PDA

View Full Version : LOL, ESPN's DJ Gallo on Ray Lewis:

Mosca
10-07-2008, 11:17 AM
From his version of "10 things"...

7. Credit where it is due: Ray Lewis is having a strong season. In recent years he looked as if he had lost a step. He was the third guy to jump on a pile and one of the first guys to celebrate. Now, he is usually the second guy on the pile and always the first guy to celebrate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/081006&sportCat=nfl

stlrtruck
10-07-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm so glad I didn't have food or beverage in my mouth when I read that or Mosca, you would need to purchase me a new laptop!!!

rbryan
10-07-2008, 12:25 PM
At least theres one talking head who isn't worried about getting shanked by Dirty Ray Ray.....Everyone else is terrified of him.

Theres no other explanation for why he gets so much credit for doing so little.

fansince'76
10-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Theres no....explanation for why he gets so much credit for doing so little.

Same reason Mucho Stinko gets so much pub for doing jack squat: a big mouth and an even bigger ego. The Disney channel, errr, ESPN, in turn eats it up and comes back for seconds.

Edman
10-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Reggie Bush, Chad Johnson, and Ray Lewis are the most overrated players in the league.

Bush is a glorified Eric Metcalf.

Chad Johnson has a mouth a big as the grand canyon and as runny as broken pipeline. That's why he gets attention despite doing absolutely nothing in quite some time. People will remember him alright, not as a one-shot wide reciever, but a attention wh*** clown.

Ray Lewis openly whined on national TV about getting blocked and said he needs a big guy in front of him to do anything. Now we hear him running his mouth on television about how he hasn't played his best football yet. Pssh.

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 06:31 PM
:rofl: So they DO acknowledge it. Excellent. Give him all the credit in the world..., mocking it afterwards is even more fun than had they not even mentioned "O.Ray."

revefsreleets
10-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Please don't get me started...

stlrtruck
10-07-2008, 09:46 PM

Oh come on Rev, don't hold back now!!!

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 09:50 PM

Oh come on Rev, don't hold back now!!!

I could have sworn I heard Ray Ray say that, "Rev's a punk." I dunno, maybe I misunderstood. Either way, I wouldn't let that go unchecked. :wink02:

Aussie_steeler
10-08-2008, 01:10 AM
C'mon Rev - you can have a stab at this topic.

Phenomenal TJ
10-08-2008, 02:32 AM
In all fairness, Ray Lewis doesn't look like he's lost a step this year. Every linebacker in the league needs a defensive tackle in front of him to be able to roam and make plays, especially in the 3-4 defense.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-08-2008, 09:21 AM
In all fairness, Ray Lewis doesn't look like he's lost a step this year. Every linebacker in the league needs a defensive tackle in front of him to be able to roam and make plays, especially in the 3-4 defense.

But Ray Lewis is the only one that has whined on national television about it.

All the DT's in the world couldn't help Gay-Ray back when we had Dan Kreider pancaking him into the turf on every run play.

Edman
10-08-2008, 11:45 AM

Jack Lambert, LT, and the great linebackers throughout history never whined on national tv about getting blocked. The best of Linebackers are able to shed blocks and still make tackles. Ray has shown that he can't. He jumps on piles and dances even when his team is down 20.

The best thing the Knife is good for nowadays is pumping up his teammates and dancing.

Now, if you told me this in 2002-2003, I'd be inclined to agree that Ray is one of the best. But he isn't anymore.

SteelersMongol
10-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Reggie Bush, Chad Johnson, and Ray Lewis are the most overrated players in the league...

But Bush is 1 tough cookie.

I could have sworn I heard Ray Ray say that, "Rev's a punk." I dunno, maybe I misunderstood. Either way, I wouldn't let that go unchecked. :wink02:

:chuckle:

hizmi
10-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Ray definitely has a habit of jumping on the pile and taking all the credit for the tackle, but I have to admit he's been playing very well this year.

HometownGal
10-08-2008, 10:12 PM
The sports media know better than to dare say anything negative about Ray "Freddie Krueger" Lewis. They don't want to be julienned.

Ray Ray is still a good LB but I think his defensive comrades make him look better than he actually is at this point in his career.

Preacher
10-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Reggie Bush, Chad Johnson, and Ray Lewis are the most overrated players in the league.

Really?

I haven't heard anything about Reggie Bush, except how he expected more of himself. Not sure how that can be overrated.

CJ is overrated.. I agree.

Lewis, well, sometimes I think our black and gold glasses get in the way just a bit... kinda how the Browns fans this offseason were claiming DA was better than Ben.

Mosca
10-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Honestly, I think most fans and pundits see Bush as something less than his value as a high pick. I would consider last Monday night's game his first really stellar performance in the league, and it didn't even affect the outcome.

Rhee Rhee
10-10-2008, 01:53 AM
Ray Ray is still a good LB but I think his defensive comrades make him look better than he actually is at this point in his career.

i completely agree... while they are all complete a-holes bart scott, terrel suggs and ed reed would make anyone look good.

hizmi
10-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Just saw this on youtube...gets me every time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZDzOGFXts

:rofl: