PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a trap Game?

Carolina Steelers
10-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Everyone is saying well be fine without Willie its the Bengals their Winless. Palmer isnt playing this should be an easy win. I dont buy that, this is the NFL every week is tough Just ask the Giants & the Redskins that lost to the winless Rams and were heavily favored and not even a divisonal opponent. On paper yes we should dominate but lets not forget the game isnt played a paper.

Go Steelers:tt02:

NJarhead
10-15-2008, 10:27 PM
I don't think divisional games can be trap games. Even if we had the 07' Patriots the following week, these teams hate each other.

slippy
10-15-2008, 10:28 PM
this game has to be a 17-7 blowout: a lot of runs, a few punts and no possible way in hell for cin to score 10 points to tie the game.

if this isn't a boring ho-hum win, then that is not a good sign for us.

Galax Steeler
10-16-2008, 04:40 AM
We need to go in and dominate the game and not take them lightly and win 42 to nothing.

stlrtruck
10-16-2008, 08:19 AM
It could be a trap game. Desperate times call for desperate measures and if you don't think that going 0-7 doesn't call for desperation, the you're crazier than a loon.

The Steelers need to play, "Balls Out" football - damn Goodell and his fines!!!

SCSTILLER
10-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Slippy, I really hope it isn't a boring ho-hum game for US! I hope you we completely crush them from start to finish. I would like to see Ben and the receivers put up 21 in the first three possesions, then let our defense and running backs take over.

Can't wait to watch it, hate the bye weeks!

stillers4me
10-16-2008, 09:09 AM
All the players players and even Tomlin talked about the records this week when interviewed and stated the records mean nothing and that they are going into the game as if the Bengals are undefeated. I hope the attitude stays with them and we blow them up. They all mention the Jets and Broncos games last year. They haven't forgotten.

One of the reasons we didn't jump on tickets this time ( and we could get them pretty cheap) is we don't really want to go down there and watch the second and third stringers play out the last half. But watching the Bengals fans file out onto I 71 at half time would be fun......... imagine PB stadium with only black and gold in it for half the game..........:toofunny:

Seriously......we all thought we'd clobber the Jets last year and we were sadly mistaken. You just never know.

Mosca
10-16-2008, 09:19 AM
EVERY game could be a trap game, including this one. I think that is one of the challenges of a coaching staff, and something that differentiates the Dungys and Cowhers from the Crennells and the Manginis; the better coaches don't let their guys get trapped as often.

Tomlin is still learning this, as witnessed by last year.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Mosca is right. Every game is a trap game. The NFL is a league of parody and you have to bring your A game each week.

Warren Sapp once laughed at how fans say "you SHOULD beat this team". Sapp said that every team in the NFL has a chance to win each week. "Its not like you can schedule Austin Peay for homecoming week in the NFL", Sapp commented.

steelpride12
10-16-2008, 11:08 AM
We do have a tendency to loss games away against a bad team so i say yes it is.
I feel the only way we can lose the game is by shooting ourselves in the foot and causing bad turnovers.

The defense will have a good game containing Perry, and sacking Fitzpatrick, but we need to watch out for desperates plays and trick plays.
Play well and we will win.

The_WARDen
10-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I thought that a "trap game" was a game against a bad opponent sandwiched between 2 tough opponents. If my understanding is correct, then by definition can't be a "trap game" unless the bye is considered a tough opponent.

LVSteelersfan
10-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Mosca is right. Every game is a trap game. The NFL is a league of parody and you have to bring your A game each week.

Warren Sapp once laughed at how fans say "you SHOULD beat this team". Sapp said that every team in the NFL has a chance to win each week. "Its not like you can schedule Austin Peay for homecoming week in the NFL", Sapp commented.

You are right about it being a league of parody. Meaning that it is a big joke with all the fines and stuff. It is actually a league of PARITY. Totally different meaning there. Oh oh, I must be joining the grammar police. Just thought that league of parody was a pretty funny thing. :tt02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-16-2008, 04:26 PM
You are right about it being a league of parody. Meaning that it is a big joke with all the fines and stuff. It is actually a league of PARITY. Totally different meaning there. Oh oh, I must be joining the grammar police. Just thought that league of parody was a pretty funny thing. :tt02:

:rofl: Must have been that Tina Fey- Palin parody impacting my judgement. Busted bye the grammer pulice agian.... :chair:

I feel like the panda. Eats-shoots-leaves.

Makaveli
10-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Could we come out flat and then our offense proceeds to do everything within their power to be certain that we fall short of victory ? This could very well happen, as it has been our "style" at certain points as of late.

But i don't see it happening this week. No matter how "up" the Bungles may be for this game, they are an almost broken unit in terms of morale and from a coaching standpoint. (No one in that Locker room can possibly truly relish the fact that Marvin Lewis is still coaching there.)

#1LambertFan
10-16-2008, 05:50 PM
I say if we are in the position to, we need to establish a good lead and let some guys rest. After this week we are through the gravy of our schedule and we've got to be healthy going into them.

Hines0wnz
10-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Divisional games are never ho hums. The only reason I consider it a trap game is because of the toughness of the schedule coming up. They must stick to the one-game-at-a-time mentality.

hizmi
10-16-2008, 08:12 PM
If we play an average game on offense, we will win. Our defense will by fine, and our special teams should be fine.

So long as our offense doesn't turn it over multiple times and we manage to make a few plays here and there, I'll think we'll win fairly comfortably. The key is to avoid an implosion (see Jets last year, Eagles this year).

revefsreleets
10-16-2008, 08:13 PM
A trap game is any game in which the superior opponent (and their fans, by extension) assume an automatic win.

The Browns are an exclusion to this rule, since they are our bitches and have become an auto 2-3 wins a year (3 if they somehow make the playoffs).

This is a trap game, since the Bengals are not the Browns.

Havik
10-17-2008, 09:53 AM
This is a trap game. All it takes is for the Steelers to get stupid and turn the ball over. Remember, everyone assumed the Raiders were an automatic win in 2006.