PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Trade: merriman to steelers

XxKnightxX
10-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Ive managed to stumble upon this article about the reporters fantasy trades

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8661522/These-trades-wouldn't-be-a-bad-idea?MSNHPHCP&gt1=39002

Chargers LB Shawne Merriman to the Steelers: The Chargers don't appear to be ready and willing to open up the wallet and shell out the monster contract that's on the horizon. Trade him now to avoid the circus in the offseason and let him rehab his knee the way his future employer wants him to. I picked the Steelers because, well, just think about it Merriman in Dick LeBeau's defensive scheme? Oh my goodness! He could average 25 sacks a year, especially when you consider he'll line up weekly with two other Pro Bowl linebackers. I know it's a fantasy, but in my demented little mind it's a perfect fit

Now Im a realist and its a fact, Merriman to the Steelers is just too expensive, too risky regarding his two torn ligaments, and I really liked Woodley when drafted and I knew of Harrisons potential when he stepped in for Haggans during the 05 season if anyone can remember that. But other than that if I were La La land man Merriman in this defense he would be a force without a doubt.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Has Jay Glazer even have a clue on whats going on this season so far...Harrison has 6.5 sacks and Woodley 5.5.......There is no need for an starting OL on this team....I specially want no part of Merriman with him coming off two torn knee ligaments...

Steeler in Carolina
10-12-2008, 09:52 AM
I think the purpose of this trade is just saying what Merriman would do in the Pittsburgh system. Jay Glazer knows it will never happen.

steelpride12
10-12-2008, 10:01 AM
What do we need Merriman for? We have two pro bowl Outside Linebackers.

lilyoder6
10-12-2008, 10:33 AM
he is saying that since merriman had so many sacks last yr.. if he was in pittsburgh and under dl coaching he could have monster season's w/ 20 plus sacks

Preacher
10-12-2008, 10:40 AM
It is this guys' fantasy.

However, if Merriman did come here and there was a position for him, I don't think he would last on this team.

I don't know, something tells me he is an Anthony Smith type... all the physical skills, but a knucklehead.

As much as I like A. Smith.. I don't want knuckleheads on my team.

fansince'76
10-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Well, since we're talking pie-in-the-sky trades that will never happen where the salary cap is no object, I'd rather have Joe Thomas. :coffee:

RoethlisBURGHer
10-12-2008, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't want the 'roider on my team anyhow.

SteelersTilIDie
10-12-2008, 11:31 AM
It is this guys' fantasy.

However, if Merriman did come here and there was a position for him, I don't think he would last on this team.

I don't know, something tells me he is an Anthony Smith type... all the physical skills, but a knucklehead.

As much as I like A. Smith.. I don't want knuckleheads on my team.

last time I checked it's Pittsburgh's team...not urs!

43Hitman
10-12-2008, 11:37 AM
last time I checked it's Pittsburgh's team...not urs!

How astute of you..:doh: Often time fans take on personal feeling towards their favorite team. And referring to it as our team is just an endearment to how much we like "our" team.

Hines0wnz
10-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Well, since we're talking pie-in-the-sky trades that will never happen where the salary cap is no object, I'd rather have Joe Thomas. :coffee:

And I agree. :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
10-12-2008, 06:40 PM
shit if we could get anyone we could get the i would be getting ppl left and right...

one person i would love to have even tho i like our ilb's.. would be patrick willis.. he is a beast

Crushzilla
10-12-2008, 09:33 PM
I vote for Dirt Dawson and Tony Boselli. That would nail down our line pretty quick.

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2008, 10:38 PM
my fantasys always involve cheerleaders, not players........:noidea:

klick81
10-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Merriman isn't a Steelers type of player...not sure why, but I don't think he'll be a good fit.

lilyoder6
10-12-2008, 11:00 PM
??? if it was getting to the qb, then yes merriman would be that guy.. but i'm not sure if he could cover as good

jjpro11
10-12-2008, 11:34 PM
i'll give you a fantasy trade.. anquan boldin.. he is like a bigger and stronger version of hines.

Rhee Rhee
10-13-2008, 03:54 AM
i wonder if dick lebeau could get all three of them on the field rushing the QB...

Galax Steeler
10-13-2008, 03:57 AM
No thank you.

SteelMember
10-13-2008, 10:47 AM

And it dosen't involve a football game either.:wink02:

steelreserve
10-13-2008, 10:59 AM

In that case, we'd probably have to change our name to the Pittsburgh Hentai (maybe the Fighting Hentai), and I imagine the uniforms would be a lot different.