PDA

View Full Version : Max Starks getting first start of the season?

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Smith still didnt practice yesterday and Starks has taken all the reps so far this week at LT. My guess is that he probably gets the start this sunday. Nothing announced yet, but I would be interested to see what he can do.

The Bengals RDE Antwan Odom hasnt exactly lit up the sack numbers with 1 so far, so might be nice to get on the field against lesser competition. I'm not a big Starks fan, but he should be able to manhandle Odom who only weighs 260lbs. Lets see Max earn some of that $$

tony hipchest
10-17-2008, 10:51 AM
well it seems tomlin is being consistant. essex went agains jax cause of a favorable match-up (for a gameplan that required more passing than the norm).

starting starks would tell me grinding it out with the run will be the primary focus.

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 11:08 AM
This will really mess with his "per play" averages...I think he was averging a million per snap...

steelpride12
10-17-2008, 11:09 AM
About time.

GBMelBlount
10-17-2008, 12:21 PM
This will really mess with his "per play" averages...I think he was averging a million per snap...

LOL!!!!! :rofl:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey. I really hope that Stark does a great job out there and shows everyone he is worth 6-7 million a year........... Maybe he will take this opportunity and make the best of it

steelerstrade
10-17-2008, 02:45 PM
So much for being the most expensive backup in sports behind Andruw Jones of the LA Dodgers!

SCSTILLER
10-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Who are we talking about? Oh, that's right, Max Starks. Forgot we had him.

I thought he did good last year spelling Smith in the playoff game. I think he will do a good job against that crappy D.

I still wish I could find a job like his!

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Its official. According to the P-G. Starks is gonna get his chance to start at LT this week.

I wonder if that means that Tony Hills will also dress as a backup?

lilyoder6
10-17-2008, 05:32 PM
i hope starks does good sun.. and i do think he is a good tackle.. but not worth 7 effing million dollars

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I think Starks is an average RT and not much worth more than $2.5-3mil per season.

You can bet he will be auditioning for his free agent $$$ this weekend.

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 08:49 PM
He's always, IMO, looked better at LT for whatever reason. I hope he performs well, as it's best for the team. Plus, if he plays well but only here and there, maybe we can resign him next year for a reasonable price. Who else is going to pay a backup starter money?

The Duke
10-17-2008, 09:41 PM
watch out ben!! :injured:

hopefully hes play good. though many oline men can look good against the bungles

MACH1
10-17-2008, 10:35 PM
I just hope they can keep Ben from getting killed.

Preacher
10-17-2008, 10:57 PM
He's always, IMO, looked better at LT for whatever reason. I hope he performs well, as it's best for the team. Plus, if he plays well but only here and there, maybe we can resign him next year for a reasonable price. Who else is going to pay a backup starter money?

Yep. he did. Don't know why. I think he'll be ok. Matter of fact, maybe he will be better than Smith?

:couch:

lilyoder6
10-17-2008, 11:03 PM
seems that a lot of players this yr are having the chance to show the steelers y they should re-sign them or not

Steelman16
10-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Seems like he always said he liked the left side better - but the coaches never wanted to play him there. Oh well, he's starting at LT on Sunday, and I hope he brings his A-game! Cuz he's making way too much dang money to play like an idiot, and we've got a $100 Million quarterback to protect.

I agree with an earlier post on Starks meaning we'll focus on the rushing attack. MeMo could have a huge day.

Galax Steeler
10-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Lets see if he can earn his money this week and protect Ben from getting killed.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-18-2008, 09:44 AM
I think Starks will play well, because he needs to show up in order to cash in next year. That and its just the Bengals we are playing.

Then, he will be signed to a 5 year deal to play LT and get cut after 2 because he is getting Ben killed. I think he stands to cash in like the guy across from him did on a good season.....Bengals free agent pickup Antwan Odom (1sack this season)

I honestly hope we win the game and Starks gives up a couple sacks so there are no long term deals given to a veteran backup tackle based on a good game against the Bengals great Antwan Odom.

The Duke
10-18-2008, 12:44 PM
I think Starks will play well, because he needs to show up in order to cash in next year. That and its just the Bengals we are playing.

Then, he will be signed to a 5 year deal to play LT and get cut after 2 because he is getting Ben killed. I think he stands to cash in like the guy across from him did on a good season.....Bengals free agent pickup Antwan Odom (1sack this season)

I honestly hope we win the game and Starks gives up a couple sacks so there are no long term deals given to a veteran backup tackle based on a good game against the Bengals great Antwan Odom.

Actually, I hope he has a good game so the bengals pick him up next season :flap:

The way I see it, the steelers have made no intention in resigning starks. and with so many important deals to be done next year I'd say he is at the bottom of their list

Perfect situation for the bungles to pick him up :thumbsup: