PDA

View Full Version : stats SNF repped tonight for us? hardest schedule since 197_? Ben - most TD's in 4th?

BigBen2WardPITT
10-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Sunday Night Football said/showed two stats on the Steelers:

That we had the hardest schedule in the league (knew that), but the hardest since some team in he 1970s... what was it?

Also, they said big Ben had the most TD's or most comebacks in the 4th or something along those lines while he was driving down the field for our last td.... what was that?

Crushzilla
10-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I want to say it was 76

Ben has the most comeback drives since I can't remember when. It was 14 though so probably in the last couple years (maybe when he came in the league.)

The Duke
10-05-2008, 11:37 PM
I want to say it was 76

Ben has the most comeback drives since I can't remember when. It was 14 though so probably in the last couple years (maybe when he came in the league.)

yeah, I think it's since he entered the league. so...2004

that's great considering manning's and brady's great seasons since then

fansince'76
10-05-2008, 11:37 PM
That we had the hardest schedule in the league (knew that), but the hardest since some team in he 1970s... what was it?

Hardest since the '76 Giants, supposedly. :noidea:

I.C. Lights
10-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Just heard another great one: "Pittsburgh . . . in a bloodbath every week."

Feels nice to beat the Jags, and hats off to them as they are always tough.

steelpride12
10-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Ya to last years records, but with teams like the Colts, Chargers, and Pats struggling we have a good chance to get solid wins.

fansince'76
10-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Ya to last years records, but with teams like the Colts, Chargers, and Pats struggling we have a good chance to get solid wins.

Chargers are overrated, the Colts are still playing like crap, and the cheating bastards are squeaking by creampuffs. If the Steelers play to their potential, they can beat all three of them.

lilyoder6
10-05-2008, 11:44 PM
yeah ben had like 14 4th qtr comebacks and thats the most since 04.. he just has so many records

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Chargers are overrated, the Colts are still playing like crap, and the cheating bastards are squeaking by creampuffs. If the Steelers play to their potential, they can beat all three of them.

They should and they will. I am out here in cream puff charger land. I can't wait until our matchup.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Yeah, that is the fun thing about the NFL......those stats dont mean squat!!

Chargers, Patriots, Browns, Colts dont look nearly as good as they did last year. Still think its a tough sched, but 4-1 at the bye is good, considering most thought 9-7 or 10-6 wins the AFC north this season.

Steel_Bus_24
10-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Hell Yeah!!!

4-1 baby!!

Though I usually don't do this, but I have to

Suck it jags...take a nice bite of that turd sandwich and swash it around a little:tt02:

Jax,NE, and Balt get under my skin so much....this is a great feeling

Get healthy Steelers!and Way to Go!!

Steelman16
10-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Ben truly is a warrior. All stats really do (sorry hizmi :chuckle: ) is make me a little more in awe of Big Ben.

The whole 'toughest schedule' stuff is mostly just fluffy talk before the season. It's one game at a time. Anything can happen in the NFL.

But hey - I guess it gives something for sportswriters and announcers to spout about when something goes right or wrong.

The real story is how our Defense is playing like the '94 Blitzburgh again. Try 19 yards allowed to Fred Taylor who annually finds holes in our D, and just 7 yards to his little sparkplug of a sidekick.

As said in the post above, suck it Jags! :tt02:

Sharkissle29
10-06-2008, 02:16 AM
i dont understand why our defense doesnt get the respect they deserve on espn and stuff like that, its the best defense in the league!

ricksteelers55
10-06-2008, 02:56 AM
I tell you what,we are going to give the superbowl champions their first L this year...and it's good to beat those jags in their home sweet revenge

Preacher
10-06-2008, 04:30 AM
I tell you what,we are going to give the superbowl champions their first L this year...and it's good to beat those jags in their home sweet revenge

That will be a good test of whether we are REALLY ready to be an elite team again.

Gotta get that line up and ready.