PDA

View Full Version : Ravens/Colts.

Edman
10-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Colts win, Ravens fall three games behind Pittsburgh in the North. So uh, go Colts?

I don't know what to make of this game. Baltimore's O is mediocre, but Indy's D is pretty bad.

Edman
10-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Right off the bat, Joe Flacco throws a pick.

Edman
10-12-2008, 12:23 PM
"Ravens #1 Defense" Burned deep for a touchdown.

7-0 Colts.

The Duke
10-12-2008, 12:25 PM
marvin can still make those plays

go colts!!

Edman
10-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Ravens "Number one Defense" burned intermediate for another touchdown.

14-0 Colts.

The Duke
10-12-2008, 12:37 PM
now this is looking more like the colts. no fabian Washington and samari rolle,but still

gotta establish the run ravens, I got both of your runningbacks starting

Edman
10-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Sh*tty performance by the Ravens so far.

TheWarDen86
10-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Peyton is ABUSING the Ravens secondary and the front 7 couldn't stop the 6th round pick from getting a first down. :laughing: Oh, and I have yet to see a Ray Lewis celebration following his pile-on/token tackle. :chuckle:

:sign02:

fansince'76
10-12-2008, 12:49 PM
But the Ravens are "legit." :rolleyes:

Edman
10-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Like I said, the Ravens feasted on awful Ohio teams and scared everyone at the start of the season. They certainly fooled me. I thought they were legit until they gave up that 80 yard drive to Kerry freaking Collins to lose the game last week.

They way they've been talked up by some users on this board, you'd think they were 4-0 and beat the snot out of Pittsburgh and Tennesee.

The Duke
10-12-2008, 01:03 PM
But the Ravens are "legit." :rolleyes:

they got a 35% chance of winning the afc north according to Football Outsiders :chuckle:

Both the Titans and the Ravens are LEGIT. The top 2 D's in the NFL (by a wide margin statistically) and strong offensive lines; neither team allowed a sack despite going up against some nasty pass rushes. Tenn will win their division and I'd say Balt has a 40% of taking the North

Edit: Football Outsiders gives them a 35% chance of taking the North

Edman
10-12-2008, 01:07 PM
INTacco strikes again.:chuckle:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-12-2008, 01:09 PM
INTacco strikes again.:chuckle:

He looks rather --- hm ---- ordinary guess he isn't the second coming of Ben.

Edman
10-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Flacco isn't a fifth the player as Big Ben at this point. He's had the same situation as Ben. Drafted from a 5-11/6-10 team that has a strong defense and a decent backfield.

Ben took the 2004 Steelers to the AFC Title game after a 6-10 season.

Right now it looks like Flacco will be benched by week 10.

Edman
10-12-2008, 01:19 PM
It gets worse and worse for the Ravens.

Edman
10-12-2008, 01:24 PM
24-0 Colts.

steelpride12
10-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Yupp 24-0 Colts, Ravens have sealed there loss.

hizmi
10-12-2008, 01:30 PM
they got a 35% chance of winning the afc north according to Football Outsiders :chuckle:

Well they certainly are playing terrible today, but I'll give greater weight to 16 quarters of football than 1 half.

I hope they continue to prove me wrong though.

X-Terminator
10-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Well they certainly are playing terrible today, but I'll give greater weight to 16 quarters of football than 1 half.

I hope they continue to prove me wrong though.

And in those 16 quarters they won exactly...2 games. They are 2 quarters away from falling to 2-3 and 3 full games behind the Steelers. People put way too much emphasis on their pounding of 2 of the most pathetic teams in the NFL. People put way too much emphasis on the ONE TD pass Joe Lacco threw against the Steelers, despite being sacked 5 times and lost a fumble that was returned for a TD. The Ravens have beaten no one of note and looked downright awful on offense the last 6 quarters. Nobody should be saying they're "legit."

steelpride12
10-12-2008, 02:02 PM
31-0 Colts haha!

Edman
10-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Well, CBS switched off the game to the Bengals/Jets. Guess they didn't want Pittsburghers getting their kicks out of watching the Ravens get handled.

Oh well, guess we can watch the Bengals lose instead.

The Duke
10-12-2008, 02:06 PM
colts are back to being a scary team

the steelers will beat them though :tt02:

flacco- overated!!

