PDA

View Full Version : Republican attack strategy empowering the crazies?

Mosca
10-08-2008, 08:44 AM
I haven't read any of this officially. I heard it on a local opinion show on the radio on the way to work today, and I'm asking if anyone else has heard this.

The commentator said that at some of the Palin rallies, when Palin mentioned Obama the crowd was shouting things like "KILL THE TERRORIST!"; and that when she criticized the "media elite", that the crowd started yelling at the press and photographers, and that someone yelled, "GET DOWN, BOY!" to a black photographer who had stood up to take pictures.

The commentator said that this was partly the reason that McCain's camp is turning down the attack strategy; that there are some among his supporters who are perhaps not rational.

On the one hand, it seems incredulous; on the other, you never know where the crazies might gravitate, and what they might do.

EDITED TO ADD: The only part of this that I know is TRUE is that I heard it on the radio. I have no idea whether the crowds were actually threatening to turn into mobs.

revefsreleets
10-08-2008, 08:45 AM
No crazies on the left?

Godfather
10-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Probably not true because we all know the MSM would be making a huge deal of it!

Mosca
10-08-2008, 08:50 AM
No crazies on the left?

I'm only saying that I heard this on the radio. OUR crazies burn SUVs and chain themselves to trees and attack at the G9 Summit, at least lately.

Vis
10-08-2008, 08:55 AM
They don't have any shame. And the bs works. Look at how many sheep believe the Obama is a muslim crap. Or that they hate America.

revefsreleets
10-08-2008, 08:58 AM
They don't have any shame. And the bs works. Look at how many sheep believe the Obama is a muslim crap. Or that they hate America.

Yup...no sheeples on the left, ONLY on the right.

This shit is getting ridiculous...

Mosca
10-08-2008, 09:02 AM
I deplore extremism of any kind. I've seen how mobs can get. I've seen idiot protesters at anti-war rallies. All mob violence does is undermines the cause which it is trying to promote; mob violence is all fury and no purpose. Mob violence is like setting off an ammunition dump; it was a great explosion, but it killed everyone.

"They"... I hope you don't mean conservatives. These people, if the story is true, are not conservatives. They are nut jobs at conservative rallies. They are the kind of people who might fantasize Palin as their Aryan bride. They are Travis Bickles.

Vis
10-08-2008, 09:12 AM

Was that a defense? How do you feel about those on the right that buy the BS I identified? I'll tell you how I feel about lefty stuff you identify.

Mosca
10-08-2008, 09:13 AM
From Monday's Washington Post... sounds like someone is going to get a visit from the Secret Service.

It was time to revive the allegation, made over the weekend, that Obama "pals around" with terrorists, in this case Bill Ayers, late of the Weather Underground. Many independent observers say Palin's allegations are a stretch; Obama served on a Chicago charitable board with Ayers, now an education professor, and has condemned his past activities.

"Now it turns out, one of his earliest supporters is a man named Bill Ayers," Palin said.

"Boooo!" said the crowd.

"And, according to the New York Times, he was a domestic terrorist and part of a group that, quote, 'launched a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and our U.S. Capitol,'" she continued.

"Boooo!" the crowd repeated.

"Kill him!" proposed one man in the audience.

Mosca
10-08-2008, 09:14 AM
And,

Worse, Palin's routine attacks on the media have begun to spill into ugliness. In Clearwater, arriving reporters were greeted with shouts and taunts by the crowd of about 3,000. Palin then went on to blame Katie Couric's questions for her "less-than-successful interview with kinda mainstream media." At that, Palin supporters turned on reporters in the press area, waving thunder sticks and shouting abuse. Others hurled obscenities at a camera crew. One Palin supporter shouted a racial epithet at an African American sound man for a network and told him, "Sit down, boy."

Vis
10-08-2008, 09:16 AM
I wonder why those types of people like Palin. Theories?

revefsreleets
10-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Was that a defense? How do you feel about those on the right that buy the BS I identified? I'll tell you how I feel about lefty stuff you identify.

Are you ACTUALLY suggesting that ONLY right wing conservatives are crazy? That ONLY people who are right of center are gullible?

I have to ask these questions seriously of you, because I really think you actually believe some of the crazy shit you type (which is quite ironic given the subject matter).

I don't defend the extremists on either end of the political spectrum, but I do recognize and realize that they exist. On BOTH poles. The nutjobs tend to cancel each other out, so there's not much point in highlighting the activities of the wackos on either end of the spectrum. Attention and free pub is what they most crave anyway...

Vis
10-08-2008, 09:18 AM
It is a risky strategy because, sure, if one of the aroused crazies shoots and kills Obama, McCain wins, but if he misses, Obama would be unstoppable.

Leftoverhard
10-08-2008, 09:20 AM

Rev, please point out your "sheeples" on the left and then contrast and compare them with your right wing loonies. Much different breed of crazy.

lamberts-lost-tooth
I haven't read any of this officially. I

......... The only part of this that I know is TRUE is that I heard it on the radio. I have no idea whether the crowds were actually threatening to turn into mobs.

Then its a good thing you brought it up.:doh:

Vis
Are you ACTUALLY suggesting that ONLY right wing conservatives are crazy? That ONLY people who are right of center are gullible?

I have to ask these questions seriously of you, because I really think you actually believe some of the crazy shit you type (which is quite ironic given the subject matter).

I don't defend the extremists on either end of the political spectrum, but I do recognize and realize that they exist. On BOTH poles. The nutjobs tend to cancel each other out, so there's not much point in highlighting the activities of the wackos on either end of the spectrum. Attention and free pub is what they most crave anyway...

So does that mean you think those who think Obama is Muslim are crazies?

There may be crazies on both sides but this is a thread about yours so join the thread.

X-Terminator
10-08-2008, 09:24 AM
There are PLENTY of nutjobs on the right, so it should surprise no one that these extremist idiots show up at a Palin rally. The scary part is that these people actually have the right to vote. (Do NOT interpret that as wanting to deny them that right - morally bankrupt people such as they are entitled to that right as Americans)

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Rev, please point out your "sheeples" on the left and then contrast and compare them with your right wing loonies. Much different breed of crazy.

"My crazies are better then your crazies"....may be the most immature argument I've heard for awhile.

revefsreleets
10-08-2008, 09:26 AM

Do you REALLY think that? Look at all the terrorists from the 60's who bombed buildings in the name of peace? How about environmental extremists? The Baltimore Sun reported that 22 of the 25 terrorist events in the US between 2003-2005 were committed by environmental extremists.

I mean, you guys seem reasonably intelligent, and I'm just astounded how BLINDED by your political beliefs you can be. To think that ONLY right wing extremists can commit acts of violence is remarkably myopic.

Mosca
10-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Then its a good thing you brought it up.:doh:

Read the two quotes I found after searching, and get back to me.

Vis
10-08-2008, 09:28 AM
"My crazies are better then your crazies"....may be the most immature argument I've heard for awhile.

I dated a leftwing crazie for a while and, brother, you can have your western thought. She performed the kind of gymnastics that would have won gold at the Olympics

Mosca
10-08-2008, 09:29 AM

I have to side with rev on this one. There ain't no difference. Left crazy is just as scary and dangerous as right crazy. If anything, left crazies are a lot higher profile; right crazies blend into the population better. I think part of what makes this newsworthy is that you don't see it very often.

X-Terminator
10-08-2008, 09:30 AM

Let's see...

Left-wing nutjobs spike trees with explosives, spit on soldiers, threaten and encourage violent protests, vandalism, etc.

Right-wing nutjobs threaten violence, hurl racial epithets, bomb abortion clinics, threaten and encourage violent protests, vandalism, etc.

So you tell me where the difference is.

Vis
10-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Let's see...

Left-wing nutjobs spike trees with explosives, spit on soldiers, threaten and encourage violent protests, vandalism, etc.

Right-wing nutjobs threaten violence, hurl racial epithets, bomb abortion clinics, threaten and encourage violent protests, vandalism, etc.

So you tell me where the difference is.

The difference is this thread is about inciting the rightwing ones in this election.

revefsreleets
10-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Side? There is no "side".

There are crazies on the far left.

There are crazies on the far right.

Their actions are all about equally as despicable, they just commit them out of a different set of misguided extreme beliefs.

X-Terminator
10-08-2008, 09:32 AM
The difference is this thread is about inciting the rightwing ones in this election.

Yes, and I addressed that. Obviously you missed it.

Mosca
10-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Side? There is no "side".

There are crazies on the far left.

There are crazies on the far right.

Their actions are all about equally as despicable, they just commit them out of a different set of misguided extreme beliefs.

"Side" in my post is verb, = "agree".

Atlanta Dan
10-08-2008, 02:52 PM

It's the joy of feeding off a mob mentality - you can get the same vibe at a Dem rally or for that matter a Steeler game (ask Kordell Stewart how that can work) - folks will say stuff in a crowd (or while anonymously posting) that they would never dream of doing if they could be singled out or were facing the subject of their ire face to face.

The problem is when someone brooding on this at home in the dark goes over the edge into Travis Bickle/Taxi Driver mode and decides to become the star of their own movie - it is some loser who feeds off an edgy message that he decides is "just for him" that can go off on their own excellent adventure and cause real harm.

Preacher
10-08-2008, 03:16 PM
I am reminded of a late-night show that had a picture of George Bush and a joke about an assassination target... or a book written about how you would kill the president (George Bush).

This isn't new.

Sadly, as I have said before, as the rhetoric continues to be wratcheded up by both sides and truth continues it course into relativity on the political front, this kind of thing will become more and more common.

I feared for President Bush's life over the last 8 years with the utter vile and hatred that was spewed about him as a person. I fear for the next presidents life in the same way.

At some point, a president WILL be assassinated because of this idiotic rehtoric... yet it is so easy to engage in. Look at the threads on this board and find my screen name in them. It is that easy to get into it...

And as I said, it will only get worse until we have a dead president and everyone takes a breath and asks why?

However, if and (I pray to God not) when that happens, I will lay 10-1 that the result won't be a backing away from the rhetoric, but more finger-pointing and even higher rhetoric.

That is what happens when people seek power... and when people are so damn partisan they think their side are angels and the other demons.

It is time for it to stop...but again, it is so easy to be sucked into it.

millwalldavey
10-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm only saying that I heard this on the radio. OUR crazies burn SUVs and chain themselves to trees and attack at the G9 Summit, at least lately.

And there needs to be more.

GBMelBlount
10-08-2008, 05:31 PM
I dated a leftwing crazie for a while and, brother, you can have your western thought. She performed the kind of gymnastics that would have won gold at the Olympics

Thanks for confirming a few things Vis:

1. You have actually been with a female.
2. The fetal position is not the only one you are intimately familiar with.
3. People who SERIOUSLY discuss their sex life on a board are compensating for something.....

:thumbsup:

Vis
10-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks for confirming a few things Vis:

1. You have actually been with a female.
2. The fetal position is not the only one you are intimately familiar with.
3. People who SERIOUSLY discuss their sex life on a board are compensating for something.....

:thumbsup:

Confirms you're not old enough to recognize the reference.

tony hipchest
10-08-2008, 06:26 PM
so has any video surfaced of palin smirking and winking at the cheering crowd as these vile statements were being made?

cause you know she did.

stay classy "sarah crude-ah" :wink: :wink: :wink:

:cheer:

Mosca
10-08-2008, 06:32 PM

I don't think it's that they like Palin. I think it's more race hatred. It happened in Florida, and one of the comments was "Get down boy", directed at a black cameraman. It's a confluence of those two things; the attack speech of Palin gives them the go-ahead, + the anonymity of the crowd gives them courage.

revefsreleets
10-09-2008, 08:52 AM
so has any video surfaced of palin smirking and winking at the cheering crowd as these vile statements were being made?

cause you know she did.

stay classy "sarah crude-ah" :wink: :wink: :wink:

:cheer:

Really? You're sure she smirked, huh?

You really and truly hate her, don't you?

Leftoverhard
10-09-2008, 09:32 AM
This doesn't surprise me, although I think it's pretty sad. The McCain campaign wants to get it's supporters to start calling Obama "Hussein", they want to take the gloves off and get tough on Obama and this is what they're going to get. And it's not just a few wackos either. It looks like this is going to backfire big time.

BTW - Spikes in trees? Anti-war protesters?
You're comparing these things to racial ephitets? Racial ephitets used to be lynchings. Spikes in trees used to be people standing in front of trees with flowers in their hands. Give me a break.
Crazies on both sides? Sure, I never argued that - but the size in number between the left and right crazies and their danger levels are way different. Protesters are the reason you still have your civil liberties - the majority of those people are not crazies in any way, they're patriots (ina good way, lol).

revefsreleets
10-09-2008, 09:46 AM
This doesn't surprise me, although I think it's pretty sad. The McCain campaign wants to get it's supporters to start calling Obama "Hussein", they want to take the gloves off and get tough on Obama and this is what they're going to get. And it's not just a few wackos either. It looks like this is going to backfire big time.

You're comparing these things to racial ephitets? Racial ephitets used to be lynchings. Spikes in trees used to be people standing in front of trees with flowers in their hands. Give me a break.
Crazies on both sides? Sure, I never argued that - but the size in number between the left and right crazies and their danger levels are way different. Protesters are the reason you still have your civil liberties - the majority of those people are not crazies in any way, they're patriots (ina good way, lol).

Statistical data backing up that statement that the right wing terrorists are more plentiful and more dangerous?

I gave one piece of data: That 22 of 25 terrorist incidents on US soil between 2003 and 2005 were from LEFT wing terrorists. Got anything besides idle speculation and your own personal bias to refute that or back up your claim?

Leftoverhard
10-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I gave one piece of data: That 22 of 25 terrorist incidents on US soil between 2003 and 2005 were from LEFT wing terrorists.

Who? Who is left-wing? Who is right wing? I'm not an expert but I found some good info on it. http://www.libraryindex.com/pages/1922/Domestic-Terrorism-MOTIVATIONS-TRENDS.html
It's an easy read.

Go to the FBI page on this subject. http://www.fbi.gov/publications/terror/terrorism2002_2005.htm
Lots of ALF and ELF stuff on there, if you don't want to read the whole thing you can scroll to the bottom where they list all of it for about 28 years and the number of people killed and injured.
It's all terrorism but it's surely different when people are killed or injured. The animal/earth groups didn't kill or injure one person. If you want to consider them left-wing go ahead but they're more of a special interest or single-issue group.

You asked for this stuff, I got it for you. Let's get back to the main topic.
My point is that there's a difference between the craziness of this mob-mentality racism that's brewing at The McCain/Palin rallies and the craziness of war protesters or animal rights groups. The difference is hate, ignorance and intolerance. That's it.

revefsreleets
10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
And the left-wingers (and I see a TON of them on that list) kill and terrorize for the exact same reasons that the right wingers do. I can't help that between 02-05 the right wing groups were quiet and the left wing groups weren't. Are you dispaointed that the right wingers didn't kill more people during that time? Because going back to 80 they sure have a TON of blood on their hands.

Really, what is the purpose of arguing that there is some kind of difference? You backed yourself into a corner you can't get out of, just admit the ONLY difference between a left-wing hate-mongering terrorist and a right-wing hate-mongering terrorist are their political differences so we can kill this ridiculous thread.

Leftoverhard
10-09-2008, 11:25 AM
And the left-wingers (and I see a TON of them on that list) kill and terrorize for the exact same reasons that the right wingers do. I can't help that between 02-05 the right wing groups were quiet and the left wing groups weren't. Are you dispaointed that the right wingers didn't kill more people during that time? Because going back to 80 they sure have a TON of blood on their hands.

Really, what is the purpose of arguing that there is some kind of difference? You backed yourself into a corner you can't get out of, just admit the ONLY difference between a left-wing hate-mongering terrorist and a right-wing hate-mongering terrorist are their political differences so we can kill this ridiculous thread.

Rev - did you bother to even read my post? Ugh.:thud:

revefsreleets
10-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Rev - did you bother to even read my post? Ugh.:thud:

YES I DID!

You are saying that right wing hate is worse than left wing hate. Kool Aid.

Leftoverhard
10-09-2008, 01:10 PM
YES I DID!

You are saying that right wing hate is worse than left wing hate. Kool Aid.

Remove is worse than and replace it with is more vicious, violent and dangerous than and you've got it. That's exactly what I meant.

Let's get back to this topic, which is crazies empowering McCain's campaign. I think it's exposing them.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjxzmaXAg9E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjxzmaXAg9E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Vis
10-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Impressive group. They make the GOP proud.

tony hipchest
10-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Inflammatory Republican rallies raise concerns

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081009/ts_alt_afp/usvotecrowds_081009171613;_ylt=Al2_zICjWGiardV6IPG BpBdh24cA

WAUKESHA, Wisconsin (AFP) - Shouts of "terrorist" and even accusations of "treason" aimed at Barack Obama have echoed around Republican rallies, whipped up into alarming, hate-filled frenzies against the Democratic White House hopeful.

Republican presidential nominee John McCain has taken to asking, "Who is the real Barack Obama?" at rallies this week, leading one supporter in Pennsylvania, a blue-collar battleground state to shout back, "he is a bomb."

Before the rally, local Republican leader Bill Platt warmed up the crowd by several times referring to "Barack Hussein Obama," focusing on the Illinois senator's middle name and trying to highlight his differences with other Americans.

Chants of "Nobama, Nobama" mingled with cries of "terrorist," as one banner in the crowd declared: "Go ahead, let the dogs out."

The stream of vicious attacks against Obama, who has left McCain trailing in the polls, were ramped at the weekend by Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin who accused the Chicago senator of "palling around with terrorists."

Democratic vice presidential pick, Joseph Biden, has slammed the tone, telling ABC: "This is volatile stuff and ... I just thought we were kind of beyond this place."

If Palin heard hate-filled shouts from the crowds, she should be "at least saying 'whoa, whoa, whoa that's overboard," Biden said Wednesday.

And in an email to supporters Biden said Thursday: "I've heard some pretty unspeakable things in the past few days -- deeply offensive smears that we'll hear over and over again until election day.

"Instead of focusing on the issues that really matter, our opponents are doing everything they can to encourage this toxic atmosphere."

:applaudit: way to go GOP. bravo! :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
10-09-2008, 02:28 PM

You obviously read, but did not comprehend what I posted. I said the LEFT WING CRAZIES spike trees with explosives and spit on soldiers. Not the average Joe Schmoe protester or environmentalist. You may want to paint the GOP with a broad brush, but I will not do that. The right wing whackos deserve just as much condemnation as the ones on the left.

And I can't believe you're actually saying there's a difference between the motivation of the left wing nuts and the right wing nuts. They both act with hatred, malice and intolerance. In other words, there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE.

Edman
10-09-2008, 02:29 PM
This is our war veteran hero uniting the country. People want this hatemongering clown as president?

tony hipchest
10-09-2008, 02:33 PM
and on the flipside we have this-

'Rednecks for Obama' want to bridge yawning culture gap

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081009/pl_afp/usvoteobamarednecks;_ylt=Aofq.auWAtm_F9T2o4.yI3Cs0 NUE

SAINT LOUIS, Missouri (AFP) - When Barack Obama's campaign bus made a swing through Missouri in July, the unlikeliest of supporters were waiting for him -- or rather two of them, holding the banner: "Rednecks for Obama."

In backing the first African-American nominee of a major party for the US presidency, the pair are on a grassroots mission to bridge a cultural gap in the United States and help usher their preferred candidate into the White House.

Tony Viessman, 74, and Les Spencer, 60, got politically active last year when it occurred to them there must be other lower income, rural, beer-drinking, gun-loving, NASCAR race enthusiasts fed up with business as usual in Washington.

Viessman had a red, white and blue "Rednecks for Obama" banner made, and began causing a stir in Missouri, which has emerged as a key battleground in the run-up to the November 4 presidential election.

"I didn't expect it would get as much steam and attention as it's gotten," Spencer told AFP on the campus of Washington University in Saint Louis, the state's biggest city and site of last week's vice-presidential debate.

"We believe in him. He's the best person for the job," Viessman, a former state trooper from Rolla, said of Obama, who met the pair briefly on that July day in Union, Missouri.

The candidate bounded off his bus and jogged back towards a roadside crowd to shake hands with the men holding the banner.

"He said 'This is incredible'," Spencer recalled.

It's been an unexpectedly gratifying run, Viessman said.

Rednecks4obama.com claims more than 800,000 online visits. In Denver, Colorado, Viessman and Spencer drew crowds at the Democratic convention, and at Washington University last Thursday they were two of the most popular senior citizens on campus.
the rest of the article is pretty good too...

nice to see atleast 1 party not running a vile and disgusting campaign.
mccain deserves better than this.

X-Terminator
10-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Oh, I might also add that none of that stuff surprises me, especially in the South. This country simply is not ready for a black President, not when we still have millions of people who think it's 1830.

Preacher
10-09-2008, 02:43 PM
and on the flipside we have this-

'Rednecks for Obama' want to bridge yawning culture gap

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081009/pl_afp/usvoteobamarednecks;_ylt=Aofq.auWAtm_F9T2o4.yI3Cs0 NUE

the rest of the article is pretty good too...

nice to see atleast 1 party not running a vile and disgusting campaign.
mccain deserves better than this.

Really...

I thought what the DNC and their sycophants did the Palin was just as vile and disgusting.

Just because it doesn't attack the color of ones skin doesn't make it less worse. If it degrades a person it is vile and disgusting, and both parties have done it this election, and every election.

Are you really too blind to see that? Do you really hate Palin that much? If so, then there is no difference between you and those shouting racial slurs. Hate is hate. Period.

tony hipchest
10-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Really...

I thought what the DNC and their sycophants did the Palin was just as vile and disgusting.

Just because it doesn't attack the color of ones skin doesn't make it less worse. If it degrades a person it is vile and disgusting, and both parties have done it this election, and every election.

Are you really too blind to see that? Do you really hate Palin that much? If so, then there is no difference between you and those shouting racial slurs. Hate is hate. Period.

:shake01: is revs pulling your strings? :chuckle: :coffee:

what exactly has biden or obama done to palin? other than call off the dogs? was it not palin who announced its time to take off the gloves? that sure has worked well, hasnt it. it now looks like theyre on a sinking ship and putting on lead life vests.

its a shame. mccain was in the navy. he should be the captain. i dont think he fell asleep at the helm, he just handed over the wheel.

Preacher
10-09-2008, 03:08 PM
:shake01: is revs pulling your strings? :chuckle: :coffee:

what exactly has biden or obama done to palin? other than call off the dogs? was it not palin who announced its time to take off the gloves? that sure has worked well, hasnt it. it now looks like theyre on a sinking ship and putting on lead life vests.

its a shame. mccain was in the navy. he should be the captain. i dont think he fell asleep at the helm, he just handed over the wheel.

So if they called off the dogs, then you admit that they were in control... or that they violated election laws, since campaigns are to have no contact with groups like Moveon.org or Swiftboatvets...

Hmmm.

Thanks for clearing that one up! :chuckle:

Tony, I think your real problem is that you find yourself too attracted to a type of woman you have conditioned yourself to dislike! :wink02:

Leftoverhard
10-09-2008, 03:10 PM
From Hipchests article "If Palin heard hate-filled shouts from the crowds, she should be "at least saying 'whoa, whoa, whoa that's overboard," Biden said Wednesday.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Can you image continuing your speech while people in the crowd (your supporters) are yelling out vitriol like that? Would it be too much to ask her to have a reaction?
If she would have stopped her speech and made a statement about how unacceptable that is, she would have gotten my respect not to mention how it would have made her and McCain look to undecided voters. Huge FAIL.

Preacher
10-09-2008, 03:12 PM
From Hipchests article "If Palin heard hate-filled shouts from the crowds, she should be "at least saying 'whoa, whoa, whoa that's overboard," Biden said Wednesday.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Can you image continuing your speech while people in the crowd (your supporters) are yelling out vitriol like that? Would it be too much to ask her to have a reaction?
If she would have stopped her speech and made a statement about how unacceptable that is, she would have gotten my respect not to mention how it would have made her and McCain look to undecided voters. Huge FAIL.

Have you ever been infront of a large crowd like that? I have, though not that huge. When people start answering back, often times, all you hear is SDOJDOFSOD!!! I think that is a Red Herring to demand her to have heard what was said, and then respond.

If it was said from the microphone, that is something else.

Leftoverhard
10-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I have been in front of a large crowd - sometimes it's difficult to make out what individuals are saying - although if it's being chanted that's another story...still, good point, although since it's been happening at more and more of her rallies, I think she would hear or even be able to anticipate some of this.
But it's possible she may not have heard it at the time. I'm sure she's aware of it now though. I wonder what McCain/Palin's response is to this - have they addressed it yet?

revefsreleets
10-09-2008, 04:25 PM
This has devolved into a witch hunt...This has become like the old "Bush is pure evil" garbage.

tony hipchest
10-09-2008, 04:46 PM
I wonder what McCain/Palin's response is to this - have they addressed it yet?oh yeah. theyve cranked it up a notch. :shake01:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081009/ap_on_el_pr/mccain;_ylt=AkMNq7ZmXpFLKvFeLovrCvatOrgF

WAUKESHA, Wis. - Republican presidential candidate John McCain said Thursday that questions about Democratic rival Barack Obama's association with a former war protester linked to Vietnam-era bombings are part of a broader issue of honesty.

In his strongest personal criticism since his faltering campaign began casting Obama as an unknown and unacceptable candidate, McCain told supporters that Obama had not been truthful in describing his relationship with former radical William Ayers. The Arizona senator also said Obama himself has "a clear radical, far-left pro-abortion record."

Loud cheers from 4,000 people gathered at a sports complex near Milwaukee greeted McCain's attacks over Ayers, who helped found the Weather Underground, a Vietnam protest group that bombed government buildings 40 years ago. Obama has pointed out that he was a child at the time and first met Ayers and his wife, ex-radical Bernadine Dohrn, a quarter-century later.

"Look, we don't care about an old, washed-up terrorist and his wife," :noidea: McCain said. "That's not the point here."

"He's a terrorist!" a man in the audience screamed without making clear to whom he was referring.

"We need to know the full extent of the relationship," McCain replied. Later, McCain told ABC News: "It's a factor about Sen. Obama's candor and truthfulness with the American people."

Preacher
10-09-2008, 06:27 PM
oh yeah. theyve cranked it up a notch. :shake01:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081009/ap_on_el_pr/mccain;_ylt=AkMNq7ZmXpFLKvFeLovrCvatOrgF

Well

I have no problem with calling Obama a radical, an unknown and unacceptable candidate.

When you vote present 150 times... about the same amount of days you actually spend at your job, you remain unknown and thus, unacceptable.

Mosca
10-09-2008, 07:19 PM
The current theory is that McCain is so angry at the fact that he is going to lose the election, that he is trying to generate as much hatred as he possibly can, to make it impossible for Obama to govern.

Mosca
10-09-2008, 07:23 PM
This has devolved into a witch hunt...This has become like the old "Bush is pure evil" garbage.

No, it hasn't. Mccain and Palin are both aware of it, but have done nothing to address it; it seems that they are happy about it.

From Joe Klein,

But seriously, folks, I'm beginning to worry about the level of craziness on the Republican side, the over-the-top, stampede-the-crowd statements by everyone from McCain on down, the vehemence of the crowds that McCain and Palin are drawing with people shouting "Kill him" and "He's a terrorist" and "Off with his head."

Watch the tape of the guy screaming, "He's a terrorist!" McCain seems to shudder at that, he rolls his eyes... and I thought for a moment he'd admonish the man. But he didn't. And now he's selling the Ayres non-story full-time. Yes, yes, it's all he has. True enough: he no longer has his honor. But we are on the edge of some real serious craziness here and it would be nice if McCain did the right thing and told his more bloodthirsty supporters to go home and take a cold shower. But McCain hasn't done the right thing all year. His campaign is appalling, as the New York Times editorial board said today--and more, it is a national disgrace.

Mosca
10-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Well

I have no problem with calling Obama a radical, an unknown and unacceptable candidate.

It appears McCain has his own association with a "radical".. this one was convicted, though...

How close are McCain and [G Gordon] Liddy? At least as close as Obama and Ayers appear to be. In 1998, Liddy's home was the site of a McCain fundraiser. Over the years, he has made at least four contributions totaling $5,000 to the senator's campaigns--including $1,000 this year.

Last November, McCain went on his radio show. Liddy greeted him as "an old friend," and McCain sounded like one. "I'm proud of you, I'm proud of your family," he gushed. "It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."

For those who are unaware, Liddy helped plan the Watergate break-in that would cost Nixon his presidency and landed Liddy a four-year jail sentence.

But Liddy's career of inflammatory statements and actions exceed his Watergate actions.

Liddy, on Vitenam:

"I wanted to bomb the Red River dykes [sic]. It would have drowned half the country and starved the other half. There would have been no way the Viet Cong could have operated if we had the will-power to do that."

Liddy, advising Branch Davidians how to defend themselves from ATF agents during a radio show:

"If the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms insists upon a firefight, give them a firefight. Just remember, they're wearing flak jackets and you're better off shooting for the head."

Liddy, on the impact Adolf Hitler had on him as a child:

When he listened to Hitler on the radio, it "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before," he explains. "Hitler's sheer animal confidence and power of will [entranced me]. He sent an electric current through my body."

Oooooookay... Proud of a man who engineered a burglary designed to usurp the Democracy? Why; because it was in service to the Republican Party? Why do G Gordon Liddy's "principles and philosophies... keep our nation great."?

As I said in a different thread; Republicans don't love democracy; they hate it. Anything that is not Republican is evil, in their eyes, and because it is evil there is nothing wrong with inciting crowds to kill it. That one. Over there.

Atlanta Dan
10-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Some conservatives (this is a link to National Review Online, not exactly a lefty clubhouse) are getting antsy about where this is heading. This from David Frum (former W speechwriter)

Let me say at the outset:
Iíll be voting for John McCain on November 4...

Iíll do all this because Iíll be voting as much against Barack Obama Ė the most liberal Democratic presidential nominee since Walter Mondale Ė as for John McCain.

Bona fides established? OK, now for the sermon.

American voters are staggering under the worst financial crisis since at least 1982. Asset values are tumbling, consumer spending is contracting, and a recession is visibly on the way. This crisis follows upon seven years in which middle-class incomes have stagnated and Republican economic management has been badly tarnished. Anybody who imagines that an election can be won under these circumstances by banging on about William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright is Ö to put it mildly Ö severely under-estimating the electoral importance of pocketbook issues.

We conservatives are sending a powerful, inadvertent message with this negative campaign against Barack Obama's associations and former associations: that we lack a positive agenda of our own and that we donít care about the economic issues that are worrying American voters.

Republicans used negative campaigning successfully against Michael Dukakis and John Kerry, itís true. But 1988 and 2004 were both years of economic expansion, pro-incumbent years. 2008 is like 1992, only worse. If we couldnít beat Clinton in 1992 by pointing to his own personal draft-dodging and his own personal womanizing, how do we expect to defeat Obama in a much more anti-incumbent year by attacking the misconduct of people with whom he once kept company (but doesnít any more)?

Hereís another thing to keep in mind:

Those who press this Ayers line of attack are whipping Republicans and conservatives into a fury that is going to be very hard to calm after November. Is it really wise to send conservatives into opposition in a mood of disdain and fury for a man who may well be the next president of the United States, incidentally the first African-American president? Anger is a very bad political adviser. It can isolate us and push us to the extremes at exactly the moment when we ought to be rebuilding, rethinking, regrouping and recruiting.

Iím not suggesting that we remit our opposition to a hypothetical President Obama. Only that an outgunned party will need to stay cool. A big part of Obamaís appeal is his self-command. Itís a genuinely impressive quality. Letís emulate it. Weíll be needing it.
http://frum.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NmE5Njk3NDBlZGZhYWU4YTMyMGFkNjYyNjJmNzYwNTg=

Preacher
10-09-2008, 08:02 PM
It appears McCain has his own association with a "radical".. this one was convicted, though...

Oooooookay... Proud of a man who engineered a burglary designed to usurp the Democracy? Why; because it was in service to the Republican Party? Why do G Gordon Liddy's "principles and philosophies... keep our nation great."?

As I said in a different thread; Republicans don't love democracy; they hate it. Anything that is not Republican is evil, in their eyes, and because it is evil there is nothing wrong with inciting crowds to kill it. That one. Over there.

You mean like mayor Daly that delivered the elections to JFK when Nixon really won it? Yeah, it is only the right that hates democracy.

Vote early, vote often, even the dead vote is Chicago democrats at their finest. And now we have a Chicago democrat running for the presidency. Those connections can be found anywhere, and Liddy and Daly are about equal.

However, what is not equal, is a DOMESTIC TERRORIST and Obama. It would be the same as if McCain saddled up with Terry Nichols for a while.

Sorry, this is no moral equivelence between Liddy and domestic terrorism.

Preacher
10-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Some conservatives (this is a link to National Review Online, not exactly a lefty clubhouse) are getting antsy about where this is heading. This from David Frum (former W speechwriter)

Let me say at the outset:
Iíll be voting for John McCain on November 4...

Iíll do all this because Iíll be voting as much against Barack Obama Ė the most liberal Democratic presidential nominee since Walter Mondale Ė as for John McCain.

Bona fides established? OK, now for the sermon.

American voters are staggering under the worst financial crisis since at least 1982. Asset values are tumbling, consumer spending is contracting, and a recession is visibly on the way. This crisis follows upon seven years in which middle-class incomes have stagnated and Republican economic management has been badly tarnished. Anybody who imagines that an election can be won under these circumstances by banging on about William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright is Ö to put it mildly Ö severely under-estimating the electoral importance of pocketbook issues.

We conservatives are sending a powerful, inadvertent message with this negative campaign against Barack Obama's associations and former associations: that we lack a positive agenda of our own and that we donít care about the economic issues that are worrying American voters.

Republicans used negative campaigning successfully against Michael Dukakis and John Kerry, itís true. But 1988 and 2004 were both years of economic expansion, pro-incumbent years. 2008 is like 1992, only worse. If we couldnít beat Clinton in 1992 by pointing to his own personal draft-dodging and his own personal womanizing, how do we expect to defeat Obama in a much more anti-incumbent year by attacking the misconduct of people with whom he once kept company (but doesnít any more)?

Hereís another thing to keep in mind:

Those who press this Ayers line of attack are whipping Republicans and conservatives into a fury that is going to be very hard to calm after November. Is it really wise to send conservatives into opposition in a mood of disdain and fury for a man who may well be the next president of the United States, incidentally the first African-American president? Anger is a very bad political adviser. It can isolate us and push us to the extremes at exactly the moment when we ought to be rebuilding, rethinking, regrouping and recruiting.

Iím not suggesting that we remit our opposition to a hypothetical President Obama. Only that an outgunned party will need to stay cool. A big part of Obamaís appeal is his self-command. Itís a genuinely impressive quality. Letís emulate it. Weíll be needing it.
http://frum.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NmE5Njk3NDBlZGZhYWU4YTMyMGFkNjYyNjJmNzYwNTg=

What seems so funny about that bolded text, is that all you have to do is change the words to "second president to be a son" ., Ayers to Rove, and Conservative to liberal, and you have the democrats for the last 6 years.

Now someone, please.... tell me why what is good for the goose, is not good for the gander.

Atlanta Dan
10-09-2008, 08:24 PM
What seems so funny about that bolded text, is that all you have to do is change the words to "second president to be a son" ., Ayers to Rove, and Conservative to liberal, and you have the democrats for the last 6 years.

Now someone, please.... tell me why what is good for the goose, is not good for the gander.

Why don't you e-mail Frum and ask him? - I am just quoting him:chuckle:

FWIW you were suggesting earlier this afternoon that Obama should dial back his focus on the economy this campaign to avoid adverse consequences arising from that focus in future campaigns. If it is smart politics for the winning goose to consider the long term consequences of a particular campaign strategy for its impact in future campaigns, isn't it equally arguable that the losing gander should also consider the potential long term adverse consequences to his party of treating this not as just one election with more to follow but Gotterdammerung?

Of course if it is all about McCain (despite a campaign slogan of Country First) then he perhaps could not care less what follows if it is his last shot on the political stage.if he loses :noidea:

Preacher
10-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Why don't you e-mail Frum and ask him? - I am just quoting him:chuckle:

FWIW you were suggesting earlier this afternoon that Obama should dial back his focus on the economy this campaign to avoid adverse consequences arising from that focus in future campaigns. If it is smart politics for the winning goose to consider the long term consequences of a particular campaign strategy for its impact in future campaigns, isn't it equally arguable that the losing gander should also consider the potential long term adverse consequences to his party of treating this not as just one election with more to follow but Gotterdammerung?

Of course if it is all about McCain (despite a campaign slogan of Country First) then he perhaps could not care less what follows if it is his last shot on the political stage.if he loses :noidea:

Actually, I don't need to email Frum... he is speaking from within a GOP mindset... It is you I am asking because you are quoting him to prove a point that you want to make. As a result, it is your question to answer within this forum.

And no, the lesson the GOP has learned over the last 3 and a half years is to throw EVERYTHING at the wall hoping something sticks... go full politics full tilt, and to act like spoiled brats when their party is not in the majority, and then blame the majority for nothing getting done. At this point, I am now HOPING for the first SC nominee.. it is time to start Borking democrat nominees, dragging their names through the mud, and making it just as unpleasant for them. It is time to start filibusting any and everything republicans don't like. (maybe they will even get conservative again, and I will actually have a party to join again.)

THAT is why it is smart for Obama to back off, if this election is so "in the bag" as some of you on the left are making it out to be, because now the GOP is getting its final lessons in dirty pool... and you know what... they are going to be pretty dang good at it.

Godfather
10-09-2008, 08:41 PM
You mean like mayor Daly that delivered the elections to JFK when Nixon really won it?

Kennedy still would have won the Electoral College without Illinois.

Preacher
10-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Kennedy still would have won the Electoral College without Illinois.

Actually, Illinois and Texas were both befuddled with voter fraud, and those two states together, would have turned the elections to Nixon.

There were also 9 other states that were contested... which Nixon could have taken votes from.

Side note to that....

Last election, rumors have it that Edward Kennedy called up Kerry sometime in the night or early the next morning and had a discussion with him. that discussion concerned how Kennedy's brother had won, and for the betterment of the country, Nixon conceded without dragging the nation through the mud. Kennedy then suggested Kerry do the same, especially after what happened in 2000. Kerry obliged.

IF that is true, then to Sen. Edward Kennedy and Kerry, whom I dislike quite a bit for numerous reasons, I must.........:hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff:

Mosca
10-09-2008, 09:16 PM
You mean like mayor Daly that delivered the elections to JFK when Nixon really won it? Yeah, it is only the right that hates democracy.

Vote early, vote often, even the dead vote is Chicago democrats at their finest. And now we have a Chicago democrat running for the presidency. Those connections can be found anywhere, and Liddy and Daly are about equal.

However, what is not equal, is a DOMESTIC TERRORIST and Obama. It would be the same as if McCain saddled up with Terry Nichols for a while.

Sorry, this is no moral equivelence between Liddy and domestic terrorism.

No, what I'm saying is that every one of us has associated with many different people in the past, and it is a stretch to paint those associations for anything more than just that; an association.

And Liddy was much worse than a domestic terrorist, btw; what he did was borderline treason.

Mosca
10-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm bugging out of this. There are people showing up at McCain/Palin rallies spouting ugly, racist, hateful things, they are being incited into mob anger by the Republican candidates, and no one here is saying that the candidates should pull back their attacks. It was posted as non-political; it is simply a reported fact.

It's not about Ayers, it's not about Kennedy. It's about people shouting that other people should be killed. It is about inciting mob violence.

You people who are deflecting this should step back, take a look at the situation, and then look in the mirror. See you next week at game time.

Preacher
10-09-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm bugging out of this. There are people showing up at McCain/Palin rallies spouting ugly, racist, hateful things, they are being incited into mob anger by the Republican candidates, and no one here is saying that the candidates should pull back their attacks. It was posted as non-political; it is simply a reported fact.

It's not about Ayers, it's not about Kennedy. It's about people shouting that other people should be killed. It is about inciting mob violence.

You people who are deflecting this should step back, take a look at the situation, and then look in the mirror. See you next week at game time.

No, the deflection is coming because a few lunatics show up at a Republican rally and spout idiotic, hateful things.

It IS about Ayers... and obama's association with him.

Let me ask you a question, did you say the same thing about Kerry and the democrats four years ago when someone fired a gun into the GOP office? When a two unions got out of control and attacked two seperate GOP offices?

Why is ok for one, and not the other. Where were the calls for Kerry to back off?

Why is it NOW that people have to back off? It is for one reason, because it is now THEIR candidate.

Nothing else.

Here is a link to the story about the gun being fired... yes, it is on a partisan site, but it references the local tv station where the story broke... http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1206203/posts

Here is a link on the attacks on teh GOP offices... again, WSJ opinion which is partisan, but it references where and police reports which can be obtained... http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110005741

So WHY the call NOW???

Sorry, this REEKS of hypocrisy by all those who remained silent four years ago as their man was going down in the polls. BTW... notice, these are UNIONS, which are ORGANIZED. What is being condemned in the GOP rallies are.. .INDIVIDUALS.

tony hipchest
10-09-2008, 10:00 PM

You people who are deflecting this should step back, take a look at the situation, and then look in the mirror.:thumbsup:

So if they called off the dogs, then you admit that they were in control... or that they violated election laws, since campaigns are to have no contact with groups like Moveon.org or Swiftboatvets...

::yawn:

where did i admit any of that? its pretty evident if you can follow the simple context and flow of a conversation, i was talking about obama publicly chastizing ANYBODY who was trying to drag sarah palins daughter through the mud. he proclaimed he would not be running a tired old campaign of personal attacks. hence he called off the rabid dogs.

in this recent case the rabid dogs are sarah and john themselves. all the hypocrites on this board would be absolutely livid if barak and joe were going to campaign rallys inciting the crowds with "mccain palling around with baby killers".

i am ashamed and embarrassed for a proud war hero. here i always looked at him as tough and strong but he has let a group of morons absolutely run his campaign right into the ground. he should be calling the shots! he has proven to be the puppet. obama has shown more of being a "maverick" by bucking the trend and not using all the smear tactics and nastiness americans have become so disinfranchised with.

obama has remained professional. mccain has handed over the wheel to palin and looks plain tacky. they have stumbled every step of the way.

giving obama "rock star status" doesnt seem so brilliant now, does it? waiting for obama to select a veep, and forcing the GOP's hand in their selection really looks like a reach now, doesnt it? he shoulda just jumped on the best candidate first and not worried about what the "other team" does.

but then again, he hasnt been the one calling the shots all along, now has he?

Mosca
10-09-2008, 10:18 PM
No, the deflection is coming because a few lunatics show up at a Republican rally and spout idiotic, hateful things.

No... the candidates are aware that they are inciting mob anger. Once that is so, then they become responsible for either continuing it, or abating it. They now have a choice.

Think about the situation. Then decide.

Preacher
10-09-2008, 10:35 PM
No... the candidates are aware that they are inciting mob anger. Once that is so, then they become responsible for either continuing it, or abating it. They now have a choice.

Think about the situation. Then decide.

And that wasn't applicable four years ago?

Let me ask you a question, did you say the same thing about Kerry and the democrats four years ago when someone fired a gun into the GOP office? When a two unions got out of control and attacked two seperate GOP offices?

Why is ok for one, and not the other. Where were the calls for Kerry to back off?

Why is it NOW that people have to back off? It is for one reason, because it is now THEIR candidate.

Nothing else.

Here is a link to the story about the gun being fired... yes, it is on a partisan site, but it references the local tv station where the story broke... http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1206203/posts

Here is a link on the attacks on teh GOP offices... again, WSJ opinion which is partisan, but it references where and police reports which can be obtained... http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110005741

So WHY the call NOW???

Preacher
10-09-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm bugging out of this. . . . See you next week at game time.

I have said that to myself 20 times as well...

isn't it interesting how we keep coming back to these types of threads... like moths to a light?

Atlanta Dan
10-10-2008, 12:31 AM
I have said that to myself 20 times as well...

isn't it interesting how we keep coming back to these types of threads... like moths to a light?

Hey - I stayed away for a month (and now am posting like an alcoholic who has resumed drinking):chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
10-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Add David Brooks (his first boss was William F. Buckley) to those pointing with concern to the evolution of the GOP since the Gipper:

Modern conservatism began as a movement of dissident intellectuals. Richard Weaver wrote a book called, ďIdeas Have Consequences.Ē Russell Kirk placed Edmund Burke in an American context. William F. Buckley famously said heíd rather be governed by the first 2,000 names in the Boston phone book than by the faculty of Harvard. But he didnít believe those were the only two options. His entire life was a celebration of urbane values, sophistication and the rigorous and constant application of intellect....

Ronald Reagan was no intellectual, but he had an earnest faith in ideas and he spent decades working through them. ...

What had been a disdain for liberal intellectuals slipped into a disdain for the educated class as a whole. The liberals had coastal condescension, so the conservatives developed their own anti-elitism, with mirror-image categories and mirror-image resentments, but with the same corrosive effect....

The political effects of this trend have been obvious. Republicans have alienated the highly educated regions ó Silicon Valley, northern Virginia, the suburbs outside of New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and Raleigh-Durham. The West Coast and the Northeast are mostly gone.

The Republicans have alienated whole professions. Lawyers now donate to the Democratic Party over the Republican Party at 4-to-1 rates. With doctors, itís 2-to-1. With tech executives, itís 5-to-1. With investment bankers, itís 2-to-1. It took talent for Republicans to lose the banking community.

Palin is smart, politically skilled, courageous and likable. Her convention and debate performances were impressive. But no American politician plays the class-warfare card as constantly as Palin. Nobody so relentlessly divides the world between the ďnormal Joe Sixpack AmericanĒ and the coastal elite.

And so, politically, the G.O.P. is squeezed at both ends. The party is losing the working class by sins of omission ó because it has not developed policies to address economic anxiety. It has lost the educated class by sins of commission ó by telling members of that class to go away.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/10/opinion/10brooks.html?hp

Preacher
10-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Hey - I stayed away for a month (and now am posting like an alcoholic who has resumed drinking):chuckle:

Yeah...

though it sure is amazing how Tony's posts seemed to be much more coherent during that time... and I have noticed some rev. also picked up on that.

Atlanta Dan
10-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Yeah...

though it sure is amazing how Tony's posts seemed to be much more coherent during that time... and I have noticed some rev. also picked up on that.

I suppose if you posted under multiple names you would be more inclined to attribute that sort of conduct to others:chuckle:

Preacher
10-10-2008, 01:35 AM
I suppose if you posted under multiple names you would be more inclined to attribute that sort of conduct to others:chuckle:

I thought people's history didn't matter? Or should we look up your association with LITP?

:rofl:

revefsreleets
10-10-2008, 08:36 AM
What does all this have to do with radical left wing nuts being just as crazy as radical right wing nuts?

Die thread, die!!!!

Atlanta Dan
10-10-2008, 08:54 AM
I thought people's history didn't matter? Or should we look up your association with LITP?

Please refresh my memory on my "association" with LITP other than to have been one of the last posters to flame him for attacking HTG before he was cast into the outer darkness.

Preacher
10-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Please refresh my memory on my "association" with LITP other than to have been one of the last posters to flame him for attacking HTG before he was cast into the outer darkness.

:rolleyes:

Lighten up. It was a joke. Or have you really drawn battle lines that firmly?

tony hipchest
10-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah...

:toofunny: holy cow you guys are paranoid.

ive seen your old pic in the jagoff fans thread preach :chuckle: :wink02: and it begs a very important question once famously raised by Mr. Hand.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/mr_hand.jpg

:smoker:

i dont really know dan other that what i read on the forums and a few pm's here and there (in fact, i would say i know you much better), but i recon dan is a master debater with great oratory skillz and probably has written quite a few papers and disertations in his time. his ability to incorporate sources and references into his writing is seamless and supreme.

im sure others besides myself missed his level headed and informative posts and opinions while he was away (well, atleast others who werent repeatedly having their rears served up on a platter).

i will admit i kinda adopted and tried to emmulate a more non confrontational style chock full of support and more educated opinions from less partisan articles. ive obtained a better filter for some of the bs i read while doing a bit more research on my own.

but as long as dan is posting i can get back to providing more comedy relief and being a pest as opposed to the oh so serious tone this board is currently consumed with.

:drink: This message was paid for and approved by the Campaign for Dan Foundation

:toofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth

.....I stand corrected.

Preacher
10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Tony...

Discrepancies raise questions, I am not saying your not intelligent. I am saying that your style, wording, and tone became very much like AD before he left. (Hen changed back as soon as he came back. Sorry, just calling em as I see them.

Noprthing paranoid about stating a blatant observation.

