PDA

View Full Version : Russ Grimm HC of the Lions (according to Mort)

BigSteelThrill
12-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Russ Grimm is the main candidate to become the next Detroit Lions head coach. This according to Chris Mortensens report this (Sunday) morning on ESPNGameDay. Mort made it sound as if it was all but a done deal, but said they must still go through the proper formalities of interviews when hiring a head coach.

tony hipchest
12-04-2005, 01:19 PM
i saw that and immediately got a sinking feeling. this seems like the 1st time in cowhers tenure the team has gone 2 years with its coaching staff intact.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2005, 01:24 PM
I hope they aren't trying to tamper, :pissed: :nono:

Comon Russ..taking over a team like that, w/ an owner like Millen.. Dont do it man, wait for a better gig !!!

BurghThing
12-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Oh no, who will teach our offensive line to suck?!

SteelersNation7
12-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Can he take Cowher with him.....Just a thought.

BB2W
12-05-2005, 09:56 AM
I thought this might happen... The Lions need a hard nosed coach, and I figured Millen would think highly of Grimm.

This is career suicide. :pity:

Tim
12-05-2005, 11:38 AM
I dunno... I think Russ might fit in up there pretty well. Blue collar team needs a blue collar coach. Besides, it's not like he could do much worse.

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 12:03 PM
i think the lions should consider m. martz. not cause hell turn the franchise around but he should be able to do some interesting things with the offensive firepower. (if anyone could teach them how to practice)

Stlrs4Life
12-05-2005, 08:59 PM
If thuis does happen, I hope we make Tunch Ilkin our OL coach.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Grimm has taken mediocre talent and made it great before. Anyone hear much about Oliver Ross this year? He crafted that OL last year into the best in the NFL, and it was comprised of a backup RG (who isn't exactly tearing it up in Baltimore this year, either) and a pretty average RT (Ross, again).

Simons is coming along, Starks is a year off, and Marvel Smith being out is killing us.

Losing Grimm will hurt...bad.

BB2W
12-05-2005, 09:36 PM
I just heard Mort on Monday Night Countdown say that Russ Grimm is on a lot of tems short list.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 09:44 PM
And deservedly so...

See, the thing is, even the best of us, being incredibly devoted to the game and our team, can only spend so many hours watching and listening and learning. That's the "best of us", the smartest and most adaptable people who really appreciate and understand the game. We can speculate, but we are nowhere near the level of the hundreds of people who live the game for 100 hours a week 52 weeks a year.

Has anyone ever been hired to coach even a kicker, or, well, Hell, even been hired as a water boy due to their internet accumen concerning their team?

No.

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 09:51 PM
I just heard Mort on Monday Night Countdown say that Russ Grimm is on a lot of tems short list.

they also said baltimore qb coach rick neuheisel:busted:

Ambridge
12-05-2005, 09:52 PM
If thuis does happen, I hope we make Tunch Ilkin our OL coach.

I wonder if Tunch would want to leave his "Cush Job" in the announcers booth??

TasmanianTroy271
12-05-2005, 10:20 PM
If we lose Grimm, it'll suck, but I'm sure we'll get another Great O-Line coach, just because the Offensive Line is so important to us. And even if we don't get another coach like Grimm, you know Faneca will have about the same effect on young guys.

Stlrs4Life
12-05-2005, 10:21 PM
I wonder if Tunch would want to leave his "Cush Job" in the announcers booth??

He interviewed the same time as Grimm.

SteelCityMan786
12-05-2005, 10:52 PM
If Dick Does Well with the Lions, He should try to become HC. Leave RUSS ALONE!

Koopa
12-05-2005, 10:56 PM
well if he does leave, good luck to him over there. he's gonna have a special player of there by the name of roy williams

BB2W
12-05-2005, 10:58 PM
If Dick Does Well with the Lions, He should try to become HC. Leave RUSS ALONE!
I think Dick Jauron was the head coach of Chicago a few years ago...

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 11:02 PM
He was...now he's the Lions interem coach. I believe Dick Jauron is also an Ivy League grad...Harvard?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2005, 02:58 AM

He damn near had that bears job a couple years ago.. he's definately deserving of it. I'd wish him the best..but if he even considers the ratbird job that may be available, I'll disown him !! :chair: :grin:

SteelCityMan786
12-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Russ Better Stay Away from the Ratbirds Job. And Stay with the Steelers. Or If He gets a HC Job I'd wish him the best.

Ambridge
12-06-2005, 07:33 PM
He interviewed the same time as Grimm.

I didn't know that Tunch had previously interviewed for the OL coach position. He would be a good choice if Grimm leaves in that he could bring some of that "Old School-Hard Edged" type of play from the Chuck Noll era.

clevestinks
12-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Grimm and Millen have a long good past together, so I could see this fit. I am not sure Russ can save Millens job though