PDA

View Full Version : the plot thickens...

jdsdaguy
10-14-2008, 04:35 AM
just when you think the clowns aren't a factor anymore, they do something stupid like beat the giants....... this must be a work of god. BUT THE CLOWNS STILL SUCK!!!

Galax Steeler
10-14-2008, 04:46 AM
They got lucky and won one they are the stains and wont be a factor.

Blonde Bomber
10-14-2008, 07:09 AM
One glaring hole in the Clowns Defense is that as soon as they take Rogers out, the Giants ran it right up the middle, and were blowing right into the secondary.

bozz723
10-14-2008, 08:35 AM
The Gianrts are overrated - it's as simple as that. Look what the Bengals did to them. We just need to focus on winning our games, and not what everyone else is doing. We control our own destiny.

Glace
10-14-2008, 10:08 AM
It's completely open for the Steelers this year.

There isn't really one team that's standing out and dominating games like the Patriots did last year.

The Titans are looking tough but I think they're ripe for the picking.

drucifer
10-14-2008, 10:10 AM
The Gianrts are overrated - it's as simple as that. Look what the Bengals did to them. We just need to focus on winning our games, and not what everyone else is doing. We control our own destiny.

The entire NFC east is overrated IMO. The Eagles received the benefit of poor offensive play calling from the Steelers, and still barely won. Had last night's game featured our boys in place of the Stains, the outcome wouldn't have been much different, except that our starters would have been pulled late in the 3rd. :tt02:

steelpride12
10-14-2008, 11:09 AM
We still have a good two games lead in the division and the Browns beat a team from the NFC and other than a win, they still have a long way to go to catch up.

Mosca
10-14-2008, 11:15 AM
No team is really as good as it appears (ESPECIALLY the Steelers); few teams are really as bad as they appear (Lions excepted). Even the Rams can jump up and bite you.

Prepare completely for every game, play to crush your opponent, it's the only way. As much as I hated the Pats last year, that's how a team should do it; make them hate you because you are so dominating.

steelreserve
10-14-2008, 11:51 AM
So? We're 4-1 despite a rash of poorly timed injuries. The next-best teams in our division are 2-3, and a bad 2-3 at that. Both of them would probably be 1-4 if they hadn't gotten a gimme victory against the Bengals. I still like our chances.

Steely McSmash
10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
I like that the Brownnies pulled this one out.

The "any team on any given Sunday' mantra has been missing from sports dialog too long.

This seemed to go out of favor when the Pats were good around 2002.

fansince'76
10-14-2008, 12:42 PM
As much as I hated the Pats last year, that's how a team should do it; make them hate you because you are so dominating.

I think the revelations of 7 years of cheating, the subsequent joke of a "punishment" by Goodell, and their acting like THEY were the victims in all of it had something to do with the hatred, but that's just me. :noidea:

steelreserve
10-14-2008, 01:14 PM
I think the revelations of 7 years of cheating, the subsequent joke of a "punishment" by Goodell, and their acting like THEY were the victims in all of it had something to do with the hatred, but that's just me. :noidea:

Hey, don't forget poor sportsmanship and boastfulness throughout, along with the benefit of a few badly timed questionable calls and the inability to win the Super Bowl by any method other than an uninspiring 30-yard drive to kick a field goal. That had something to do with it too.

missedgehead
10-14-2008, 02:00 PM

LOL The Giants are overrated? LOL That is a laugh. I don't think so. I had a feeling I would hear this poppyprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilter profanityfilter as soon as they lost. Whatever. Bad day at the office. NO more. No less. I suggest you take your own advice and worry that the Steelers don't get TOO overconfident.

fansince'76
10-14-2008, 02:35 PM
LOL The Giants are overrated? LOL That is a laugh. I don't think so. I had a feeling I would hear this poppyprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilter profanityfilter as soon as they lost. Whatever. Bad day at the office. NO more. No less. I suggest you take your own advice and worry that the Steelers don't get TOO overconfident.

Why don't you pick a single bandwagon and go with it already? :coffee:

jjpro11
10-14-2008, 04:34 PM
thats it... the browns are taking the afc north.. first it was the browns, then the ravens, now it will go back to the browns.. just wait for all the talk to start up.

steelpride12
10-14-2008, 04:36 PM

Steeler Fan? Or Bandwagon? :coffee:

Preacher
10-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Are the Giants overrated?

No. As I have said before. They are the SB champs, and have been playing like it. Sure, they barely won the game against the Bungles and lost this game. Then again, we lost to Baltimore who was 6-10 the year we won the SB.

New England lost to the Dolphins in 2004... a 4-12 DOLPHIN TEAM, on their way to a SB.

One loss doesn't mean anything. After all, we lost to Philly, but would anyone say that right now... best out of 7, we would lose it?

I don't think so. it was a bad day.

But edgewhatever... Calm your horses. There is nothing to worry about with the Steelers either.

MACH1
10-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Why don't you pick a single bandwagon and go with it already? :coffee:

Needs to have a couple bandwagons so when they fall off one they can hitch a ride on the other. :coffee:

Stlrs4Life
10-14-2008, 08:14 PM

Exactly, worry about our own huse before we worry about somebody elses.

NJarhead
10-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Are the Giants overrated?

No. As I have said before. They are the SB champs, and have been playing like it. Sure, they barely won the game against the Bungles and lost this game. Then again, we lost to Baltimore who was 6-10 the year we won the SB.
New England lost to the Dolphins in 2004... a 4-12 DOLPHIN TEAM, on their way to a SB.

One loss doesn't mean anything. After all, we lost to Philly, but would anyone say that right now... best out of 7, we would lose it?

I don't think so. it was a bad day.

But edgewhatever... Calm your horses. There is nothing to worry about with the Steelers either.

Thanks Preach. Woodley himself said today on the radio, "don't you dare judge a team by their record." He was talking about a losing team. The Browns are still an NFL team with top NFL draft choices and top NFL FA's on their roster.

I can't sit here say that the Steelers haven't been burned in the past by a few trick plays (or benefited from running them for that matter). Their 4-1 just like us. Are we overrated too?

Some of these kids need to shut up and watch for a few more years.