PDA

View Full Version : What's up with ACORN and Obama?

revefsreleets
10-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Citizen Service Inc received $830,000 from Obama. They share the same board of directors as ACORN.

Voter fraud in Ohio is not going to help Obama's increasingly shaky integrity (although having individuals vote for him 72 times might).

Anyone care to address this WITHOUT obfuscating or deflecting or segueing into another attck on Palin?

Mosca
10-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Sorry, no.

revefsreleets
10-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Admittedly, it is just the Post (and Malkin is hardly unbiased), but they are just as susceptable to a libel suit as any other media outlet, and where there's a lot of smoke...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10082008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/the_pro_barack_vote_fraud_drive_132618.htm?page=0

SYSTEMIC corruption of our election process continues. Barack Obama and his old friends at ACORN and Project Vote are leading the way. This radical revolution is taking place in your backyard. And as I've reported before, this voter-fraud racket is on your dime.

On Monday, the two groups announced the wrap-up of a 21-state voter-registration drive targeting low-income people and minorities in such battleground states as Ohio, Pennyslvania, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Wisconsin.

What's wrong with that? For starters, these two groups are militantly partisan outfits purporting to engage in nonpartisan activity. And their campaign comes amid an avalanche of fresh voter-fraud allegations involving ACORN in many of those same states.

ACORN has helped register over 1.27 million people nationwide. It gets 40 percent of its revenues from the taxpayers, with the rest coming from left-wing heavyweights like billionaire George Soros and the Democracy Alliance.

Lefty lawyer Sandy Newman founded Project Vote, a 501(c)(3) organization, to register voters in welfare offices and unemployment lines with the explicit goal of turning back the Reagan revolution.

The two groups are inextricably linked - and at their nexus is Barack Obama. Despite his denials of any association with the group, Obama's political DNA is encoded with the ACORN agenda.

As I've noted previously ("ACORN: O's Ugly Ally," June 26), Obama trained ACORN members in Chicago. In turn, ACORN volunteers worked on his Illinois campaigns and ACORN's PAC endorsed him in this year's Democratic primaries back in February.

And Newman hired Obama in 1992 to lead Project Vote efforts in Illinois. The effort's motto: "It's a Power Thing." Today, the Obama campaign's "Vote for Change" registration drive is running in parallel with ACORN/Project Vote, targetting the same sorts of people.

It's an all-out scramble to scrape up every last unregistered voter sympathetic to Obama's big-government vision. "Our volume," Obama campaign manager David Plouffe bragged of the voter-registration program, "is going to be enormous."

Quantity over quality. That's the ACORN way - and the fraud allegations keep piling up:

* Yesterday, Nevada officials raided ACORN's Las Vegas office after election authorities accused the group of submitting multiple voter registrations with fake and duplicate names. Among the bogus monikers: names of former Dallas Cowboys players.

* Lake County, Ind., election officials this month rejected thousands of registration forms ACORN had turned in from its drives this summer. On a conference call yesterday, GOP officials noted that up to 11,000 of the applications were no good - tying up election officials and jeopardizing the voting rights of untold victims whose identities may have been stolen.

In what seems to be ACORN's standard operating procedure, vote canvassers had pulled names and addresses from phone books and forged signatures. According to a local paper (the Northwest Indiana and Illionois Times), "Large numbers of voter registration forms bore signatures all in the same apparent handwriting style" and "apparently the organization's canvassers broke rules to meet ACORN-set voter registration quotas to get paid." The fake registrants include dead people and underage kids.

* Milwaukee, Wisc., officials last month discovered at least seven felons employed as voter-registration workers for ACORN and another affiliated group. (State law bans felons from such work.) They also uncovered a raft of problematic voter-registration cards. The state GOP accuses the group of trying to get dead, imprisoned or imaginary people on the voter rolls. Fraud has plagued ACORN's Milwaukee chapter since the last election cycle.

* In Florida, in Orange County alone, ACORN workers turned in multiple, copycat forms for six separate voters over the summer. The Miami Herald reports: "One individual had 21 duplicate applications."

