PDA

View Full Version : Madden and Michaels ....tidbits

CanadianSteel
10-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Is it just me or are these 2 the most pathetic announcers going.... Do they even watch the game ?

- Maden kept calling the Rayn Clark hit helmet to helmet ?? late hit possibly.. but there was no helmet to helmet hit... he said this many times after the replay...

- On the game ending sack by James harrison Michales and madden couldn't figure out why they were marking the ball where Garrad fumbled, and thought they ruled in the grasp. Madden if anyone should know that you can't advance a fumble (dave casper rule from Raiders I believe ) and since Jags recovered it goes to spot of fumble

- Michaels claining that the clock screw up and 2 point try at the end "didn't really matter" cause Jags would need a TD anyho w ?? Huh....:banging: Ypou don't know the difference between a 5 point lead and 7 point lead...

- Maddens infatuation with David Garrad's calves :noidea:

- madden calling Polamalu the best tackler in tne game... Now I love the way Troy plays... and runs... but his human missle style of tackling doesn't always work.

Thats all of the top of my head but I am sure there was much more dribble that i can't recall at this moment.

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Ryan's hit was not illegal. Keep in mind that the play is not over when the ball is tipped. It is over when the ball hits the ground. That being said, it's not as bad as it looks. just because Ryan played til the whistle and Matt Jones stopped doesn't make it a late hit.

PisnNapalm
10-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Madden is a hater.... He's hated the Steelers since the 70's or earlier.

I wish he'd just drop off the planet.

klick81
10-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Whaddya expect? Madden is one senile puppy.

Steelman16
10-06-2008, 08:02 PM
How about all the botched words and names? Madden talks like a 3-year-old!

"...Chris Polamalu..." ? :doh:

"...(throwing) a squeen..."

"...(some other name) Clark..." (I think he said James instead of Ryan)

He had a bunch more gaffes, but I'm still steaming over the Polamalu one. :chuckle:

KeiselPower99
10-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I cant stand Madden. I just hope they dont move any of our gamnes back later on this season.

NJarhead
10-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I'll take them over the MNF crew ANY DAY.

Petesburgh66
10-06-2008, 11:07 PM
I think both Michaels and Madden need to shut up during a review of play. Ward's TD was clearly a TD with out the replay. But it took 5 replays for both of two dolts to figure that out.

And I won't forget how both stooges called Super Bowl XL.

SteelersMongol
10-06-2008, 11:35 PM
How about all the botched words and names? Madden talks like a 3-year-old!

"...Chris Polamalu..." ? :doh:

"...(throwing) a squeen..."

"...(some other name) Clark..." (I think he said James instead of Ryan)

He had a bunch more gaffes, but I'm still steaming over the Polamalu one. :chuckle:

:toofunny:

fansince'76
10-06-2008, 11:36 PM
I'll take them over the MNF crew ANY DAY.

That's not saying much. :chuckle:

lilyoder6
10-06-2008, 11:44 PM
they are pretty wacky.. honestly who cares how big gerrads calves are.

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 12:07 AM
That's not saying much. :chuckle:

lol. Yeah, a little bit of "pick your poison" but I do like Al Michaels and Madden makes me laugh. At least they can talk football, unlike Kornheiser (sp).