PDA

View Full Version : Democrats & Republicans

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-12-2008, 02:02 PM
This last month as been filled with a lot of hate filled posts, which as someone tactfully reminded me, takes away from the forum community.

For my part I apologize for remarks that made anyone feel uncomfortable and from here on out not only ask that both sides respect a truce that includes respectful discussion...but also promise to act by putting the good of the forum before ourselves.

I hope that the main players in this drama can see that we few are ruining the forum for the rest and though it may be too much to ask for... I hope the main players in this are willing to respond to this thread in order to show the Forum that we are all bigger than an election...a candidate...or a team. And that we will all be more respectful

My flames will from here on out be directed at Trolls only.

Mosca
10-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey, if you step up, so will I. I apologize.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey, if you step up, so will I. I apologize.

Thanks Mosca
:drink:

Leftoverhard
10-12-2008, 02:38 PM

X-Terminator
10-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I've only tried to point this out, oh I don't know, MULTIPLE times over the past 2 months? :noidea:

I still say political talk should have been banned from this board long before things got out of control, because civil debate is damn near impossible anymore, anywhere in America. And I'm not just going to point fingers at one person or party or entity - from the media, to the politicians/candidates themselves, on down to guys like Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore, to sites like MoveOn.org and Swiftboatvets, down to the average American citizen - all are to blame.

At this point, you all can thank your lucky stars that I'm no longer a moderator, because I would have had far less patience than Gary and Marianne have had.

SteelCityMan786
10-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I've only tried to point this out, oh I don't know, MULTIPLE times over the past 2 months? :noidea:

I still say political talk should have been banned from this board long before things got out of control, because civil debate is damn near impossible anymore, anywhere in America. And I'm not just going to point fingers at one person or party or entity - from the media, to the politicians/candidates themselves, on down to guys like Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore, to sites like MoveOn.org and Swiftboatvets, down to the average American citizen - all are to blame.

At this point, you all can thank your lucky stars that I'm no longer a moderator, because I would have had far less patience than Gary and Marianne have had.

In fact I have suggested having a separate sub forum for this in the past.

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2008, 04:03 PM
we are the world.....we are the childreeeeen.....:whistle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-12-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm past pointing fingers at anyone, since I was part of the problem....just ready to move on to real debates again.

tony hipchest
10-12-2008, 04:29 PM
that comes off as rather threatening (2nd time youve said it in 2 days). i thank my lucky stars you are no longer a mod. i appreciate a forum that allows free speech to those who are capable of practicing self contol. :noidea:

LLT, im glad to see you start this thread. :hatsoff: i have already said my piece in revs thread and apologized to him.

nobodys perfect. neither candidate is perfect. hell, even the steelers arent perfect.

life will go on.

in the meantime, as long as its fair to point out when the browns and bungles are losing on this board, its just as fair to point out where a presidential campaign may be losing.

most people who know the "game", know it isnt over til the 4th quarter though.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-12-2008, 04:42 PM
LLT, im glad to see you start this thread. :hatsoff: i have already said my piece in revs thread and apologized to him.

Thank you Tony

tony hipchest
10-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Thank you Tony

no problem bro! (and i say that with all the cyberaffection one could offer to words on a screen.... and ultimately the person behind it) :tt03:

X-Terminator
10-12-2008, 04:51 PM
that comes off as rather threatening (2nd time youve said it in 2 days). i thank my lucky stars you are no longer a mod. i appreciate a forum that allows free speech to those who are capable of practicing self contol. :noidea:

At least I'm honest about it. And if anyone had any self-control to begin with, there wouldn't have been a need for this thread, now would there? :noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2008, 05:16 PM
In fact I have suggested having a separate sub forum for this in the past.or why not just send the threads to the blast furnace? i've seen far less bickering threads end up there.........or they can go x terminators route
and make this a fidel castro type of board.....:noidea:

tony hipchest
10-12-2008, 05:33 PM
At least I'm honest about it. And if anyone had any self-control to begin with, there wouldn't have been a need for this thread, now would there? :noidea:yes, you are blatantly honest about it (to the point of cramming it down our throats).

thanks for suggesting nobody around here has any self control as if you are the only one who does. i find it a bit insulting to ALL members who chose to participate in these forums (and to the mods who do the best they can).

there are plenty of great members who dont even bother reading the political diatribe. perhaps that is the route for you. :noidea:

Preacher
10-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Tony and I had a few words....

but FYI, we were also in PM quite a bit too, with a very different tone.

If I offended anyone else... I apologize.

I don't need to worry about Tony, he won't remember.

http://hoboken411.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/hoboken-girl-passed-out-too-much-marijuana-weed.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I have no knowledge of Sir Tony's personal habits. This post shall be taken in humor... maybe a sarcasm smiley would help! :chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
10-12-2008, 05:38 PM
As someone who has been one of the main players in the drama, I apologize to everyone, whether or not they were an intended recipient of my vitriol, for a number my recent posts and appreciate this opportunity to go out on a more upbeat note.

Best of luck to everyone.

Preacher
10-12-2008, 05:40 PM
As someone who has been one of the main players in the drama, I apologize to everyone, whether or not they were an intended recipient of my vitriol, for a number my recent posts and appreciate this opportunity to go out on a more upbeat note.

Best of luck to everyone.

Thank you,
and accept mine in return please.

X-Terminator
10-12-2008, 05:47 PM
yes, you are blatantly honest about it (to the point of cramming it down our throats).

thanks for suggesting nobody around here has any self control as if you are the only one who does. i find it a bit insulting to ALL members who chose to participate in these forums (and to the mods who do the best they can).

there are plenty of great members who dont even bother reading the political diatribe. perhaps that is the route for you. :noidea:

Never said I was the only one with any self-control. Perhaps I should have said many of those involved, but my point still stands.

Bottom line is political discussions in general suffer from a lack of respect, and it's that lack of respect that lead to the problems that the discussions here have had since mid-summer. There are a LOT of good people on this board, Tony, and I'd rather not see it all blow up just because of simple disagreements or because of the candidate you support. That's why I feel we'd be better off without them. You disagree, and that's fine - I respect that and understand. I take a lot of unpopular stances because I'm a bit of a "maverick," for lack of a better term, so I'm used to having a few shots thrown in my directions.

At any rate, I have hijacked this thread enough and apologize for taking it down this path. I just wanted to speak my mind on the issue and will now drop it once and for all. :drink:

tony hipchest
10-12-2008, 06:04 PM
http://hoboken411.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/hoboken-girl-passed-out-too-much-marijuana-weed.jpg

:

:laughing: lol. woah...

here is a picture of a room full of people who think preach is funny-

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59/meraby/clip_image002.jpg

Preacher
10-12-2008, 06:06 PM
:laughing: lol. woah...

here is a picture of a room full of people who think preach is funny-

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59/meraby/clip_image002.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

DONT MOCK THE MULLET!!!

You don't know the power you're dealing with!!!

tony hipchest
10-12-2008, 06:23 PM
\ I take a lot of unpopular stances because I'm a bit of a "maverick," for lack of a better term, so I'm used to having a few shots thrown in my directions.

:yeah, ive had dozens of shots thrown at me for taking an unpopular stance, so i see what you are saying.

ive been fairly consistant. what was said yesterday or today, has no bearing on tomorrow.

water under the bridge is something i try to live by. hell, i even gave LITP second (and third) chances, and only regret i wasnt quick enough to truly rip him a new one before his final exit.

but when i see a cyberbuddy being attacked i have a tendency to step in and absorb some of that flame. :noidea: for that, i may be wrong but it is something i probably cannot change.

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2008, 06:49 PM
If I offended anyone else... I apologize.

:i accept .....:hug:

GBMelBlount
10-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Can we move this thread to funhouse? I've been laughing nonstop since I read MasterOfPuppets first post. :rofl:

HometownGal
10-12-2008, 08:32 PM
I think I've said my peace, as well, in one of the bazillion political threads. I hate that friendships were compromised and unkind words were spoken. I apologize to anyone that I have offended (but if ya do it again, it's curtains for ya - SHEEEEEE?!?!?!?!) :wink02::wink02::wink02: (see - winkie smilies!) :applaudit:

Politics can bring out the very best or very worst in people. We are all very passionate about our candidate of choice but the bottom line is that no matter which man wins the White House, attacking each other over the end result just isn't worth the aggravation or the migraine, nor is it worth further destroying friendships that have been built over the years.

LLT and Tony - thank you for both taking the high road here and for being the gentlemen I knew you both to be. :thumbsup::drink:

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2008, 08:42 PM
how bout me? i forgave preacher......:noidea:

Preacher
10-12-2008, 08:44 PM
how bout me? i forgave preacher......:noidea:

I forgave you too....,

:buttkick:

then again, maybe not!

:chuckle:

:rofl:

xfl2001fan
10-12-2008, 08:46 PM
[sigh]

Nobody forgives the Browns fan...

Preacher
10-12-2008, 08:52 PM
[sigh]

Nobody forgives the Browns fan...

Nope.

Just pity.

:pity:

:wink02:

xfl2001fan
10-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Nope.

Just pity.

:pity:

:wink02:

I used to like you for some reason. :flap:

Preacher
10-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I used to like you for some reason. :flap:

It's the hair! :popcorn:

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2008, 08:56 PM
preachers on fire today !!! :rofl:

Preacher
10-12-2008, 09:03 PM
preachers on fire today !!! :rofl:

You should see my wife and I on a normal day. Seriously, we are a walking comedy team.

tony hipchest
10-12-2008, 09:14 PM
It's the hair! :popcorn::buttkick:

no its not kip! [winger]

Preacher
10-12-2008, 09:16 PM
:buttkick:

no its not kip! [winger]

She was just seventeen....

but that is old enough... old enough for meeeee.....

wait a second... as a preacher, that probably is not a good song for me to sing!!

GBMelBlount
10-12-2008, 09:19 PM
She was just seventeen....

but that is old enough... old enough for meeeee.....

wait a second... as a preacher, that probably is not a good song for me to sing!!

Preacher! Are you doing "Shots for Jesus!" AGAIN? :alcoholic

Preacher
10-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Preacher! Are you doing "Shots for Jesus!" AGAIN? :alcoholic

Nope, just scheudenfraude at the pats/bolts game.

Preacher
10-12-2008, 09:24 PM
http://www.englishforum.ch/attachments/family-matters/98d1158920230-kindergartens-oerlikon-zurich-hijack.gif

Vis
10-14-2008, 02:56 PM
This place is mild compared to what I'm used to. Even Suit is nicer here than other places. Maybe it's reminders like this that keeps it that way.

revefsreleets
10-14-2008, 04:56 PM
This place is mild compared to what I'm used to. Even Suit is nicer here than other places. Maybe it's reminders like this that keeps it that way.

Eh, huh?

Who is this "suit" of which you speak?

Preacher
10-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Eh, huh?

Who is this "suit" of which you speak?

:chuckle:

Who would that be? I couldn't imagine.

MasterOfPuppets
11-03-2008, 03:53 PM
so what happend to this thread ??? :noidea: sure got buried quick ,along with the apologies and vows to not make it personal.....the boards really going to shit. the political crap and ill will is starting to spill over to the other threads....:shake02:

fansince'76
11-03-2008, 04:04 PM
the political crap and ill will is starting to spill over to the other threads....:shake02:

I haven't really seen that yet - it seems that the majority of folks who do most of the bickering over politics around here never even go into the other threads/forums anymore....

Hammer67
11-03-2008, 04:19 PM
This thread gave me a nice chuckle. Can't we have a little heated discussion on politics once and a while? I don't think anyone went too overboard. I have seen far worse other places!

fansince'76
11-03-2008, 04:21 PM
This thread gave me a nice chuckle. Can't we have a little heated discussion on politics once and a while? I don't think anyone went too overboard. I have seen far worse other places!

Exactly - it gets pretty heated around here at times, but then it cools off, then heats up again, and cools off, etc., etc. It ebbs and flows.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 05:13 PM
This last month as been filled with a lot of hate filled posts, which as someone tactfully reminded me, takes away from the forum community.

For my part I apologize for remarks that made anyone feel uncomfortable and from here on out not only ask that both sides respect a truce that includes respectful discussion...but also promise to act by putting the good of the forum before ourselves.

I hope that the main players in this drama can see that we few are ruining the forum for the rest and though it may be too much to ask for... I hope the main players in this are willing to respond to this thread in order to show the Forum that we are all bigger than an election...a candidate...or a team. And that we will all be more respectful

I tend to stay out of political threads....I don't want personal political views to ruin opinion on a member on this site......I enjoy reading your posts and especially your posts on the draft.....So even if we don't agree on some political views its ok and I still enjoy reading your football posts......You're one of the few on why I still visit here.....

xfl2001fan
11-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I tend to stay out of political threads....I don't want personal political views to ruin opinion on a member on this site......I enjoy reading your posts and especially your posts on the draft.....So even if we don't agree on some political views its ok and I still enjoy reading your football posts......You're one of the few on why I still visit here.....

Keep in mind that most of us don't have personal problems with those with different political views. Tony Hipchest and I are on different ends of the spectrum...but I still have a lot of respect for him. I disagree with his views, but it changes nothing outside of that particular thread we post in. I'm pretty sure that applies to 90% of us.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Keep in mind that most of us don't have personal problems with those with different political views. Tony Hipchest and I are on different ends of the spectrum...but I still have a lot of respect for him. I disagree with his views, but it changes nothing outside of that particular thread we post in. I'm pretty sure that applies to 90% of us.

Ok great....All I was trying to say is LLT is ok in my book even if we have different political views.....:thumbsup:

xfl2001fan
11-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Ok great....All I was trying to say is LLT is ok in my book even if we have different political views.....:thumbsup:
My bad, misread what you posted...

Steel Duck
11-04-2008, 03:07 AM
truce...
I too apologize to anyone I may have offended..and apparently there are quite a few...
I will make an effort to be more united with my fellow board members regardless of past arguments, debates, flaming or political affiliation.

Preacher
11-04-2008, 03:37 AM
truce...
I too apologize to anyone I may have offended..and apparently there are quite a few...
I will make an effort to be more united with my fellow board members regardless of past arguments, debates, flaming or political affiliation.

No reason to be more united in political affiliation... there are dems and republicans, conservatives and liberals, and there is a deep division.. Nothing wrong with that.

Its just that people around here forgot that there were other human beings doing the typing...

that was one reason why I backed off (I was getting too caught up in it too).

GBMelBlount
11-04-2008, 06:09 AM
I haven't really seen that yet - it seems that the majority of folks who do most of the bickering over politics around here never even go into the other threads/forums anymore....

Hey Gary, could you talk to Mike about possibly making "Pittsburgh Steelers" a sub forum or removing it all together? It gets quite nasty in there at times and detracts from the political theme of this board imo.

Hammer67
11-04-2008, 08:17 AM
I have to add that if you are one to get offended by something posted in a message forum, then you perhaps should seek counseling, IMHO. Because this world can be a lot tougher then anything I have read here and you will be in trouble! LOL!

xfl2001fan
11-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Hey Gary, could you talk to Mike about possibly making "Pittsburgh Steelers" a sub forum or removing it all together? It gets quite nasty in there at times and detracts from the political theme of this board imo.

LOL

A Political Sub-Forum might not be a bad idea...but then again, with the vote being today, it might almost be too little too late.

Hines0wnz
11-04-2008, 12:45 PM
The MB I moderate has its own serious debate forum with separate rules and guidelines for posting in it. It keeps the BS arguments and threads to a minimum.

Steel Duck
11-04-2008, 01:02 PM

You're a good man :hug:

GBMelBlount
11-04-2008, 02:50 PM
lamberts-lost-tooth

For my part I apologize for remarks that made anyone feel uncomfortable......

Well, to be honest LLT. Tony and I have been a little weirded out lately about your PM questions to us regarding "boxers or briefs", "siegfried or Roy", "Elton John or George Michael"; etc........ :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Well, to be honest LLT. Tony and I have been a little weirded out lately about your PM questions to us regarding "boxers or briefs", "siegfried or Roy", "Elton John or George Michael"; etc........ :chuckle:

shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I mean.....No I didnt!!!

GBMelBlount
11-04-2008, 04:59 PM
shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I mean.....No I didnt!!!

And before you ask, NO, those jeans don't make you look fat! :chuckle:

SteelMember
11-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Sweet. A political thread. What have I missed?

:couch:

SteelMember
11-06-2008, 03:15 PM
I must now apologize for that last remark.

PisnNapalm
11-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Pfffft.... Apologize for what? Speaking your mind? Don't wuss out.

GBMelBlount
11-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Steelmember

Sweet. A political thread. What have I missed?

Steelmember

I must now apologize for that last remark.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Preacher
04-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Hmmm....

Interesting thread. . .

Vincent
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
What does the term "haters" mean?

HometownGal
04-17-2009, 06:45 PM
What does the term "haters" mean?

In this day and age, it means one who does not partake of the . . . .

http://barack-sucks.org/images/Obama_Koolaid.jpg

tony hipchest
04-17-2009, 06:59 PM
...but in the day and age of this thread it referred to anyone who wouldnt vote for mccain/palin.

Texasteel
04-17-2009, 07:10 PM
...but in the day and age of this thread it referred to anyone who wouldnt vote for mccain/palin.

I guess we all remember the past the way we what to.

Vincent
04-17-2009, 07:39 PM

How does not partaking of the Kool-Aid make one a "hater"? And again, what is a "hater"?

HometownGal
04-17-2009, 08:26 PM

But, but, but, but . . . . . :coffee: :yawn:

JEFF4i
04-17-2009, 09:59 PM

http://barack-sucks.org/images/Obama_Koolaid.jpg

I freakin love Kool-Aid! Ohhhhh yeaaaahhhhh! I seriously do though, :thumbsup::hug::wave::rofl::coffee:

Let's all face it, we're really not all that different. Seriously, go read the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kamph, most people on here pale in comparison to those extremes.

I's was born American, and that'll never change. Different outlooks, but think its safe to say, we all just want we see as the best for the nation...and STEELERS....:tt03::thumbsup::tt::drink::tt02::appl audit:

And smileys.

Vincent
04-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Let's all face it, we're really not all that different. Seriously, go read the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kamph, most people on here pale in comparison to those extremes.

I's was born American, and that'll never change. Different outlooks, but think its safe to say, we all just want we see as the best for the nation.

Public school has done its job well. Conventional wisdom holds that marxists are commies and the nazis were right wing extremists. Both are socialist. Both are the antipathy of the foundation of this country, and everything we stand for.

Sloganeering, happy talk and Kool-Aid are all really fun stuff. But snap the @#$% out of it people. You're about to lose your liberty.

GBMelBlount
04-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Public school has done its job well. Conventional wisdom holds that marxists are commies and the nazis were right wing extremists. Both are socialist. Both are the antipathy of the foundation of this country, and everything we stand for.

Sloganeering, happy talk and Kool-Aid are all really fun stuff. But snap the @#$% out of it people. You're about to lose your liberty.

Amen, brother. Well said.

SCSTILLER
04-19-2009, 08:35 PM

Well put Vincent, well put!

stlrtruck
04-20-2009, 07:37 AM
hell, even the steelers arent perfect.

Look friend, you can say what you want about anyone or anything else but you leave those 53 men wearing black and gold alone :toofunny: :rofl: :drink: :flap:

JEFF4i
04-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Public school has done its job well. Conventional wisdom holds that marxists are commies and the nazis were right wing extremists.

Did I say this? No. I said read the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kamph to find extremes. Don't take words out of my mouth.

Both are socialist. Both are the antipathy of the foundation of this country, and everything we stand for.

On what basis? Support your statement.

I'm probably just as well going to put you on ignore, I really don't need people putting words in my mouth and assuming my education. :) Don't worry, I'll give you credit to wait and see your response first.

Oh, and perhaps your education, public or otherwise, was lacking itself. Antipathy is the wrong word you're looking for -it is close to being right, but isn't-; the word you want is antithesis.

JEFF4i
04-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Amen, brother. Well said.

Well put Vincent, well put!

Minus the fact that there are fundamental differences between Communism, Fascism, and Socialism?

Seriously, if anyone can source why these are all synonyms of one-another, I implore you to post it. Until then, I will go with the commonly accepted, and correct belief that there are differences.

In a nutshell:

Socialism: Economic theory where the means and ways, all that jazz, is owned by the citizens of the State. Walzer is a great political theororist who talks a lot about this. To quote him, "That which touches all is owned by all."

Communism: Expansion of socialism, taking it past simply economic theory into an entire socioeconomic lifestyle. Belief, press, economy, every single facet of life is meant to be standardized.

Fascism: Economic, and subsequently socioeconomic, theory that all things should be owned by the State and the point of life to to ensure the continued presence of said State.

Yes, there are differences, if you can't see them, read and think very, very, carefully.

GBMelBlount
04-20-2009, 01:58 PM
There are two types of people in general imo.

Those who believe people are inherently good and if generally left alone will tend to do the right thing and thus believe in freedom and self determination and that don't feel that everything needs to be completely controlled and overseen by governemnt...

and those that tend to think that free markets and capitalism and the wealth are corrupting and that the government control and wealth redistribution is somehow a fairer and better solution.

The way I look at it is that someone can try to differentiate between people that are half-assed, three quarters of an ass or complete asses, but they're still ALL asses to me.

But that's just me.

Vincent
04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Minus the fact that there are fundamental differences between Communism, Fascism, and Socialism?

Aside from stage of "progression", what?

In a nutshell:

Socialism: Economic theory where the means and ways, all that jazz, is owned by the citizens of the State. (Ask a Swede what he "owns". - V)

Communism: Expansion of socialism, taking it past simply economic theory into an entire socioeconomic lifestyle. Belief, press, economy, every single facet of life is meant to be standardized.

Fascism: Economic, and subsequently socioeconomic, theory that all things should be owned by the State and the point of life to to ensure the continued presence of said State.

Yes, that conjugates the relationship very nicely. Introduce socialism into a healthy society, allow it to consolidate power, and surrender all liberty. You nailed it.

You seem to like socialism. May I ask why? I don't, and I'd be delighted to explain why.

There are two types of people in general imo.

I think there are 3. Those that understand the relationship between freedom and responsibility, those that don't, and those that exploit the latter to subjugate both. But that's just me.

JEFF4i
04-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Aside from stage of "progression", what?

Yes, that conjugates the relationship very nicely. Introduce socialism into a healthy society, allow it to consolidate power, and surrender all liberty. You nailed it.

You seem to like socialism. May I ask why? I don't, and I'd be delighted to explain why.

Did I ever say that I like socialism? Again, don't put words in my mouth.

You say that fascism, communism, and socialism are simply stages of progression, care to implore?

tony hipchest
04-20-2009, 02:35 PM
wow.

so now if one is even learned up on socialism it means they automatically like it and are socialist?

what the hell is this board coming to?

its like a paranoid keyboard militia of extremism in here. :dang:

Vincent
04-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Did I ever say that I like socialism? Again, don't put words in my mouth.

You say that fascism, communism, and socialism are simply stages of progression, care to implore?

Part of what has been imposed by the left on American “education” is the notion that the Nazis were fascist, and that is all to the story. “Nazi” is the German contraction for the German words for “National Socialist German Workers' Party”. The nazi control of Germany evolved into fascism (by your definition). The Nazis were socialists, that amazingly operated in a very similar fashion to their modern counterparts in the democrat party, until they crossed the threshold of total control. And I submit that if this bunch here were to gain total control, they’d give their nazi brethren a run for their money.

The simple point is that the Nazis were socialist. Mussolini was a socialist. The sovs are socialists. The chicomms are socialist. Socialism in any wrapper (liberal, “progressive”, democrat, marxist, nazi, maoist, soviet) is about seizing control and holding it. No idealism, just iron fisted rule.

Vincent
04-20-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm probably just as well going to put you on ignore, I really don't need people putting words in my mouth and assuming my education. :) Don't worry, I'll give you credit to wait and see your response first.

Oh, and perhaps your education, public or otherwise, was lacking itself. Antipathy is the wrong word you're looking for -it is close to being right, but isn't-; the word you want is antithesis.

Who put words in your mouth? I didn't, nor did I attribute anything I wrote to anything you wrote. Take a Pirin tablet. :chuckle:

You're absolutely right Jeff. Halfheimers and typing fast. But hey, I resemble that remark. :chuckle:

lilyoder6
04-20-2009, 02:49 PM
i honestly can't remember if i have said anything mean.. i prob did since i'm an asshole... so i apologize

JEFF4i
04-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Part of what has been imposed by the left on American “education” is the notion that the Nazis were fascist, and that is all to the story. “Nazi” is the German contraction for the German words for “National Socialist German Workers' Party”. The nazi control of Germany evolved into fascism (by your definition). The Nazis were socialists, that amazingly operated in a very similar fashion to their modern counterparts in the democrat party, until they crossed the threshold of total control. And I submit that if this bunch here were to gain total control, they’d give their nazi brethren a run for their money.

The simple point is that the Nazis were socialist. Mussolini was a socialist. The sovs are socialists. The chicomms are socialist. Socialism in any wrapper (liberal, “progressive”, democrat, marxist, nazi, maoist, soviet) is about seizing control and holding it. No idealism, just iron fisted rule.

Who put words in your mouth? I didn't, nor did I attribute anything I wrote to anything you wrote. Take a Pirin tablet. :chuckle:

You're absolutely right Jeff. Halfheimers and typing fast. But hey, I resemble that remark. :chuckle:

Fair enough, and you caught me. Even I inferred that you were directly inferring to me. Touché Vincent...touché :drink:

(Oh, and believe it or not, I even agree with you to a point).

Vincent
04-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Fair enough, and you caught me. Even I inferred that you were directly inferring to me. Touché Vincent...touché :drink:

(Oh, and believe it or not, I even agree with you to a point).

Cheers Jeff!! :drink:

Crushzilla
04-20-2009, 03:58 PM

To what extent?

Please don't tell me you are legitimately concerned that there will be a Holocaust in the next eight years.

EDIT: And... yes... I realize there is more to the Nazi party than the Holocaust.

Crushzilla
04-20-2009, 04:01 PM
You know what, Vincent.

I totally read part of that wrong.

I apologize for even asking that question.

Vincent
04-20-2009, 04:04 PM
You know what, Vincent.

I totally read part of that wrong.

I apologize for even asking that question.

Cheers Crush!!:drink:

And if I do too much more of this cheering, I shall become drunk. But in the morning I shall be sober and Lady Astor will still have been ugly. :chuckle:

Crushzilla
04-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Cheers Crush!!:drink:

And if I do too much more of this cheering, I shall become drunk. But in the morning I shall be sober and Lady Astor will still have been ugly. :chuckle:

Some people say some bizarre things. I had A LOT of downtime today and read A LOT of crazy sh*t in comment boxes around the web.

I'm a little on edge from the insanity.

I went back and read it again because I thought... I have to be WAY OFF BASE on this one.

:drink: Cheers, indeed.