PDA

View Full Version : LOST DOG IN THE MEMPHIS TN AREA

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Hey there Steeler Fans we have a lost Pharaoh Hound ( just like my pic) in the Memphis TN area. She got away from her owners on Saturday while they were at a dog show. The last sighting was today Monday at 2:30 in the vicinity of Ashmont & Popular a residential area.

She is only a baby 10 months old so if any steeler brethren are in the Memphis area keep your eyes peeled for her. The link below has a photo and contact phone numbers. Her coat color is red but the last person that saw here said she was covered in mud. She looks very much like a small deer.

The owners have brought in search dogs they will start looking again in the morning. News stations have been alerted and they have been running little spots on the news. There is a reward. Positive thoughts to Kacey this poor little girl is probably so freaked out it just makes me sick.

http://forums.doghobbyist.com/view.php?id=185887,185893

MasterOfPuppets
10-13-2008, 11:01 PM
thats a dog??? :pde: looks more like a frickin deer....:noidea:

nojobny
10-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Oh that's so sad. Good luck. I hope it all works out.

Godfather
10-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Do you have any friends in the real estate business? They can access the Cris/Cross directory and get a list of mailing addresses in that area. You can print up and send postcards to the area with the dog's picture and the owners' contact information.

memphissteelergirl
10-15-2008, 09:40 AM
I was at that dog show last weekend. Wow. I hope they find her. :hug:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Do you have any friends in the real estate business? They can access the Cris/Cross directory and get a list of mailing addresses in that area. You can print up and send postcards to the area with the dog's picture and the owners' contact information.

They have totally blitzed the area and surrounding area with flyers, the news media has taken hold of the story and the radio stations. There was supposed to be an ad in the newspaper. There are 50 to 100 people working behind the scenes emailing flyers to strip malls, police stations, vets, real estate companies ect ect. They have been using tracking dogs for the last three days and have been able to pick up her scent and track her. They are thinking of possibly securing a helicopter tomorrow to get an aerial view. I just spoke to her owner and she seems to be following the Wolf River and staying off the main roads which is a plus but it makes it hard as there have been no sightings due to her staying under cover. They have opened up a rescue fund for donations so please keep your fingers crossed and keep positive thoughts. Will keep you posted.

MACH1
10-15-2008, 11:28 PM
thats a dog??? :pde: looks more like a frickin deer....:noidea:

Its not deer season is it. Sorry couldn't resist.

Hopefully they find the dog.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-23-2008, 12:52 AM
I am happy to report that after 11 exhausting days of searching Kacey was found today alive and in one piece. She is pretty good condition considering everything. She was taken directly to the vet and will be spending the night just as a precaution and will be released tomorrow. Her owner will be flying in to make the trek back home to New York.

:applaudit::applaudit: We're doing the happy dance. :applaudit::applaudit:

memphissteelergirl
10-23-2008, 09:40 AM
I am happy to report that after 11 exhausting days of searching Kacey was found today alive and in one piece. She is pretty good condition considering everything. She was taken directly to the vet and will be spending the night just as a precaution and will be released tomorrow. Her owner will be flying in to make the trek back home to New York.

:applaudit::applaudit: We're doing the happy dance. :applaudit::applaudit:

I heard the report on the local morning news! Awesome news! :thumbsup:

HometownGal
10-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Great news on finding Kacey alive and well! :drink: I'm sure she was happy to see everyone she loves!

Leftoverhard
10-23-2008, 10:00 AM
That's great - My dog went missing for 30 days once and I found him. It just shows you never give up if you can help it. Good job.

The Duke
10-23-2008, 03:56 PM
that's great news

I don't know what it feels like to lose your dog, but I know the poor animal feels lost after some time

I have taken care of some lost dogs , they are usually just grateful to not be alone. sadly, some people just don't care

anyway, I'm glad she's ok. Pharaoh hounds are cool :thumbsup:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Here is a link http://forums.doghobbyist.com/view.php?id=186664,186664
to a photo after Jay spent 4 hours trying to coax her over to him. He also has a Pharaoh Hound so she was very receptive but still cautious seeing one of "her own kind." I think she has a rather indigent look on her face and seems to be saying. "stupid freaking humans I can't believe it took you 11 days to catch a 10 month old puppy, don't you know I have lost out on some very valuable couch time?"

Here is how the adventure ended...

Dear Pharaoh Hound Community and All Our Friends,

Where do I begin? I can't even think straight these last few hours. We are all in a little fog right now with emotions running high. First and foremost, I must again thank all of you who have come together to bring Kacey home. From the core group of people who worked tirelessly to bring her home these past 11 Days, to the volunteers that met their first Pharaoh Hound on Saturday to all those Pharaoh Folks who took off their show clothes put on jeans and started searching the trails, fields and creeks of the Agri-center the afternoon that she went missing, we cannot thank you enough nor are there words to express our gratitude for the time, resources and dedication you have given this search.

I must mention two people in particular who have given of themselves above and beyond. Bonnie Folz who took on the role of National Search Coordinator and Jay Stone who coordinated the search locally in the Memphis Area. Our biggest break came last night with a call from a gentleman who was sure he spotted Kacey on the running trail across the Wolf River from the Agricenter where she went missing. Jay went immediately to the area where Kacey was spotted. Jay stayed out until 12am with no success in spotting her; even with his newly purchased spot light. The gentleman who spotted her last night went back to the trail this am in the hopes of spotting her again...low and behold there she was. He immediately called Jay who asked him to stay there and keep her in his sights. Jay arrived immediately and there she was standing about 13 ft in front of him and too frightened to come closer. When Jay called her name, she immediately went back into the tree line. Jay decided to set up camp with his chair, his Pharaoh Hound and his food bag. Kacey came out for food and eventually took food out of Jay's hand yet she would not allow him to put a lead on her or take her up in his arms; at least not yet. After several hours, Kacey decided that Jay was trustworthy enough for him to calmly scoop her up in his arms. She fell asleep on Jay's lap on the way to the Veterinarian's office where she now is. Kacey will be spending the night for observation, blood work and IV Fluids. She is dehydrated, full of ticks and has a few cuts and abrasions but overall looks pretty good for being out in the elements for 11 Days. The vet reiterated how truly lucky we are to have our Kacey back; many dogs in that area do not make it out of the creeks and trails due to the large amount of snakes that inhabit this particular geography; he commented what remarkably good condition she is in given the circumstances.

All of the experts said that Kacey was considered a "roaming dog" and would not return back to the area where she went missing. They convinced us that she would continue moving away from the Agricenter. One of the only people who told me early on that she would come back was Thom Haig who insisted that she would return; when all the sightings were telling us she was heading back to the Agricenter (a good 8-9 miles from her last sighting in Collierville), I kept remembering what Thom told me.

As it turns out she was not that far from the hotel we stayed out with her brother and sister and left only last saturday.

I am in the process of making travel arrangements to go back to Memphis in the next day or two to pick up our girl (once the Veternarian clears her for travel) and bring her home. I will keep you all posted on her progress.

CanadianSteel
10-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Congrats on finding your dog as they are just about the coolest friend that one can have.... and must have been awful while she was missing......
my dog ran away from granparents house one day while they were watching her , good thing she was smart and ran right back to out house about a mile away and found laying on out front step.... very lucky to not get hit by a car though...
Congrats again on finding your friend...