PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jones? No it's still Pacman

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Just because the name changes doesn't mean the new and improved personality follows. It appears the cowgirls failed miserably in babysitting an adult :chuckle:
It was only a matter of time.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_COWBOYS_PACMAN_FIGHT?SITE=PAGRE&SECTION=FOOTBALL&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/report-adam-pacman-jones-gets-in-fight-a.html

Report: Adam 'Pacman' Jones gets in fight at hotel
6:40 PM Wed, Oct 08, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

KTVT-TV in Dallas (CBS 11) is reporting that Adam "Pacman" Jones got into a violent altercation with a member of his security detail at a hotel in downtown Dallas last night.

Per the TV station, a mirror was broken in Pacman's room, and he left the hotel without paying his bill. No police report has been filed and hotel management declined comment.

More to come.

UPDATE: ProFootballTalk has some details, attributed to a league source.

For those of you who had October 7 as the date on which cornerback Pacman Jones gets into trouble, it’s time to collect your prize.

According to CBS 11 in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Jones got into a fight with a bodyguard on Tuesday night at an upscale Dallas hotel.

The team isn’t commenting on the situation.

Per the report, it was a “violent confrontation” in a bathroom. Patrons could clearly hear that a fight was occurring, and at least one mirror in the bathroom was broken. Jones reportedly left the hotel without paying his bar tab.

Ironically, Commissioner Roger Goodell met with the Cowboys on Wednesday. Goodell had this to say regarding Pacman:

“Adam knows how much emphasis I put on making sure that he makes good choices going forward, that he avoids situations where he can reflect poorly on himself, the Cowboys or the NFL. So far he seems to have been able to do that very effectively. I am supportive of him and am hopeful that he will be able to do that for the rest of his life. I am hoping he will not only be a great NFL player but he will continue to do the right things so he can lead a productive life off the field as well.”

MasterOfPuppets
10-08-2008, 11:35 PM
i guess they were fightin over who was gonna be PACK man that day.....:toofunny:

fansince'76
10-08-2008, 11:42 PM
Once a douchebag, always a douchebag. :coffee:

Edman
10-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Too bad Jerry Jones doesn't realize it's not 1993 anymore. Stocking up on troubled players and characters with egos will not work. Especially when you have a gutless blob like Wade Philips as a head coach.

Oh wait, it's not too bad.

Steelman16
10-09-2008, 12:36 AM
This ship is falling apart faster than the Bungles. Oh wait, the Bungles already fell apart. Ok Cowboys, y'all is good to go.

:coffee:

NJarhead
10-09-2008, 12:37 AM
I honestly thought he'd complete an entire season before getting into trouble again. Guess not.

The Duke
10-09-2008, 12:54 AM
just get this thugs outta the league goodell. he'd gain some respect if he does

hope it's true though, that'd leave the cowboys secondary in even worse conditions

Mosca
10-09-2008, 08:33 AM
I was really pulling for the guy, actually. I'm not Christian, but I'm steeped pretty heavily in the doctrine of redemption; it is possible to turn your life around and atone for past misdeeds.

But there is no substitute for doing it; the only way to do it is to do it, to live it out, and he ain't doin' it.

steelpride12
10-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Seriously he shouldn't get all these chances in the league. He should have been kept out a long time ago!

Hapa
10-09-2008, 12:11 PM
He seems like one of those conceited guys that really is so conceited, they seem like they're in their own world. I don't know how to describe it, but I think you guys know what I mean.

steelreserve
10-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Well, there's nothing to be surprised about here. Everyone already knew this guy was a moron.

TailgateMel
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Geez... I have Sirius NFL radio.. ALL that they are talking about everytime I get in my car last evening & today is Pac-Man Jones....

ey-yi-yi!!! Can we move onto something with a little more substance? Some stats, nuggets, projections, injury reports... sheesh.. ANYTHING other than Pac-Man Jones.

anybody else been listening to Sirius NFL Radio today? Do they actually talk about anything else? Have I just been having bad luck everytime I get in my car???

Mel

rbryan
10-10-2008, 01:52 PM
C'mon guys it was no big deal, His personal guru Neon Dion just said so. Cracman was just keepin it real.....I'm pretty sure it was warranted. The security guy probably dissed him.....lol

The Duke
10-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Geez... I have Sirius NFL radio.. ALL that they are talking about everytime I get in my car last evening & today is Pac-Man Jones....

ey-yi-yi!!! Can we move onto something with a little more substance? Some stats, nuggets, projections, injury reports... sheesh.. ANYTHING other than Pac-Man Jones.

anybody else been listening to Sirius NFL Radio today? Do they actually talk about anything else? Have I just been having bad luck everytime I get in my car???

