PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Wilson fined 25 K for hit on Edwards

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Seriously? Goodell is ruining this league. That was a clean hit and it happens on pretty much every play. Edwards didn't even get a concussion until hit head hit the ground. Goodell needs to stop being a power profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter.

Preacher
10-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Seriously? Goodell is ruining this league. That was a clean hit and it happens on pretty much every play. Edwards didn't even get a concussion until hit head hit the ground. Goodell needs to stop being a power profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter.

I disagree.... He DROVE his helment into Edwards helmet from what I saw. THAT is illegal, and deserves a fine.

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I disagree.... He DROVE his helment into Edwards helmet from what I saw. THAT is illegal, and deserves a fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53fHB-13Vpc

Umm...what? He didn't DRIVE him into the ground. He stopped driving his legs once he hit him and he let go of him in the air. just becaue someone lands on top of them doesn't mean he DROVE him into the ground. BS call by the NFL.

The Duke
10-10-2008, 06:21 PM
only fine I actually agree with this week

Edwards didn't even get a concussion until hit head hit the ground.

sorry, but that doesn't make it legal

harrison, ward and the dolphins fines are BS though

Blonde Bomber
10-10-2008, 06:23 PM
You may or may not be able to protest this at this e-mail.

rog@patriots.com

:laughing::chuckle:

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-10-2008, 06:33 PM
You may or may not be able to protest this at this e-mail.

rog@patriots.com

:laughing::chuckle:

:hatsoff:

MasterOfPuppets
10-10-2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53fHB-13Vpc

Umm...what? He didn't DRIVE him into the ground. He stopped driving his legs once he hit him and he let go of him in the air. just becaue someone lands on top of them doesn't mean he DROVE him into the ground. BS call by the NFL.
yup B.S. CALL !!! looks like the ball is only 3ft from his hand when contact is made, so late hit is outta the question. i don't see helmet to jelmet, he wasn't leading with his head....it was more chest to chest.....the guy was coming full speed, so of course he popped him. i don't see how he could've avoided the collision if he wanted to. this was just as clean as the harrison hit that everybody here protested. these players being unfairly fined should file a lawsuit against goodell. or the players union should go on strike until the idiot is removed from the league.

fansince'76
10-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Looked like an unavoidable (and clean) hit to me. More overreaction by that clown of a commissioner.

Preacher
10-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Hmmm...

If I can, I'll have to go back and look at the hit,

from recollection, I thought that when Edwards hit the ground, the D drove his helmet back into Edwards helmet, and that was where the problem and fine came from....

Other than that, I didn't have a problem with that hit. Anyone got a link? I'd like to take a look at it again.

fansince'76
10-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Hmmm...

If I can, I'll have to go back and look at the hit,

from recollection, I thought that when Edwards hit the ground, the D drove his helmet back into Edwards helmet, and that was where the problem and fine came from....

Other than that, I didn't have a problem with that hit. Anyone got a link? I'd like to take a look at it again.

53fHB-13Vpc

I see what you're saying about the helmet-to-helmet contact on the ground, but I honestly don't see how that was avoidable either. Sucks that Edwards got a concussion out of it, though.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Looked clean to me.

Just put a skirt on all the QB's but Ben.

Someone needs to explain to Goodell that this is football, not soccer.

I watch the game partly because I want to see hits like that. It's a violent sport. People will get hit, people will get concussions.

steelersfanman92
10-10-2008, 08:56 PM
There was nothing illegal about that hit, it was a perfectly clean play and Goodell needs to understant that in a game like football that injuries occure and that he doesnt need to fine a player when they hurt someone

lilyoder6
10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
wow, this is just sad.. roger flip flops so much it isn't funny..

Hines0wnz
10-12-2008, 06:05 PM
I think it is borderline at worst. The commish has a quick trigger for fining players and it is getting annoying.