PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Choice

Livinginthe past
12-03-2005, 05:51 AM
Steeler fans,

Which scenario would you rather?

1. The current one where you are challenging every year but dont seem to have enough in the tank to get to the big game and win it.

2. A GUARANTEED SB win this year - followed by 4 years of not reaching the playoffs.

The choice is yours....do you pick bragging rights over most of your division rivals for the next 5....or you got take the one shot at glory...so at least you have a 3 Games To Glory type DVD to re-live in the dark moments?

Cheers

NM

steeler47
12-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Steeler fans,

Which scenario would you rather?

1. The current one where you are challenging every year but dont seem to have enough in the tank to get to the big game and win it.

2. A GUARANTEED SB win this year - followed by 4 years of not reaching the playoffs.

The choice is yours....do you pick bragging rights over most of your division rivals for the next 5....or you got take the one shot at glory...so at least you have a 3 Games To Glory type DVD to re-live in the dark moments?

Cheers

NM

There should be a third choice............We keep winning play-off games as we do every year and a few more SB's.but the ne sports teams never win again for another 100 years.I'll take # 3.:boxing:

SteelR1
12-03-2005, 09:41 AM
#1, one day there WILL be a delivery truck to top it off, and possibly over flow the tank. THEN IT WILL BE OUR TURN!!!!

Suitanim
12-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Esy...take the SB win. It's the whole "Bird in the hand" thing. Who knows, maybe bin Laden let's off some dirty nuke and destroys a bunch of cities, or mad cow or the bird flu cause a pandemic, or Big Ben gets hit by a bus, or...

You get the point. Since most Steelers fans are not the fair weather type, enduring 4 years of mediocrity will just make the next Sper Bowl runs that much more sweet.

SteelCityMan786
12-03-2005, 10:37 AM
I'll Take Choice 4. WE WIN THE SUPER BOWL EVERY YEAR!

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-03-2005, 11:20 AM
That might get boring after the first fifty,or sixty wins.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2005, 11:46 AM
I want a SB win !!! gimme that Trophy !!! We're haven't won that one for the thumb yet and I want it soooooo bad !!!

Being successful every year is great, but the broken hearts in january are even worse !!

But I do think 786 has the best option :tt: :tt:

SteelCityMan786
12-03-2005, 12:20 PM
I want a SB win !!! gimme that Trophy !!! We're haven't won that one for the thumb yet and I want it soooooo bad !!!

Being successful every year is great, but the broken hearts in january are even worse !!

But I do think 786 has the best option :tt: :tt:

I think BRC knows who to aggree with very well. Major Props man.:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

tony hipchest
12-03-2005, 01:04 PM
if the scenario means fielding competitive teams who go 8-8, 9-7, 10-6 and miss the playoffs id easilly take the sb.

if it means turning into a shithole of a franchise and laughing stock of the nfl, like the bungles, browns and cardinals have been, i would prefer taking chances going to the playoffs every year.

clevestinks
12-03-2005, 01:29 PM
I`ll take the second. I want to be competitive, year after year, and hopefully win it. I`m not selling my soul to the devil for one ring!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2005, 01:58 PM
All the arguements are valid and everyone makes great points..but they're are variables here such as how bad or not competive are we during the next 4 years... and after that is the SB fair game then ?

this is kinda fun, but damn I want that lombardi trophy back in Pittsburgh !

tony hipchest
12-03-2005, 02:12 PM
All the arguements are valid and everyone makes great points..but they're are variables here such as how bad or not competive are we during the next 4 years... and after that is the SB fair game then ?

this is kinda fun, but damn I want that lombardi trophy back in Pittsburgh !

on that note i say we make a push for a cheap terrell owens next season. 4 million a year. after cutting c. willsons 2 million a year we are upgrading at wr for an extra 2 million. steelers are closer to winning the sb than cowboys and they are not the only team with enough veteran leadership and good coach to tame his ego and handle his antics. you thin ben would put up with him talking shit? it would also be a good reason to swithc from the run 1st philosophy everyone seems to think will never work. cutting wilson and duce would make t.o. very affordable

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2005, 02:16 PM
also too.. after the 4 years do we go back to the way we are now or are we starting over from scratch w/ a new team.

yeah im reading into this way too much but its an interesting debate ! :cheers:

bigbensgirl7
12-03-2005, 02:45 PM
The Ring will come in time...although the heartbreak sucks every Jan. I wouldn't trade it for the world-there's nothing like the playoffs and football in Jan! The Steelers have a winning tradition and that's what makes it so much fun to be a Steelers Fan!!!!

SalukiSteelers
12-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Given those limited options, I'll take the SB win. I tell you what it sounds, though. It sounds like you're really asking yourself if you can deal with four years of missing the playoffs, Living.

I wouldn't be surprised if YOUR team started living in THEIR past. You know, the one where YOUR guys fall back to the pack. Good thing the AFC east is the worst conference in the NFL or the Pats would be working on their first year of missing the playoffs.

StillerPaul
12-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Esy...take the SB win. It's the whole "Bird in the hand" thing. Who knows, maybe bin Laden let's off some dirty nuke and destroys a bunch of cities, or mad cow or the bird flu cause a pandemic, or Big Ben gets hit by a bus, or...

You get the point. Since most Steelers fans are not the fair weather type, enduring 4 years of mediocrity will just make the next Sper Bowl runs that much more sweet.

I agree with this post. Given the choice of the 2, i'd wayyyyyy rather have the SB win. That 2 weeks leading up to the Bowl, capped off with a trophy presentation, followed by months of celebration really would make up for the 4 years of mediocrity we'd face IMO.

Koopa
12-03-2005, 03:56 PM
i'll take the for sure super bowl.....cause if you're going to the playoffs year after year and not winning it, it's like not going to the playoffs for 4 years anyway, so give me that one for the thumb and i'll be satisfied for the rest of my life cause well i've never witnessed us win shit only on espn classic

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Can you imagine the celebration in down town Pittsburgh after the super bowl win !! It'd be like nothing the city has ever seen !!!! :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

Prosdo
12-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Wow, it would be amazing. Pittsburgh is hungry for another one and to win it the city would go all out!

Koopa
12-03-2005, 04:00 PM
I`ll take the second. I want to be competitive, year after year, and hopefully win it. I`m not selling my soul to the devil for one ring!

lol, aww what's four years?????? in those four years we can get some great draft picks and then we'll be right back into it

clevestinks
12-03-2005, 04:06 PM
lol, aww what's four years?????? in those four years we can get some great draft picks and then we'll be right back into it

Well first I need to know how bad we would be? Four years is along time! And living in brownie territory, I would be a fist fighting everyday! LOL

I hate the heartbreak! But at least there is a chance, and excitement all season! Losing year after year, we might have to change our uniforms to orange or something gross like that! LOL:grin:

BB2W
12-03-2005, 04:07 PM
I have never been a Superbowl or nothing fan... I would rather be competitive year in and year out. You are bound to win one eventually if you continue to put yourself in contention at the of the year. I am more miserable during the seasons where we don't go to the playoffs, than I am when we do go and get eliminated

Prosdo
12-03-2005, 04:09 PM
I have never been a Superbowl or nothing fan... I would rather be competitive year in and year out. You are bound to win one eventually if you continue to put yourself in contention at the of the year. I am more miserable during the seasons where we don't go to the playoffs, than I am when we do go and get eliminated

I have to go with BB2W here. I would be miserable watching the Steelers hit the top like that and then fall.

Koopa
12-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Well first I need to know how bad we would be? Four years is along time! And living in brownie territory, I would be a fist fighting everyday! LOL

I hate the heartbreak! But at least there is a chance, and excitement all season! Losing year after year, we might have to change our uniforms to orange or something gross like that! LOL:grin:

even though this is livin thread i'll be more specific, lets say we go 8-8 the first year, 7-9 second, 9-7 third, and 6-10 the next. but we sweep the browns each year. then after that we are back to competeing every year

clevestinks
12-03-2005, 04:16 PM
KK, I still don`t know? I like the beating the brownie thing.

Lets say we didnt take the gauranteed ring! Do we still have a shot at winning it!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2005, 10:59 PM
We need to sweep the Ratbirds too for it to be legit !!

pitt
12-04-2005, 02:28 AM

LOL That works for me!

SteelCityMan786
12-04-2005, 01:07 PM
LOL That works for me!

Good To See People Aggree That choice 4 Is Best. I take being Super Bowl Champions EVERY YEAR!