Mel

yeah, it's annoying. same with nfl network, I'm sitting wanting to watch some NFL news and what I get is like a 30 minute jerry jones press conference on pacman :banging:

who the hell cares about this bum anyway?

SteelMember
10-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Was the "broken mirror" actually the club disco ball?

"Make it Rain"
:dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

dumbass.

JackHammer
10-10-2008, 03:36 PM
O.K. so we have drinking, then Pac and his BG just messing around, then it ends with a fight in the bathroom?

Sounds like a domestic dispute if you ask me.....

tony hipchest
10-10-2008, 04:05 PM

Mel:yep: all day for 2 days. :banging:

cowboykilla
10-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Way to go Pacman! It won't be long before T.O. melts down,and after him the rest of the team will follow.

tony hipchest
10-14-2008, 01:44 PM
tu-pac man was just suspended indefinitely but for the next 4 games minimum.

fansince'76
10-14-2008, 01:51 PM
tu-pac man was just suspended indefinitely but for the next 4 games minimum.

I'm sure Jerry Jones is happy about that - I never knew about this until now:

The Cowboys get two more picks if Pacman is suspended, per the terms of their trade with the Titans. They wouldn't have to give up the sixth-rounder and would receive Tennessee's fifth-rounder.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/bestcase-scenario-with-adam-pacman-jones.html

Unreal. They pick up this scumbag, he acts like the scumbag he is and gets suspended (again) for it, and they benefit from it? What happened to Goodell's pledge to crack down on teams as well as players for repeated misconduct? Oh yeah, it's "America's Team" we're talking about here. My bad. :coffee:

Crushzilla
10-14-2008, 01:54 PM
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/bestcase-scenario-with-adam-pacman-jones.html

Unreal. They pick up this scumbag, he acts like the scumbag he is and gets suspended for it, and they benefit from it? What happened to Goodell's pledge to crack down on teams as well as players for repeated misconduct? Oh yeah, it's America's Team we're talking about here. My bad. :coffee:

Wow. I didn't know that there was a suspension=payoff clause in the trade.

Unbelievable.

Goodell drops the ball again when it comes to dealing out punishment. He should have never allowed that clause.

Just like last year when he took NE's lesser of two first round picks after Spygate.

KeiselPower99
10-14-2008, 02:02 PM
4 games suspension!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

MACH1
10-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised if the pats* somehow pick up an extra first round pick out of this. :doh:

Crushzilla
I do, however, like that he kept to his promise and ignored Jerry "Captain America" Jones' fervent (I'm sure) protests.

I can just see J.J. stomping his feet and screaming.

Sorry, buddy, you knew the risk coming in.

MasterOfPuppets
why in the hell would someone "supposedly" on probation, only get 4 games ??? i thought the degenerate was on his LAST chance......

Crushzilla
10-14-2008, 02:15 PM
why in the hell would someone "supposedly" on probation, only get 4 games ??? i thought the degenerate was on his LAST chance......

Well. I guess you could argue the severity of the situation.

Remember, a week ago no one thought this would even come to any sort of discipline (especially J.J.).

I do agree, though.

It's time to move on. There are millions of guys out there that would gladly step into his spot and NOT be a :poop:

tony hipchest
10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
why in the hell would someone "supposedly" on probation, only get 4 games ??? i thought the degenerate was on his LAST chance......its a minimum of 4 games. as of now he is suspended indefinitely. i guess it depends on how liberally jones massages goodels nuts in the next 5 weeks (dallas has a bye).

rbryan
10-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Best part about the whole Cracman experiment is that he has been a major disappointment on the field.

Reap what you sow Jerry.....Have a nice day

Edman
10-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Slap on the wrist. With a plastic ruler. :coffee:

I wish the Cowboys nothing but misery and failure, they deserve nothing less. Roger Bad-ell further solidifies his legacy as an incompetant commish who ushered in an era of umpire incompetency and a lack of professionalism. Also known for softening the game of football.

SteelMember
10-14-2008, 02:55 PM
It was just a matter of time before one of jerry's bad apple projects came back to bite him, although the clause in the contract was pretty clever on their part.

With romo out now for 4 games, owens may be the next casualty.

steelpride12
10-14-2008, 03:32 PM
I wish the Commish would kick him out of the league for good. Him along with Chris Henry from the bungles. Its a shame they let repeat offenders in the league to have more and more chances and proving here they are still scum and deserve no more than to be job less.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Indefinate suspension of at least four games.

I say kick him out for good, wasn't this his last chance to do right?

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-14-2008, 05:13 PM
This man is a disgrace to the game, and should be gone forever!!!

revefsreleets
10-14-2008, 05:31 PM
He's VERY lucky to get a 4 game minimum. He should have gotten the boot for the season minimum.

lilyoder6
10-14-2008, 09:31 PM
well according to "primetime" on nfl total access.. pacman was just at the wrong end of this ordeal... the bodyguard swung at him and started the whole thing.. appearantly according to him... pacman is innocent

fansince'76
10-15-2008, 10:44 AM
well according to "primetime" on nfl total access.. pacman was just at the wrong end of this ordeal... the bodyguard swung at him and started the whole thing.. appearantly according to him... pacman is innocent

And I suppose Deion Sanders was there and witnessed the whole thing?

stlrtruck
10-15-2008, 11:06 AM

Come on FS76 - didn't you know, doesn't everyone know, Deion Sanders is a Saint!!!

(insert sarcasm smiley here)

STEELtownHAVOX
10-15-2008, 11:34 AM

No! Michael Irvin and Tank Johnson were there with crack, guns, and hookers.

fansince'76
10-15-2008, 11:41 AM

And Pacman provided the "rain"! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
10-15-2008, 11:54 AM
And Parcels just laughs and laughs and laughs down in Miami.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-15-2008, 12:14 PM

Yeah, I saw what Deion said and I think its blown way out of proportion. Jones and his bodyguard/chaparone or whatever normally joke about things and in this case Jones was giving this guy a hard time because he was late. His bodyguard took it personally and started the fight.

Basically, Goodell is suspending him indefinately for "busting chops" of his bodyguard.

Goodell is also taking money off of Hines Ward like an ATM for blocking, James Harrison for talking about a bad call, while guys like Ed Hochuli, Shawn Rogers get passes.

Sherrif Goodell is about as bright as Barney Fife.

steelreserve
10-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I saw what Deion said and I think its blown way out of proportion. Jones and his bodyguard/chaparone or whatever normally joke about things and in this case Jones was giving this guy a hard time because he was late. His bodyguard took it personally and started the fight.

Basically, Goodell is suspending him indefinately for "busting chops" of his bodyguard.

In that respect, I've kind of had it with what Goodell is doing. Basically, if you do something and the media gets all worked up about it, you're going to get fined or suspended whether or not anything serious actually happened.

He's so concerned with protecting he league's image that he'll automatically come out with a stiff penalty "to send the right message," and it doesn't really matter whether there's any evidence, charges, anything like that. Just whether good ol' Roger thinks you're coming across as too ghetto for his liking.

Don't get me wrong, Pacman Jones comes off looking like a moron. But if I were him, you can bet your ass I'd be suing Goodell to get every last penny of my money back over this one.

lilyoder6
10-15-2008, 12:49 PM
goodell is doing some stupid.. things here.. passing out harsh rulings like candy but yet he still only slapped the pats for what they did..

SteelMember
10-15-2008, 03:05 PM

Get some fire trucks and you'd have a "Bachelor Party".

revefsreleets
10-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Since he's been in the league, dude has been involved in incidents in which the police needed to be called 13 times.

13 times. 13 TIMES!

Even if he wasn't in the wrong (highly doubtful), the dude used up his mulligan a long time ago.

Lifetime ban on this punk.

MasterOfPuppets
10-15-2008, 06:17 PM

Goodell is also taking money off of Hines Ward like an ATM for blocking, James Harrison for talking about a bad call, while guys like Ed Hochuli, Shawn Rogers get passes.

Sherrif Goodell is about as bright as Barney Fife.actually i think goodell is suspending him for attracting "negative " attention to himself. something i'm sure was a condition of his reinstatement. guilty or not, the point is, don't allow yourself to be put in those situations.its no coincedence that these negative mishaps follow the idiot.

St33lersguy
10-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Get this troublemaker out of the league!!!!!!!!
He had his chace and blew it.
Goodell:"Am I not communicating something or is there something else."
Roger have you considered that this guy is just a bad egg?

rbryan
10-15-2008, 11:06 PM
I think that despite appearing as though he's upset about this Jerry Jones isn't. Bottom line.....Cracman hasn't been very good since coming back. Certainly not worth all the trouble or the money.