PDA

View Full Version : Tony Womo Out Three To Four Weeks With Bwoken Widdle Fingey

Mosca
10-16-2008, 10:01 AM
The Onion strikes again.... (http://www.theonion.com/content/news/tony_womo_out_three_to_four_weeks)

DAWWAS—Cowboys medical personnel confirm that quawterback Tony Womo injured his thwowing hand in last week's 30-24 loss to the Arizona Cardinals and is expected to miss the next month after suffewing a sevewy bwoken wight pinkie-winkie.

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/TS-Tony-Romo-R.article.jpg

Team doctors originally believed Womo's poor, poor bwoken fingey was merewy spwained, despite the quarterback insisting that his pinkie felt really, really, really ouchie after being hit by wots and wots of big mean mans during the first play of overtime.

The Cowboys are denying rumors that Womo will require weconstwuctive pinkie surgewy, insisting that it is only a bad owie and that Womo will not be placed on injuwed weserve.

"Tony has been very, very bwave through all this and barely cried at all when he heard his widdle fingey was in fact bwoken," coach Wade Phillips said Monday, explaining that Womo was "westing comfiwy" and watching cartoons at home and had thus far managed to keep his pinkie out of his mouth. "I'd say he's week to week, but it's up to the team medics to say when he's completely all-better-now."

The Cowboys originally sensed something was wrong when Womo threw three straight incomplete passes to begin the overtime after being sacked three times and knocked down 19 times during regulation by meanie-bullies who hate him. Their suspicions were confirmed when Womo blubbered to them on the sidelines while holding up his hurted fingey.

Womo was immediately given an orange-flavored St. Joseph aspirin and a wowwypop while a SpongeBob SquarePants Band-Aid was applied to the pinkie. When this proved inadequate, Cowboys head pediatrician Daniel "Doctor Danny" Cooper inspected Womo's pinkie while trainers distracted Womo by making a spoon into an airplane and "flying" chocolate ice cream into the quarterback's mouth.

"This was more than just the normal boo-boo," Cooper told reporters. "Tony has played through boo-boos before, like any team weader and big gwown-up boy has to. But when I saw the quivering chin, the big wet eyes, and the way he was hopping from foot to foot while holding up his widdle bitty widdy fingey, I knew this one was bad."

The NFL said no fine would be given on the hit, as it seemed to be an honest accident and no flag for roughhousing the passer was thrown on the play. It is not known whether Womo will stomp his widdle foot and complain louder to the NFL regarding the decision.

Phillips confirmed that 40-year-old backup quarterback Brad Johnson will start as long as Womo's pinkie is still an ouchie pinkie.

"It's unfortunate for the poor tyke to have to go through something like this," said Johnson, who hasn't started an NFL game since 2006. "But you know, when they're little quarterbacks they sometimes take big spills. This will just make Tony-wony tougher when he grows up. I hope."

In other Cowboys news, Adam "Pacman" Jones is still grounded for the rest of his life, or at least until he learns to stop back-sassing, and receiver Terrell Owens is listed as "probable" for Sunday's game despite suffering a chronic case of turf piggy.http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/onion/assets/terminator.gif

TailgateMel
10-16-2008, 10:07 AM
LOL! Good stuff...

my fav part:

Womo was immediately given an orange-flavored St. Joseph aspirin and a wowwypop while a SpongeBob SquarePants Band-Aid was applied to the pinkie.

revefsreleets
10-16-2008, 10:14 AM
No reference to Jessica Simpson kissing his widdle fingy wingy and making it all better?

Leftoverhard
10-16-2008, 10:39 AM
LMAO, the Onion rules.

stlrtruck
10-16-2008, 03:22 PM
No reference to Jessica Simpson kissing his widdle fingy wingy and making it all better?

That's going to be in the adult version. OH sorry that was wingy not winky....sorry

TheWarDen86
10-16-2008, 03:26 PM
:rofl:

revefsreleets
10-16-2008, 04:38 PM
He must've read this article...Romo was out throwing today and is intimating that he may play this week.

stillers4me
10-16-2008, 04:49 PM
He must've read this article...Romo was out throwing today and is intimating that he may play this week.

That's because Brett Favre called him a sissy. :sofunny:

Steelman16
10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
That's because Brett Favre called him a sissy. :sofunny:

:toofunny:

They should both take some lessons from Big Ben.

Hilarious article. Cowboys suck! :drink:

Hines0wnz
10-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Bummer for the 'girls.

Who will TO weep about now?

Mosca
10-16-2008, 06:46 PM
:toofunny:

They should both take some lessons from Big Ben.

Hilarious article. Cowboys suck! :drink:

Hey, say what you want about Favre, but he'd play with his fingers cut off. He has the Iron Man title for QBs. Even Ben has to bow down to him on that one.

Steelman16
10-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey, say what you want about Favre, but he'd play with his fingers cut off. He has the Iron Man title for QBs. Even Ben has to bow down to him on that one.

Oh, I know. Regarding Favre I was more aiming at the theatrics of this past offseason. Wasn't questioning his playing toughness. He might be old, but the man still takes his shots and bounces back up.

:thumbsup:

lilyoder6
10-16-2008, 07:33 PM
well tony is trying to play this sunday. i think it's funny.. i think he just wants 2 throw the ball to roy williams

Galax Steeler
10-17-2008, 04:01 AM
Oh, I know. Regarding Favre I was more aiming at the theatrics of this past offseason. Wasn't questioning his playing toughness. He might be old, but the man still takes his shots and bounces back up.

:thumbsup:

Yes he does take his shots and bounce back up he is deffinetly the iron man.

fansince'76
10-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Even though I think Romo is possibly the most overhyped player in the league due solely to the fact that he plays for the Cowboys and he's boning Jessica Simpson, he is apparently going to try to play this weekend:

Irving — Despite a busted pinkie on his throwing hand, Tony Romo is trying to give it a go.

The Dallas Cowboys quarterback threw passes Wednesday morning and, according to a source, has told the coaches he’s willing to play on Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/977296.html

tony hipchest
10-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Even though I think Romo is possibly the most overhyped player in the league due solely to the fact that he plays for the Cowboys and he's boning Jessica Simpson, he is apparently going to try to play this weekend:

the risk is him fracturing it more where it would take surgery and screws to fix. this would keep him out longer than the 3-4 weeks if it heals naturally.

weve seen how opponents were allowed to take blatant cheapshots at bens shoulder.

you can bet if anyone even thinks about making a simple tackle on romo, they will be flagged, fined, and possibly suspended.

if romo plays (as per leagueoodell rules) he can possibly have 300 yds rushing and 5 td's on the ground.

start him in fantasy....

rbryan
10-17-2008, 10:58 AM
ESPN is all over this as well referring to his injury as "the pinkie" on the scroll at the bottom of the screen all week.

I'm pretty sure if it was Tom Terrific who had a broken pinkie, it would be referred to as a broken finger. Not sticking up for Romo, I can't stand his over rated azz, just thought it was funny how everyone is jumping on him over this.

SteelMember
10-17-2008, 11:18 AM

Yoko Romo.:laughing:

steelwall
10-17-2008, 11:22 AM
I remember in my senior year of highschool we played our arch rivals Marry Potter (yeah sucky name but they were the largest school in the county) My right pinky finger was broken as well as my right ring finger.

It was on the 2nd play of the game and wasent from a hit or a tackle, but from a stupid ref who ran up to the pile and stomped on my hand. as he tried to break the pile up, I even got a flag thrown on me for talking shit to him after he did that.

It was about 35 degrees and my hand hurt like a mother.......... I still managed to haul in 43 yards recieving as a tight end, and 3 tackles and one fumble recovery as a middle linebacker. That was F'n high school, come on Romeo, if a high school student can play without missing a series with 2 broken fingers, 4 weeks seems like a puss move to me.

rbryan
10-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Again, not sticking up for Romo, but it is a broken finger on his throwing hand. A lot easier to play any other position than QB with that injury. He has a hard enough time holding on to the ball with no broken fingers.

IMO he's a marginal QB when healthy, if not for the talent around him he's just an average QB. I can't say its that bad of an idea to sit him.

KeiselPower99
10-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Jessica cant kiss him back to health because she is on tour. Pour Romo hurt hand and his lady on tour.