PDA

View Full Version : Mathis..

The_WARDen
10-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Is there anyway they can try and get this guy? He always seems to hurt them.

I liken it the Pens signing Kasparitis because he always gave Mario fits.

steelpride12
10-06-2008, 11:08 AM
I don't know about getting him, but a little hint...DON'T THROW HIS WAY!

Edman
10-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I think he's in a contract year.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-06-2008, 11:13 AM
No need to break the bank on a guy like Mathis.

Just re sign McFadden and draft another CB to replace Townsend in a couple seasons. The Steelers build from within for the most part, not by overpaying free agents.

Holmes slipped and he got the pick 6. If Santo stays upright, nobody notices Mathis last night.

fansince'76
10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Holmes slipped and he got the pick 6. If Santo stays upright, nobody notices Mathis last night.

:iagree: Bingo.

klick81
10-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Can't deny the fact that he's picked off a Pittsburgh QB at least once per game in the past few years!

The Duke
10-06-2008, 11:46 AM

exactly. he was covering holmes all night, and it's not like he was shutdown, he had his share of good catches

I don't know about getting him, but a little hint...DON'T THROW HIS WAY!

with big ben at qb? no way. our qb isn't scared of any player

that's what I love about ben, he doesn't let a few interceptions scare him, he just continues throwing it . whether it is to mathis or bailey, he always challenges the top CBs in the league

The_WARDen
10-06-2008, 11:49 AM
I posted this with a touch of sarcasm but it is uncanny how he does this on a regular basis...whether receivers fall down or whatnot. It's like he has a Steeler voodoo doll on the sideline.

jjpro11
10-06-2008, 11:57 AM
i would sign mcfadden over him.. but if mcfadden bolts, i certainly wouldnt mind getting him at the right price. im really just tired of seeing him running with the football when our offense is on the field.

randy06
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
i think mcfadden will end up staying

atlsteelers
10-06-2008, 12:41 PM
if mathis played the steelers every week he would be a hall of famer - i like the way he finds the ball

SCSTILLER
10-06-2008, 01:13 PM
if mathis played the steelers every week he would be a hall of famer - i like the way he finds the ball

I don't like the way he is always finding the ball intended for our receivers though!

rbryan
10-06-2008, 01:22 PM
No need to break the bank on a guy like Mathis.

Just re sign McFadden and draft another CB to replace Townsend in a couple seasons. The Steelers build from within for the most part, not by overpaying free agents.

Somebody should have told Madden, he said Ben made a bad throw. I can't tell anymore whether Madden just can't see past the end of his nose or past his hatred of the Steelers. Either way I'm so sick of listening to that bloated windbag that I had to turn the volume off last night. I really need to figure out how to get the WDVE audio hooked up thru my sound system. I guess I have to have a computer hooked up to my TV / sound system?

The_WARDen
10-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Somebody should have told Madden, he said Ben made a bad throw. I can't tell anymore whether Madden just can't see past the end of his nose or past his hatred of the Steelers. Either way I'm so sick of listening to that bloated windbag that I had to turn the volume off last night. I really need to figure out how to get the WDVE audio hooked up thru my sound system. I guess I have to have a computer hooked up to my TV / sound system?

I noticed that too...he didn't even retract it after the replay clearly showed Holmes slipping.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-06-2008, 03:10 PM

Madden kept saying that Clark's hit was head to head too. Clark was clearly late, but lead with his shoulder....not his head.

Madden is like that crazy old uncle that some of us have. He shows up for xmas or thanksgiving dinner talking crazy about a lot of things that make no sense, but we still find it entertaining for a while.

Potsie
10-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Mathis always has great games against us. Some players just seem to have your number (although not so much recently, Joshua Cribbs)

DACEB
10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Mathis always has great games against us. Some players just seem to have your number (although not so much recently, Joshua Cribbs)

If you pay close attention it's the same route run by the receiver. 15yd curl, twice run by Santo, once thrown by Maddox for three pick 6s.

I always like the idea of signing a good player that kills you all the time. Hey, at the very least avoid that route to his side.