PDA

View Full Version : Detroit trades Roy Williams to Dallas

tony hipchest
10-14-2008, 04:10 PM
... for a 1st rounder. :jawdrop: (nfl radio)

how the hell do they afford all this crap?

STEELtownHAVOX
10-14-2008, 04:19 PM
I read it was for "at least 1 first rounder", I guess we will soon find out.

MasterOfPuppets
10-14-2008, 04:27 PM
... for a 1st rounder. :jawdrop: (nfl radio)

how the hell do they afford all this crap?do you meen how the hell do they stay under the salery cap? cause thats what i'd like to know.....every other team has to purge star players to get under, but yet jones always finds a way to manipulate the cap......something reeks in dallas.

tony hipchest
10-14-2008, 04:28 PM
:yep:

I read it was for "at least 1 first rounder", I guess we will soon find out.just reported it was for next years 1st, 3rd, and 6th rounder. lions cash in big being roy wasnt gonna re-sign with them anyways.

steelpride12
10-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Not gonna lie, Roy Williams can be very much a threat with a good QB, so when Romo returns watch out.
Wow this makes the Cowboys a bigger threat than before and gives them an added bonus on offense.

Crushzilla
10-14-2008, 04:31 PM
WOO HOO

Fantasy value... up!

rbryan
10-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Did somebody check with TO before making the deal......lol

Does anyone else hear that ticking sound??? TO is going to have a hard time making it thru airport security this week with that time bomb up his azz.

Pittsburghfan
10-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Wow.. is Dallas right up against the cap? can someone show me their cap info?

RoethlisBURGHer
10-14-2008, 05:03 PM
I personally think TO would like this trade because the defense won't be able to double cover him anyome, otherwise Roy Williams will burn them.

MasterOfPuppets
10-14-2008, 06:04 PM
WOO HOO

Fantasy value... up!
and i just picked up crayton.....he got me 17 pts last week. i guess thats down the toilet....stupid jones. :mad:

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-14-2008, 06:12 PM
No way is worth all that.

tony hipchest
10-14-2008, 06:20 PM
No way is worth all that.i think it is. they cash in on 2 picks for puke man jones screwing up. i think they already had a few picks to burn, and they didnt waste a 1st round pick on a wr diva in 08 and wont have to in 09. they will get a known commodity who should be easilly signed to the long term.

they now have the best 1-2 wr punch in the league. (plus detroit threw in a sevent rounder along with williams)

revefsreleets
10-14-2008, 06:33 PM
w00t! I have Williams in fantasy...he might actually start paying dividends...that is if TO doesn't shank him in the shower.

Quite an operation they are running down there in Dallas...

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-14-2008, 06:38 PM
i think it is. they cash in on 2 picks for puke man jones screwing up. i think they already had a few picks to burn, and they didnt waste a 1st round pick on a wr diva in 08 and wont have to in 09. they will get a known commodity who should be easilly signed to the long term.

they now have the best 1-2 wr punch in the league. (plus detroit threw in a sevent rounder along with williams)
I don't think they are better than Fitzgerald, and Boldin. Time will tell I guess. I realize he didn't have a QB in Det., but I don't think he's lived up to the hype.

Crushzilla
10-14-2008, 06:54 PM
I don't think they are better than Fitzgerald, and Boldin. Time will tell I guess. I realize he didn't have a QB in Det., but I don't think he's lived up to the hype.

Perhaps, but the QB situation in Detriot surely hurt what was looking to be a solid career.

In his first four years he averages 912.5 yards a season. Yes, he had a 1310 season in there, but he's still good for an average of about 60 yards a game... in DETROIT.

The year with Furrey, 2006, he reeled in 82 balls for 1310 yards, averaging 81.9 a game. He threw in 7 TDs, as well. I reference this career year, because it was the only time he had a SOLID man playing opposite. Yes, Calvin Johnson is there now, but he hasn't really... arrived... yet.

He's no Jerry Rice, but he should be a nice compliment to T.O. & Witten. Add the plethora of slot men the 'Boys have and it all adds up to...

BIG FANTASY POINTS FOR RYAN!

Man am I glad I hung on to this guy :chuckle:

Crushzilla
10-14-2008, 06:57 PM
No way is worth all that.

Despite everything I just said, I do agree, with this though.

Jerry Jones, however, loves to just throw stuff around.

Also, consider what else happens. They pick up extra picks because Adam Jones is a moron and they have a replacement for Owens, who is aging. (Well we're all aging...)

Anyway, Jones doesn't have to take a risk on a first round WR now. He has a solid one that is a Texas boy.

Personally, I they should have been looking for some secondary help.

Its a shame for them the Eagles would never give Lito to a division rival.

lilyoder6
10-14-2008, 10:30 PM
even with the needed help at cb.. this was a good move.. they have added another threat at wr opposite of T.O... i mean now u have to cover t.o williams, witten and barber.. thats a lot of weapons to have single/mis-matched coverages... and with roy being 27.. there offense is now set for the future with witten and romo being young as well

Steelman16
10-14-2008, 10:37 PM
I guess they had to find another offensive threat to keep pace with their defense. :coffee:

I don't really care who's on that offense. You could have Tom Brady and Randy Moss of last year running their O, and their D would still give up a lot of points.

The Cowboys have to prove they can lay the heat consistently on the defensive side of the ball before they show me they can contend for a Super Bowl.

All things considered though, it was a good trade.

MasterOfPuppets
10-15-2008, 12:53 AM
i think it was a solid move , and a fair trade on both sides. the guy is in his prime, and proven to be solid, so there's no risk or learning curve involved like there is with a draft choice. all for a 3rd and 6th? i'd give up a 3rd and 6th to have sweed performing like a pro bowler RIGHT NOW !!! instead of wondering if he's ever gonna be the reciever we hope he'll be.
as far as detroit goes, williams or any reciever isn't going to single handedly pull detroit out of there never ending funk. anytime soon. they need to get millens finger prints off that organization, and do a complete overhaul, and that takes draft picks.

MACH1
10-15-2008, 01:23 AM
I wonder how long it'll take T.O. to go into melt down mode if Roy starts to catch more balls than he does.

Galax Steeler
10-15-2008, 04:51 AM
I wonder how long it'll take T.O. to go into melt down mode if Roy starts to catch more balls than he does.

I can see this a happening T.O. will start causing trouble in dallas.

Dino 6 Rings
10-15-2008, 12:39 PM
How hilarious would it be if the Rams beat the Cowboys this weekend.

I'd laugh so loud.

STEELAMANIA
10-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Roy Williams is a good receiver, but the years he had in Detroit will cause him to take plays off in Dallas when he gets frustrated like he did in Detroit. Some games he just looks lazy and maybe he will play like he wants to win the game in Dallas, but I think his best days are over.

SteelMember
10-15-2008, 04:20 PM
How many of those 1st round WR have left detroit now? :doh:

What are they asking for calvin johnson? I'd trade sweed, washington, baker and a draft pick. :chuckle:

Steelman16
10-16-2008, 01:15 AM

I'd laugh so loud.

:toofunny:

Oh, please, Santa, please?

Dude, I think I'd die if I saw TO cry again. :popcorn:

Hines0wnz
10-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Too bad old man Johnson cant throw the ball past his O-line. :laughing::chuckle:

lilyoder6
10-16-2008, 08:32 PM
well tony romo might be playing this week.. but i don't think the rams is a good 1st test to see roy williams in the new offense

Dino 6 Rings
10-19-2008, 08:18 PM

I'd laugh so loud.

HA! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

GUT BUSTHING HA HA HA HA HA!

Not only did the Rams beat the Cowboys, the Rams beat the ever loving shiiit out of the Cowboys!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

:rofl::toofunny::sofunny::applaudit:

MasterOfPuppets
10-19-2008, 08:24 PM
HA! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

GUT BUSTHING HA HA HA HA HA!

Not only did the Rams beat the Cowboys, the Rams beat the ever loving shiiit out of the Cowboys!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

:rofl::toofunny::sofunny::applaudit:I GOT SOME LOUD MOUTH COWBOY FANS TO HUNT DOWN......:thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
10-20-2008, 12:13 PM
One Day later...and its STILL FUNNY!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Cowboys got their butts kicked by the Rams...the Rams!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl:

stlrtruck
10-20-2008, 12:36 PM
One Day later...and its STILL FUNNY!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Cowboys got their butts kicked by the Rams...the Rams!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl:

Dude you're wrong. If you're getting your butt kicked you at least have a chance that you might be able to start fighting back. What the rams did to the cowgirls was like a UFC fight I saw the other night. First round, one shot to the head, one knee lift and TKO!!!!

:toofunny: :rofl:

rbryan
10-20-2008, 12:39 PM
I can still hear that ticking sound coming from Dallas.......lol

Its just a matter of time. Theres a great article on Yahoo this morning where they compare Jerry Jones to a younger, "slightly less meddlesome" owner than Al Davis.....Classic.