PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Digest

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-02-2005, 01:18 AM
Does anyone subscribe to the Steelers Digest.
When i lived in PA. the local gas stations carried the Steelers Digets newspaper, but ever since i moved to maryland i couldnt get my hands on one.
I was wondering if anyone has it delivered to their house, and if it actually arrives before the games.
During the season its a weekly newspaper, and off season it is a monthly paper.
I believe its $99 for three years......
OR does anyone know of another news paper that can be delivered???
THANKS>>>>

SalukiSteelers
12-02-2005, 01:38 AM
Dude, do not subscribe to the hard copy edition of Steelers Digest.

I made that mistake this season because it was something I always wanted to have. Well, I just got the post-Cleveland issue. Hooray for freakin' me!

I called the company that publishes the mag and asked to have my print subscription replaced with the on-line edition. Hopefully it works out a little better because if not I paid about $55 for an outdated propaganda rag.

The actual magazine is okay but if I would have known that this was the way it was going to be, I wouldn't have wasted the scrilla.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2005, 02:33 AM
Yep, Ive been a subcriber for so long I cant even remember.. :grin: It starts to go into print the moment the game is over. There are some stories that are made ahead of time too of course.

I get mine usually on wednesday or thursday after the game, so yeah its always here way before the next weeks game.

you can also subscribe and read it online too.

Ambridge
12-02-2005, 05:08 AM
I've had a subscription for several years as well and like Blitz said it usually arrives on Wednesday or Thursday following the game. However that's not to say I haven't a gotten a late or missed issue (it's maybe happened about 3-4 times). I've then just called the publisher to complain and they've sent me the back issue as well as extended my subscription for an extra week.

clevestinks
12-02-2005, 05:32 AM
If you have a Borders or Walden books in your area, you can pick it up there .

steeler47
12-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Yep, Ive been a subcriber for so long I cant even remember.. :grin: It starts to go into print the moment the game is over. There are some stories that are made ahead of time too of course.

I get mine usually on wednesday or thursday after the game, so yeah its always here way before the next weeks game.

you can also subscribe and read it online too.

You can also pay the $5,000 to get it first class so you get it before the game !!!LOL

I talked to Teresa Varley once and explained that I'm paying them for a product that I believe should be there before the upcoming game.She say's well...you can pay the extra for first class and maybe you'll get it before the next game.I say WAIT..hold on there...I'm paying you for a product already which should include the OBVIOUS..get the rag before the upcoming game.I mean...that is an OBVIOUS assumption correct.And know you want me to pay you EXTRA to assure me that I recieve your product ontime???Should'nt that be YOUR resposibility to YOUR CUSTOMER'S ???I should say that I was living on the West Coast so that was thier reasoning for late arrivals.

Anyhow.I stopped it a couple years ago beings that after everyyear it climbs in cost and they are still useing recycled paper to print on.It's good to read about our beloved STEELER'S..but being ripped off by the same people we support...welll it just put's a bad taste in my mouth!!!

Now the on-line version seem's cool enough but again....to print it it's something like $50.00 more !!:rolleyes:

steeler47
12-02-2005, 08:17 AM
How do I deleate this post?

jtdapit
12-02-2005, 12:32 PM
yeah im along time subscriber i just made the over view in the one where hines ward is on the cover.

SalukiSteelers
12-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah, Steeler47, they tried to get me to chip in extra for the 1st class shipping. Give me a break! What the hell am I paying the original amount for? Again, hopefully the on-line edition I switched to will be better. There's definately no place to go but up.

AvoidLLoyd95
12-02-2005, 02:41 PM
I used to subscribe for a long time but found that I usually didn't have time to read it. I could get the same info online. I was running into problems where it was always coming after the games and I *****ed so much to them that somehow I got free 1st class for the next two years on my subscription. Turned out that until I didn't renew it this year, I was getting 1st class everyweek for free. Just the subscription fee. Guess it pays to be a pain in the ass every now and again. Save your cash and hit the Post Gazzette online for free and get the same info. Thass what I do. Or check in here. Get the most info through the grapevine than anywhere else.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks everyone for your input....Unfortuently we do not have a very good STEELERS homepage, you are charged for everything and the articles that are free are not worth reading......Thanks to STEELERS FEVER we can get some reliable, GOOD news on our steelers..........

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Im getting it for christmas.......3 years for $99, cant be that bad

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Its worth it. I get a renewal every year for christmas. I cant live without it. :tt:

I sometimes think of just getting the online version, but you cant read that in the bathtub :rofl: