PDA

View Full Version : 15-1!!!!

jdsdaguy
10-07-2008, 05:20 AM
looking at the remaining schedule, does anyone see a game that we cannot possibly win? i think we are becoming the power house of the league this season. just wishful thinking.

stillers4me
10-07-2008, 06:23 AM
If we can play consistantly, we'll be fine.

The only games that really concern me at this point are the Skins and the Giants.

But I don't even take the Bungles lightly.....they are 0-5-2. (0 wins, 5 losess and 2 almost beat good teams)

stlrtruck
10-07-2008, 09:07 AM
As long as they make it deep into the playoffs (read into that meaning to the Super Bowl) and bring home #6, I don't care if they are 10-6, 11-5, or whatever - as long as they bring home another trophy.

CanadianSteel
10-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Like your thinking but don't care so much about the final record as long as they are peaking and healthy going into the playoffs, much like 2005.
I think we could do some damage this year in the playoffs versus teams like Buffalo and Titians if the AFC shapes up the way it has the first few weeks. Still long season to go and we need to get heatly.

steelpride12
10-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Actually im not worred about the Giants or colts, but actually the teams with bad records like the Bungles. We have a temdency to lose to bad teams on the road and after our bye week we play the bungles in Cincy. We need to play our A-game against them because thats the last game we want to lose before the schedule gets tou gh.

HometownGal
10-07-2008, 11:06 AM
I love your positive 'tude, but I don't see this season's banged up team going 15-1. As others have said, I don't much care about their record on paper. I think a 10-6 or 11-5 record is more realistic and will win the AFCN.

Mosca
10-07-2008, 11:14 AM
I look at it the way the players do. During the week, I'm only looking toward the next game; during the game, I'm only looking at the next play. I keep my focus on what's right in front of me.

And remember, if it's halftime and a game is a blowout... the team that is behind has just as much time to get back in it as the leader had to get that far in front. The only way you can be a loser, from either end, is by tossing in the towel and quitting (or by easing up). The Bungles are 0-5... that means they can wind up 11-5. Wounded animals are dangerous.

stlrtruck
10-07-2008, 11:22 AM
IThe Bungles are 0-5... that means they can wind up 11-5. Wounded animals are dangerous.

Isn't that the truth. But since they're wounded, let's go ahead and cut the head off and end the cherade!!!

The_WARDen
10-07-2008, 11:25 AM
If they go 15-1, then you make Tomlin Coach of the Decade with all the issues this team has right now like key injuries and suspect protection.

I wonder though...if at 15-1 would it again be because Ben is a good game manager?

MACH1
10-07-2008, 11:43 AM
The only thing that matters in the end is that big shinny Lombardi.

Edman
10-07-2008, 11:52 AM
This team is too banged up to go 15-1.

I'd prefer the Steelers to go the 2005 route. Get hot at the right time and roll through the playoffs.

DACEB
10-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Nice thought but, we are pretty dinged up. They are playing well as a TEAM though. There will still be tough stretches ahead. The remaining teams from the NFC east will all be difficult. But as we've learned since the Eagles game, hopefully they learn from their mistakes and peak for the playoffs.

WisconsinSteelerMan
10-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I love reading posts here after both a win and a loss.

After a loss, everyone says, "this team is CRAP...We ain't gonna do shit...Fire Tomlin...Bench Ben...Fast Willie Sux...Troy can't play anymore...5-11 is going to be our record..."

After the win, "we are gonna go all the way...the world is our oyster...Tomlin is a God, and Lebeau is his minion...Our offensive line is awesome"...

I look at it over the long haul. We are a pretty decent team. Not perfect, but decent... we will win our division if nothing major happens to us the rest of the way, and we might even get a bye for the first week of the playoffs. If fate favors us to get to the big game, we will hang with the best of them!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

SteelMember
10-07-2008, 05:00 PM
We just need to win the division. Everything else will work itself out.

I wonder though...if at 15-1 would it again be because Ben is a good game manager?

He passed his "no-huddle" review 2 weeks ago, and has since been promoted to
"Game Supervisor".

The_WARDen
10-07-2008, 05:08 PM
We just need to win the division. Everything else will work itself out.

He passed his "no-huddle" review 2 weeks ago, and has since been promoted to
"Game Supervisor".

That's right! :doh: I forgot about his promotion & raise earlier this year.

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Last time we went 15-1 it hurt a lot. I just want to get into and dominate the play-offs. 3-0 or 4-0 at that point will be the only thing worth celebrating. :drink:

Steelman16
10-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I think we'll drop another 4-5 games, but none will be blowouts. Our offensive line will be playing catch-up with our defense the entire year. If the line catches up, we win. If not, it's either close or we lose by only a few.

But as proved last Sunday, as long as Big Ben can stand on his feet, we're still in every game.

There are really no games we couldn't easily win, but I think our offensive line will decide the final outcome.

Currently though, it's all about the Bye week and Cinci.

iloveben7
10-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Well we are capable of winning every game and if they keep playing like a team, despite all our injuries, we'll win our division and make a great win in the playoffs. The final record really doesn't matter because we just have to get into the playoffs and go from there, hopefully bringing home that #6.

Dino 6 Rings
10-07-2008, 05:45 PM
I thought someone was laying odds at 15-1, not picking our "record"

We just need to remain focussed on 5-1 at this point. Up next, the struggling Bengals. Can't have a let down.

revefsreleets
10-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I THOUGHT about 15-1....it was the mind's mischief....but I would NEVER POST IT!!!!!!

That's like talking to a pitcher tossing a no hitter in the 3rd...

We'll probably lose to the Bungals, which will probably be their only win, now that this was posted.

Hines0wnz
10-07-2008, 08:45 PM
I thought someone was laying odds at 15-1, not picking our "record"

We just need to remain focussed on 5-1 at this point. Up next, the struggling Bengals. Can't have a let down.

I concur! :thumbsup:

No use in daydreaming because its just now October. There is still November and December to get to yet. If Ben gets hurt and misses games by then we may be hoping for 10-6 and a wild card spot. One week at a time!

9-5
10-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Well, as long as Big Ben is healthy enough to play, you gotta chance. With the way your O-line is playing........it doesn't look he'll make it to Week 17.

SteelCityMan786
10-07-2008, 10:03 PM
The only thing that matters in the end is that big shinny Lombardi.

As long as Vince Lombardi makes its 6th homecoming to Pittsburgh, that will do the talking.

lilyoder6
10-07-2008, 10:42 PM
cincy has played very good against the g-men and dallas.. so they can still play good ball.. and they could hurt us if weare not looking

LVSteelersfan
10-08-2008, 12:41 AM
You people are all smoking crack if you think Dallas, New England, San Diego, NY Giants, Washington Redskins, Tennessee Titans, Ravens #2, Indianapolis are not all going to be rough games. 15-1 is a pipe dream with that O-line. I like the idea, but it is highly doubtful. I like this team but there are too many questionable coaching decisions to call them a Super Bowl contender at this point. If they don't fix that running up the middle for no gain in EVERY GAME they play, we will be lucky to be .500. There, I said it. I hope it takes the jinx off now.

Preacher
10-08-2008, 12:56 AM
I love reading posts here after both a win and a loss.

After a loss, everyone says, "this team is CRAP...We ain't gonna do shit...Fire Tomlin...Bench Ben...Fast Willie Sux...Troy can't play anymore...5-11 is going to be our record..."

After the win, "we are gonna go all the way...the world is our oyster...Tomlin is a God, and Lebeau is his minion...Our offensive line is awesome"...

I look at it over the long haul. We are a pretty decent team. Not perfect, but decent... we will win our division if nothing major happens to us the rest of the way, and we might even get a bye for the first week of the playoffs. If fate favors us to get to the big game, we will hang with the best of them!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

:rofl:

Aint that the truth!!!

Steel_Bus_24
10-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Our line just isn't dominant enough to go 15-1

Although I wish for the best, I'll be happy if we can win the division and go into the playoffs relatively healthy and amplified

hizmi
10-08-2008, 01:55 AM
We're far more likely to finish with a losing record than win our next 11 games....

We are 4-1, but because our offense has struggled mightily, we've been playing more like a .500 team.

Considering the strength of our remaining schedule, we will have to make significant improvements on the offensive side of the ball, and maintain our current special teams/defensive numbers if want to get to 11 wins, let a lone 15.

I'd say at this point 10-6 is most likely.

Galax Steeler
10-08-2008, 04:46 AM
I don't care what our record is as long as we make a big run in the playoffs and have a chance at the superbowl.

The_WARDen
10-08-2008, 08:23 AM
You people are all smoking crack if you think Dallas, New England, San Diego, NY Giants, Washington Redskins, Tennessee Titans, Ravens #2, Indianapolis are not all going to be rough games. 15-1 is a pipe dream with that O-line. I like the idea, but it is highly doubtful. I like this team but there are too many questionable coaching decisions to call them a Super Bowl contender at this point. If they don't fix that running up the middle for no gain in EVERY GAME they play, we will be lucky to be .500. There, I said it. I hope it takes the jinx off now.

HATER!! Those teams do not stack up at all against the almighty Steelers!

fansince'76
10-08-2008, 09:37 AM

Still flamebaiting because you gave up on a game before halftime and got called on it? Grow up already. :coffee:

SteelMember
10-08-2008, 11:18 AM
:doh:

The Steelers will lose all their games in which they do not score enough points to win.*

"I Guarantee It!":thumbsup:

The_WARDen
10-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Still flamebaiting because you gave up on a game before halftime and got called on it? Grow up already. :coffee:

Yes your majesty. You are truly awesome and all knowing, I am unworthy.

I also drink coffee...although I'm trying to cut back.

:coffee:

lilyoder6
10-08-2008, 12:00 PM
i don't know how u can think that dallas,skins, and g-men don't stack up well.. they are all very good teams. and last time i checked the cowboys have talented players evrywhere, so evrytime they play u know it's gonna be good

The_WARDen
10-08-2008, 12:08 PM
i don't know how u can think that dallas,skins, and g-men don't stack up well.. they are all very good teams. and last time i checked the cowboys have talented players evrywhere, so evrytime they play u know it's gonna be good

The Giants give me cause for concern because they have a good pass rush although thankfully not as good as it was during the playoffs last year.

Dallas is too stupid to realize that their best player is Marion Barber. The OC
caters to the crybaby TO. Also, if you pressure Homo he folds like a deck of cards.
I think they win that game but it'll be tough.

Washington is playing well at the moment but I'm just not sold on them for some reason.

I think they can go 2-1 in those games...the game that could swing it to 1-2 is the Dallas game.

#1LambertFan
10-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Actually im not worred about the Giants or colts, but actually the teams with bad records like the Bungles. We have a temdency to lose to bad teams on the road and after our bye week we play the bungles in Cincy. We need to play our A-game against them because thats the last game we want to lose before the schedule gets tou gh.

But take in mind under Ben we have a better record away from Heinz against AFC North teams. I dont think they are a problem. What I would love to see though is a W against the Titans the Giants and the Redskins to shut everyone up about the "best teams" in the NFL. However I would prefer to lay low though. I love hearing people talk about how well the Steelers are doing but they tend to break good streaks when they start seeing their names on tv.

LVSteelersfan
10-08-2008, 02:06 PM

Not a hater in the least. I said it was to take the jinx off. I actually think we can beat anybody if we play up to par. Anyone predicting 15-1 at this point of the season puts the jinx on. I hope we kick everybody's butt from here to next week.

OneForTheToe
10-08-2008, 03:18 PM
I started this year thinking we would be 10-6, but obviously I think we will end better now.

While not likely, it is possible we could end up 15-1. Of course, it is also possible that injuries and our "bugger" of a schedule could catch up with us and we could end up 8-8 or 9-7 - again, not likely.

