PDA

View Full Version : Ucla/usc

Suitanim
12-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Obviously, Colorado had nothing at all for Texas, but I sniff a possible upset in the works here.

Since my ideal OSU/PSU championship ain't gonna happen, I'm pulling for Georgia and UCLA and a PSU/UT Rose Bowl...it'd sure be nice to finally stop hearing about how great USC is for a few months...

BB2W
12-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Camon UCLA!!! :alcohol:

Suitanim
12-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Hmmmm...they are blaming THIS wind for Leinert going 0-5? Wow, people in La-La land have no idea what wind really is. If he can't throw in a liightly swirling 15 MPH in the warm sun, what's he gonna do in the NFL in Buffalo in December when it's 15 below and the wind is blowing sideways at 40 MPH?

SalukiSteelers
12-03-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm pulling for the Trojans in this one, though if I were betting on this one I'd hate to lay the points if my money was on USC.

Since the BCS isn't going anywhere we might as well get a great national championship game.

Suitanim
12-03-2005, 05:10 PM
If Texas plays anyone in the current top 5, we'll have a great game...

"USC this, and USC that" gets old, fast...

Suitanim
12-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Either we've been duped by the media into thinking that the PAC-10 isn't a soft conference, and that UCLA and Oregon are legitimate top 10 teams, or Reggie Bush is the greatest college running back in history.

Right now, I'm strongly leaning towards the former.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2005, 05:31 PM
If UCLA has any hopes in this game, they have got to score points now,.. its 10-0 and Bush already has over 100 yds rushing...

Suitanim
12-03-2005, 05:41 PM
I don't think UCLA has any hopes in this game. I think this kind of exposes the Pac 10 as a one team conference, like FSU used to be in the ACC.

Texas plays good hard physical football, especially defensively, and I'm not sure the Trojans have seen anything like that this year. I give Texas a very good chance to beat USC in the Rose Bowl.

I'll also admit to falling for all the hype circulating about UCLA this week. I thought they had a great offense and a solid defense. They may have a decent offense, but, Hell, this is one god awful defensive product they have on the field right now.

SalukiSteelers
12-03-2005, 06:43 PM
I don't know, Suit, Reggie seems to make everybody look silly. I know UCLA doesn't have much of a defense but I'm pretty sure Reg will get his on Sundays, as well.

The guy might be the most versatile college running back since The Kansas Comet, Gayle Sayers. What can't this kid do? He torches everybody.

If you want to make a LenDale White TD argument, as some people like to do, I have to counter with Carroll not wanting to risk his stud getting hurt when the Trojans are in an "and-goal" situation. Why not give it to the big fella and save Bush for the rest of the field.

He can score from any position at any spot on the field. He's a TD waiting to happen no matter where the Trojans have the ball.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2005, 06:49 PM
STart of the second half and a turnover already by the bruins... This could be atleast a 400 yd rushing night for Bush !

Suitanim
12-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Not knocking Bush, he's a fine RB...but, right now, the USC OL is opening holes I could run through and end up with 100 yards and a TD.

I'm switching over to LSU/UG...wow, the Bulldogs up early 14-0!

SteelCityMan786
12-03-2005, 07:12 PM
GO BULLDOGS! Let's Go Georgia.

Koopa
12-04-2005, 02:50 AM
well ucla is way way way way way over ranked, how can you have the third was it? worse defense in college and be ranked that high? and i like bush he's a good back but he will be nowhere this good in the nfl espically if he goes to a team like the 49ers or texans, and i think he'll put up westbrook numbers for his career and won't even be mentioned as one of the best backs in the nfl just another good running back

damn i got to wait a damn month for my horns to play in the national championship game, been a good year for me this year (sports wise), spurs win championship, astros finally go to the world series, now horns going to the rose bowl to be crowned the national champions gonna be great, 2 out of three championships ain't bad, now the steelers need to top it off with one for the thumb.