Edman
10-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Joe Flacco isn't overrated anymore.

He's pretty bad. They can play the "rookie" card, but in all honesty, Big Ben set the bar for Rookie QB's to be judged, and "Big Ben Plus" Joe Flaccid is not only playing up to standard, he's as bad as Tommy Maddox at this point. He's just not ready.

Matt Ryan is making an impact for the Falcons with far less. Flaccid is not.

The Duke
10-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Matt Ryan is making an impact for the Falcons with far less. Flaccid is not.

yeah, ryan is impressive, that last quarter was amazing. and he is in a worse team

well now the steelers have a bigger lead in the afc north :tt02:

OneForTheToe
10-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Even is he is palying for the ratbirds, I think flacco has talent. Obviously, he is in over his head at the moment. What is the over/under until Ray Ray throws him under the bus (with a knife wound in his back)?

Our game againsty Indy should be interesting. Without a running game I am sure Lebeau will draw up some doosies to get into Peyton," maybe," Peyton Manning.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Final score 31-3 Colts over Ratbirds!!!!!!

Chris Lipiec
10-12-2008, 03:40 PM
They both lost today. I hope the Giants don't look past the Clowns.

Lock Down
10-12-2008, 04:43 PM
I though the Ravens might come away with a win after the way the Colts have been playing. Glad i was horribly wrong :chuckle:

hizmi
10-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Joe Flaccid :chuckle: I like it

lilyoder6
10-12-2008, 06:44 PM
the colt's offense def showed up for the 1st time today...

Edman
10-12-2008, 07:05 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=118&f=1666&t=3188427

And to further demonstrate my point...

Like I said. Matt Ryan is making an impact for a Falcon team lacking playmakers and nobody who scares teams except Mike Turner. Flacco has three decent RB's, a capable vet WR in Mason, and a smothering defense.

I know he's "just a rookie", but that's no excuse for playing so horribly.

steel striker
10-12-2008, 08:49 PM
So where are all of the ratfinks fans at? I mean they come on our site talk smack then disappear. Sounds alot like Bart Scott to me.

steelpride12
10-12-2008, 08:55 PM
So where are all of the ratfinks fans at? I mean they come on our site talk smack then disappear. Sounds alot like Bart Scott to me.

No they came a week before the Monday night game, they were fun and respectful and they would be back in December.

hizmi
10-12-2008, 09:25 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=118&f=1666&t=3188427

And to further demonstrate my point...

Like I said. Matt Ryan is making an impact for a Falcon team lacking playmakers and nobody who scares teams except Mike Turner. Flacco has three decent RB's, a capable vet WR in Mason, and a smothering defense.

I know he's "just a rookie", but that's no excuse for playing so horribly.

Sorry but Roddy White is twice as good as any receiver the ravens have.

Turner is better than Mcgahee and Mcclain

The o-lines? The ravens have a pretty good one, not sure about the falcons.

lilyoder6
10-12-2008, 11:03 PM
and u can't forget about norwood... he is a very good scat back to spell turner.... so on offense i would say the falcons have a edge on the ravens.... on defense.. it would seem that the ravens have a better def.. according to the rankings

hizmi
10-13-2008, 12:26 AM
and u can't forget about norwood... he is a very good scat back to spell turner.... so on offense i would say the falcons have a edge on the ravens.... on defense.. it would seem that the ravens have a better def.. according to the rankings

Good point about Norwood....he might be the best backup tailback in the league. I was a bit surprised to see Atlanta shell out all that money on turner when they could've just started Norwood, but things seem to be working out well. Maybe he doesn't have the size/strength to be an every down back.

Blitzburgh_Fever
10-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Sorry but Roddy White is twice as good as any receiver the ravens have.

Turner is better than Mcgahee and Mcclain

The o-lines? The ravens have a pretty good one, not sure about the falcons.

Most of their skill players seem to be guys like McGahee and Mason though. Solid players, but nothing special or explosive. Guys like that are important to have, but if you have no one with home run capabilities it's hard to compete against vanilla defenses, let alone spastic, blitz-heavy packages that the Steelers run. Hell, look at Hester, he alone made the Bears unpredictable the last two years. Stuff like that weighs on coaches and players minds.

Demetrius Williams and Mason are both good receivers, but the Ravens are lacking a real threat at receiver or halfback to slash defenses when they try to be cute, and their defense isn't like Tennessee's, generating turnovers and scoring on pick sixes of returned fumbles. AKA, bland offense without the consistency of a vet QB and a strong, 3-and-out defense...don't see them really making a push for the AFC North this year or next.

hizmi
10-13-2008, 01:43 AM
Most of their skill players seem to be guys like McGahee and Mason though. Solid players, but nothing special or explosive. Guys like that are important to have, but if you have no one with home run capabilities it's hard to compete against vanilla defenses, let alone spastic, blitz-heavy packages that the Steelers run. Hell, look at Hester, he alone made the Bears unpredictable the last two years. Stuff like that weighs on coaches and players minds.

Demetrius Williams and Mason are both good receivers, but the Ravens are lacking a real threat at receiver or halfback to slash defenses when they try to be cute, and their defense isn't like Tennessee's, generating turnovers and scoring on pick sixes of returned fumbles. AKA, bland offense without the consistency of a vet QB and a strong, 3-and-out defense...don't see them really making a push for the AFC North this year or next.

Good points all around there, but I think they could get away with a lack of explosiveness IF they protected the ball. Right now they're getting zero big plays AND turning the ball over frequently...that's not a good combo. Flacco's lack of mobility in the pocket could make him sack/fumble prone, but I think it's a bit early to judge.

Another surprising development for the rats is their special teams. It's been outstanding in the past, and with Harbaugh being a former special teams coach, everyone expected them to be even better. Based on DVOA they were 29th in special teams coming into this week.

As good as their defense is (and it's really good despite the way they were carved up by the colts), it's hard to win if you're consistently losing the field position battle and turning the ball over.

Galax Steeler
10-13-2008, 04:05 AM
Nice to see the ratbirds go down again you don't hear there fans around hear like you once did they have died out.

Rhee Rhee
10-13-2008, 05:22 AM

maybe scat back aren't the right words... more like willie parkeresque :tt02:

revefsreleets
10-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Rats are overrated and have been. But Indy's offense finally looks to be getting back on track after a fairly abysmal start. The Colts are a team to be reckoned with again in the AFC. The Jags going into Denver and beating the Bronc's makes me feel better about us beating them in Jacksonville, too.

SteelMember
10-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Peyton is ABUSING the Ravens secondary and the front 7 couldn't stop the 6th round pick from getting a first down. :laughing: Oh, and I have yet to see a Ray Lewis celebration following his pile-on/token tackle. :chuckle:

:sign02:

I think ray just got credited for 2 more tackles as I was writing this. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
10-14-2008, 07:01 PM
so do the ravens still brag about not allowing a 100 yd rusher despite getting their heads kicked in?

that 38 (or so yarder) by rhodes was nice.

its cute how all the ravens defenders "shed" tackles, just to wait for ray ray to get in their and make the play.

it must be part of their mission statement-

"thou shalt not tackle until ray is in the vicinity to pad his stats".

not cute... absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :shake01:

TheWarDen86
10-14-2008, 07:41 PM
so do the ravens still brag about not allowing a 100 yd rusher despite getting their heads kicked in?

that 38 (or so yarder) by rhodes was nice.

its cute how all the ravens defenders "shed" tackles, just to wait for ray ray to get in their and make the play.
it must be part of their mission statement-

"thou shalt not tackle until ray is in the vicinity to pad his stats".

not cute... absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :shake01:

:chuckle: Now that he's getting older maybe the refs will wait to blow the whistle until Ray-Ray has adorned the pile.....like a cherry on top...or the star on a Christmas tree.

Ray "Token Tackle" Lewis, ladies and gentlemen:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/packageart/mugshots/rlewismug1.jpg

tony hipchest
10-14-2008, 08:09 PM
:.....like a cherry on top...or the star on a Christmas tree.

]

:laughing: couldnt be said better! :applaudit:

TheWarDen86
10-14-2008, 08:29 PM
:laughing: couldnt be said better! :applaudit:

Thank you. Thank you very much.
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04_02/elvis11004_468x320.jpg