PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward Fined too...

NJarhead
10-09-2008, 04:30 PM
HINES WARD FINED $5,000 FOR UNNECESSARY ROUGHNESS
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 9, 2008, 12:40 p.m. EDT
Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward has been fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness during Pittsburgh’s September 29 game against the Ravens.

Ward says he thinks he knows which hit drew the fine, but that he’s baffled that he’s getting fined even though he was not penalized on the play.

“That’s what’s so crazy about it,” Ward said. “How do you not get penalized but you get a fine? It was on [Ravens cornerback] Corey Ivy, I think. I don’t know. All I saw was the letter, $5,000 for unnecessary roughness.”

Ward is known as one of the toughest blockers in the league among wide receivers, and one unnamed coach said during the off-season that Ward is the dirtiest player in the NFL. But Ward’s point in this case is basically, If the officials didn’t throw a flag, what could he have done wrong?

Of course, players get fined all the time for plays on which they weren’t penalized. And Ward seems to know that, because he says he’s probably not going to bother with an appeal.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/09/hines-ward-fined-5000-for-unnecessary-roughness/

Oh well. I'm sure he won't stop him from knocking to crap out of a Raven in the future. :tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
10-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Seriosuly? I didn't think that hit was unnecissary roughness.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez, when are they gonna send the fines out for the late effen hits on Ben?

fansince'76
10-09-2008, 04:34 PM
So, guys aren't allowed to hit each other now? Welcome to the National Flag Football League, folks (except when it comes to hitting Ben - then it's anything goes). Goodell needs to go. Yesterday.

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Any guesses on who the unnamed coach was? I bet it was Del Rio. Hines got away with a lot of sh*t in the playoff game last year, and he is always stirring things up with Mathis and Williams.

kmsteelerwr15
10-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Seriosuly? I didn't think that hit was unnecissary roughness.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez, when are they gonna send the fines out for the late effen hits on Ben?

Not just the hits, what about the threats that we hear about almost every week. You know the ones about taking the cheap shot. So I guess it's now illegal for a reciever to throw a block in the middle of a play, but it's fine not only to threaten but deliver late hits on Ben :noidea:

Way to be a worthless piece of sh!t Goodell.

FIRE GOODELL!!!!! :banging:

jjpro11
10-09-2008, 05:08 PM
the hell with it.. i hope he knocks ed reed out of the game again the next time they play.

X-Terminator
10-09-2008, 05:08 PM
What an absolute joke the NFL has turned into under Goodell. Now players are being fined for "blocking too hard." :doh: I had issues with Tagliabue, but I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Goodell is a ball-less sack of crap.

NJarhead
10-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Any guesses on who the unnamed coach was? I bet it was Del Rio. Hines got away with a lot of sh*t in the playoff game last year, and he is always stirring things up with Mathis and Williams.

No way. Del Rio isn't the type. I'll bet it was Billick or a Raven DC.

Dino 6 Rings
10-09-2008, 05:16 PM
All this tells me is that during the games, our guys are KNOCKING THE SNOT out of their guys and their guys are crying about it.

Screw them all. Keep Hitting Them In The TEETH !

MACH1
10-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Wow. Thats not something you see to often, a receiver blocking to hard. :rolleyes:

Goodell needs to go!

klick81
10-09-2008, 05:29 PM
WOW. Goodell needs to go now. I cannot believe this BS.

NJarhead
10-09-2008, 05:37 PM
All this tells me is that during the games, our guys are KNOCKING THE SNOT out of their guys and their guys are crying about it.

Screw them all. Keep Hitting Them In The TEETH !

:iagree:

I may have said this before, and I'm sure I'll repeat it a lot; I LOVE having the only WR in the NFL that forces defenders to keep THEIR head on a swivel. :tt02:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b266/robb870/Steelers/HinesWard2.jpg

You da man Hines! ....now quit dropping passes. :chuckle:

SCSTILLER
10-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Whats next, a receiver getting flagged for catching a game winning pass!

Had to make up for my previous thread!

Goodell is a J@ck@$$, plain and simple. Let them play, and if you aren't going to let them play, dish out the fines on a level basis. I agree with almost everyone, Ben gets head slapped, hit low, horse collared, hit late, you name it, and you never hear anything about a hit on Big Ben being fined. Absolute BS in my mind.

Time for all the players in the NFL (no offense to our lady posters on the site, but) to put on their skirts and prance around the field!

HometownGal
10-09-2008, 06:04 PM
What an absolute joke the NFL has turned into under Goodell. Now players are being fined for "blocking too hard." :doh: I had issues with Tagliabue, but I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Goodell is a ball-less sack of crap.

A-FREAKIN-MEN! :thumbsup:

What a load of hooey.:mad: Ray Ray probably threatened to slice and dice Goodell, so he lowered the boom on Hines.

SteelerFanInCA
10-09-2008, 06:36 PM
That's a ridiculous fine. No flag yet still a fine. I don't get it. :frustrate

Shoes
10-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Ray Ray ( since he likes knives you can add) OJ and Goodell are all one big:moon: hole

Phenomenal TJ
10-09-2008, 07:21 PM
WOW. Goodell needs to go now. I cannot believe this BS.

Thank you. He's ruining the NFL. He's going to have them playing flag football next year, I swear.

The Ravens always cry about Ward's blocking. Wasn't Bart Scott supposed to "go after him"? Lmao.

fansince'76
10-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Thank you. He's ruining the NFL. He's going to have them playing flag football next year, I swear.

The Ravens always cry about Ward's blocking. Wasn't Bart Scott supposed to "go after him"? Lmao.

Yes. That's Goodell for you. Threatening to "kill" an opposing player in the press = OK.

Knocking an opponent on his ass with a clean block/hit = $5,000 fine.

Endemic cheating by a head coach for 7 years+ calling the integrity of the game itself into question = no suspension.

QB coach taking HGH (and not distributing to anyone else) = 5-game suspension.

Goodell's a joke.

klick81
10-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Yes. That's Goodell for you. Threatening to "kill" an opposing player in the press = OK.

Endemic cheating by a head coach for 7 years+ calling the integrity of the game itself into question = no suspension.

Goodell's a joke.

Sounds fair to me:chuckle:

Texasteel
10-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Goodell has turned the NFL into his own personal play thing. He punishes at will who ever he will, and will change his own policies to fit his own wishes. The guy is worthless.

lilyoder6
10-09-2008, 08:33 PM
he is making stupid moves... if u can't tell he has his own agenda.. then there is something wrong with u

Blitzburgh_Fever
10-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I wonder if the Steelers nation could all contribute $1 to pay for Hines Ward's fine...

I'm in for $5!

SteelersMongol
10-09-2008, 09:35 PM
This is so friggin lame.

So, guys aren't allowed to hit each other now? Welcome to the National Flag Football League, folks (except when it comes to hitting Ben - then it's anything goes). Goodell needs to go. Yesterday.

:toofunny:

Petesburgh66
10-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Completely ridiculous.

What's next, Goodell? Skirts instead of pants. I hate the direction this ass clown is taking the NFL in.

beSteelmyheart
10-09-2008, 10:19 PM
For a blue collar girl like myself, that is the equivalent of paying 50 bucks to be able to slap the #@*? out of another girl I can't stand...And not go to jail for it.
It's gotta be worth it!!!:thumbsup:

Hines0wnz
10-09-2008, 11:46 PM
It was a hype fine. People talk about it enough and league officials believe it more and this is what happens. Stupid. :blah:

steelwall
10-09-2008, 11:50 PM
I wonder if the Steelers nation could all contribute $1 to pay for Hines Ward's fine...

I'm in for $5!

Actually I think this is a good idea.:drink:

verks36
10-10-2008, 12:06 AM
the comish hating on the steelers

Steelman16
10-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Stupidest piece of crap I've seen in awhile. Even more than the Harrison fine.

Let the men play the game. They're men.

Good Deal needs to go. Immediately.

Dodt
10-10-2008, 12:34 AM
i really hope the day hines retires ,he comes back as a wr coach for the steelers to teach his style for the position .an to piss of the commiss.

The Duke
10-10-2008, 01:04 AM
i really hope the day hines retires ,he comes back as a wr coach for the steelers to teach his style for the position .an to piss of the commiss.

oh, that'd be sweet. generations and generations of steelers wide receivers playing like hines ward

that will sure piss off the softies around the league :flap:

hines just plays football the way it is supposed to be- tough :tt02:

Rhee Rhee
10-10-2008, 02:35 AM
Goodell needs to go. Yesterday.

i couldn't agree more.

KeiselPower99
10-10-2008, 02:46 AM
It is a joke. Back in the Browns game Rogers hit Ben and nothing happened now Hines or even Harrison get flagged or fined for bs reasons. I understand Goodell is trying to make a point but sometimes you can go to far.

Galax Steeler
10-10-2008, 05:35 AM
5 grand aint nothing for Hines hope he keeps playing the way he is knocking there heads off.

SteelMember
10-10-2008, 08:53 AM

Goodell's a joke.yup.

A joke with no punchline, but he needs a punch in the face...

Dino, what's your eta? :laughing:

tony hipchest
10-10-2008, 09:42 AM
i dont think i can remember another wr getting fined for this. its usually reserved for defensive players.

NJarhead
10-10-2008, 09:58 AM

I'm in for $5!

Actually I think this is a good idea.:drink:

Me too. That'd be a great statement.

Organizing it however, would be nearly impossible.

NJarhead
10-10-2008, 10:01 AM
i dont think i can remember another wr getting fined for this. its usually reserved for defensive players.

See, and that is kind of a positive I think; "My Wide Reciever can beat up your Safety." :flap:

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Is this turning into a powder puff league?

Hines4ever
10-10-2008, 10:51 AM

I'm in for $5!

How cool would that be????? What a testament to Steeler Nation!!!!!! We could as a group make Goodall look more of an :moon: Someone call the paper!!!!!!! Let's do this......I'm in for 20!!!!!!!!

steelpride12
10-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Now all these fining's are a little ridiculous. Remember refs this is football, and yes that means some contact.
Penalty's and fines truly kill the sport of football, now when they go back out and play they probably will lay back and you always want a player to go out and give it there all.
UN-called for.

Hines4ever
10-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Kudos to Biltzburgh_Fever for the idea of us banning together and donate $1 or more for Hines' fine. Someone said it would be impossible to organize but maybe there is a way......
Not that Hines would accept or even needs the money but what a testament to Steeler Nation and the true devotion, love and loyalty we have for our guys!!!!!! Not to mention sending a message that the fine is bogus!
Here's my idea....what if someone made contact with one of the news papers sports writers and proposes the idea.....maybe someone there would agree to be the person responsible for receiving the donations.....and I'm almost sure the gesture would get some press.....
How cool would this be?????:tt:

kmsteelerwr15
10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Is this turning into a powder puff league?

the Hell it is, the last few years at my high school the games were very physical. i remember being at one practice and this one girl basically clotheslined another and she ended up shedding some blood. Actually i heard they cancelled the game for this year haha

so on my own experiences it lloks like that powder puff is more physical than the NFL :mad:

MACH1
10-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Kudos to Biltzburgh_Fever for the idea of us banning together and donate $1 or more for Hines' fine. Someone said it would be impossible to organize but maybe there is a way......
Not that Hines would accept or even needs the money but what a testament to Steeler Nation and the true devotion, love and loyalty we have for our guys!!!!!! Not to mention sending a message that the fine is bogus!
Here's my idea....what if someone made contact with one of the news papers sports writers and proposes the idea.....maybe someone there would agree to be the person responsible for receiving the donations.....and I'm almost sure the gesture would get some press.....
How cool would this be?????:tt:

Its a nice idea, but he has a he!! of a lot more money than most if not all of us. Yes its only $1. but five grand is pocket change to these millionaires. I think he can afford it.

RunWillieRun
10-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Does anybody know if a video clip of Hines' block is available?

Thanks!

Dino 6 Rings
10-10-2008, 05:06 PM
He can fine all he wants, as long as our Steelers keep hitting people hard and playing tough and keeping their chin straps buckled up, they can pay off the fines with the playoff bonus checks they are going to receive.

tyler289
10-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Where's the fine for Shaun Rogers' 2-second late hit on Ben in week 2?

Aussie_steeler
10-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I expect Hines to rack up an extra 50k in fines this season going by that hit.

Revenue raising by Goddell - and if that is his new standard then the NFL is going to be collecting a lot of fines.

MrsShutdown24
10-10-2008, 08:40 PM
HINES WARD FINED $5,000 FOR UNNECESSARY ROUGHNESS
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 9, 2008, 12:40 p.m. EDT
Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward has been fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness during Pittsburgh’s September 29 game against the Ravens.

Ward says he thinks he knows which hit drew the fine, but that he’s baffled that he’s getting fined even though he was not penalized on the play.

“That’s what’s so crazy about it,” Ward said. “How do you not get penalized but you get a fine? It was on [Ravens cornerback] Corey Ivy, I think. I don’t know. All I saw was the letter, $5,000 for unnecessary roughness.”

Ward is known as one of the toughest blockers in the league among wide receivers, and one unnamed coach said during the off-season that Ward is the dirtiest player in the NFL. But Ward’s point in this case is basically, If the officials didn’t throw a flag, what could he have done wrong?

Of course, players get fined all the time for plays on which they weren’t penalized. And Ward seems to know that, because he says he’s probably not going to bother with an appeal.

Oh, WOW!

lilyoder6
10-10-2008, 10:34 PM
this is lame of roger... he is taking away evrything that is fun in this league.. next we have to wear all pats color's as our uniform's

steelwall
10-11-2008, 01:50 AM
I was just wondering.....were does all this fine money go to? Does anyone know?

steel striker
10-11-2008, 09:12 AM
All of you guys have said it already but, come on comis. Ben takes two late hits one from Rogers in the browns game and, one from Ray Lewis in the ratbird game. My god if that had happened to Manning those players might have been suspended. lol Whats next Ben will get fined for running over someone? Or better yet Ben will get fined for not going down easy? This is the NFL and, touch or flag football. I hope Hines keeps hitting people and, the next time we play the rats I hope he knocks Scott or Lewis out of the game!

Texasteel
10-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Look guys, it's as simple as this. Unless someone actually shots Ben while on the field there will be no flag, and no fine.
Where as the only reason they don't put a skirt on Brady is that if he did accidentally fall down someone may see what gender he/she really is.