-t just becomes disingenous when you(pl) blame the GOP for mob mentallity--

HometownGal
10-10-2008, 02:19 PM
:toofunny: holy cow you guys are paranoid.

I believe observant is the correct word here, hipcheese. :wink02::chuckle:

We may not agree with killing babies, allowing murderers to live, taking away our guns, raising our taxes, withdrawing from Iraq and socialized medicine, but honestly, we do know how to add 1+1 and come up with 2. :wink02::laughing:

Atlanta Dan
10-10-2008, 02:36 PM
:rolleyes:

Lighten up. It was a joke. Or have you really drawn battle lines that firmly?

I confess to having given up as to knowing when you are serious - maybe I am out of practice after my absence from here.:chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
10-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Tony...

Discrepancies raise questions, I am not saying your not intelligent. I am saying that your style, wording, and tone became very much like AD before he left. (Hen changed back as soon as he came back. Sorry, just calling em as I see them.

-t just becomes disingenous when you(pl) blame the GOP for mob mentallity--

Are you actuallly contending i was ghostwriting posts for Tony or are you once again not being serious?

Atlanta Dan
10-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I believe observant is the correct word here, hipcheese. :wink02::chuckle:

We may not agree with killing babies, allowing murderers to live, taking away our guns, raising our taxes, withdrawing from Iraq and socialized medicine, but honestly, we do know how to add 1+1 and come up with 2. :wink02::laughing:

Stridency does not become you:chuckle:

Leftoverhard
10-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Since this thread is still about the crazies and I'm still new so I'm expected to post partisan BS here, here's a sweet video.
P.S. - I just decided that the only reason I don't want McCain to win is to piss these people off for at least 4 years, hopefully 8. It's a better reason than any.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/itEucdhf4Us&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/itEucdhf4Us&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tony hipchest
10-10-2008, 03:12 PM

--now youre just slandering the both of us (and kinda being insulting to dan).

care to provide some examples of my posts that you find suspicious, so i can see if i really wrote them that good? i rarely re read my serious posts (only the funny ones).

oh and dan, for the next post you write for me can you please not use capitalization? its really a pain in my ass to go and uncapitalize a whole page so i dont blow our cover. :toofunny:

wow. things are getting strange here in the "bunker". this almost as strange as LITP's obsession with suit and his repeated accusations we were doing the same. :screwy:

hey lets play a game preach! who wrote post #83? dan or i? had to be me right cause i spelled skills with a "z".... right? or maybe not :scratchchin: maybe dan is just trying to throw you off our scent.

Preacher
10-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Ever here the phrase... Thou dost protest too much?

Dan... usually any reference to LITP is a joke... :wink02:

Atlanta Dan
10-10-2008, 03:22 PM

got it:thumbsup:

Preacher
10-10-2008, 03:28 PM

got it:thumbsup:

:wink02:

Come on now Dan... You gotta know the line in the sand is drawn at the Pats*!!!!

revefsreleets
10-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Death knell for this thread...

http://www.ohio.com/news/nation/30832529.html

Supporters boo McCain

McCain, campaigning Friday in Wisconsin and Minnesota, acted to tamp down the increasingly raw anger his supporters have shown toward Obama.

The Republican candidate was booed by his own supporters in Minnesota when, in an abrupt switch from raising questions about Obama's character, he described the Democrat as a ''decent person and a person that you do not have to be scared of as president of the United States.''

Shouts of ''traitor,'' ''terrorist,'' ''treason,'' ''liar,'' and even ''off with his head'' have rung from the crowd at McCain and Sarah Palin rallies, and gone unchallenged by them until Friday.

''I don't trust Obama,'' one woman said to McCain. ''I have read about him. He's an Arab.''

McCain shook his head in disagreement, and said:

''No, ma'am. He's a decent, family man, citizen — that I just happen to have disagreements with (him) on fundamental issues and that's what this campaign is all about.''

That was more than many here would ever be willing or able to do. MAJOR props to McCain. This is the kind of class he should have shown across the board (namely speaking of some of HIS campaign ads) from the start.

Mosca
10-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Death knell for this thread...

http://www.ohio.com/news/nation/30832529.html

Supporters boo McCain

McCain, campaigning Friday in Wisconsin and Minnesota, acted to tamp down the increasingly raw anger his supporters have shown toward Obama.

The Republican candidate was booed by his own supporters in Minnesota when, in an abrupt switch from raising questions about Obama's character, he described the Democrat as a ''decent person and a person that you do not have to be scared of as president of the United States.''

Shouts of ''traitor,'' ''terrorist,'' ''treason,'' ''liar,'' and even ''off with his head'' have rung from the crowd at McCain and Sarah Palin rallies, and gone unchallenged by them until Friday.

''I don't trust Obama,'' one woman said to McCain. ''I have read about him. He's an Arab.''

McCain shook his head in disagreement, and said:

''No, ma'am. He's a decent, family man, citizen — that I just happen to have disagreements with (him) on fundamental issues and that's what this campaign is all about.''

That was more than many here would ever be willing or able to do. MAJOR props to McCain. This is the kind of class he should have shown across the board (namely speaking of some of HIS campaign ads) from the start.

Agreed, and this was what I was hoping for from him. He did what he could to cut it off.

We can't look past the fact that there are a lot of people who identify themselves with the right who are also consumed with race hatred. This is in no way a reflection on the Republicans themselves; before the '80s, these voters were Democrats. Jesse Helms Democrats.

In previous elections, these stump speeches that Palin and McCain are giving, and Obama and Biden for that matter, were just that; speeches to rally the base, to keep the campaign momentum going, to put the candidates and the message in front of the voters face to face. But when you put a black man in the campaign, the rallying ACCIDENTALLY AND INADVERTENTLY turns into something else. Where it would normally just be a political speech, instead it ignites the thing that fires the race hatred inside those people who have it.

I truly believe that McCain and Palin were unprepared for this, and that their inaction was due to bewilderment; they never ignited that before, because they don't have race hatred and they don't think of Obama as black. Kudos to McCain for catching on and doing what he has to do.

(edit) Of course, I've already read other cynics writing that "McCain and Palin have unleashed the monster. It's too late to respect what he's doing now. He's scared something may happen to Obama, race riots will flare up all across American cities and he'll be partly to blame." So, knowing how McCain has acted shrewdly in the past, he may be trying to both unleash the power, and distance himself from it at the same time.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-11-2008, 09:23 AM
:

i dont really know dan other that what i read on the forums and a few pm's here and there (in fact, i would say i know you much better), but i recon dan is a master debater with great oratory skillz and probably has written quite a few papers and disertations in his time. his ability to incorporate sources and references into his writing is seamless and supreme.

:hug::love:

(well, atleast others who werent repeatedly having their rears served up on a platter).

:rofl::rofl:
As I publicly pointed out....you can keep saying it, its still not true.... your just the high school nerd yelling at the school jock AFTER he leaves the parking lot....so pull your underwear out of your butt crack and know your place.

i will admit i kinda adopted and tried to emmulate a more non confrontational style chock full of support and more educated opinions

Oh....Thats why you didnt seem like yourself.

:drink: This message was paid for and approved by the Campaign for Dan Foundation

Otherwise known as the Geppetto foundation.