PDA

View Full Version : 3rd prime time game in a row (Anyone else tired)

Carolina Steelers
10-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I do like watching the Steelers Ocassionally at night but 3 weeks in a row I do perfer to watch the gm at 1pm. Maybe im just old school but theres nothing like Sun. Afternoon football.

OH well 8hrs till kick off :tt:

stillers4me
10-05-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm fine with it..........just don't go into overtime, guys! ughhhhhhhhh...... getting up in the morning.

PisnNapalm
10-05-2008, 11:25 AM
I'll be off to bed a half time. I gotta get up at 5:30 to drive a school bus. I can't afford to be tired at work. It's the one things that comes before watching a Steelers game for me.

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I love how Jags fans are so proud that they get this ONE primetime game when we have 5 or 6 this year. They don't even realize that for them to get a night game they have to play us so we can bring in the audience because they have no fans.

Hapa
10-05-2008, 11:36 AM
I don't like the Sunday night games because I have to go to bed at 10 PM because I always have to play a game on Monday.

Leftoverhard
10-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I prefer the 1pm (11am) games. There are only 4! this year. It throws me all off.

The Duke
10-05-2008, 11:50 AM
yep, I'm getting a little tired.

3 in the first 5 weeks? that's too much

I'd like it if it was better distributed

steelpride12
10-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Im young and i love the night games. Nothing like a good game under the lights def. at Hines Field.

Just no over time please i hate getting up at 6:30 and getting 5 hours of sleep.

TSDMedic
10-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I do like the afternoon games.....I enjoy the 4 o'clock games that way I can get things done in the morning and be ready to watch the game...but I would watch the Steelers any time! I know it's hard getting up though after an 8 o'clock game....especially like last week when it went into OT and wasn't over until midnight. Getting up the next morning to take my son to school was soooo hard! Go Stillers!!! Kick Jag ass!!!!

Stu Pidasso
10-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Bunch of wusses. LOL

Going to work/school/whatever tired is part of being dedicated fans. With a few exceptions like Pisn, of course. You guys are probably those fans who leave early from games too. You want the Steelers to be 100% through 60 minutes? You do it too!

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Work and School is no excuse to crash during a Steeler game.

DACEB
10-05-2008, 12:51 PM
When you don't get to see alot of the games due to region, you take all the games you can see.

Besides, it's PRIMETIME baby!!! Primetime, primetime, primetime...!!!!!

MasterOfPuppets
10-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Bunch of wusses. LOL

Going to work/school/whatever tired is part of being dedicated fans. With a few exceptions like Pisn, of course. You guys are probably those fans who leave early from games too. You want the Steelers to be 100% through 60 minutes? You do it too!:rofl:...... personally i like it......gives me time to shake off the saturday night hangover funk, and do it all over again .....:alcoholic...... :thumbsup:

kmsteelerwr15
10-05-2008, 01:42 PM
See i like primetime games, its just that im so damn impatient, hell the 4 o'clock games are too far away for me

lilyoder6
10-05-2008, 02:03 PM
i'm loving the primetime games too.. i am able to watch them play..

MasterOfPuppets
10-05-2008, 02:11 PM
my primetime game face >>>> :alcoholic

my 1:00 game face >>>>>>>>>:ouch:

shovelnose
10-05-2008, 02:17 PM
I also love prime time games as I am able to watch them. I always get shafted on the 1pm games. They don't show 1pm steelers games much where I am. Go Steelers:tt02:

steelersfanman92
10-05-2008, 02:25 PM
I dont get the early games normally but I am just getting tired of the prime time games when I have to get up at 6 for school and tomorrow I have a football game right after so I wont get home and do my homework and everything untill 11 and that sucks, but I am willing to stay up to watch one of the few steelers games I get to see

SteelSurf
10-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Not me. I'm a Sunday afternoon guy. Cook up some brats,some hot hot hot wings and assorted other tasties followed by a beer and a shot....
Late night games are terrible for me. Married with children who have school the next day. I yell,cuss,scream and pace through out the entire game. Cant do that with kids who hit the rack at 9pm central.
That being said, Nothing better then a Steeler packed sportsbar with good looking waitresses and excellent food and grog. Most sportsbars in the Godforsaken South are closed by 7pm.

Sidenote: Went shopping yesterday at Winn Dixie and saw two other Steeler fans and zero jagov fans. I live 4 hours away from Jax in Florida.(Godforsaken South..oh wait, I said that already.)

skinart82
10-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I finally buy NFL Sunday Ticket and 4 0f the last 5 are primetime televised.... WTF! I will make sure to do this every year so that everyone can watch the games too!

steelerfan29_99
10-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Living in florida we don't get many Steeler games so we'll take all we can get...ohh and yes there are more steeler fans down here than dolphin...bucs and jag fans combined. GOO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-05-2008, 06:04 PM
I dont mind out here on the left coast. It beats going out to the local watering hole to watch the game. The 1 o'clock games start at 10 AM out here and the afternoon games are at 1. Unless you go to church on Sunday morning, it is a problem.

