PDA

View Full Version : Heinz Field

SCSTILLER
10-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Sports Illustrated has ranked Heinz Field as the second best stadium to watch a game at behind Lambeau in Green Bay. I think that is a fair assessment.

If you dig deep and go into the atmosphere portion of the site they give quotes by actual fans on best and worst moments at the stadium. One Browns fan wrote "I'm a Cleveland fan. We're not allowed to have 'favorite' memories." I thought that was hillarious.

Here is the website, enjoy:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/fansurvey/2008/index.html

TailgateMel
10-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Affordibility & food... 4th place???? I'm kinda surprized it is that high.

I'd hate to see how much parking & cost of a beer is at other stadiums... $25 to park + $7 for a beer... yikes! But I will agree that we have some great options for food... especially on the lower level. Maybe that got it to the 4th place level.

TRS was way louder tho.

Mel

SteelMember
10-15-2008, 02:47 PM
The atmosphere is undeniable, but there are some other stadiums that have better average/upper level seating views imo. The field just seems far away in some sections. It is nicer than three rivers (real grass and more open) and it ISN'T a dome! :thumbsup:

NJarhead
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Umm, shouldn't the Giants and Jets have the same food and accessibility ranking????

Guess who's #32 in atmosphere? lol.

ben7
10-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Fair.

klick81
10-15-2008, 04:55 PM
I love this quote by a Packers fan:

"An old man who probably had season tickets since the Hayes administration kept yelling at us to 'Sit down, you kids act like you've never been to a game before? Sheesh.' Well, no, actually, we hadn't, because fossils like that guy have been clutching on to their season tickets year after year and keep out those of us who are actually excited to be there."

steelpride12
10-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Great assessment. I have been to four games and Heinz field and the atmosphere is amazing.
The whole way up the spiral walk all you hear is "Here we Go Steelers Here We go," and the food choices are pretty good as well.
Not a bad seat in the stadium i have been from nosebleeds to 50 yards line and can't pick a favorite.

HometownGal
10-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Affordibility & food... 4th place???? I'm kinda surprized it is that high.

I'd hate to see how much parking & cost of a beer is at other stadiums... $25 to park + $7 for a beer... yikes! But I will agree that we have some great options for food... especially on the lower level. Maybe that got it to the 4th place level.

TRS was way louder tho.

Mel

I loved TRS and still feel it was a better "fan friendly" stadium than HF. With the round structure and no open end, it wasn't called the "House of Noise" for nothin'!

$7 for a beer? I think that price is higher now with the Allegheny County alcohol tax. Hell - it's $8.50 for a beer at Mellon Arena, but those drunken fools (many of whom sit in our section) keep right on buying it. Highway robbery, if you ask me. :doh:

revefsreleets
10-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Save $40: Buy yourself a nice flask...2 $4 Sprites with 3 oz of alcohol in each make for a nice gamelong maintenance buzz!

TailgateMel
10-15-2008, 09:06 PM
$7 for a beer? I think that price is higher now with the Allegheny County alcohol tax.

It was $7 at the Ravens game this year. :drink: I guess I should feel lucky they aren't $8.50. :noidea:

I can't drink liquor at the game.. I end up with really really bad, irresponsible ideas when I drink liquor. :doh:

Mel

Galax Steeler
10-16-2008, 03:29 AM
Save $40: Buy yourself a nice flask...2 $4 Sprites with 3 oz of alcohol in each make for a nice gamelong maintenance buzz!

now your talking.

stlrtruck
10-16-2008, 07:17 AM
I loved TRS and still feel it was a better "fan friendly" stadium than HF. With the round structure and no open end, it wasn't called the "House of Noise" for nothin'!

A woman after my own heart! I loved TRS too. That wind coming off the "lake" in November and December would chill me to the bone but the noise in that place was incredible.

Now I like Heinz but really during a game I don't need to see downtown. Close it off like TRS was and let the noise stay where it belongs!!!! :tt03:

SteelMember
10-16-2008, 07:25 AM

I've had this idea, but with all the "full body cavity searches" going on these days, your lucky to get your car keys in. :chuckle:

SCSTILLER
10-16-2008, 07:27 AM
[QUOTE=HometownGal;455150]I loved TRS and still feel it was a better "fan friendly" stadium than HF. With the round structure and no open end, it wasn't called the "House of Noise" for nothin'! QUOTE]

Yeah, TRS was alot louder. I remember people jumping up and down on the moveable bleachers, how the bleachers didn't collapse is beyond me. My family's tix were in the shady part of the stadium too, so I really don't ever remember being warm at TRS.

I do like Heinz Field, think it has better amenities, but there was something about TRS that I cannot put my finger on. Maybe it was watching the games with my grandad their for the first time, not sure, but the Concrete Ashtray :chuckle: was a great stadium.

TailgateMel
10-16-2008, 08:38 AM
I've had this idea, but with all the "full body cavity searches" going on these days, your lucky to get your car keys in. :chuckle:

Give it to a lady.. they send me to another line with a lady... she touches me on the side about chest height & hip height & checks any bag/purse we have with us.. that is it. I've even snuck a few cans in on cold (mega-coat wearing) days... lol.

Mel

the_king_from_leon
10-16-2008, 09:47 AM
To be honest $7 is going to be cheaper than what im paying in a weeks time at the london game where the beers will be closer to $8! That really is highway robbery!