PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com commercial (attn out of state fans)

Kittyfish
10-14-2008, 09:09 AM
There is a commercial for NFL shop.com or someplace which features a camera panning over a room chock full of Steelers memorabilia - anything and everything you can imagine, old and new - while an opera song plays in the background. Finally the camera rests on a lamp with a plain white shade. The payoff line is "What's with the lamp?" and then it directs you to where you can buy an appropriate Steeler themed lamp to fit the rest of the decor.

It is a cool commercial and I enjoy it when it comes on. My question is - are there similar commercials across the rest of the country, featuring other teams? I can't imagine they would play this Steelers themed commercial in Dallas, for example. Are you Texas fans forced to watch the same commercial, only with Cowyboys memorabilia? Or do they really use the Steelers one across the country rather than shoot a new commercial for every team?

I have noticed too in catalogues, the Steeler logo/example is often highlighted when advertising a sports-related item. Is this type of thing targeted differently to different areas of the country or is it just because the Steelers tend to have more out of area fans than other teams? Anybody have a guess?

STEELtownHAVOX
10-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Here in Maryland this is the same commerical I see. No Redskins or Ravens.

chenzzo
10-14-2008, 10:16 AM
We get the same commercial in Florida. I just figured it was because Steeler fans are known for being Superfans!

klick81
10-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Here in Southern California we get the same commercial with the Steelers. I love it.

Kittyfish
10-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks, guys. Knowing the same commercial is shown all over the country makes it even cooler somehow. I guess they chose the Steelers because there are so many out of state fans. Must suck to have our team shoved in your face if you're not a fan though. Take that, Dallas/NE! Heh.

SteelersGirlTN7
10-14-2008, 05:03 PM
I love that commercial! It annoys all the titans fans I know here in Nashville .. LOL

The Duke
10-14-2008, 06:50 PM
lol, I get that commercial all the way to panama. Nfl network, but still

T&B fan
10-14-2008, 09:15 PM
we get it up here also gota love it ... I read some place that Steelers memorabilia is one of the top 3 selling . most years it's just the top teams , we are in the top yr after yr

Hapa
10-14-2008, 10:01 PM
I saw the Steelers one on TV in New Jersey.

TailgateMel
10-14-2008, 10:02 PM
hijack, but I think that commercial is really funny (for some reason)... and the other day, the hubby & I were at a store that sells a bunch of steelers stuff (amounts other crap & other Pittsburgh teams stuff) & they had a Steelers lamp... I turned to him & said "Whats with the lamp?" - guess ya had to be there..lol

anyways... cool to hear that is the same all throughout the country!

Mel

Mamaduck43
10-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Yep - - it airs here in Colorado and my daughter in the Green Bay area says that her DH always makes the statement, "That looks like your mom's house" when it airs there... And for what it is worth, I have 4 Steelers lamps so the commercial wouldn't have worked in my apartment!!!!!

I love it.... I have had cyber friends that have told me that every time they see it, they think of me.... :tt02: