PDA

View Full Version : Winslow mystery hospitalization

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-11-2008, 01:20 AM
no wonder it's a mystery who would want the world to know this? ....okay boys grab your crotches cause just the thought of this is gonna hurt.

From profootballtalk.com

Rumor has it that Winslow is suffering from Hydrocele

A league source tells us that the talk among the Browns is that tight end Kellen Winslow landed in the Cleveland Clinic because his balls swelled to the size of grapefruits.

(We think that technical term is testiculus coconutus.)

Actually, one explanation for the situation is a condition known as hyrdocele. And while the condition in itself isnt serious, it could be a symptom of testicular cancer.

And, yeah, I squirmed in my chair the entire time I typed this.

Steelman16
10-11-2008, 01:23 AM
:toofunny:

hizmi
10-11-2008, 02:05 AM
I've actually had this happen to me, though it had nothing to with cancer, but rather massive water retention resulting from a kidney ailment. Suffice to say, it is a rather interesting experience, and one that can be quite painful it it gets ahem too big (I literally couldn't walk for a few days).

I'm not Winslow's biggest fan, but I hope this has nothing to do with testicular cancer.

MACH1
10-11-2008, 02:15 AM
I guess no one can say he doesn't have a pair. :grin:

Mosca
10-11-2008, 08:54 AM
I've actually had this happen to me, though it had nothing to with cancer, but rather massive water retention resulting from a kidney ailment. Suffice to say, it is a rather interesting experience, and one that can be quite painful it it gets ahem too big (I literally couldn't walk for a few days).

I'm not Winslow's biggest fan, but I hope this has nothing to do with testicular cancer.

Yeah, I have this in one testicle, and sometimes it can be really painful. I'm getting it operated on this December. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

stillers4me
10-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Can't relate......... :noidea:

But it doesn't sound like anything I'd want to experiance if I could.

I'm no Winslow fan, but I sure hope it's nothing serious.

stillers4me
10-11-2008, 09:35 AM
This just in.......

WINSLOW ON ANTIBIOTICS FOR INFECTION
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 11, 2008, 10:15 a.m.
A league source tells PFT that Browns tight end Kellen Winslow is currently in the Cleveland Clinic receiving antibiotic treatments for an infection.

Per the source, it’s still iffy whether he will be ready to go for Monday night’s home game against the Giants.

Winslow’s condition has been the subject of much talk in league circles in the last couple of days. He spent the night in the hospital after missing practice Thursday, and then unexpectedly spent another night in the hospital Friday.

Browns coach Romeo Crennel has been vague, other than to say that Winslow’s arms and legs aren’t falling off. We’ve previously heard that Winslow has swelling in a certain area where he’d prefer not to have swelling.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Oh geez...........don't tell me he has a staph infection THERE. :sofunny:

Petesburgh66
10-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I didn't know the Cleveland Browns had any balls.

Preacher
10-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Here's hoping he doesn't have anything near the seriousness of testicular cancer.

xfl2001fan
10-11-2008, 07:23 PM
I didn't know the Cleveland Browns had any balls.

After returning and being just shy of the Joke of the league (thank you Matt Millen) for many years, you'd have to have balls to suit up and call yourself a team.

Even this season...it's pitiful.

stillers4me
10-11-2008, 08:13 PM
After returning and being just shy of the Joke of the league (thank you Matt Millen) for many years, you'd have to have balls to suit up and call yourself a team.

Even this season...it's pitiful.

:sofunny:

Never fear, xfl2001fan......... you may get your chance to beat us on Dec. 28. That's when we'll be sitting our starters. :wink02:

Petesburgh66
10-11-2008, 08:39 PM
My balls comment was a joke. I hope this isn't serious.

But seriously, is there something weird going on in Cleveland? From staph infections to this.

9-5
10-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Good to know its only an infection. I hope he suits up.

revefsreleets
10-11-2008, 09:51 PM
It's really "ClevelandBrownitus". It's a disease that affects talented players immediately upon their signing a contract with the cursed Browns franchise.

The symptoms vary, but the end result is always the same. Big contracts and little actual on-field contribution.

CURSED. FRANCHISE.

beSteelmyheart
10-11-2008, 10:01 PM
After the staph infection thing , wouldn't you think that the Browns would find another place to care for the players? Or is the Cleveland Clinic the only one that's available in the area? I don't get it, if my family suffered at the hands of one place I would surely be looking for another place to go.

Rhee Rhee
10-12-2008, 02:12 AM
winslow is a talent and to see something that could be testicular cancer is worrysome even for a brownie.

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2008, 02:31 AM

Even this season...it's pitiful.hey.....at least the brownies got a lot of pre season luv !!! i meen the experts gave em the north trophy before the season started.....thats gotta make ya feel pretty good.....:thumbsup:

:toofunny:........:rofl:

xfl2001fan
10-12-2008, 12:55 PM
We've beaten one team. The Bungles. What's to feel good about?

Preacher
10-12-2008, 07:12 PM
We've beaten one team. The Bungles. What's to feel good about?

That you're not the Bungles!!!!!

:rofl:

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2008, 07:20 PM
That you're not the Bungles!!!!!

:rofl:there ya go !!! now how bout a little smiiiiiiile :excited:

:rofl:........:pde:..... i think i pee'd a little....

tony hipchest
10-14-2008, 03:14 PM
theres a certain AC/DC song that should be played on their next road game during introductions, once he returns.

STEELAMANIA
10-15-2008, 01:58 PM
OUCH

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Weve previously heard that Winslow has swelling in a certain area where hed prefer not to have swelling.

If Porter was correct....this could be...the shower area after a game.:shower:

SteelMember
10-15-2008, 02:59 PM
At least as browns fans are concerned, he won't be riding any motorcycles for awhile. ouch!

lilyoder6
10-15-2008, 03:19 PM
he probably got staph like every other player in the browns lockers

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
07-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Winslow "fessed up" to his inflated balls....

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/browns/2009/07/20/winslow-reveals-staph-details/

Gentlemen be prepared it is graphic.

Describing Winslow's treatment, Wickersham quoted Winslow as saying, "They had to drain it. They had a scalpel. They cut into it. I had to clean it every day with a Q-Tip, for two and a half weeks. It was the most painful thing I've ever been through."

tony hipchest
07-20-2009, 11:52 PM
nice bump.

congrats to winslow for getting the hell out of there. i know no steelerfan likes winslow or will be sympathetic, but really, nobody deserves that punishment regardless of what a douche they may be.

heres to a certain AC/DC song being the puss filled browns fight song for next season. :cheers:

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-21-2009, 12:03 AM
I am not a fan of Winslow and his act, but I'm happy that it all worked out OK for him in the end. I work in the medical field and every time I see the word "prostatectomy" I overload on any source of lycopene I can find.

I guess staying in Cleveland and risking that wasnt worth whatever they were offering in compensation. Best wishes K2.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-21-2009, 12:43 PM
From things I have read from his time at Miami to his days with the Browns, he was a complete douche to a lot of teammates and staffers.

However, I met him a few times (was wearing Steelers gear a few times) and he was always friendly and joking.

I don't wish staph on anyone, especially in their testicles. I mean damn, that had to suck. He's probably happy in Tampa. Closer to his alma mater, good weather, no rash of staph infections on the team.