PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson fined by NFL

BB2W
12-03-2005, 04:01 PM
The NFL and Chad Johnson are back at it.

ESPN reported The Cincinnati Bengals receiver was fined $5,000 for his touchdown celebration last week, where he grabbed an end zone pylon and used it to "putt" the football after scoring on a 54-yard pass from Carson Palmer. The league ruled celebration violated its policy against prolonged, excessive and premeditated displays.

An NFL spokesman did tell ESPN if it was Johnson's first fine of the season.

link-----> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10309548/

bengalsfan21
12-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Those sons of *****es

Koopa
12-03-2005, 04:16 PM
i think he should've been suspended for sundays game lol, damn the nfl sucks, they don't let you do shit anymore

tony hipchest
12-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Those sons of *****es

wasnt part of the rule not to use props though? the pylon was definitely a prop. its the same as grabbing the yard markers after a 1st down and parading around the field with them. or picking up a refs yellow penalty flag and doing the lambada with it.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Its about f$%king time!

SteelR1
12-03-2005, 04:55 PM
The rule is no props, so the fine is his to pay.. I wish they allowed more creative thinking by the players, but the props have to stay out!!

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-03-2005, 05:12 PM
I hate all of it. As my old coach always said "act like you've been there before"

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Sorry chad, but we arent gonna bring money to Heinz Field to help pay for your fine !!

bengalsfan21
12-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Yea it is a prop but it isn't like he had it waiting there or he planted it, it's something that is always there....But it is only 5,000 he wipes his ass with 5,000

Suitanim
12-03-2005, 06:33 PM
The sad thing is that he will continue to act like a 3rd rate jackass by perpetrating these juvenille displays of trailer park behaviour which, apparently, the Bungals fans, like a short bus full of retards, can't help but laugh at.

He's promised that if he scores this week, we'll get to see his greatest performance yet. Judging by what I've seen so far, I'd have to guess he'll probably pull down his pants, bend over, pull a lighter out of somewhere and light a fart.

I'm sure the Bengals fans will be amazed and love it.

The NFL needs to suspend him for a game to get this blatant and absurd jackassery to stop. It makes a mockery of the very game itself.

SteelCityMan786
12-03-2005, 07:10 PM
aww Damn it I was looking forward to seeing a mocking of that being done by Hines. Well is riverdance mocking in store.

CantStop85
12-03-2005, 11:15 PM
The sad thing is that he will continue to act like a 3rd rate jackass by perpetrating these juvenille displays of trailer park behaviour which, apparently, the Bungals fans, like a short bus full of retards, can't help but laugh at.

He's promised that if he scores this week, we'll get to see his greatest performance yet. Judging by what I've seen so far, I'd have to guess he'll probably pull down his pants, bend over, pull a lighter out of somewhere and light a fart.

The NFL needs to suspend him for a game to get this blatant and absurd jackassery to stop. It makes a mockery of the very game itself.
What crawled up your ass and died?

Actually, 90% of America finds Chad's antics funny. You, old sport, are part of the minority.

tony hipchest
12-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Judging by what I've seen so far, I'd have to guess he'll probably pull down his pants, bend over, pull a lighter out of somewhere and light a fart.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tony hipchest
12-04-2005, 10:17 AM

Actually, 90% of America finds Chad's antics funny. You, old sport, are part of the minority.

nice invented stats. when did you conduct this poll? source?

SteelCityMan786
12-04-2005, 12:00 PM

We Name you fibber of 2005.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2005, 12:16 PM

:dancing: :toofunny: :kick: :point: :toast: :flipoff: :joker: :banana: :laughing: :buttkick:

tony hipchest
12-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Yea it is a prop but it isn't like he had it waiting there or he planted it, it's something that is always there....But it is only 5,000 he wipes his ass with 5,000

so would grabbing the yard marker and pretending to ride it like a gallopping pony be ok?

i think it would be funny if someone picked up a yellow flag and pretended to wipe away tears while the penalized was *****ing about it. that would probably get another flag though. but it still would be funny if chad or hines did it. i dont mind carrot top johnsons celebrations too much as long as theyre not wack like putting with a pylon.