PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Ben's thumb is hurt too

Tim
12-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Geez... for a big guy, he sure gets injured easily. I'll give him credit for playing through pain and I'll give him major kudos if he can win that way, but I would never have pegged him for one of those players that's banged up so much.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2244037&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

tony hipchest
12-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Geez... for a big guy, he sure gets injured easily. I'll give him credit for playing through pain and I'll give him major kudos if he can win that way, but I would never have pegged him for one of those players that's banged up so much.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2244037&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

ive been wondering about this. is ben fragile? or is he just so big he hangs in the pocket and takes on people bigger than him moreso than a 6'2" 220 lb qb? maybe his size strength and toughness get him into trouble sometimes. we all can agree he doesnt duck contact in the pocket. maybe he hangs on a split second longer than most qb's. look at culpepper and mcnabb. theyre often beat up too.

sure i wish he had the starting streaks of brady or manning but ive seen ben get hit harder and more times in his 2 years than either brady or manning in their whole careers.

i dont think ben is frail and i think it takes a hell of a shot to hurt him so i dont think hes getting injured easilly but it is definitely a concern. hes taking a beating every week he plays it seems. oh well after that shot he took to the knee in san diego i thought he was out for the season. hes proved his toughness to me.

Atlanta Dan
12-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Same thought - Ben either gets banged up a lot or gripes a lot about injuries other QBs do not mention, such as the "broken toes" after the New England championship game.

Yet another sign of a season that may be going down the tube.

Grey
12-01-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't feel like he is fragile.

That he he took to his knee in the Chargers game would have put 95% of the QB's in this leaque out for the season. And these days, it seems that every minor injury turns up on the IR. I think the thumb and the ankle are no big deal . . . . . I hope.

Here we go.
Grey

Suitanim
12-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Charlie Frye had all kinds of injuries that he played through in College, and they were, as far as I know, NEVER disclosed, even to this day...I'm sure Ben is just as tough as Charlie.

I think this is just the new injury policy in the NFL more than anything, and we are overly sensitive to it since we are not used to having a QB worth getting worried about...

Tim
12-01-2005, 06:27 PM
we are overly sensitive to it since we are not used to having a QB worth getting worried about...

Ha! Great point :grin: