Preacher
10-12-2008, 06:58 PM
OK... after this week,

we are...

Number 2 against total yards per game.

Number 2 against rush per game.

Number 5 against the pass per game

Number 5 total points per game.

I am not even sure that this is updated for this weekend, which means our numbers might even be better.

Dang we look good on D. Let's hope we hold up this year.

steelpride12
10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Every year we expect alot of great things from the defense and having the Best defensive coordinator in the league does not hurt.
Our exotic blitzes and having talented players on the D side of the ball, with great depth truly makes us one of the best defenses year in and year out.
Its smash mouth Steeler football!

stillers4me
10-12-2008, 07:20 PM
If we can hold this o line together and stay healthy, I honestly don't think there's a team on our schedule that we are not capable of beating. (especially after watching the games today).

They need to come out and play every game lights out and do it consistantly.

Sharkissle29
10-12-2008, 07:21 PM
i think those rankings are only going to get better after the ravens had their asses handed to them

tony hipchest
10-12-2008, 07:25 PM
with the ravens screwing the pooch, i think we will wind up #1 in most of theose categories.

this puts us right where we were at the same point last season.

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2008, 07:41 PM
with the ravens screwing the pooch, i think we will wind up #1 in most of theose categories.

yup 4-1......top D.....bye week....weak opponent coming up......lose? :noidea:

Preacher
10-12-2008, 07:44 PM

Yep.

half way through the year, both the offense and defense ran out of steam.

Seems that they were worn out for one reason or another.

Anyone know if they are in pads this year in practice?

stillers4me
10-12-2008, 08:00 PM
I know that Tomlin's doing things like giving Hine's and a few other Wednesday's off. Hine's says thats really rejuventates him. I think Tomlin has changed his practice regiment.....he learned from last year.

tony hipchest
10-12-2008, 08:11 PM
yup 4-1......top D.....bye week....weak opponent coming up......lose? :noidea:i think we kick ass.

with that being said, the seelers players had better approach this game as if the bungchodes were the division leaders.

alot of teams who are desperate have come out fighting this year.

hopefully the 06 and 07 seasons have taught the sb calibur steeelers a lesson.

Preacher
10-12-2008, 08:17 PM
I know that Tomlin's doing things like giving Hine's and a few other Wednesday's off. Hine's says thats really rejuventates him. I think Tomlin has changed his practice regiment.....he learned from last year.

I love having a coach like him...who keeps the same methodology, but makes adjustments based on what he sees, knows. Seems he learned quite a bit last year.

stillers4me
10-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Listening to Cinci sports radio today in the car and everybody, including the announcers are predicting the Steelers to open up a can of whoopass on the Bengals. They're skeeeeeeerrred.

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2008, 08:20 PM
i think we kick ass.

with that being said, the seelers players had better approach this game as if the bungchodes were the division leaders.

hopefully the 06 and 07 seasons have taught the sb calibur steeelers a lesson.any idea what there record is following a bye week? seems to me they always come out flat, like they haven't practiced for 2 weeks.

Edman
10-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Last year the Steelers were 4-1 during the bye. Finished 6-5 the rest of the way thanks to injuries and just overall wearing down.

I won't take this fast start for granted just yet.

stillers4me
10-12-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm looking at last years schedule and we had an earlier bye week by 1 week. At least our next stretch is one week shorter this year. (so we were 3-1 going into the bye with a loss in Arizona.)

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2008, 08:35 PM
i think we kick ass.

hopefully the 06 and 07 seasons have taught the sb calibur steeelers a lesson.

I agree 100 percent...I hope the Steelers approach the game as The Bungles being undeafted and the Stillers kick the living crap out of them...I want a blow out and I want to see Ben and the passing game build off their momentum from the Jags game...I would love to see a 45-13 ass kicking....

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2008, 08:38 PM
I agree 100 percent...I hope the Steelers approach the game as The Bungles being undeafted and the Stillers kick the living crap out of them...I want a blow out and I want to see Ben and the passing game build off their momentum from the Jags game...I would love to see a 45-13 ass kicking....45 - 13 ???...... 52-0 would be better......think big :thumbsup:

Preacher
10-12-2008, 08:58 PM
I agree 100 percent...I hope the Steelers approach the game as The Bungles being undeafted and the Stillers kick the living crap out of them...I want a blow out and I want to see Ben and the passing game build off their momentum from the Jags game...I would love to see a 45-13 ass kicking....

45 - 13 ???...... 52-0 would be better......think big :thumbsup:

I think he means forty five points and 13 distinct :buttkick:

:wink02:

lilyoder6
10-12-2008, 11:06 PM
i think ben and the passing game could have a field day against the bengals.. i'm thinking like a 1st half he had against the ravens on monday night he had last yr

jjpro11
10-12-2008, 11:36 PM
all this talk sounds just like the browns week, and it ended up being a close game.. now i think the weather made it closer than it should have been, but still.. any given sunday.. the rams beat the redskins today. this kind of talk is what made us lose at least 3 different games last year.

Galax Steeler
10-13-2008, 03:28 AM
Hopefully our deffense can stay healthy and keep playing like they have been and maybe they won't wear down like they did last year.

stlrtruck
10-13-2008, 08:26 AM
I'd like to see the defense put the hammer down on the bungals this week!! Take the first quarter and remove all hope, insert fear, and roll!!

Dino 6 Rings
10-14-2008, 10:14 AM
20 points, no one scores more than 20. That's all I need. Our O should always be able to get to 21. We have way too much talent on offense to score less.

Makaveli
10-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Defensively we look quite impressive as things stand now. But have we played any offensively explosive units yet ? (Though it could be argued that the Jags are one of the league's better units)

I'd like to see us go 15-1 and win another World Title. But, i've got the feeling it's looking more like 12-4. And we get bounced from the playoffs via interceptions (thrown on our behalf)

And the secondary giving our playoff opponent at least 21 points through the air along with numerous drive sustaining completions for first downs..

revefsreleets
10-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Best in the NFL. I'm sticking with that...

fansince'76
10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Defensively we look quite impressive as things stand now. But have we played any offensively explosive units yet ?

And the secondary giving our playoff opponent at least 21 points through the air along with numerous drive sustaining completions for first downs..

Houston and Philly are ranked #5 and #9 in total offense, respectively, we held them both to under 20, and we played Philly on the road. Defense isn't our problem.

Steelman16
10-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Houston and Philly are ranked #5 and #9 in total offense, respectively, we held them both to under 20, and we played Philly on the road. Defense isn't our problem.

Nope, sure aint. Roger Goodell is. :chuckle:

@ Makalevi - Yes, we do give up some first-down-gaining pass plays, but you've also got to look on the flipside. We don't allow those big 40-50-60 yard touchdown passes very often, and generally can force a bad pass or hold to a field goal. It's a give and take.

But, on that note, since you were referring to the Jags, they're been pretty good through the air throughout the first quarter of the season. An offense will make gains on any given secondary no matter what. It's just a matter of containing it.