Election officials had flagged ACORN's negligent practices months ago. But it may be too late: In Orange, Broward and Miami-Dade counties, ACORN has signed up 135,000 new voters, nearly 60 percent of them registered as Democrats - a fifth of all new voters in that region.

* In Ohio, large numbers of homeless people got free van and bus rides to register. Shelby Holliday, a reporter for Palestra.net, filmed ACORN shuttling in some prospects. She told me she spoke with one homeless woman who said ACORN "told her who to vote for if she wanted a 'better life,' and told her not to worry about jury duty (one of the reasons this homeless woman didn't want to register) because the government probably wouldn't be able to track her down. She was registering with a temporary address."

Holliday interviewed another homeless man targeted by the registration drive who exulted that he was voting for Obama because "I want him to do his thang. You know, do his thug thizzle."

"Thug thizzle" is street slang for performing your trademark move. Obama and ACORN have practiced their thug thizzle together for years: Organizing an ever-expanding community of ineligible and marginal voters to expand the Democrat power base. Rules be damned.

Leftoverhard
10-13-2008, 10:07 AM
This story is the ultimate hogwash. The fishy stench coming from the trashcan is obvious here. The question you have to ask is: Who signed all these ballots with Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters on them? And where were they found? Sounds like a set-up to me. How easy would that be? Sort of like stealing the mascot.

RunWillieRun
10-13-2008, 10:15 AM
This story is the ultimate hogwash. The fishy stench coming from the trashcan is obvious here. The question you have to ask is: Who signed all these ballots with Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters on them? And where were they found? Sounds like a set-up to me. How easy would that be? Sort of like stealing the mascot.

:toofunny:

Translation: I don't like the sound of this story so it must be fake.

revefsreleets
10-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Ultimate hogwash? Really? You do realize that several members of ACORN have admitted to voter fraud, right? This is not some "vast right wing conspiracy", and simply saying "nuh-uh" isn't going to work this time.

This is real.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/commentary/30816174.html?elr=KArks:DCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiD3aPc:_ Yyc:aUU

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2008235531_apvoterfraudprobe.html

This is older, but shows a history of this type of behavior...

http://www.kmbc.com/politics/10214492/detail.html

RunWillieRun
10-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Ultimate hogwash? Really? You do realize that several members of ACORN have admitted to voter fraud, right? This is not some "vast right wing conspiracy", and simply saying "nuh-uh" isn't going to work this time.

This is real.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/commentary/30816174.html?elr=KArks:DCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiD3aPc:_ Yyc:aUU

Good luck, rev. But pointing out any article that is even slightly critical of a liberal group or person will be dismissed as blasphemy.

MACH1
10-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Did you know cowboys already voted in Nevada. Six times each. :banging:

revefsreleets
10-13-2008, 11:06 AM
The point of both these threads (Krauthammer's as well) is I'm curious as to why "guilt by association" only counts when it comes to McCain and Palin?

This is particularly disturbing and dubious because voting is one of our most scared rights, and when a legitimate vote is cancelled out by an illegitimate one, it's a pretty big disservice to the voter who is legally exercising his right.

(I know we are going to have to hear all the crap about Diebold and all that now because the only line of defense in this case is offense, but I'd prefer we stay contemporary. I'm looking for a legitimate line of defense from the Obama camp here)

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-13-2008, 11:10 AM
I wont get into Obamas connection to Acorn...we can all look up the stories and make our own conclusions...without getting into a catfight about candidates

I do think that Acorn itself is very crooked and has a recent history of arrests and convictions throughout the United states to back up that claim.

Independent of any associations...acorn is a bad seed (pun intended).

revefsreleets
10-13-2008, 11:14 AM
There are connections (again, Citizen Service donated money, and Obama accepted it...they ARE ACORN) but I think we can all agree on at least one thing: Obama benefits from this if these votes count.

j-dawg
10-13-2008, 11:17 AM
"Organizing an ever-expanding community of ineligible and marginal voters to expand the Democrat power base. Rules be damned."

shessh... i'm sure there's some truth to this... just like there was some truth to all the hanging chads in flordia...

I'm curious what a "marginal voter" is.

revefsreleets
10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
"Organizing an ever-expanding community of ineligible and marginal voters to expand the Democrat power base. Rules be damned."

shessh... i'm sure there's some truth to this... just like there was some truth to all the hanging chads in flordia...

I'm curious what a "marginal voter" is.

Semantics? OK. How about homeless people? Underaged people? ACORN signed up a 7 year old girl. Ex-felons (who lose the right to vote for life).

Gonna have to do better than that...and I see it didn't take long to bring up the past. This election is this election.

MACH1
10-13-2008, 11:36 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-4-46/Cowboys-rockin--the--fraudulent--vote.html

Cowboys rockin' the (fraudulent) vote

October 8, 2008 11:14 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

Nevada authorities are accusing a group of submitting fraudulent voter-registration forms. The group violated one of the cardinal rules in attempting to fix an election: Don't use the current starting lineup for the Dallas Cowboys.

"Tony Romo is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada, and anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot on Nov. 4," said Secretary of State Ross Miller.

State authorities raided the headquarters of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), a group that registers low-income people who may or may not be posing as NFL players. The NFC Beast blog has taken a firm stance against voter fraud, but if you're going to do it, you might as well use a more anonymous lineup, such as the Kansas City Chiefs. I'm thinking the fake Tyler Thigpen could've had a better shot of voting in Nevada than the fake Romo.

The interim director of ACORN reacted angrily to the raid, saying her organization had signed up plenty of people who didn't play in the NFL. She also promised to come up with a more obscure list of former Cowboys on future forms.

Straight from the horses mouth, not much of a defense for that.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-13-2008, 12:09 PM
There are connections (again, Citizen Service donated money, and Obama accepted it...they ARE ACORN) but I think we can all agree on at least one thing: Obama benefits from this if these votes count.

Rev....most of us called a truce yesterday on political threads...noone is conceding anything mind you....we all just want to debate more civilly than we have been over the last couple of months.

Thats why I posted my opinion of Acorn and trust that any connections can be made by those who read the links...

We all have agreed to be more careful of the TYPE of links we provide,,if the links are inflammatory we have agreed not to post them.

I am not saying you are doing anything wrong...just wanted to let you know why you are not getting the responses you would have gotten a couple of days ago.

Appreciate the links...thanks.

Godfather
10-13-2008, 02:34 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-4-46/Cowboys-rockin--the--fraudulent--vote.html

Straight from the horses mouth, not much of a defense for that.

I took that as a joke by the writer.

ACORN should be using the Browns...nobody would notice them!

revefsreleets
10-13-2008, 04:15 PM
I read that...I already changed my tone awhile ago...I still want answers, though...

Hines0wnz
10-13-2008, 05:41 PM
If the story is true, didnt Obama represent ACORN at a trial suing Fannie Mae over their financing practices? Obama stinks on two fronts here yet no one (in the left wing media) reports it or it is dismissed as derisiveness. :coffee:

augustashark
10-13-2008, 09:35 PM
If the story is true, didnt Obama represent ACORN at a trial suing Fannie Mae over their financing practices? Obama stinks on two fronts here yet no one (in the left wing media) reports it or it is dismissed as derisiveness. :coffee:

You know the old saying "if it looks like chit and smells like chit" well ACORN looks and smells like chit!

I applaud anyone or any group who gets out and trys to get americans to participate in the one true right they have. However the way that ACORN has gone about their business is reason to be alarmed. Exploting the poor and the young. I guess it should'nt suprise me.

revefsreleets
10-14-2008, 08:06 AM
This story is gaining some traction...there is trouble brewing in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland).

Dino 6 Rings
10-14-2008, 09:54 AM
They registered Mickey Mouse in florida...

funny stuff.

SteelMember
10-14-2008, 11:21 AM
They registered Mickey Mouse in florida...
funny stuff.

I also saw that, but as I am not a regular part of these discussions, I didn't know if it was "inflamitory".:noidea:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/elections/article852295.ece?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Preacher
10-14-2008, 03:52 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/angelhottie19/slappy-1.gif

Did somebody say Acorns??? :rofl: