PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee? come on.. ya gotta be

TailgateMel
10-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Kidding me!

Watching the pre-game show for MNF... two analysts picked TN to go to the superbowl...

did they WATCH the game of their vs. the Ravens? They looked TERRIBLE (esp. in the first half)... they only won because Baltimore let them back in... now.. don't get me wrong, I was *thrilled* to see them win vs. the Ratbirds & give us a nice lead in the division.. but...

Kerry Collins? Give me a break.

You watch.. weeks 9-12 they are gonna disintegrate.
Green Bay, @ Chicago, @ Jacksonville, Jets

I understand the AFC doesn't have a really *dominant* team right now.. but geez...

Mel

steelpride12
10-09-2008, 11:15 AM
The Titans have a solid team all around and deserve to be 5-0. They have 2 pretty good runningbacks in White and the rookie Jonhson who looks extremly impressive.
Collins has stepped up big and sure he makes mistakes, but look at their record.
Also there defense mostly their D line is extrmemly impressive making the run game close to impossible. Finnigan is prob. having a pro bowl season giving there secondary a +.
The Titans are dangerous this season, but beatalbe.

revefsreleets
10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
The Rats are overrated, and we didn't really help dispel that like we should have.

TN has a good D...but that's not enough. They remind of some recent Bears teams.

Blitzburgh_Fever
10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
The Rats are overrated, and we didn't really help dispel that like we should have.

TN has a good D...but that's not enough. They remind of some recent Bears teams.

The difference though is the Titans D doesn't just stop offenses dead -- it gets the ball back constantly off fumbles and INTs. I know the Bears have been respectable on turnovers, but that place is seriously a turnover machine.

The other big thing is when they do turn it over, Kerry Collins is consistent enough to lead them down the field, and they have a potent 1-2 punch. Their only real weakness is QB and receivers, but they shored up on TEs for the latter.

They're potent and a real force, but not unstoppable. Ball control has to be #1 when we play them on offense, and locking down the short 4-5 yard pass gains and preventing the homerun ground game on defense. A lot of teams can't really do both. I'm confident we can. :tt03:

ShutDown24
10-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Kidding me!

Watching the pre-game show for MNF... two analysts picked TN to go to the superbowl...

did they WATCH the game of their vs. the Ravens? They looked TERRIBLE (esp. in the first half)... they only won because Baltimore let them back in... now.. don't get me wrong, I was *thrilled* to see them win vs. the Ratbirds & give us a nice lead in the division.. but...

Kerry Collins? Give me a break.

You watch.. weeks 9-12 they are gonna disintegrate.
Green Bay, @ Chicago, @ Jacksonville, Jets

I understand the AFC doesn't have a really *dominant* team right now.. but geez...

Mel

All that matters is this: 5 -0. It's not how you win, but that you do.

The Duke
10-09-2008, 02:09 PM

same here. but I think they'll give the steelers a fight

you stop the running game ( easy for the steelers) and all they have is an old yet efficient qb to win for them. I think the steelers can stop them

as for super bowl? lol, it's week 5!!

Dino 6 Rings
10-09-2008, 02:39 PM
They play in an ok conference, I mean with the Texans being bad, the Jags obviously not as good as last year and bound for LA, and the Colts having trouble scoring, they could make the playoffs. However, can they win a playoff game when you need to score points and hold another team? I don't know, I doubt it. Fisher (I hate him) is a good coach, but they don't have a stud at RB that can really carry a game on his shoulders and their secondary isn't great enough to shut down another teams passing attack.

I don't see it, they are off it a great start, and can win some more games and get into the playoffs, but they still have a long season ahead of them .

Edman
10-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Tennesee found a way to win despite playing pretty bad. That's what good teams do.

Baltimore is the one who's overrated. They're not gonna play Cleveland and Cincy every week. They played us tough? So? The Ravens play the Steelers tough all the time. Doesn't make them any good, though. And we still beat them.

TailgateMel
10-09-2008, 04:04 PM
All that matters is this: 5 -0. It's not how you win, but that you do.

They are 5-0... and deserve accolades, but I don't think they are a superbowl caliber team like people are putting them out to be.. their D is awesome (I have their D for my fantasy team)... but that will only get them so far.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-09-2008, 04:26 PM
I respect their defense. Especially that defensive line.

I think they can win the division to. In the past few years the AFC South has been the Colts, and then everyone else. Last year it was a very competitive conference where the Colts, Titans, and Jags all made the playoffs and the Texans went 8-8.

This year however, the AFC South isn't that good. The Texans absolutley suck. The Colts defense is back to being bad with Bob Sanders hurt (again) and their offense is going nowhere. And the Jags are not nearly as good as last year.

I definatly see the Titans winning that division, and they very well might be the only team from that division to make the playoffs.

But I don't see them winning any games come playoff time. That defense is good, but you can pass on them. And if they face a dominant defense like ours, then it's over for them.

hizmi
10-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Both the Titans and the Ravens are LEGIT. The top 2 D's in the NFL (by a wide margin statistically) and strong offensive lines; neither team allowed a sack despite going up against some nasty pass rushes. Tenn will win their division and I'd say Balt has a 40% of taking the North

Edit: Football Outsiders gives them a 35% chance of taking the North

Steelman16
10-10-2008, 01:01 AM
They deserve every bit of accolade for going undefeated thus far, but as we learned last year, spotless records ain't the big deal.

Defensively, they're one of the best in the league right now, and they'll win many games on their D alone. But, in order for them to take a long look at going anywhere in the playoffs, they'll have to have Kerry Collins play at the top of his game. He's capable, but I'm not sure if he'll last until then.

They're a good team, but I think we can beat them in our matchup late in the season. We are very good at shutting down the run (sorry Fred and Maurice) and I don't think Collins can win a game on his own with their receiver set.

Rhee Rhee
10-10-2008, 02:50 AM
guys i think they resemble a steeler team of a couple of years ago... 2004 ring a bell? they have a solid defense lead by albert haynesworth, keith bulluck and cortland finnigan and have an even solider running game with lendale and chris johnson... kerry collins just manages the game and puts it in the air when needed as he showed against the ravens on the last drive...

hizmi
10-10-2008, 12:40 PM
They deserve every bit of accolade for going undefeated thus far, but as we learned last year, spotless records ain't the big deal.

Defensively, they're one of the best in the league right now, and they'll win many games on their D alone. But, in order for them to take a long look at going anywhere in the playoffs, they'll have to have Kerry Collins play at the top of his game. He's capable, but I'm not sure if he'll last until then.

They're a good team, but I think we can beat them in our matchup late in the season. We are very good at shutting down the run (sorry Fred and Maurice) and I don't think Collins can win a game on his own with their receiver set.

They definitely won't feel comfortable with Collins having to make plays in a playoff game....It's very important that they don't fall behind early

revefsreleets
10-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Both the Titans and the Ravens are LEGIT. The top 2 D's in the NFL (by a wide margin statistically) and strong offensive lines; neither team allowed a sack despite going up against some nasty pass rushes. Tenn will win their division and I'd say Balt has a 40% of taking the North

Edit: Football Outsiders gives them a 35% chance of taking the North
Closet Rats fan?

I'll give the Titans credit. They play Steelers ball. But this is not a team that's built for a long playoff run.

Rats 40% chance of taking the North, huh? I'd say 10...

steelwall
10-10-2008, 07:28 PM
I believe there is a reason behind Collins being on so many different rosters. IMO he's not a bad QB, but you can rattle him, I've seen it happen to him before in games were takes alot of pressure.

Only other thing I can add is... I can't stand Jeff Fisher....just somethng about the guy that irks me. Didnt Bill C break Jeff Fisher's leg or something and ST play??

hizmi
10-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Closet Rats fan?

I'll give the Titans credit. They play Steelers ball. But this is not a team that's built for a long playoff run.

Rats 40% chance of taking the North, huh? I'd say 10...

Look at their schedule compared to ours. As someone else noted, they're two plays away from being 4-0.