PDA

View Full Version : I am bored...

Polamalu Princess
10-16-2008, 08:49 PM
...there is so much talk in here about the government…so I wanted to start a new thread. I loved the book thread and thought that a movie thread may lighten things up for a while.

So, what is your all time favorite movie? What movies do you watch over and over again?

TheWarDen86
10-16-2008, 08:51 PM
The Band of Brother series is BY FAR (IMHO) the greatest thing ever to be put to film.

After that, the movie Snatch is my all time fave.

Then, Caddy Shack, Animal House, Smokey and the Bandit....., hmmm.

What about you?

Crushzilla
10-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Big... Lebowski...

hands down

Polamalu Princess
10-16-2008, 08:53 PM
The Band of Brother series is BY FAR (IMHO) the greatest thing ever to be put to film.

What about you?

OMG - Love Smokey and the Bandit!!!!!

TheWarDen86
10-16-2008, 08:56 PM
OMG - Love Smokey and the Bandit!!!!!

Jackie Gleason in that movie KIIIIILLLLLLS me:

"if they'd cremated the som'bitch I'd be kickin' up Mr. Bandits ass around the moon by now." :rofl:

http://www.bandittransamclub.com/Sherrif.jpg

Polamalu Princess
10-16-2008, 09:01 PM
My favorite movie is a tie between “The Perfect Game” and “Meet Joe Black.”

Movies that I will watch over and over again:

Conair, Driven, Fast and Furious, Mr. & Mrs. Smith – oh so many!!!!

Any disaster movie – Twister, Armageddon, etc.

Anything with Al Pacino – ANYTHING!!!

Failure to Launch....I could keep going!!!!

Pittsky
10-16-2008, 09:05 PM
i love a movie called "VERY BAD THINGS" i have a sick sense of humor.
shawnshank redemption is up there...

tony hipchest
10-16-2008, 09:10 PM

What about you?
i cant leave out atleast 5 of the 6 star wars movies.

but Snatch is also one of my favs. off the top of my head, that and kill bill vol I & II quickly rise to the top of the list.

Polamalu Princess
10-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Jackie Gleason in that movie KIIIIILLLLLLS me:

"if they'd cremated the som'bitch I'd be kickin' up Mr. Bandits ass around the moon by now." :rofl:

http://www.bandittransamclub.com/Sherrif.jpg

PRICELESS!!!! :sofunny::sofunny:I saw the movie in 77 when I was 5 years old and have seen it soooo many times since!!!:rofl::rofl: I have always loved Burt too!

TheWarDen86
10-16-2008, 09:23 PM
PRICELESS!!!! :sofunny::sofunny:I saw the movie in 77 when I was 5 years old and have seen it soooo many times since!!!:rofl::rofl: I have always loved Burt too!

I saw Animal House in the theatre (mom couldn't find a baby sitter I guess). We're about the same age and think it was about the same time.

I remember seeing this:
http://www.belushi.com/movies/ladder1.jpg

Then this:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2113/2479712029_792e778469.jpg?v=0

....but I could see through her fingers :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
10-16-2008, 09:24 PM
i cant leave out atleast 5 of the 6 star wars movies.

Yea, I grew up on Star Wars too. It's not the same for the kids now like it was for us.

but Snatch is also one of my favs.

"What's up with them sausages charlie?

"5 minutes, Turkish"

"? it was two minutes, 5 minutes ago."

Mosca
10-16-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure it's my favorite, but it is the movie that I find most satisfying to watch; I could watch it over, and over, and over.

Tombstone.

Polamalu Princess
10-16-2008, 09:29 PM
I saw Animal House in the theatre (mom couldn't find a baby sitter I guess). We're about the same age and think it was about the same time.

I remember seeing this:
http://www.belushi.com/movies/ladder1.jpg

Then this:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2113/2479712029_792e778469.jpg?v=0

....but I could see through her fingers :chuckle:

"But I could see through her fingers..." We must be about the same age - you are cracking me up!!!!:laughing::laughing:

TheWarDen86
10-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Big... Lebowski...

hands down

"STFU Donnie!" :rofl:

My favorite part of that whole movie is when they "spread" Donnies ashes. Although, there are plenty to choose from.

fansince'76
10-16-2008, 09:37 PM
All-time favorite movie? Easy Rider.

After that? Apocalypse Now, When you Comin' Back, Red Ryder?, Falling Down, The Boys in Company C, Dirty Harry, among others.

TheWarDen86
10-16-2008, 09:41 PM
All-time favorite movie? Easy Rider.

After that? Apocalypse Now, When you Comin' Back, Red Ryder?, Falling Down, The Boys in Company C, Dirty Harry, among others.

Those are all my Dad's favorites..... :wink02: Juuuust kiddin'. Those are some classics!

BTW - I forgot to mention:

The Big Red One (try asking the kid in the video store for that one, sheesh). "No! The Big......Red......One. as in the number 1. NOT the big red one."

The Longest Day.

pittsburghp8baller
10-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Snatch is def a classic

but the best movies of all time are def the Die Hard movies!

also the terminator movies (cant wait for the new one), Transformers and the dark knight

tony hipchest
10-16-2008, 11:31 PM
"What's up with them sausages charlie?

"5 minutes, Turkish"

"? it was two minutes, 5 minutes ago."despite the great plot, cinematography, and action sequences it was really the simple dialogue that made that movie.

"ja like dags?"

"oh DOGS. yeah, i like dogs"

"whaddo i vant a caravan that aint got no veels for?"

imo its brad pitt's best acting job ever. and the soundrack kicks ass too. the song while "coursing" is one of my alltime favorite movie songs.

Vis
10-17-2008, 06:41 AM
The Sting

Blonde Bomber
10-17-2008, 06:46 AM
A few that I still like to see are
CaddyShack - Bill Murray is classic

Saturday Night Fever - Saw this in the theatre when it came out, I still like the Bee Gees, probably more people do than they will admit

Sling Blade
National Lampoons vacation, and Christmas vacation

and although I saw it again about a year ago, and it was kinda corny, I remember thinking it was great when it came out. Close Encounters of the third kind

stlrtruck
10-17-2008, 07:29 AM

I love that series. Awesome to watch.

After that I've got a few that I constantly rewatch:

Varsity Blues
Facing the Giants
Shawshank Redemption
Braveheart

SCSTILLER
10-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Snatch is a classic movie!

Periwinkle Blue, its for me ma!

Not a Brad Pitt fan, but he was great in that movie.

Band of Brothers gets the nod as the movie/series that I could watch over and over again.

Cannot go wrong with Monty Python and the Holy Grail! Absolute classic movie. "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?" Classic. Still trying to get my girlfriend to watch it, not too successful so far.

Airplane is awesome also. The jive scene is hillarious!

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Definitely agree that Band of Brothers was the best thing ever run for TV. Apocalypse Now is up there. Citizen Kane. In Cold Blood. Lawrence of Arabia. Taxi Driver. Godfather 1 and 2. Raging Bull. Bladerunner. Pulp Fiction. Shindler's List. Goodfella's.

I watch a lot of movies:tt03:

TheWarDen86
10-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Snatch is a classic movie!

Periwinkle Blue, its for me ma!

Not a Brad Pitt fan, but he was great in that movie.

Band of Brothers gets the nod as the movie/series that I could watch over and over again.

Cannot go wrong with Monty Python and the Holy Grail! Absolute classic movie. "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?" Classic. Still trying to get my girlfriend to watch it, not too successful so far.

Airplane is awesome also. The jive scene is hillarious!

"Oh bless this thy Holy Hand Grenade, that it shall bloweth thyne enemies to bits...
...Pull the pin, counteth to three. Not two. Not four. Never five......SIX IS RIGHT OUT!....":rofl:

TheWarDen86
10-17-2008, 10:43 AM
despite the great plot, cinematography, and action sequences it was really the simple dialogue that made that movie.

"ja like dags?"

"oh DOGS. yeah, i like dogs"

"whaddo i vant a caravan that aint got no veels for?"

imo its brad pitt's best acting job ever. and the soundrack kicks ass too. the song while "coursing" is one of my alltime favorite movie songs.

Oasis - "F*ing in the bushes" is a cool tune as well.

klick81
10-17-2008, 10:46 AM
I find it hard to pick a "favorite", but I never get tired of Anchorman and Donnie Darko.

Great stuff right there.

Leftoverhard
10-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Master and Commander
There Will Be Blood
Donnie Darko
Fargo
Silence Of The Lambs
Godfather 1 & 2
Big Lebowski
Bladerunner
Rushmore
No Country For Old Men
Seven Samurai
The Right Stuff........

This list could go on forever.

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 12:09 PM
I'd add Fargo, NCFOM, There Will Be Blood and Silence of the Lambs from that to my list. Miller's Crossing, too...

Mosca
10-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Do you think there's a difference among "best", "favorite", and the ones you'd like to see over and over?

There are a lot of great movies that once was enough for me; Silence of the Lambs. Great movie. Once was enough. Airplane; one of my favorites, but I'm not thinking about cuing it up any time soon.

Fargo, Pulp Fiction, Tombstone, Godfather (1 & 2)... those, and some others, I could watch any time.

Tombstone is the one I've seen most often in the last 10 years. The movie I've seen most often in my life has to be something that was on perennial repeat on HBO back in the late '70s or early '80s, something like War Games (which was pretty good, actually).

TheWarDen86
10-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Do you think there's a difference among "best", "favorite", and the ones you'd like to see over and over?

There are a lot of great movies that once was enough for me; Silence of the Lambs. Great movie. Once was enough. Airplane; one of my favorites, but I'm not thinking about cuing it up any time soon.

Fargo, Pulp Fiction, Tombstone, Godfather (1 & 2)... those, and some others, I could watch any time.

Tombstone is the one I've seen most often in the last 10 years. The movie I've seen most often in my life has to be something that was on perennial repeat on HBO back in the late '70s or early '80s, something like War Games (which was pretty good, actually).

You know what, Yes! Great point.

Leftoverhard
10-17-2008, 01:41 PM

Definately a difference. But movies age too - for better or for worse.
You must watch Silence Of The Lambs again. The last time I watched it, I was blown away at how it isn't just a good movie anymore, it's a classic. Jody Foster was so much better than I remember her being.
Tombstone is awesome. I forgot to put that one on my list. Definately re-watchable.
I rewatch Master And Commander, Pirates Of the Carribean, Gladiator, Groundhog Day, The Right Stuff, The Bourne Series, GI Jane, Any Bond Film, and The Edge all the time. They are all excellent in their own way.
Speaking of obscure 80's movies, I still love Cloak and Dagger, Remo Williams and of course War Games.

tony hipchest
10-17-2008, 01:42 PM
The movie I've seen most often in my life has to be something that was on perennial repeat on HBO back in the late '70s or early '80s, something like War Games (which was pretty good, actually).yep. mine would be "empire strikes back" or "rocky III" both of which i mustve seen 50 times over the course of a summer. "night shift" was another on heavy rotation that year. :thumbsup: currently its definitely snatch, kill bill, or shawshank for me. ("remember the titans" is catching up).

Makaveli
10-17-2008, 03:55 PM
yep. mine would be "empire strikes back" or "rocky III" both of which i mustve seen 50 times over the course of a summer. "night shift" was another on heavy rotation that year. :thumbsup: currently its definitely snatch, kill bill, or shawshank for me. ("remember the titans" is catching up).

Night shift,......wasn't that the one with Michael Keaton, Henry Winkler and Shelly Long ?

TheWarDen86
10-17-2008, 04:04 PM
yep. mine would be "empire strikes back" or "rocky III" both of which i mustve seen 50 times over the course of a summer. "night shift" was another on heavy rotation that year. :thumbsup: currently its definitely snatch, kill bill, or shawshank for me. ("remember the titans" is catching up).

I watched that a couple weeks ago (for the 5th or 6th time). What a fantastic movie!!!! Definitely well done. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
10-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Night shift,......wasn't that the one with Michael Keaton, Henry Winkler and Shelly Long ?:yep: ....running a prostitution ring out of a morgue. good stuff! :thumbsup:

i havent even thought of all the comedies i'll watch over and over. "joe dirt" is one i never pass up if im flipping through. well written, great plot, dialogue, and actors (my favorite stuff from dennis miller- actually its just him being him :chuckle:)

HometownGal
10-17-2008, 04:46 PM
While I was in the mountains of WVA for a few days earlier this week, there was a Dirty Harry marathon on, I believe, AMC. I can never get enough of Clint Eastwood in his Dirty Harry role. :thumbsup:

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/clint-eastwood-dirty-harry.JPG

GutterflowerSteel
10-17-2008, 06:41 PM
My Stranded-On-A-Desert-Island list:

Pulp Fiction
Godfather 1 & 2
North by Northwest
Almost Famous ("I am a Golden GOD!!")
This Is Spinal Tap
Picnic
Lord of the Rings trilogy
The Postman Always Rings Twice (the original, NOT the Nicholson/Lang version)
Vertigo
Silence of the Lambs
The Shining
Shadow of a Doubt (Hitchc0ck)

I like old classics - film noir, and just about anything by Hitchc0ck or starring Johnny Depp :wink02: But you guys would choke if you knew all of the classic movies that I haven't seen! It's so bad that my friends have all conspired to force me to watch a classic whenever we get together. This summer I saw The Breakfast Club and Steel Magnolias for the first time :popcorn:

I've gotten into HBO series the last few years instead of movies:

Band of Brothers
Six Feet Under
The Sopranos
Carnivale -prematurely canceled by the suits at HBO - I'm still bitter lol :mad:
Deadwood
Sex & The City

I've started watching the new series, True Blood, and really like it a lot so far - anyone else?

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Every movie on my lists (addendum's included) I could (and have) watched and enjoyed over and over and over again.

Polamalu Princess
10-17-2008, 07:29 PM

Pulp Fiction
Godfather 1 & 2
North by Northwest
This Is Spinal Tap
Picnic
Vertigo
Silence of the Lambs
The Shining

I like old classics - film noir, and just about anything by Hitchc0ck or starring Johnny Depp :wink02: But you guys would choke if you knew all of the classic movies that I haven't seen! It's so bad that my friends have all conspired to force me to watch a classic whenever we get together. This summer I saw The Breakfast Club and Steel Magnolias for the first time :popcorn:

Band of Brothers
Six Feet Under
The Sopranos
Carnivale -prematurely canceled by the suits at HBO - I'm still bitter lol :mad:
Deadwood
Sex & The City

I've started watching the new series, True Blood, and really like it a lot so far - anyone else?

I am with you on the Lord of the Rings!

TheWarDen86
10-17-2008, 08:39 PM

Pulp Fiction
Godfather 1 & 2
North by Northwest
This Is Spinal Tap
Picnic
Vertigo
Silence of the Lambs
The Shining

Band of Brothers
Six Feet Under
The Sopranos
Deadwood
Sex & The City

"But this one goes to eleven." :rofl:

TheWarDen86
10-17-2008, 08:42 PM
You know, the Showtime series "The Tudors" is pretty damn cool as well. In fact, I am addicted to it. Check it out (picks up in January I think):

http://www.sho.com/site/tudors/home.do

Muppet13
10-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Pirates of the Carribean Movies and Spiderman Movies and Harry Potter

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Pirates of the Carribean Movies and Spiderman Movies and Harry Potter

Hey! Stop talking about movies! This is a football board!!!!!!!

GutterflowerSteel
10-17-2008, 08:58 PM
You know, the Showtime series "The Tudors" is pretty damn cool as well. In fact, I am addicted to it. Check it out (picks up in January I think):

http://www.sho.com/site/tudors/home.do

I like The Tudors and can't wait for season 3.
Forgot to mention Rome on HBO - that was pretty graphic, even for HBO, but I watched both seasons.

TheWarDen86
10-17-2008, 09:00 PM
I like The Tudors and can't wait for season 3.
Forgot to mention Rome on HBO - that was pretty graphic, even for HBO, but I watched both seasons.

Is that over? I never watched it, but my Dad loved it and I'd always heard good things.

GutterflowerSteel
10-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Is that over? I never watched it, but my Dad loved it and I'd always heard good things.
I like swords and sandals stuff, so I was into it before it even came out :thumbsup: The sets and costumes were all film worthy, but the production costs were astronomical and it only lasted 2 seasons.

Same issue with Carnivale. That show was INCREDIBLE - the acting, plotline and the backdrop of the Great Depression and a traveling carnivale circa 1934, an intriguing good vs evil theme - I highly recommend it. Check out the dvds :thumbsup:

TheWarDen86
10-17-2008, 09:29 PM
I like swords and sandals stuff, so I was into it before it even came out :thumbsup: The sets and costumes were all film worthy, but the production costs were astronomical and it only lasted 2 seasons.

Same issue with Carnivale. That show was INCREDIBLE - the acting, plotline and the backdrop of the Great Depression and a traveling carnivale circa 1934, an intriguing good vs evil theme - I highly recommend it. Check out the dvds :thumbsup:

Okay, I gotta ask.., What's the attraction to "Swords and Sandals?" :laughing:

I'll bet youed love 300.

GutterflowerSteel
10-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Okay, I gotta ask.., What's the attraction to "Swords and Sandals?" :laughing:

I'll bet youed love 300.

Swords and sandals = gladiator types in skorts, battling each with their strength and their swords :naughty: I haven't seen 300 yet - but maybe I should :wink02:

TheWarDen86
10-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Swords and sandals = gladiator types in skorts, battling each with their strength and their swords :naughty: I haven't seen 300 yet - but maybe I should :wink02:

....Yeah, go see 300. I think you'll like it. Take your boyfriend cuz it's a good flick for both sides of the house (boob scene and lots of violence).

MasterOfPuppets
10-18-2008, 04:52 AM
300 was an excellent flick....i highly recommend it

Makaveli
10-18-2008, 11:31 AM
:yep: ....running a prostitution ring out of a morgue. good stuff! :thumbsup:

)

Ah,..HBO in the 80's.(miss those days) Now i'm thinking about "Krull" and what not .:chuckle:

tony hipchest
10-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Ah,..HBO in the 80's.(miss those days) Now i'm thinking about "Krull" and what not .:chuckle:remember "ZAPPED" with scott baio (chachi)? im still thankful for HBO introducing me to boobs on the boob-tube (as opposed to in print)

ESPECIALLY when "porky's" came out.

Leftoverhard
10-18-2008, 02:42 PM
A friend of mine was actually in Zapped Again. You know, the sequel.....lmao.
I saw Porky's at the drive in. It was a double feature that played after National Lampoon's Vacation. My mom thought it was a cartoon...can you blame her, lol? Ah, the memories of my mom realizing what we were all watching and then covering me and my bro's eyes with one hand as she drove out of there faster than she should have over the giant concrete bumps........:laughing:

I think the idea with those double features was the kids would fall asleep by the end of the children's movie and then the adults could watch one of those raunchy 80's flicks. What were they thinking?

revefsreleets
10-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Rome definitely rocked...forgot about that one...

Makaveli
10-19-2008, 11:46 AM
remember "ZAPPED" with scott baio (chachi)? im still thankful for HBO introducing me to boobs on the boob-tube (as opposed to in print)

ESPECIALLY when "porky's" came out.

Swear to god you didn't want telekinetic powers for at least three years after watching that movie ? :laughing: I'll see your Zapped and raise you with the "Wraith".

Texasteel
10-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Young Frankenstein

I must have seen it 25 times and each time I laugh so hard I can't catch my breath.

stlrtruck
10-20-2008, 11:53 AM
I'll see your Zapped and raise you with the "Wraith".

Only if I get to have the car!!!!

CanadianSteel
10-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Love all types of movies from horror to comedies and action suspense.

Here are just some of my favs that I can watch anytime. Some have already been mentioned but I added some comments.... let me know your thoughts

Silenece of the lambs - (great acting)
Haloween (original - scary)
Pulp Fiction (best dilaogue ever)
Jaws (great great movie that kept me nervous in the water as a kid and was the original summer blockbuster)
Shawshank redemption (everything you want in a movie)
Raiders of the lost Ark (original - great action movie and scenes...)
Spiderman 1 and 2 ( big spiderman fan as kid . 1 & 2 werre good...# 3 sucked IMO )
Revenge of the nerds (great 80's comedy)
Bachelor party ( another great 80's comedy with Tom Hanks really funny before serious roles)
Weird Science ( 80's comedy theme here)
Something about Mary and Kingpin ( Farley brothers at their best - funny stuff )
Godfather 2 (liked this one the best for some reason)
Murder in the First (very underrated movie IMHO with Christian Slater and Kevin Bacon)
Boogie nights ( hey I watched the occasional movie my dad had hidden away as well and this fit the time it captured)
Saturday Night Fever (captured the disco time well)

revefsreleets
10-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I'd add Jaws (The scene in the cabin at night when Quint tells Brody and Hooper about the USS Indianapolis with whale song in the background haunted me then and it still does to this day) and the first Indy to my lost.

Dino 6 Rings
10-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Favorite movie: The Exorcist.

Favorite comedy: The Princess Bride

Favorite sports flick. The Natural

Favorit adventure movie. The Exorcist.

Dino 6 Rings
10-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Oh, and 300 is also my favorite documentary. Cause that's really how it happened, in exact detail.

Polamalu Princess
10-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Favorite movie: The Exorcist.

Favorite comedy: The Princess Bride

Favorit adventure movie. The Exorcist.

My husband and I love The Princess Bride. What a classic. Every single time we watch it, we crack up!:popcorn:

revefsreleets
10-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Just re-watched it not that long ago...it did have it's moments, and is kind of timeless.

GBMelBlount
10-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Texasteel
Young Frankenstein

I must have seen it 25 times and each time I laugh so hard I can't catch my breath.

LOL Tex!

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Igor, would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?

Igor: And you won't be angry?

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I will NOT be angry.

Igor: Abby someone.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Abby someone. Abby who?

Igor: Abby Normal.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Abby Normal?

Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?

[shakes and grabs him]

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME?

:sofunny:

That is one of the FUNNIEST movies of all time. I saw that at the theatre when it first came out!

Dino 5 rings

I agree Dino. That is my favorite as well. :thumbsup:

augustashark
10-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Braveheart! I really can't think of one better imo.

tony hipchest
11-15-2008, 07:19 PM
fri night was a double feature of 2 of my newest "cant switch the channel" movies.

"the departed" and

"walk hard- the dewey cox story"

i still cant figure which has better acting. :chuckle: this is my 5th viewing of each and they get better every time.

Preacher
11-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Right now, I am watching the Mummy II. ITs okay, but the first one we watch pretty much every time it is on.

One that I NEVER get tired of watchng, ID4. Will Smith is HILARIOUS.

SMACK . . . "Welcome to Earth!"

xfl2001fan
11-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Wedding Crashers and Wedding Singer. For some reason, I never get bored with either one.

Polamalu Princess
11-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I am now watching a true story about the Kissel Family - never heard of them before tonight...

Polamalu Princess
11-15-2008, 09:19 PM
fri night was a double feature of 2 of my newest "cant switch the channel" movies.

"the departed" and

"walk hard- the dewey cox story"

i still cant figure which has better acting. :chuckle: this is my 5th viewing of each and they get better every time.

I loved "The Departed!"

Polamalu Princess
11-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Wedding Crashers and Wedding Singer. For some reason, I never get bored with either one.

Wedding Singer - My DH LOVES that movie - thanks for your post! We need to watch it again soon!:sofunny::sofunny:

tony hipchest
11-21-2008, 11:09 PM
another good friday night of classics. last week it was dicaprio and dewey cox.

this week its "whats eating gilbert grape?" definitely in my top 50.

never seen a movie so depressing, yet uplifting... sad, and yet so funny. *star studded cast. its been a while and i forgot dewey cox is gilberts best friend. still possibly depp's and dicaprios best acting job ever and thats saying alot.

following that is another dunce i love on film.... "forrest gump".

i got the whole damn movie memorized yet still cant resist.

Preacher
11-21-2008, 11:29 PM

never seen a movie so depressing, yet uplifting... sad, and yet so funny. *star studded cast. its been a while and i forgot dewey cox is gilberts best friend. still possibly depp's and dicaprios best acting job ever and thats saying alot.

I understand. I am like that with the movie slapshot. . . "Dickie Dunn wrote this, its gotta be true!"

http://dickiedunnwrotethis.com/

Polamalu Princess
11-22-2008, 09:53 PM

I guess I need to watch that movie WEGG!!!! I love Forrest Gump too!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Top Gun
also enjoy the Harry Potter movies

steelersfanman92
11-22-2008, 10:01 PM
I really like Behind Enemy Lines and all of the American Pies are good

randy06
11-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Talledega Nights, i know every line, and Fever Pitch, also my number 2 movie Jerry Maguire.

Polamalu Princess
11-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Top Gun
also enjoy the Harry Potter movies

I am with you on both!!!

pitt
11-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Lethal Weapon....Or just about any other Mel Gibson movie.

Polamalu Princess
11-28-2008, 09:58 PM

I love the "LW" movies! Mel Gibson is great!:thumbsup:

vasteeler
12-02-2008, 10:59 AM
you guys have listed alot of great movies
as for me
pulp fiction
resevoir dogs
saving private ryan
the taxi driver
the deer hunter
there will be blood
no country for old men
fargo
good fella
I really could go on and on but will stop here

xfl2001fan
12-02-2008, 11:26 AM

+2

I'm quickly becoming a big fan of the "New" Batman movies as well. Christian B. is fantastic as both Batman and Bruce Wayne. I may have said this already...but it's worth repeating.

tony hipchest
12-05-2008, 11:36 PM
its been a few years but this was just on and i had to watch- "crouching tiger, hidden dragon"

this movies got it all. 2 beautiful leading ladies. chow yun fat is awesome, noble, and intense. excellent musical score, great choreography and action.

the ultimate tragedy. funny, romantic, serious, and absurd. i dont know if i could leave this classic out of my top ten of all time.

Polamalu Princess
12-08-2008, 08:23 PM
+2

I'm quickly becoming a big fan of the "New" Batman movies as well. Christian B. is fantastic as both Batman and Bruce Wayne. I may have said this already...but it's worth repeating.

I told my husband - "your Mommy" that we need to see the new movie because it is claimed to be a great motion picture.

Shall I say - thanks from "Papa Smurf?":popcorn::chuckle:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Gladiator is my FMOAT

We Were Soldiers

Patch Adams

Shawshank Redemption

Jacob the Liar

Awakenings (hard to find for some reason, but a great flick)

I thought Kung Pow! was a riot, but I think I am the only one

ANY old Kung Fu type movies

Transporter

I know there are tons more, but I really can't think of them at the moment.

As far as shows, I love LOST! Just started Season 4, so don't ruin it for me.

and family guy...

Polamalu Princess
12-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Gladiator is my FMOAT

I thought Kung Pow! was a riot, but I think I am the only one

ANY old Kung Fu type movies

Transporter

I know there are tons more, but I really can't think of them at the moment.

As far as shows, I love LOST! Just started Season 4, so don't ruin it for me.

and family guy...

Transporter - loved it! What an action packed movie!!! My DH and I like the 1st one better than the 2nd.:drink:

xfl2001fan
12-09-2008, 10:39 AM
I told my husband - "your Mommy" that we need to see the new movie because it is claimed to be a great motion picture.

Shall I say - thanks from "Papa Smurf?":popcorn::chuckle:

Yeah, I'm getting ready to take 2+ hours of vacation time in about 20 minutes so that I can view this "training meeting!"

I hope Mommy and Papa Smurf enjoy it as much as I know I do!

Polamalu Princess
12-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I'm getting ready to take 2+ hours of vacation time in about 20 minutes so that I can view this "training meeting!"

I hope Mommy and Papa Smurf enjoy it as much as I know I do!

So, how was the "training meeting"?