steelpride12
10-10-2008, 05:32 PM
True, but pointless thread.

MasterOfPuppets
10-10-2008, 05:48 PM
:pw:

hizmi
10-10-2008, 05:52 PM
I'll try and add some substance to this thread...

Harrison is actually fairly old, but considering he's been a backup for most of his career, does his "low mileage" mean he has a few years in his prime left?

I'm really excited about the "Bloodhounds" (the official nickname for Woodley/Harrison), but I'm wondering how long it will last.

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I'll try and add some substance to this thread...

Harrison is actually fairly old, but considering he's been a backup for most of his career, does his "low mileage" mean he has a few years in his prime left?

I'm really excited about the "Bloodhounds" (the official nickname for Woodley/Harrison), but I'm wondering how long it will last.

I don't think Harrison will be a Steeler after '09. I just don't think we'll give him the money he will be looking for. Woodley should be recieving a nice 6 year extension after this year.

Hapa
10-10-2008, 06:10 PM
He's a monster.

The Duke
10-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I don't think Harrison will be a Steeler after '09. I just don't think we'll give him the money he will be looking for. Woodley should be recieving a nice 6 year extension after this year.

yeah, that's likely what will happen

but hey, let's enjoy this beast while we have him. he's certainly exceeded most people's expectations, and will continue to get better

bruce davis- learn from this guy

steelwall
10-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I would hope Harrison would want to remain a Steeler, perhaps unlikely, but I personally would like to see him remain a Steeler for about 3 more years.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-10-2008, 06:30 PM
I personally think Harrison loves being a Steeler.

Who knows, he might be willing to take less money to stay, some players do. It depends on what's important to him...being on a team that competes for Super Bowls or getting the huge fat contract to play for a team that'll be lucky to compete for a .500 record.

lilyoder6
10-10-2008, 09:44 PM
i would hope to see davis put on some weight and come on like woodly did.. that would be nice.... i wouldn't mind having woodly,davis and timmons being 3 out of the 4 starting lb's in our def

Tankus_Maximus
10-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Harrison plays the game p !ssed off. And that is a great Steeler tradition...Lambert...Lloyd....Harrison?

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-11-2008, 12:06 AM

True. I think the Steelers will be outbid for Harrison after 2009 season, but he will then be 32 years old. While I think he has a lot left in the tank....the Steelers dont pay big $$ for aging linebackers.

I think they are hoping Bruce Davis will be the heir for 2010, but the kid has to show some kind of a motor. Even as a special teamer he is the last guy to show up to make a tackle.

klick81
10-11-2008, 12:09 AM
I personally think Harrison loves being a Steeler.

Who knows, he might be willing to take less money to stay, some players do. It depends on what's important to him...being on a team that competes for Super Bowls or getting the huge fat contract to play for a team that'll be lucky to compete for a .500 record.

Harrison is a mercenary. He will kill for the highest bidder, so I doubt he'll stay with the Steelers when it comes down to $$$ matters.

steelwall
10-11-2008, 12:56 AM
If Harrison goes thats too bad, but we have a good core of linebackers outside of him, argueably the best. We allways manage to get good line backers.

One thing I don't get about about these NFL players (not saying Harrison is one of them)

Me I' rather take a pay cut (when we say pay cut, hell.....we're still making millions) to stay with a team I've been with and made friend with other members, not to mention a team like the Steelers who have just as good a chance to win a super bowl as any of the other top contenders.

Why would you want to go to a team like the Raiders (or the like)....yeah you'll make some loot but you'll never be remembered for anything.

Steelman16
10-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Let's just put it this way. It'll be a sad day when he leaves town. He's an absolute monster. But, right now I'm totally enjoying he and Woodley go at it every week. One of the better LB tandems we've had in quite awhile.

SteelersMongol
10-11-2008, 09:10 AM
It would suck big time if he decides 2 leave us 4 bigger $. V all know the Rooneys R not gonna write a huge check 4 players who goes over 30s.

lilyoder6
10-11-2008, 09:35 AM
it still 2 yrs away... lets just now focus on this yr

Leftoverhard
10-11-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts. We're lucky to have the guy.

Shoes
10-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Rooney's are too cheap...maybe Druck will buy the team still :chuckle:

Stu Pidasso
10-11-2008, 08:21 PM
His picture even scares me. JH is my favorite player on the team. FOrget while he's on defense, look what the monster does on special teams. Destroys people...

Rhee Rhee
10-12-2008, 02:05 AM
I don't think Harrison will be a Steeler after '09. I just don't think we'll give him the money he will be looking for.

very true. but he could also pull a farrior and resign...

right now im not sure what to think of bruce davis. i havent seen much of him on special teams making plays as timmons did last season however i will reserve opinions about him till next offseason as he adjusts to the speed nd strength of NFL players...

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2008, 04:03 AM
very true. but he could also pull a farrior and resign...

right now im not sure what to think of bruce davis. i havent seen much of him on special teams making plays as timmons did last season however i will reserve opinions about him till next offseason as he adjusts to the speed nd strength of NFL players...
does he even dress for games?

Boomerang
10-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Would be great to hang on to Harrison but guess we will have to wait until $ have been discussed.