http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E88OqOFzfWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS5R7tHyaHs

From the Al Smith dinner

Vis
10-17-2008, 07:53 AM
embedding doesn't seem to work

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 09:08 AM
I heard them on O&A on the way into work today. Both these guys KILLED. It's too bad that they couldn't be this warm and natural during the debates...

stlrtruck
10-17-2008, 09:55 AM
It's too bad that they couldn't be this warm and natural during the debates...

Then we would have probably gotten truth during the debates.

tony hipchest
10-17-2008, 10:09 AM
its a must see for anyone who has followed this campaign. i saw it when it first aired and it was so good i watched it later on replay. the 15 minutes given to each candidate was better than any of the debates or speeches up to this point. very refreshing and it gave me some perspective that it doesnt have to always be so serious.
the jokes were as good, if not better than anything you will here on the monologues to letterman or leno.

mccain was really funny and much better with the delivery than one would expect. obama was genuinely cracking up at all his jokes.

obamas were written a bit better and i would say much edgier.

"contrary to popular belief i was NOT born in a manger. i was born on the planet krypton..." :laughing:

there were several jokes mccain had to work hard to muster up a chuckle such as when obama talked about the nasty campaign rumors "there are rumours that i fathered 2 african american girls in wedlock" :sofunny:

kudos to both sides for providing some levity and being classy as it gets.:thumbsup:

mccain- "i cant wish obama luck but i wish him well". :thumbsup:

Leftoverhard
10-17-2008, 10:12 AM
"Many of you know I got my name, Barack, from my father. What you may not know is Barack is actually Swahili for That One."

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 10:14 AM
O&A (and guests) had the exact opposite take, that McCain was much edgier, especially since he's been viewed as a pasty old codger...but I saw no need to editorialize...

But it is interesting even in a completely nonpartisan thread where nobody was talking about competition between the two, you had to "go there" and give some kind of edge to Obama.:uhh:

tony hipchest
10-17-2008, 10:47 AM
O&A (and guests) had the exact opposite take, that McCain was much edgier, especially since he's been viewed as a pasty old codger...but I saw no need to editorialize...

But it is interesting even in a completely nonpartisan thread where nobody was talking about competition between the two, you had to "go there" and give some kind of edge to Obama.:uhh:c'mon, politics aside, obama is just cooler and better equipped for a sand up routine than mccain. of course i picked up on the little idiosynchrocies such as a charasmitic smile before delivering a punchline. the reaction of mccain to some of the jokes just showed he was a bit uncomfortable with some of them (nothing big).

regardles of O&A (and guests) the reaction of mccain and laughter of the audience has the edge-o-meter leaning towards obama. thats no slight on mccain.

both were self depriciating. but mccain wasnt able to make a joke about palin. obama joked that the heckler at the mccain rallys who cried "theres much more qualified canidates than barak" was joe biden.

obama said he never put lipstick on a pig, or a bull dog, or himself. then he looked at john and said "those were pretty tough primaries running against a cross dressing mayor of NY city, huh?" excellent delivery.

both were hilarious though. definitely worth a watch in its entirety.

stlrtruck
10-17-2008, 10:49 AM
I particularly liked McCain's reference to ACORN and Mickey Mouse and that most Big Rats are Republican. :applaudit:

And Obama did have me rolling on the floor.

Definitely a nice break from the reality of American politics.

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 10:51 AM
I just find it funny that it still has to come down to "Neener neener, my candidate is better than yours".

Both were really funny in their own way...that's what I took away from it.

Vis
10-17-2008, 11:00 AM
I actually thought McCain's intro of Obama was the best moment

MACH1
10-17-2008, 11:28 AM
I actually thought McCain's intro of Obama was the best moment

:toofunny: It was good.

The nick name part was good.

"I refer to him as That One and he calls me George Bush." :laughing:

Its nice to see them relaxed having a good time

Steelerstrength
10-17-2008, 01:48 PM
I thought they were both great! And, as an Independent who has already voted for Obama, (absentee) I though McCain delivered better.

From my personal experience, (especially with Tequila) you know that there are plenty of jokes delivered, and shit talking, when you are drinking & partying with friends. And I'd say McCain has an edge in that department as well. Tell me he wouldn't be a funny MF'er to get hammered with! Bet that old dude has some great jokes and stories! :drink:

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Now what would have REALLY kicked ass is if Obama would have started in with the "What's up with white people...?" bits like Chris Rock and Richard Pryor...

tony hipchest
10-17-2008, 01:53 PM
:toofunny:

i can just picture the crowd (especially the archdiocese or whoever that was in the pope garb)

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: