PDA

View Full Version : Indy Dome Crowd Noise

AvoidLLoyd95
12-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Anybody else hear about the issue that Indy pipes in the crowd noise when opponents have the ball and not when their offense has it. Heard it on Dan Patrick's show and I believe there was something about it in the Post Gazette. Anyone else hear this? I consider it cheating and if they actually do it, should forfeit all their home games due to it.

BB2W
12-01-2005, 06:00 PM
I heard it too, I posted a thread about it in the NFL forum...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2761

SalukiSteelers
12-01-2005, 06:03 PM
It's pretty shady if it's true, but as for forfieting games....naw, I don't think that's the answer. They could have pumped in "Eye of the Tiger" whenever Pittsburgh had the ball, Monday, and our team still would have gotten their asses kicked. Noise wasn't the problem.

You only hear about crap like this when you put a roof over the field. The Twins/Vikings ran in to a similar problem a few years ago when teams complained that they turned on their exhaust fans to aid them and hurt the opponents.

This last baseball season, you may remember it as my Buccos' 13th-straight loser, there was an issue with the roof covering Enron, er, MinuteMaid Park. Too niosy, they Sox complained, and that was without doctoring the sound.

So what should sports leagues do?

Get rid of the damn roofs, except for nuetral sites like the SB, and a lot of this crap goes away. Quit being wusses and sit your asses outside to watch the game.

AvoidLLoyd95
12-01-2005, 06:10 PM
No, no, I know the Steelers lost to the better team that night, it just irks me that this team that has asperations to go undefeated could be being aided by artificial noise, and if so I do think something should be done about it by the league. I posted in the blast furnace a conversation between Colt fans that they talk about the piped in noise. It is in the you got what you deserved thread towards the end if you want to see it.

Grey
12-01-2005, 07:13 PM
They could have pumped in "Eye of the Tiger" whenever Pittsburgh had the ball, Monday, and our team still would have gotten their asses kicked.

Get rid of the damn roofs, except for nuetral sites like the SB, and a lot of this crap goes away. Quit being wusses and sit your asses outside to watch the game.

LOL. Nice.

Here we go.
Grey

figg
12-01-2005, 07:14 PM
http://kdka.com/video I hope someone does something about this.

AvoidLLoyd95
12-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Great vid. Deserves some rep. I am just getting pissed about this more and more as I see this unfolding.

Indy52
12-01-2005, 07:44 PM
*sigh* It's not true. I was there, and have been there alot since 1995, and can tell you we don't need to resort to crap like that. The RCA dome is small and, duh, is a dome. All the noise that is generated from the crowd bounces right back onto the field. I've been there when it was embarrasing quiet during the lean years and loud like last year's playoff game against Denver. I'm still hoarse from Monday night.

So, do you think the noise is the reason you only gained 84yds rushing?

Suitanim
12-01-2005, 07:52 PM
(Bigger Sigh)

Poor Indy...ESPN must just be making this all up for ratings, then? The NFL is investigating this, and it seems there might be some fire behind all this smoke.

Nobody here is saying the Steelers would have won, fake crowd noise or not, but it's still wrong if it's going on. Has it occurred to you that this has possibly been going on for years, other years when the Colts weren't 11-0 and in the spotlight?

figg
12-01-2005, 07:52 PM
*sigh* It's not true. I was there, and have been there alot since 1995, and can tell you we don't need to resort to crap like that. The RCA dome is small and, duh, is a dome. All the noise that is generated from the crowd bounces right back onto the field. I've been there when it was embarrasing quiet during the lean years and loud like last year's playoff game against Denver. I'm still hoarse from Monday night.

If the crowd was miked or not the noise was a huge factor in the Steelers not run blocking or pass blocking. They couldnt get off the field.

Indy52
12-01-2005, 08:06 PM
(Bigger Sigh)

Poor Indy...ESPN must just be making this all up for ratings, then? The NFL is investigating this, and it seems there might be some fire behind all this smoke.

Nobody here is saying the Steelers would have won, fake crowd noise or not, but it's still wrong if it's going on. Has it occurred to you that this has possibly been going on for years, other years when the Colts weren't 11-0 and in the spotlight?

Ok, I'm calling you on this one. Show me where the NFL is investigating this. THat simply isn't true and you can't prove to the contrary. So put up or STFU. :busted:

Indy52
12-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Oh, and did your coach call the onsides kick due to the subliminal messages contained in the piped in crowd noise? LMFAO!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Ok, I'm calling you on this one. Show me where the NFL is investigating this. THat simply isn't true and you can't prove to the contrary. So put up or STFU. :busted:

No busted about it, I heard it mentioned on NFL network by Solomen Wilcots, and ESPN. Havent seen an article about it online but then I havent really looked hard for it either. If Mort on ESPN says it, then it generally has some validity to it.. so take ur :busted: outta here.

AvoidLLoyd95
12-01-2005, 08:14 PM

Hey, noone is saying the Colts didn't beat the Steelers straight up, but they ARE using supplemental noise to disrupt the opposition. Apparently that is allowed until the opponents break huddle. I guess the Colts let the mikes stay on a little longer when on defense. The NFL won't investigate because it would be futile. How could they prove it? The only thing that will come of it is that maybe the mikes will be cut when the huddles break for now on. Not just for the Steelers but all the other teams they play. It doesn't help all the teams they have possibly cheated this year already though.

Suitanim
12-01-2005, 08:15 PM
It's pretty simple...the Colts fans have no clue what winning football in the modern era of the NFL is like, so they are going through some growing pains.

Welcome to media scrutiny, Colts fans...when you get beat in the playoffs it will stop.

tony hipchest
12-01-2005, 09:12 PM
pumping in noise is pretty weak. maybe teams should start pumping in wind for everytime the opponent tries to kick a fg. whats the difference?

Eztarget
12-02-2005, 05:28 PM

No, but the noise is the reason for FIVE false starts. Dome are for pu$$ies. Your team and every NFL team should play outside.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2005, 06:08 PM
No dome in the league is any where near as loud as the colts dome, and thats for sure.. but either way.. The crowd noise isnt the reason we lost, nobody here is saying we would have won otherwise for sure , but IF this is going on its certainly worth looking into and God knows it didnt help !

clevestinks
12-02-2005, 06:46 PM
This was a subject on 1st and 10 today. They really ripped the Colts management.

When your fans are weak, and cant raise the roof on there own, then I can see doing this. We in Pittsburgh have NO problem getting it up!

Indy52
12-02-2005, 07:50 PM
No, but the noise is the reason for FIVE false starts. Dome are for pu$$ies. Your team and every NFL team should play outside.

Domes are for pu$$ies? Seems as though your mighty Steelers fit right in there Monday night. Frickin' Squeeler pu$$ies couldn't run, couldn't block, couldn't cover, and sure couldn't tackle.

AvoidLLoyd95
12-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Domes are for pu$$ies? Seems as though your mighty Steelers fit right in there Monday night. Frickin' Squeeler pu$$ies couldn't run, couldn't block, couldn't cover, and sure couldn't tackle.
So you admit the Colts are pussies.

bigbensgirl7
12-03-2005, 02:59 PM
I'll tell you, I was there and it was LOUD!!!! Out of all the football games I have ever been to, I have never heard anything in comparison to that!
There isn't a doubt in my mind that it was done, however, I don't think they would have won that game anyways...we did not play to their caliber on that day!!!
On a positive note....now with all of this talk esp. coming from sources other than the Steelers...if the Playoffs are there the NFL will have a close eye on them and it won't be that loud...so I guess it's good it is coming out now!!!! and that goes for any team that may have to go to Indy in the Playoffs!

Indy52
12-03-2005, 06:23 PM
I'll tell you, I was there and it was LOUD!!!! Out of all the football games I have ever been to, I have never heard anything in comparison to that!

Well thank you. Thank you very much. Glad to see me being hoarse this week wasn't in vain. Tell ya what. I sure hope we see you in the playoffs at the Dome and we'll show you what LOUD really is!

Indy52
12-03-2005, 06:25 PM
So you admit the Colts are pussies.

Sure we are. We play in a dome, right?:rolleyes:

Suitanim
12-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Kee-rist, are we still talking about this?

Alright...has anyone mentioned that, although our offense played poorly, and we were way out of synch, our defense held the "mighty" Colts offense to their lowest performance since week 3?

At home this week, with another week of Ben being back, playing a team that gave up almost twice as many points against the Colts as we did, why would anyone thing that we'd do anything but play inspired defense and shut the Bengals down?

snowstormers
12-03-2005, 07:34 PM

I agree with this guy. I doubt that their was more crowd noise. Look at how 3 rivers use to rock. Its all about how pumped up the fans are that is going to make it loud inside a dome. And the fans were pumped up. Plus I think that the Colts game was the only away game where i rarely seen a Steeler jersey in the crowd. The first play of the game for the Colts set the tone for that game. Those fans were pumped up from the beginning to the end.

bigbensgirl7
12-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Well thank you. Thank you very much. Glad to see me being hoarse this week wasn't in vain. Tell ya what. I sure hope we see you in the playoffs at the Dome and we'll show you what LOUD really is!
yes we will.....I have no doubt it will be loud...but just not that loud. I do give the Indy fans props...they had that place rockin, but I don't doubt they had a little help in that area.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Kee-rist, are we still talking about this?

Alright...has anyone mentioned that, although our offense played poorly, and we were way out of synch, our defense held the "mighty" Colts offense to their lowest performance since week 3?

At home this week, with another week of Ben being back, playing a team that gave up almost twice as many points against the Colts as we did, why would anyone thing that we'd do anything but play inspired defense and shut the Bengals down?

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

We've got more important things coming up..like having to win this week !!

Yeah we lost that game, we our offense stunk up the joint, yeah it was loud, but hopefully we'll see em again !!!

AvoidLLoyd95
12-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Last thing I'll say about this. I can't believe that when the Colts are on offense in that dome that you can hear a pin drop, you can hear Manning having his fits and seizures like noone is in the building, but when the defense is out there you can't hear anything at all. There had to be some help with the noise, had to be. I'm done.

Edge-32
12-04-2005, 01:49 AM
Last thing I'll say about this. I can't believe that when the Colts are on offense in that dome that you can hear a pin drop, you can hear Manning having his fits and seizures like noone is in the building, but when the defense is out there you can't hear anything at all. There had to be some help with the noise, had to be. I'm done.

You sure were not at the game I was at then!!

AvoidLLoyd95
12-04-2005, 07:59 AM
You sure were not at the game I was at then!!
You're right. I watched it on tv and never have I been able to hear the qb call out his gibberish like that game.