PDA

View Full Version : Palling around with... secessionists?

Mosca
10-12-2008, 02:03 PM
This connection looks a lot more RECENT and a lot more SOLID than the Obama/Ayers connection... but that's just me.

eniG9l_7its

tony hipchest
10-12-2008, 02:27 PM
"the fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government, and i wont be buried under their damn flag."

way to go sarahcuda. :applaudit:

granted sarah just attended the rallies and palled around with them (and is married to one of them).

todd is the actual member of this party. todd has her ear every day and every night and she has already proven she will look the other way as he pushes his agenda through public govt offices.

i posted this story over a month ago and it was ignored while ayers, white, and michelle obamas single comment was (and still is) given so much focus.

scary.

i cant wait for sarah to bring up obamas reverend during all of next weeks "rallys"

Leftoverhard
10-12-2008, 02:43 PM
That's a nice backfire to the Ayers thing. I love how the McCain campaign is playing this. They point a finger at Obama (for the Ayers connection) and right when it gets debunked and thrown out (see my post http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=453535&postcount=78) their own crazy connection comes out, so then they can say that the 2 cancel each other out, let's move on. And by then, people are really sick of hearing this bull that they don't want to hear anymore of it. Smart.

Mosca
10-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Rosa Brooks
September 4, 2008

That John McCain -- he's such a maverick!

Just when you thought you had him figured out, McCain threw another curveball -- picking rookie Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, whom he barely knows, as his running mate.

As ex-Democrat Joe Lieberman told the Republican convention Tuesday night, everyone recognizes McCain's "record of independence. ... God only made one John McCain, and he's his own man."

Uh-huh. Some might call it reckless for a 72-year-old to offer the vice presidency of the United States to someone with as little national experience as Palin. The McCain campaign calls it showing independence.

Still, don't be too hard on Palin. Like McCain, she's independence-minded -- very, very independence-minded. And, it turns out, there's much more to her than you might at first have thought.

Granted, a week ago Palin -- ex-mayor of Wasilla and a runner-up for Miss Alaska -- probably couldn't have explained the difference between a G-string and the G-8, or between a demolition derby and a diplomatic demarche. But who among us can? Policy, my friends, is boring.

The Democrats will tell you to pay attention to party platforms and their endless fiscal policy and intelligence reform plans. Don't you believe those hectoring elitists! You just stick to thinking how sweet it is that Sarah totally stands behind daughter Bristol's "decision" to get pregnant, marry and have a baby at 17. Don't trouble yourself with attending to tedious details, such as Sarah's record of slashing funds for programs to support teen mothers -- or her opposition to abortion, even in cases of rape and incest.

It's untrue that Palin has no foreign policy experience, anyway. In fact, she appears to have seriously flirted with the idea of trying to turn Alaska into a foreign country. How many vice presidential candidates can put that on their resumes?

Over the years, Palin has actively courted the Alaska Independence Party, or AIP, an organization that supports Alaskan secession from the U.S. To be clear, we're not necessarily talking about friendly secession either: As the AIP's founder, Joe Vogler, told an interviewer in 1991: "The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government. ... And I won't be buried under their damn flag."

The Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. could learn from this man.

Share Vogler's sentiment? You can purchase a "Joe was right!" T-shirt on the AIP's website for $25. The AIP's website also provides helpful links to other secessionist groups, including the Southern Independence Party of Tennessee (which boasts of going after "these Politically Correct Liberal Communist[s]"), Ulster nationalists and Chechen separatists.

The McCain campaign denies that Palin ever joined the AIP. But while it is in dispute whether she attended its 1994 convention, she did visit the 2000 one and addressed AIP conventions in 2006 and 2008. Her husband, Todd, was a registered AIP member from 1995 to 2002, and the AIP leadership certainly considers her one of their own.

Video footage shows AIP Vice Chairman Dexter Clark describing Palin at the 2007 North American Secessionist Convention as an "AIP member before she got the job as a mayor of a small town -- that was a nonpartisan job. But you get along to go along. She eventually joined the Republican Party, where she had all kinds of problems with their ethics, and well, I won't go into that." (No need to. The Alaska Legislature's ethics investigators are on the case.) Apparently with Palin in mind, Clark then went on to urge AIP members to "infiltrate" the major parties.

So what does Palin currently think of the AIP? Hard to know -- she's been keeping mum -- but this year she told AIP members: "I'm delighted to welcome you to the 2008 Alaska Independence Party Convention. ... Keep up the good work!"

Does it make you uneasy to have a possible secessionist sympathizer aiming for the White House? Do you worry that Palin shares AIP founder Vogler's burning "hatred for the American government"?

Relax! If so, it will enable her, as vice president, to more effectively bond with foreign leaders she'll meet, many of whom also nurture a hatred for the American government. In diplomatic demarches, finding common ground is always helpful.

McCain has always promised that his ticket would show "independence." We just didn't realize it was going to be this kind.

Mosca
10-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Now before any Palin supporters get all wadded up over this; remember, it's all just for fun!

Leftoverhard
10-12-2008, 03:43 PM
all wadded up

lol, Sounds like an AC/DC song

tony hipchest
10-12-2008, 04:08 PM
yesterday before mccain was introduced at a rally the precher led the mccain supporters in prayer. the gist of it was that voting mccain was voting for the Christian God, and voting for obama was voting for the gods of all other religions.

mccain has already distanced himself from his former pastor who pretty much called for the eradication of islam and declared it the devil.

what a great way to protect us from terrorists. :rolleyes:

anyways now that the ayers fire that palin has started has fizzled out under a rainstorm of hypocricy and therefore disgust, i really cant wait for her to move on to rev do right.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Now before any Palin supporters get all wadded up over this; remember, it's all just for fun!

...Granted, a week ago Palin -- ex-mayor of Wasilla and a runner-up for Miss Alaska -- probably couldn't have explained the difference between a G-string and the G-8, or between a demolition derby and a diplomatic demarche...

Do you worry that Palin shares AIP founder Vogler's burning "hatred for the American government"?

This type of fun is what started the whole flame war....C'mon guys ..do you really consider this op-ed as legitimate forum material based on some of the outrageous comments above?

I'm just going to stay out of this thread since its ability to divide us (again) is stronger than its factual content.

Not to come across as morally superior...I just really meant what I said about ALL OF US..bringing the political discussions to a higher level.

Mosca
10-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I posted it before I saw your other post; this is the last I'll add to it. I didn't think it was right to delete it, but I won't continue it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-12-2008, 05:20 PM
I posted it before I saw your other post; this is the last I'll add to it. I didn't think it was right to delete it, but I won't continue it.

Thanks Mosca...appreciate that.

Preacher
10-12-2008, 06:13 PM

Thanks Mosca...appreciate that.

I'll bow to that logic and :hatsoff: to the both of you.

augustashark
10-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Did the secessionists try to kill innocent people? Did they try and bomb federal buildings?

I don't know, being around some wacky people who want to be their own country and being around people who want to destroy life and bomb things. I guess I can see why some of you think that they are one in the same. Unreal!

Preacher
10-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Did the secessionists try to kill innocent people? Did they try and bomb federal buildings?

I don't know, being around some wacky people who want to be their own country and being around people who want to destroy life and bomb things. I guess I can see why some of you think that they are one in the same. Unreal!

F.Y. I. I think we all stopped, caught our breath, and backed up from these threads....

They were all getting a bit heated.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28038

augustashark
10-12-2008, 11:46 PM
No offense preach, but I thought the post was part of a debate, I reread the post and personally don't see where I attacked/flamed anyone. Hence, I will carry on.

Preacher
10-12-2008, 11:59 PM
No offense preach, but I thought the post was part of a debate, I reread the post and personally don't see where I attacked/flamed anyone. Hence, I will carry on.

Nope... none taken.

I just wanted to let you know, cause I wouldn't be surprised if these threads died.

Thats all.

:thumbsup:

revefsreleets
10-13-2008, 09:16 AM
So, is Palin a Sessionist or not? I don't believe so...I think she merely addresses them as any politician addresses thousands of groups throughout their careers. Bush has spoken at NCAAP events, does anyone think that makes him a member? It's a reach...

While we're at it, what about Michelle Obama's thesis at Princeton? The one that was basically 100% about racial divides? She MARRIED Barrack, so are the sins of the wife the sins of the husband? Should we be questioning Obama about his perceived in abilty to ever assimilate and "fit in" white America because his wife see's everything through the prism of race?

No and no and no and no.

Hines0wnz
10-13-2008, 06:44 PM
For someone who is considered "stupid" and "insignificant" the left sure is making Palin more significant each and every day.