PDA

View Full Version : Northern Virginia Steeler FANS!!

SteelerFive
01-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Raise your thumbs and get ready for NUMBER FIVE!!

Local Steeler bar in the area: The Shade Tree (Centreville, VA). Of course, TRUE Steeler Fans have it going on at home, with kielbasa/kraut in the crock, "Roethlis-burghers" on the grill, and icy cold brews in the cooler.

Here we go, PITTSBURGH, Here we go!!

Hamer
07-05-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm going to be living way down in southern Va this fall- Norfolk. I know it's not your area, but have you heard of any Steeler hangouts down there?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-05-2005, 05:48 PM
I was born in Portsmouth.. been quite a while since Ive been back in the area at all in VA. Although I will be passing thru your state next week on my way to NC.

Welcome to SF !!

Ironman
07-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Blitz- Where are you going in NC?

BB2W
07-05-2005, 06:49 PM
My guess is here....http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=734

clevestinks
07-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Welcome to the site VA.

Soldier4Steelers
09-21-2005, 06:09 AM
so the shade tree... any other NOVA steeler hang outs?

Ambridge
09-21-2005, 08:25 AM
What's going on SteelerFive?
You're not too far away from Dale City.

BTW there's another huge Steeler Bar in Lake Ridge, Va. called Brittany's.
:chug:

Crawdaddye
01-10-2006, 02:37 PM
I live in the Herndon/Reston area and want to know what the best Steelers bars are in the area. I'd be willing to drive anywhere within 60 miles to watch the game Sunday at an intense packed Steeler bar.

Any advice is appreciated.

Ambridge
01-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I live in the Herndon/Reston area and want to know what the best Steelers bars are in the area. I'd be willing to drive anywhere within 60 miles to watch the game Sunday at an intense packed Steeler bar.

Any advice is appreciated.

http://pages.princewilliamcounty.com/dining/brittanys.htm
You wont be disappointed in Brittany's
It's a 100% Steeler Bar and it's probably only about 45 minutes from you.

Crawdaddye
01-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the advice!

JROC27
01-17-2006, 01:43 PM
My name's Jordan. I live in Pittsburgh now, but im moving to Manassas on wednesday. Can anyone give me come tips on 1) how to use this thing and 2) where to go to watch my boys?

Statik
01-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Anyone in Fairfax area, Fast Eddies off of Rte 50 (by the harley davidson dealership) is a definite steelers bar, been going for 2 years.....huge wall screen projection, steelers songs pumped in and CRAZY A$$ FANS!!!

Mr. Clean
01-17-2006, 06:14 PM
I used to know a bunch of places in Northern Virginia, but I left there eleven years ago and returned home.

I remember going to Brittany's in the early 1990s, before DirecTV existed. They used to have so many problems getting the games, but not anymore. They do have good food.

There is a place in DC, used to be called Politiki's on Pennsylvania Avenue SE real cose to the Capitol. There are now three levels of TV screens to accomodate all the DPs "displaced Pittsburghers" who are stuck in the evil clutches of the DC area.
You can check it out. It 's also a great way to make friends.

I met my best friend in Mr. Day's in DC, where we used to share the place with Packer fans back in 1989. He introduced me to my wife. We have both since returned to the ?Burgh.

Kicktime
01-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know the name of the bar that advertises in the Friday "Weekend" section of the Wash. Post with the pirate picture saying "Yins"? I was trying to tell a friend about it, but can not find the ad anymore.

meme
01-24-2006, 01:29 PM
I live in Maryland, but my boyfriend lives in Centreville and there are alot more Steelers bars by him then by me. I usually go to the Orginial Steakhouse in Asburn, which is full of steelers fans. There's also KC's in Manasses.

If you want a full list of Steelers bars by state go to:
http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/steelerbars_list.asp

GoStillersGo
01-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Ramparts in Alexandria, VA was a big Steelers hangout when I was in town. The owner is/was a Steelers fan...

cbalke
07-11-2006, 04:35 PM
www.virginiablackandgold.com

that's the website of the state-wide fan club. we're also trying to get a location up near Winchester/Front Royal. there's plenty of places to watch, that's for sure. :)

LetsRock
08-09-2006, 07:18 AM
The best Steeler bar in Northern VA is "Fast Eddie's" in Fairfax. That is were the Northern Va Black and Gold club regularly meets. If you want to "mix it up" and talk some trash, then "Glory Days" in Centreville is the place to be. There you can woof at the Philly and Redskins fans and gloat at the end of the game. Nowdays I prefer to party at my house in my basement home theater. Nothing beats watching the Steelers on a 110" HD projector except being at the game.

cbalke
08-16-2006, 05:43 PM
letsrock - ever been to brittany's in woodbridge for a game? IMO, best place ever.... ;)

steelerbabe13
09-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Anyone in Fairfax area, Fast Eddies off of Rte 50 (by the harley davidson dealership) is a definite steelers bar, been going for 2 years.....huge wall screen projection, steelers songs pumped in and CRAZY A$$ FANS!!!
I too have gone to Fast Eddies great place with lots of info on other people and places for fan clubs etc. I know there are quite a few..there was one in Alexandria, but I forget the name...when I go by there today I will look and see.

Lyn
09-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Welcome to SF :sign04:

steelerbabe13
09-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Thank you...good to be here!:cheer:

CurtainClsr
01-12-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm in NOVA also... anyone interested in a get together when we make it to the Superbowl? Live on Lake Jackson... Let me know if you're interested.

stlrz fan
01-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Leesburg checking in here. Fairly new sports bar in Ashburn (Claiborne Parkway) Rumor has it they have Iron on tap and very Steeler friendly. Bunkers in Leesburg has about 50 TVs

wuudey
06-17-2009, 06:41 PM
A new establishment is opening real soon in Warrenton, VA. Coach Mike currently has On the Run Sports, mainly a running store who is a PA native, and or course a die hard Steelers fan. He also sells Steelers and Penguins merchandise. He is in the process of moving and opening a bigger and better place and part of which looks like it is going to be called Iron City Hot Dog Shop, cold beer, hot dogs, and Steelers football. Loks like maybe 3-4 weeks (give or take either way) for the opening. I'll keep everyone posted. We want the Warrenton area to breath and bleed Black and Gold. Does anyone feel lucky about the number 7 now?? Are we ever glad that we have BIG BEN now

Jackal
08-26-2009, 03:23 PM
In Arlington & Alexandria-

Crystal City Sports Pub & Bailey's Bar and Grill (neither "official" Steelers bars, but plenty of black-n-gold fans.)

Southside 815 in Alexandria is a Steelers bar and has some tasty southern-style food to boot. I caught a few games there last season before packing up and moving back to Pittsburgh...it's a small place, but has a great vibe.

Jackal
09-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Jackal,

Your sig makes me sick... lol... I have to see those idiots everyday.. I wish my location said what yours said... I HATE the color purple... Why would any man be proud to wear that color?

I feel for you, wirels. I never had the misfortune of living right around B-more, but having to go there every month or so while I was in DC was bad enough.

I'll say a little prayer for you that you, too, can one day return to the "land of milk and honey"...hehehe.

P.S.- Purple's a natural color for Ravens fans...it's the official color of bruises...and the Artist Formerly Known as Prince.