For the purpose of easy understanding (for my own pea brain), I think of the remaining games falling into three categories. First, the games against the remaining NFC East teams. All those games will be tough and we could lose all three and still be ok in the AFC. Still, I'll say we go 2-1 against Skins, Gnats and Chicks. Second, would be our remaining games within the AFC "Norris Division." Any game is a trap game within your division. At the moment, I'm leaning towards going 3-1 the rest of the season. That game against the ratbirds in Baltimore on dec 14th will be another war. Remember, also the last game of the season is against the "brownies" at home, but could be a game that means nothing. I could easily imagine Ben, Hines and Willie not seeing the field in that game. Third, the remaining non-divisional games against the AFC, which consist of home against the Colts and "bolts" and away versus the "cheatriots" and Titans. Sticking with the theme, I see us going 3-1 here. This would account for 4 losses, but I figure we will probably have one more loss in there and now end the season 11-5. Finishing 7-4 may seem like a downer, but with that schedule it would have to be considered a stellar performance.

Other predictions for the AFC now that the season has started:

1) "rat birds" - 9-7 flaco, is impressive, but will hit the rookie wall as Ben did.; Browns - 5-11; "bungles 4-12" So, 10-6 still wins division.

2) Titans will go 13-3 because their schedule is easier than ours.

3) Bills will fade to 10-6 and maybe get a Wild-card spot - a year away I believe.

4) The cheatriots will win their division again because of their easy schedule, but the Colts are toast.

ben7
10-08-2008, 04:06 PM
We got the Giants coming up.

stlrtruck
10-08-2008, 04:22 PM
We got the Giants coming up.

First, let's take care of the bungals and that "trap" game.

One week, one game!!!

Dino 6 Rings
10-08-2008, 05:54 PM
the only team that matters is the Bengals....that's it. After that, I'll look ahead.

I don't want to allow the Bengals to get their first W against US. No Fcking Way.

steelpride12
10-08-2008, 08:58 PM
But take in mind under Ben we have a better record away from Heinz against AFC North teams. I dont think they are a problem. What I would love to see though is a W against the Titans the Giants and the Redskins to shut everyone up about the "best teams" in the NFL. However I would prefer to lay low though. I love hearing people talk about how well the Steelers are doing but they tend to break good streaks when they start seeing their names on tv.

O no doubt i love watching NFL live because i actually DON'T want them to mention the Steelers. Sure were Ranked 5th in the Power Rankings, but year after year we are under looked and overseen in the league.
Teams don't expect much till we come out punch them in the face and prove we are one of the best of the best week in and week out.
But for now lets take it one week at a time and this Sunday, REST! :tt03:

Welcome To Smashmouth
10-08-2008, 09:52 PM
does anyone see a game that we cannot possibly win?

A possibility to win each individual game?? Sure. But let's give the other team's in the league a little more respect here, we're talking about a schedule that "the experts" rated as the most difficult of the century.....the last time a schedule was this hard (by the numbers that is) was i belive 1973, and it was rated just as hard as ours, not a hair harder.....

I'm not exactly sure how we ended up with such a demanding road this year, but I say talk of a 15-1 season at this point is just a little whacky....can't wait for some of the challenges though. Dallas, Indy, New England, New York Giants....we've got some great obstacles in front of us that are going to be damn fun watching our players respond to.

:tt03: GO STILLERS!!!

DACEB
10-09-2008, 07:04 AM
The cheatriots will win their division again because of their easy schedule, but the Colts are toast.

The Bills will win the East, Pats will be fighting for wild card.

stlrtruck
10-09-2008, 10:36 AM

And one can only hope that the loss to the dolphins a few weeks ago comes back to haunt them and keep them out. Because I can't wait to hear the things coming out of New England - 1)Being Dragtruk's response to their elimination from the playoffs and 2) the wicked statements coming out of the area about "Pitchers and Catchers" reporting.

OneForTheToe
10-09-2008, 12:46 PM

You could be right, but I just think the Bills need another year before they dominate. I'm expecting them to hit the wall a later in the year. I'd like nothing more than to see the Pats finish third in that division. However, if you look at the talent/experience level, the Pats should still win that division. I would much rather acknowledge that fact than to be bombarded with: " oh look belicheat is a genius because his team still won their division without Fancy Tom." No, they should win that division even with Cassell and anything less is a failure of the team and the coach.

The_WARDen
10-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Not a hater in the least. I said it was to take the jinx off. I actually think we can beat anybody if we play up to par. Anyone predicting 15-1 at this point of the season puts the jinx on. I hope we kick everybody's butt from here to next week.

Sorry man...I was being sarcastic. It wasn't meant towards you.