumors were made up and the media ran with it. Thats all, not trying to start a war, or I should say continue one.

GBMelBlount
10-04-2008, 12:04 PM
You know what? You just have too much of a chip on your shoulder. I didn't post it to show any example of anything; I did it to help debunk the rumors that were being spread.

Screw it. You guys are on your own.

Tom, I was NOT directing this towards you. I am just simply bitching and complaining amongst friends on the board, that's all. I'm still a little irritated that I started the thread about the media bias and Vis filibustered it with stuff that is a little over my head quite honestly. :chuckle:

Does someone need a hug?... :hug:

Mosca
10-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Tom, I was NOT directing this towards you. I am just simply bitching and complaining amongst friends on the board, that's all. I'm still a little irritated that I started the thread about the media bias and Vis filibustered it with stuff that is a little over my head quite honestly. :chuckle:

Does someone need a hug?... :hug:

Last comment on it: You posted an article, VIS showed why the study was scientifically inaccurate, and because you and others couldn't understand it (or didn't feel like reading and understanding it) you and others mocked it and turned to name calling. A legitimate rebuttal was called "deflection". And the discussion turned to... taunting.

You guys are just too thin-skinned, and have too big of a chip on your shoulder. I shall now disconnect.

cubanstogie
10-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Last comment on it: You posted an article, VIS showed why the study was scientifically inaccurate, and because you and others couldn't understand it (or didn't feel like reading and understanding it) you and others mocked it and turned to name calling. A legitimate rebuttal was called "deflection". And the discussion turned to... taunting.

You guys are just too thin-skinned, and have too big of a chip on your shoulder. I shall now disconnect.

some of you are thin skinned and some are just wimps. I will let you guys figure out who is which, so I don't get in trouble for name calling.

GBMelBlount
10-04-2008, 12:47 PM
VIS showed why the study was scientifically inaccurate, and because you and others couldn't understand it (or didn't feel like reading and understanding it) you and others mocked it and turned to name calling. A legitimate rebuttal was called "deflection". And the discussion turned to... taunting.

I'm not sure you're being fair here Tom. You just said that I mocked what Vis posted. I can't agree with it because I don't completely understand it, BUT, I can't find anywhere in that thread that I mocked it. I agree with some of the things you are saying but I feel like you are taking this a little personally when ( and I don't mean to speak for other members) I don't think it is directly meant towards you. Again, just a bunch of irritated conservatives venting on a board imo, myself included. :noidea:

Godfather
10-04-2008, 12:53 PM
I don't have too much of a beef with CNN this cycle. They did an investigative piece on Obama's tactics in his first campaign and they debunked Troopergate (which doesn't matter to the people who kept the investigation going).

tony hipchest
10-04-2008, 01:00 PM
:dang: man, i always miss all the fun. so what were the rumors? that palin is gay?

(not that theres anything wrong with that :naughty: )

Atlanta Dan
10-04-2008, 03:23 PM
some of you are thin skinned and some are just pussies. I will let you guys figure out who is which, so I don't get in trouble for name calling.

Stay classy

Preacher
10-04-2008, 03:39 PM
the problem is....

Everyone gets SO focused on the "fact" that they are right... that EVERYONE forgets that it is only opinion.

In short... NO ONE really has all the answers.

Is the left playing dirty with Palin? Yes. as is some in the media.

Has the right done the same? Yep. absolutely.

Yet we somehow make these political differences holy writ... :rolleyes:

revefsreleets
10-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Ironically, I never actually got to SEE this thing....

Preacher
10-04-2008, 05:50 PM

:chuckle: Me neither.

X-Terminator
10-04-2008, 06:44 PM

That's probably a good thing. I didn't see it and don't care to.

revefsreleets
10-04-2008, 06:51 PM
I'd like to see it....

HometownGal
10-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Shame Dan Rather couldn't have been the narrarator of the debunked rumor clip. :chuckle:

http://www.okpatents.com/phosita/images/eggonface.jpg

Preacher
10-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Shame Dan Rather couldn't have been the narrarator of the debunked rumor clip. :chuckle:

http://www.okpatents.com/phosita/images/eggonface.jpg

:rofl:

Hilarious.

That was the second time he did that too.