PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer OUT vs. Steelers

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-13-2008, 03:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3641482

Gonna be a tough day for Mr. Fitzpatrick.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-13-2008, 03:04 PM
The Steelers defense might just force Fizpatrick into retirement.

I can just here the Bungle fans now:

"We would have won the game if Palmer played."

The Duke
10-13-2008, 03:16 PM
damn

I would prefer if they had palmer. fitzpatrick is no challenge for the defense

oh well... woodley and harrison will take care of him

and who knows, if things go well maybe even bruce davis gets a chance at him

steelpride12
10-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Im salivating right this moment.
Dick will let the animals go all crazy against Palmer, wow i bet there chipping at the bone to get to Fitzpatrick right now.

MACH1
10-13-2008, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't exactly over look this team. We seem to play down to others levels at time. Oakland ring a bell?

But they would look good at 0-7. :sofunny:

SteelMember
10-13-2008, 03:57 PM
damn

I would prefer if they had palmer. fitzpatrick is no challenge for the defense

oh well... woodley and harrison will take care of him

and who knows, if things go well maybe even bruce davis gets a chance at him

Maybe they can pad their stats for FF or that KC Joiner guy. :chuckle:

Release the Hounds! :tt03:

lilyoder6
10-13-2008, 03:58 PM
that would be a nice site to see the bengals 0-7.. but i would also say FF ppl are happy that ryan is playing the steelers def.. the def should have a field day

fansince'76
10-13-2008, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't exactly over look this team. We seem to play down to others levels at time. Oakland ring a bell?

Agreed - particularly on the road. The Jets game last year being another example. We should stomp the crap out of them, but we should have stomped the crap out of Oakland in '06 and the Jets last year too.

tony hipchest
10-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Agreed - particularly on the road. The Jets game last year being another example. We should stomp the crap out of them, but we should have stomped the crap out of Oakland in '06 and the Jets last year too.inexperinced qb's in general make me nervous. cutler, leinart, clement... (didnt beck for miami start against us last year?)

Edman
10-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Fitzpatrick did a decent job against the Jets. I wouldn't get too sure of ourselves. Especially since the Steelers have a habit of playing down to their competition on the road and usually lost. Oakland and Atlanta in 2006; Denver, Arizona, and the Jets last year...

Mosca
10-13-2008, 04:28 PM
I know exactly what Tomlin is saying right now. He's saying, "Stick to the game plan. This is the NFL, if you get careless or assume anything you will wind up looking at a big "L" on the scoreboard. Do what we know how to do, be smart and be violent, and we will take what is ours."

If we aren't prepared, or if we let our guard down, Mr Fitzpatrick will drink our milkshake.

revefsreleets
10-13-2008, 04:54 PM
The Bengals will play us as tough as they can. They hate us and are monumentally jealous of us all at once. Anything they've got left they'll give us...

Hines0wnz
10-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I agree with you all. This is good news/bad news and makes this an even bigger trap game. Hopefully the team was watching the Rams/Skins game yesterday and took notes. I dont see Tomlin allowing anything but focus though because the toughest stretch of the season is upcoming and will determine playoff seeding most likely.

MasterOfPuppets
10-13-2008, 05:50 PM
why is it EVERY time we play a team with a bad record, it has to be a "trap game" :rolleyes:

Hines0wnz
10-13-2008, 05:55 PM
why is it EVERY time we play a team with a bad record, it has to be a "trap game" :rolleyes:

Not every game, just this one. :flap:

Just look at the facts:

- backup QB starting for them
- Steelers coming off a bye week
- Bungles are 0 for 2008
- teams with better records are past this game

Why wouldnt this be considered a trap game? :wink02:

X-Terminator
10-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Well, if the Hounds take out Fitzpatrick, then they'll get to beat up on Rosie's little sister Jordan - she is likely going to be the backup on Sunday :sofunny:

Seriously, if the Steelers play the way they're capable of playing, and not get overconfident, they should win this one by at least 30. The Bungles are BADLY overmatched, even if they don't get all of their injured players back.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Carson squats when he goes tinkle...What a puss for real...A sore elbow...Ben has a sore everything and he doesn't miss a start...

I have read some various posts around the web about Cowboys fans crying about Romo getting killed since the Cowboys OL sucks...lol That just cracked me up.....If they only had a clue....Sorry to go off topic but Ben gets killed every week and now Cowboys fans are crying that Romo is out with a broken pinky...lol Romo gets far more protection a game then Ben does...

Preacher
10-13-2008, 07:31 PM
This game SHOULD BE a blood bath.

However, like others have said, we have a tendency to play down to teams.

touchdownward
10-13-2008, 08:17 PM
The bungs are desperately looking for something to hang their hat on this season. Beating our Steelers would be a serious feather in their cap which is looking like Grandma's plucked chicken ready for the pot so far this season. :chuckle:

steelwall
10-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Personally I rather play against Palmer, Fitzpatrick will come into the game with the mentallity he wants the starting job.

I think Palmer has thrown in the towel. We need Wood, and Siverback to get to him early and often, then it could be a massacre. But I for one am not counting my chickens, its still a game, and we still have to do more than just show up.

SteelerFan091472
10-13-2008, 08:45 PM
The Bengals will play us as tough as they can. They hate us and are monumentally jealous of us all at once. Anything they've got left they'll give us...

Exactly. This Sunday is their Super Bowl for this season. The Steelers can't afford to take the Bengals lightly.

Hopefully, they've learned their lesson after the Jets game last season.

lilyoder6
10-13-2008, 09:26 PM
well the difference of ben and romo is that romo actually broke a finger on his throwing hand.. which is important.. and ben has just been "hurt"

i would hope to see the def just shut there off out

Crushzilla
10-13-2008, 11:14 PM
:muhaha:

P.S. this :grouphug: ..... Is not being used enough.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-13-2008, 11:23 PM
This is good. Go in and curb stomp the Bengals the first half, then rest the starters in the 2nd.

Byron Leftwich can give Ben another bye week.

steelwall
10-13-2008, 11:43 PM
This is good. Go in and curb stomp the Bengals the first half, then rest the starters in the 2nd.

Byron Leftwich can give Ben another bye week.

If it works out that way, Im ALLL for it!!!!!!!!!!

KeiselPower99
10-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Now they do have Carsons bro on the team maybe he will give us a chance to still hit a Palmer this week.

Galax Steeler
10-14-2008, 04:04 AM
Hopefully it will be a long day for Fitzpatrick with silverback coming from one side and Woodley from the other hopefully they will make a sandwich of him.

SteelMember
10-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Well, if the Hounds take out Fitzpatrick, then they'll get to beat up on Rosie's little sister Jordan - she is likely going to be the backup on Sunday :sofunny:

Seriously, if the Steelers play the way they're capable of playing, and not get overconfident, they should win this one by at least 30. The Bungles are BADLY overmatched, even if they don't get all of their injured players back.

Rosie Palmer. :chuckle: Very Good. His uncle...Harry.

The Steelers should seriously kill this weekend. They need to give another butt whippin' like they did to the texans. These close games are gonna' give me a heart attack.:thud:

Steelman16
10-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Given our penchent for somehow always allowing young or inexperienced quarterbacks to have great days against us, I think we have to bring the heat early and often. If we're up by 30 at the half, awesome, but if not, we have to pound Fitzpatrick. If I'm not mistaken, he hasn't faced any defenses quite like ours yet.

Unleash the Hounds! Let's put both Deebo and Wood on the very top of the charts. :thumbsup:

STEELAMANIA
10-15-2008, 01:55 PM
As long as Ben throws to Sweed when they get inside the opponents 40, this will be any easy win. If Ben ignores Sweed, we might be in trouble.

The Duke
10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
As long as Ben throws to Sweed when they get inside the opponents 40, this will be any easy win. If Ben ignores Sweed, we might be in trouble.

:screwy:

yeah, sure....

fansince'76
10-15-2008, 03:26 PM

Yup, that's why we're 4-1 without him even playing a down. Give it a rest already.

lilyoder6
10-15-2008, 03:40 PM
plz.. we been doing fine with out him.. let's see what he can bring to the table in this game

Muppet13
10-15-2008, 08:09 PM
The Bengals are sure to go 0-16.

lilyoder6
10-15-2008, 08:30 PM
they'll have a chance to win a game.. still a long season left.. they did give the boys and g-men headaches when they played

SteelCityMan786
10-15-2008, 10:01 PM
The Steelers defense might just force Fizpatrick into retirement.

I can just here the Bungle fans now:

"We would have won the game if Palmer played."

They're still saying that about the playoff game on the Road to SB 40. :blah:

CantStop85
10-16-2008, 12:32 AM
they'll have a chance to win a game.. still a long season left.. they did give the boys and g-men headaches when they played

As long as they win one more game, I'm fine with them losing at this point. 0-16 would be historically embarassing, but 1-15 would secure the #1 pick in the draft.

Here's to rebuilding. May Mike Brown have an epiphany not mess it up this time. :drink:

HometownGal
10-16-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm definitely not overlooking this game, as a wounded animal can be very dangerous.

I'm sure Cartoon is breathing a sigh of relief knowing he doesn't have to face Troy, Wood, Silverback & Co. :laughing:

I'm hoping the Steelers D does the "Charlie Frye" on Fitzpatrick and gives him a proper send-off. :applaudit:

stillers4me
10-16-2008, 08:16 AM
If the Bungals pull off a win, there will be riots in the streets.

I'm being serious.......the last time they beat us, we had a hard time getting out of Martino's with the drunken Bungal fans running up and down Vine Street screaming "Who Dey" and trying to flood the front door of the bar. Marty had to call the police and we escaped out the side door. I was grateful my hubby is 6'6'' tall and still built like the defensive end he used to be 35 years ago.

Don't let me down, boys! :tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't care who the effing QB is under center for the Bengals, I still want 6 sacks, 16 knockdowns, 2 fumbles and 3 ints.

I want them DEAD!