PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hunt

BA_Steelers
10-17-2008, 01:21 AM
After the Eagles release of Tony Hunt, the Steelers should pick him up! I think he would be a great back to fit into the Steeler's system.

Galax Steeler
10-17-2008, 04:40 AM
I don't see where we need him when parker gets back we should be good to go and the way moore played against jacksonville we will be ok.

stlrtruck
10-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Why don't we bring in every dumped back there is in the league for a try-out.

I'm not happy with the Dookie pick up and I wish they would have gotten someone else. But I like Parker. Moore was an awesome pickup this year, and the only thing I'm more upset about is the fact that Kuhn is playing in Green Bay after what he showed 2 years ago.

Other than that, WE DON'T NEED NO MORE STINKIN' RBs

The_WARDen
10-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Tony Hunt stinks period. The bEagles are down Westbrook and need a good back right now and they STILL cut him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Why don't we bring in every dumped back there is in the league for a try-out.

Other than that, WE DON'T NEED NO MORE STINKIN' RBs

Thomas Tapeh got cut from the Vikings.....we should bring him in too. :rolleyes:

stlrtruck
10-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Thomas Tapeh got cut from the Vikings.....we should bring him in too. :rolleyes:

See and there you go :stirthepot:

fansince'76
10-17-2008, 10:55 AM
We gotta get Kuhn back - at any cost! :chuckle:

steelpride12
10-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Do you truly think we need more runningbacks, if anything he would be gone after the season.

MACH1
10-17-2008, 11:22 AM

Best in the NFL. Sure fire HOFer. :chuckle:

KeiselPower99
10-17-2008, 01:52 PM
I do think we need a truefullback on this team. Carey Davis just dont do anything for me.

BA_Steelers
10-17-2008, 02:38 PM
He is second on Penn State's all-time rushing list. He's a good powerful back and would be a nice complement to Parker. I'm not saying keep him around after the season, but while Mendenhall is out, I think he could help the team.

fansince'76
10-17-2008, 02:42 PM
He is second on Penn State's all-time rushing list.

And Cedric Benson is 2nd on the U. of Texas' all-time rushing list and I wouldn't want him either. As someone else pointed out, the Eagles are currently without Westbrook and they STILL cut this guy loose. How good can he be, really?

steelerstrade
10-17-2008, 02:49 PM
The Steelers seem to want to use their backup RB in the kicking game as a blocker on punts and returner on kickoffs, not so much a guy that can take one to the house, but a guy who will NOT fumble the ball. Hunt may be okay at that but he may be better suit for the practice squad at first to test THOSE abilities...he IS still eligible for the PS.

SCSTILLER
10-17-2008, 03:17 PM
I don't know, the time it will take him to learn the system, it just wouldnt be worth it.

But then again, I wouldn't mind seeing Dookie replaced.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-17-2008, 05:31 PM
He is second on Penn State's all-time rushing list. He's a good powerful back and would be a nice complement to Parker.

Who is first?? Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis, Blair Thomas???

If Tony Hunt was a good powerful back, you would think he would be a nice compliment to Brian Westbrook......instead of behind Correll Buckhalter and Lorenzo Booker and on the waiver wire.

lilyoder6
10-17-2008, 05:39 PM
wait a second... correll buckhalter is a very nice rb..

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-17-2008, 06:02 PM
wait a second... correll buckhalter is a very nice rb..

Yes, for a 8 year veteran with multiple knee injuries that just turned 30, you would think that if Tony Hunt was a decent prospect, that they wouldnt release their 3rd round pick of last season. Hunt would be the future replacement for Buckhalter and maybe Westbrook if he was any good. Maybe he was "makin' it rain and the local scrip club"?

Somebody will pick him up probably, but I hope not the Steelers.

Quincy Wilson was cut last year. Maybe some WVU fans can lobby for us to bring him in too???

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Who is first?? Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis, Blair Thomas???

If Tony Hunt was a good powerful back, you would think he would be a nice compliment to Brian Westbrook......instead of behind Correll Buckhalter and Lorenzo Booker and on the waiver wire.

Ringaling!

Maybe there should be another forum on this board: "Shitty cut players from other teams the Steelers should sign at vet minimum because they'd look good in the B&G"?

KeiselPower99
10-18-2008, 01:31 AM
Practice Squad works for me he can replace Justin Vincent.

Galax Steeler
10-18-2008, 08:17 AM
See and there you go :stirthepot:

:toofunny:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Ringaling!

Maybe there should be another forum on this board: "Shitty cut players from other teams the Steelers should sign at vet minimum because they'd look good in the B&G"?

GREAT IDEA!!! Where should it go....Blast Furnace?

We should put some kind of limitation on it of say 5 year, so that will allow us to get most "big backs" in the discussion----- like Ron Dayne, T.J. Duckett, etc. but still allow for guys like Kevan Barlow, Quincy Wilson, Kevin Jones, etc.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-18-2008, 10:32 AM
The problem is that many still think of Hunt as a "big back"....When in truth he has lost weight and is more the size of Mendenhall now...when he played college he was 6'1 237 lbs ...but at the time he was cut he was only 6'1 221 lbs.

That means "Dookie" outweighs him by 26 lbs..
Davis outweighs him by 4 lbs ...
Mendenahll outweighs him by 3 lbs....
Vincent is only 2 lbs lighter...
and Russell is only 6 lbs lighter.

Only Parker and Moore (both at 209 lbs) are significantly lighter and neither are ever going to be confused with being "Big Backs".

So....Since five of our current players already know the playbook and are either bigger or virtually the same size as Hunt...it would NOT be in our best interest to drop any of them and pick up Hunt for the sole purpose of his filling a "Big Back" position.

Dynasty
10-18-2008, 12:18 PM

Roethlisberger + 2 first rounders for John Kuhn? Sounds fair, right. Actually, it might be a steal for us - don't be surprised if they want another first!

:sofunny:

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-18-2008, 09:58 PM
I like the idea up picking him up. He isn't great, but in our system I believe that he would flourish. Maybe even spell Carey Davis as the starting FB. I don't think that he fits into the Iggles offfensive scheme.

Steely McSmash
10-20-2008, 12:48 PM
I like the idea up picking him up. He isn't great, but in our system I believe that he would flourish. Maybe even spell Carey Davis as the starting FB. I don't think that he fits into the Iggles offfensive scheme.

Seems like BA thinks that we want that same scheme. The Bengals game was not much different from the classic Westbrook eagles offence that almost never rushed the ball. Three pass plays from first and goal? Maybe he's just deciding based on the personnel.

I think we should have some personnel flexibility in the offence personnel-wise so we could line up in the I-formation and have some decent passing options from there to keep teams off balance and also to run the power up-the-gut plays. I was really hoping we's pick up Owen Schmidt from WVU in the draft but he went to the seagulls. LenDale White as well a few years back as well. When I heard he showed up to the combine overweight I knew he was my guy.

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Seems like BA thinks that we want that same scheme. The Bengals game was not much different from the classic Westbrook eagles offence that almost never rushed the ball. Three pass plays from first and goal? Maybe he's just deciding based on the personnel.

I think we should have some personnel flexibility in the offence personnel-wise so we could line up in the I-formation and have some decent passing options from there to keep teams off balance and also to run the power up-the-gut plays. I was really hoping we's pick up Owen Schmidt from WVU in the draft but he went to the seagulls. LenDale White as well a few years back as well. When I heard he showed up to the combine overweight I knew he was my guy.

I was pulling for us to draft Schmit as well. He was a beast in the mold of a nastier more agile Danny Kreider.