PDA

View Full Version : Houshmandzadeh subject of trade rumors

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 06:32 PM
The NFL trading deadline is 4 p.m. Oct. 14 and trade rumors are starting to run rampant throughout the league and the Cincinnati Bengals appear to be headliners.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/shared-blogs/dayton/big_c_nfl_blitz/upload/2008/10/houshmandzadeh_subject_of_trad/T.J.%20Houshmandzadeh.jpg

Rumor has it that the San Francisco 49ers could have interest in acquiring Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

According to a league source, Houshmandzadeh’s name has come up quite frequently during conversation at Niners headquarters in recent weeks. Apparently, 49ers offensive coordinator Mike Martz is enamored with Houshmandzadeh and may have learned some positive things about the receiver from a member of the Zampese family who Martz remains close to.

The 49ers are looking to upgrade the receiver position opposite veteran Isaac Bruce and are expected to do so by the trading deadline. The acquisition of Houshmandzadeh would provide the team with more firepower in the passing game.

According to the source, the Niners organization is also expected to make contact with the Detroit Lions regarding the availability of receiver Roy Williams, who has been the subject of trade talk for months.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/big_c_nfl_blitz/entries/2008/10/07/houshmandzadeh_subject_of_trad.html

After all Chads BS in the off season, if they trade T.J. I think I will die from laughter!!!! :rofl:

CantStop85
10-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Considering the fact that this will be his last season as a Bengal and the fact that we're currently 0-5, I can't really say anything against it.

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 06:50 PM
If I were the Bengals GM, T.J. would stay and Chad would be traded to the highest bidder.

ShutDown24
10-07-2008, 06:59 PM
T.J. is just about the only player on the Bengals roster I am slightly frightened of at this point. I hope he does go to the 49ers.

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 07:00 PM
T.J. is just about the only player on the Bengals roster I am slightly frightened of at this point. I hope he does go to the 49ers.

Anthony Smith isn't afraid of him. :chuckle:

Edman
10-07-2008, 07:11 PM
They'll let their most consistent reciever go, but let Gold Teef stay.

Party on, Bengals.

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 07:14 PM
They'll let their most consistent reciever go, but let Gold Teef stay.

Party on, Bengals.

You must be referring to Chad "Cero Scoro."

revefsreleets
10-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I think TJ has already stopped playing George to Chad's Lenny (Of Mice and Men), and you can see the results (or lack thereof) in the stats on on the field from the gold toofed one.

Hard to say what will happen to him in SF? He comes out of the closet? Who knows. He's the only Bengals WR worth a bucket of warm piss at this point, and he'd be wise to jump that sinking ship ASAP.

Steelman16
10-07-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't have much love for any player in that organization, but it'd be probably be the best thing TJ could do for his career. If he does go to San Fran, he's just one less nuisance we have to face. :chuckle:

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 08:47 PM
The funny thing is, San Fran should be looking for defenders, not WR's.

cubanstogie
10-07-2008, 08:49 PM

or a QB. I don't think O'Sullivan or Alex Smith is the answer.

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 08:54 PM
or a QB. I don't think O'Sullivan or Alex Smith is the answer.

I've been pretty impressed with O'Sullivan actually. He reminds me of Jeff Garcia. Granted, he's not a HOF, but this arguement will always comeback to Trent Dilfer and the fact that "defense wins championships."

MasterOfPuppets
10-07-2008, 08:59 PM
best thing for the bungles.....
1 cut everybody on the roster
2 brown sell the team
3 move the team to another city

RoethlisBURGHer
10-07-2008, 09:26 PM
best thing for the bungles.....
1 cut everybody on the roster
2 brown sell the team
3 move the team to another city

They could become the Los Angeles Inmates!

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 09:28 PM

:rofl:

I can see it now - Pregame, the team comes running out to the tune of.............

"Jaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiil Break" (AC/DC). :laughing:

STEELtownHAVOX
10-07-2008, 10:20 PM
tj is a bundle of sticks, i hate watching that guy play. he looks like a tool out there.

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 10:23 PM
tj is a bundle of sticks, i hate watching that guy play. he looks like a tool out there.

Damn.

lilyoder6
10-07-2008, 10:35 PM
i think that t,j has played his last season at cincy.. so the smart move by the bengals is that they alrdy know they will not make the playoffs.. so y not try and get something b4 he leaves after the season... the only way t.j re-signs with cincy is if he is crazy

Galax Steeler
10-08-2008, 05:02 AM

They want to be like Detroit.:sofunny:

steelwall
10-08-2008, 06:26 AM

Yah too bad Baltimore allready has a team or they could become the Baltimore Jail Birds.

Tankus_Maximus
10-08-2008, 09:35 AM

Oh hell no!!!!!!