JackHammer
10-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I'll be off to bed a half time. I gotta get up at 5:30 to drive a school bus. I can't afford to be tired at work. It's the one things that comes before watching a Steelers game for me.

I commend you.

On topic: I'm sick of these night games just because I hate watching other teams all day while waiting for the Steelers game. I get impatient right around one play into the first game of the day.

24seven
10-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I can't believe how many whiny bitches there are that are actually Steelers fans.. How big of a fan can you be if you can ditch out and go to bed for a little extra sleep!! .. Man up you pussies .. The Steelers are playin.. Start at 4am for all i care I'll tune in.. work or not..

MasterOfPuppets
10-05-2008, 07:00 PM
I can't believe how many whiny bitches there are that are actually Steelers fans.. How big of a fan can you be if you can ditch out and go to bed for a little extra sleep!! .. Man up you pussies .. The Steelers are playin.. Start at 4am for all i care I'll tune in.. work or not..:toofunny:.....:mg: can you say that here? :huh:

revefsreleets
10-05-2008, 07:08 PM
These games make my liver hurt, drinking beer on Sundays and Mondays...and my production always sucks the next day...but, eh, who cares? It's prime time football, national love, so bring it on!!!

SteelCityMan786
10-05-2008, 07:15 PM
I finally buy NFL Sunday Ticket and 4 0f the last 5 are primetime televised.... WTF! I will make sure to do this every year so that everyone can watch the games too!

That's what happens when you get a really good schedule.

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-05-2008, 11:21 PM
I can't believe how many whiny bitches there are that are actually Steelers fans.. How big of a fan can you be if you can ditch out and go to bed for a little extra sleep!! .. Man up you pussies .. The Steelers are playin.. Start at 4am for all i care I'll tune in.. work or not..

I like the way you think. I am one of your biggest fans...mark it down.

Preacher
10-06-2008, 12:21 AM
I do like watching the Steelers Ocassionally at night but 3 weeks in a row I do perfer to watch the gm at 1pm. Maybe im just old school but theres nothing like Sun. Afternoon football.

Again....

I LOVE late steeler games.. .cause I get to watch them live, rather than DVR'd.

Preacher
10-06-2008, 12:26 AM
BTW....

We only have 4 more 1PM games all year. Our next game, and then the last three games of the year.

Steel_Bus_24
10-06-2008, 12:37 AM
BTW....

We only have 4 more 1PM games all year. Our next game, and then the last three games of the year.

aren't those flexed too......I bet that Titans game gets moved

the_king_from_leon
10-06-2008, 06:17 AM

Lol try living in the UK, I have got to bed the last few weeks on average at 5am! With work at 9 theres no better way than working with a lack of sleep!

SCSTILLER
10-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Lol try living in the UK, I have got to bed the last few weeks on average at 5am! With work at 9 theres no better way than working with a lack of sleep!

Been there done that when I lived in Germany, it sucked (but well worth it). I remember going to work on one hour of sleep, sometimes no sleep! :drooling:

blkngld68
10-06-2008, 07:41 AM
When your stuck with every Lions game televised, like us here in Michigan,then you can start complaining.

Can't afford the Direct TV football package,so any televised Steeler's game i get to see is a bonus.
I do agree with the spread them out comments. Hopefully we will get a couple more Prime Time games with the Flex Scheduling.

the_king_from_leon
10-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Been there done that when I lived in Germany, it sucked (but well worth it). I remember going to work on one hour of sleep, sometimes no sleep! :drooling:

LOL nothing better than the feeling Im having today which is a mixture of :puke: with some :yawn: and obviously lots of :tt02:

Looking forward to getting to bed tonight though!

SCSTILLER
10-06-2008, 08:53 AM
LOL nothing better than the feeling Im having today which is a mixture of :puke: with some :yawn: and obviously lots of :tt02:

Looking forward to getting to bed tonight though!

I remember that feeling well, nothing like piling coffee on top of Hefeweizen! :drink:

CanadianSteel
10-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Prefer Sunday 1pm games but I never miss a game no matter what time its on, so primetime is also OK.
I do have problems getting to sleep after some of the night games as the adrenelin is still pumping, but it lets me spend time with my 2 young kids during the day...

steelpride12
10-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Who cares its Steeler football!

PisnNapalm
10-06-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm tired of listening to Maddening's commentary. Guy drives me nuts.

atlsteelers
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM
The benefit to the later games is i actually get things done around the house or get to spend sometime mtn biking or canoeing, however, i prefer the afternoon games.

stlrtruck
10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm tired of listening to Maddening's commentary. Guy drives me nuts.

Abso-freakin-lutely!!!!!

He really needs to retire from commentating!!

Petesburgh66
10-06-2008, 12:33 PM
I love the Steelers in prime time as I don't have to watch the Bills at that time in my market.

But I hate those 4:15 games. The Steelers seem to lose during that time slot.

Edman
10-06-2008, 01:01 PM
It's what comes with being popular.

The NFL knows the Steelers draw one of the highest ratings, so they stick them in primetime and late games to maximize profit. Why else do we have East coast road games set at 4pm(@Philly, @New England)?

To say the least, these late games are pretty damn annoying.

Preacher
10-06-2008, 01:51 PM
:rofl:

And I still love the them!!!

Live football is great to watch!

WisconsinSteelerMan
10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
I like the primetime games... It means I get to see some BLACK AND GOLD instead of the putrid GREEN AND GOLD or even worse PURPLE AND GOLD...

It does make for late nights, but oh well... it is worth it to see the "Men in Black" play. I also don't particularly mind Madden, and actually have been getting a kick out of the fact that he has to say something GOOD about the Steelers when they are winning! We all know he HATES to do that, for sure!

I do like Al Michaels, too and think that he and Madden go well together...

Mike in La Crosse, WI

steel9guy
10-06-2008, 03:04 PM
I also really like the primetime games but I just wish they would schedule them more apart because we've been on Sunday or Monday night 3 outta 4 weeks now and we only have 1 more Monday night game left unless the flex schedule puts us on Sunday night towards the end of the season.

TSDMedic
10-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Bunch of wusses. LOL

Going to work/school/whatever tired is part of being dedicated fans. With a few exceptions like Pisn, of course. You guys are probably those fans who leave early from games too. You want the Steelers to be 100% through 60 minutes? You do it too!

Only a few people here said that they didn't stay up for the entire game...all the thread was about was that having a lot of night games, like last Monday and last night, makes it hard to get up the next morning. I am sure everyone on here watches the entire game and no we do not leave early from a game.

If these people want to go to bed and not stay up for the entire game maybe it's because they actually care about their jobs and being able to perform to the best of their ability at work......would Ben be at his best if he was up late on a Saturday night and then had to play an early morning game???? Going to bed because you have a job to do early the next morning doesn't make you any less of a fan.

I save lives for a living.....would you want me responding to an emergency to your house if I was up late the night before??? Would you want me treating you for that heart attack....maybe pushing the wrong medication or shocking your heart at the wrong energy level....and my only defense in court when your family sued me because you died would be "I am sorry your honor....I was up late the night before watching the Steeler game!!!!" Yea....that's a great defense for court!

Texasteel
10-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Only a few people here said that they didn't stay up for the entire game...all the thread was about was that having a lot of night games, like last Monday and last night, makes it hard to get up the next morning. I am sure everyone on here watches the entire game and no we do not leave early from a game.

If these people want to go to bed and not stay up for the entire game maybe it's because they actually care about their jobs and being able to perform to the best of their ability at work......would Ben be at his best if he was up late on a Saturday night and then had to play an early morning game???? Going to bed because you have a job to do early the next morning doesn't make you any less of a fan.

I save lives for a living.....would you want me responding to an emergency to your house if I was up late the night before??? Would you want me treating you for that heart attack....maybe pushing the wrong medication or shocking your heart at the wrong energy level....and my only defense in court when your family sued me because you died would be "I am sorry your honor....I was up late the night before watching the Steeler game!!!!" Yea....that's a great defense for court!

Don't let these guys bother you, a lot of them just love to thump their chests and pretend that they are the greatest fans in the world.

TSDMedic
10-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Oh yea I know but I am the type to defend people when I see them being "bashed". I guess it's in my nature and why I am in the career field that I am in. :wink02:

I know that some people on here have to flex their testerone to make themselves look better.....hahahaha!!:rofl::toofunny:

Being a true fan is in your heart and as long as you stay true to your team, it doesn't matter if you choose to stay up late for a game or if you choose to head to bed for a good nights sleep.

HometownGal
10-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I'm tired and I had to get up at the ass crack of dawn, but I'd do it every week if the schedule played out that way, just to cheer on my Steelers!

I'm with the majority here - if you're tired, go to bed! Doesn't make you any less of a fan because you are doing the responsible thing by recognizing that your job is a priority even over the Steelers. Can't buy all that Steelers gear if you're booted out of your job on your ass because you fell asleep at work!

Lock Down
10-06-2008, 05:34 PM
As a fan from Australia, i am grateful for the prime time games as it gurantees the Steelers will be on TV down here. Being able to see three games thus far without having to rely on streams & audio has been great.

However i made a mistake last week for the Baltimore game of waiting to watch the replay.The prime time games air live here around 11AM. I was at work & did not want to find out the result early, which mean't i avoided sports websites, which is difficult when work gets slow. Unfortunately the majority or a fair chunk of the game replay was skipped, which was very frustrating after waiting 7 hours to see the game, though i did see Reed kick the game winner, so it's not all bad :tt02:

The earliest wake up has been for the Houston game, which was around 3-30AM. Then there was the eagles game which may have been 5AM i think, i had to listen to an audio for that game as the stream was far too slow. Wasn't awfully nice to listen to that particular game's audio lol.

It's always worth it though & i don't mind the times either, it's kind of nice to known you can be left alone in the early hours of the morning to watch/listen to Steelers, no distractions :thumbsup:

cowboykilla
10-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Whenever we're playing i'm watching. That's what red bull is for.