PDA

View Full Version : Raiders may deal either Fargas or Bush

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Report: Raiders may deal either Fargas or Bush
Wire services
Article Launched: 10/12/2008 10:45:53 AM PDT

The Oakland Raiders are ready to trade either Justin Fargas or Michael Bush, according to a report on CBS Sports this morning.
CBS analyst Charley Casserly reported that the Raiders, who have three solid running backs in Fargas, Bush and rookie Darren McFadden, would be willing to deal either Fargas or Bush. Casserly said that Bush, in his second year from Louisville, would be the most likely to be dealt.

The NFL's trading deadline is on Tuesday.

Bush is young...I would love a backfield with Parker... Mendenhall ..and Bush

That IS my dream backfield...it will never happen... but ..WOW, to have Willie featured..Mendenhall in relief and Bush on short yardage would be great

Wish they would have thought about trading off Bush before the season started.

KeiselPower99
10-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Mike Bush on the trading black???? Im sorry but if I was running the Raiders I would want him as my feature back with Fargas and wouldnt have drafted Mcfadden. Maybe we can trade that old looney bastard Max Starks for him.

tony hipchest
10-13-2008, 01:50 PM
we will have an extra 3rd rounder this year. i would do it. our team is solid and pretty deep and its a fat chance for most of our rookie draft picks to make it next season. bush replaces dookie/russell.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Mike Bush on the trading black???? Im sorry but if I was running the Raiders I would want him as my feature back with Fargas and wouldnt have drafted Mcfadden. Maybe we can trade that old looney bastard Max Starks for him.

:rofl::rofl:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-13-2008, 01:56 PM
we will have an extra 3rd rounder this year. i would do it. our team is solid and pretty deep and its a fat chance for most of our rookie draft picks to make it next season. bush replaces dookie/russell.

I had forgotten about the extra third rounder...I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

SteelMember
10-13-2008, 03:30 PM
I had forgotten about the extra third rounder...I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

They need to trade for a new owner...Bon Jovi out of the arena league?:chuckle:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-13-2008, 03:31 PM
I would make the deal for Bush...I liked Bush as Louisville.....Especially since we should get an extra 3rd rounder for Faneca....So we could trade our third rounder for Bush....I don't know if the Raiders would take a 3rd rounder for Bush....

I'm still high on Mendenhall and think he will be very good NFL RB...But at this point he is still an unknown so I like the idea of adding a RB like Michael Bush......

Having a backfield of Parker, Mendenhall, Moore, and Bush would be sweet....Talk about about depth....

MasterOfPuppets
10-13-2008, 03:39 PM
bush would be a great pickup. would make davis and dookie expendable. they need recievers..i'd offer nate washington, and a 4th.

Preacher
10-13-2008, 03:46 PM
I hate to say it, but we need the roster spots for lineman. I don't think we can afford to carry that many backs on the active roster, both financially what Bush would cost, or in roster spots... remember Russel was brought up from the PS.

Though I am will to get him this year provided we don't have to give a way much. Then run the wheels off him, then trade him in the offseason for another pick.

MasterOfPuppets
10-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I hate to say it, but we need the roster spots for lineman. I don't think we can afford to carry that many backs on the active roster, both financially what Bush would cost, or in roster spots... remember Russel was brought up from the PS.

Though I am will to get him this year provided we don't have to give a way much. Then run the wheels off him, then trade him in the offseason for another pick.so you re - cut dookie.....there's your roster spot......:noidea:

The Duke
10-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Bush is good, but parker- mendenhall-moore-russell is a good lineup

but if they accept max starks then I'll have no problem

when will kuhn be on the trade block? the packers have to realize he is too awesome for them :chuckle:

lilyoder6
10-13-2008, 05:00 PM
i think that d-mac is aq phenomanal rb right now.. bush is good.. but d-mac is better..

silver & black
10-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Not gonna happen!

silver & black
10-13-2008, 07:31 PM
:They need to trade for a new owner...Bon Jovi out of the arena league?:chuckle:

You laugh, but it sounds good to me! :thumbsup:

jjpro11
10-13-2008, 11:33 PM
bush would be a great pickup. would make davis and dookie expendable. they need recievers..i'd offer nate washington, and a 4th.

no way.. they will probably get nothing more than a 5th.. he was a 4th rounder coming out and unproven.. teams just dont give up much in trades any more. tony gonzalez of the chiefs may be traded for a 4th or 5th.

MasterOfPuppets
10-13-2008, 11:41 PM
no way.. they will probably get nothing more than a 5th.. he was a 4th rounder coming out and unproven.. teams just dont give up much in trades any more. tony gonzalez of the chiefs may be traded for a 4th or 5th.he was a 4th rd GAMBLE, with no guarantee how he'd come back from his injury. he's now proved he can be a running back in the nfl. gonzalez is 32 ? , and on his way out of the league. what would they have gotten for him 5 yrs ago?

steelwall
10-13-2008, 11:53 PM
I just don't like the idea of haveing someone named Dookie on or team. Bush would be a fine addition to the backfield , but as mentioned, IMO we have more pressing needs.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-14-2008, 01:24 AM

Is it legit that we get a 3rd? For Faneca??

Just think if we had let Max Starks go.....would we have gotten another pick, maybe a 4th rounder too??

Galax Steeler
10-14-2008, 05:08 AM
If we play our cards right then we should have a great draft this year with alot of talent.

SteelMember
10-14-2008, 08:53 AM
I just don't like the idea of haveing someone named Dookie on or team. Bush would be a fine addition to the backfield , but as mentioned, IMO we have more pressing needs.

So...You like bush, but no dookie? :laughing:

ricksteelers55
10-15-2008, 01:28 AM
apparently the Chargers almost got RB Michael Bush from the Raiders for a 2nd day draft pick.Now I dont know for you but I would like us trading a 2nd day pick for him I think he's worth it.

Could you imagine a backfield with Willie,Rashard and MB as the short yardage ? that would kill.Also with our recent success on 2nd day draft picks we have nothing to lose

any thoughts on it ? yeah I know...another RB but i still believe MB is special

MasterOfPuppets
10-15-2008, 09:39 AM
trading deadline is over......:coffee:

silver & black
10-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Told ya it wasn't gonna happen. :wink02: