PDA

View Full Version : General Curiosity Thread...

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Has anyone watched JJ Abrams new show "Fringe"? Thoughts? How about "Life on Mars"? How about the new Journey album with the new kid singing who sounds EXACTLY like Steve Perry circa '83?

Perhaps I'm just burned out from all the financial/political stuff?

Mosca
10-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Sorry, no, no and no. I'm teaching myself Lightroom 2 and Photoshop, in my time after work. I was out shooting all day yesterday, and I didn't even watch The Office last night (but I caught it on Hulu this afternoon).

A guy at work is into all the indie bands. He has me listening to The Hold Steadys.

And yeah, I'm burned out on the political stuff.

Preacher
10-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Yep...

Been watching fringe. Its a decent show, though it really reminds me of the X-files post 9-11 with a whacked out scientist.

Leftoverhard
10-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Fringe is ok. I like the X-files factor.
Life on Mars is Excellent. Harvey Keitel on a tv show? Awesome. The lead actor reminds me of of young Mel Gibson, without the mullet - Mad Max - he's very good. The vibe of the show is really cool.
Haven't heard the Journey album. Steve Perry rules.

silver & black
10-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Fringe is a decent show, but I don't think it will last. The "mad scientist" guy is too far out there, and not very believable... IMO. Journey................ YUK!

revefsreleets
10-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Fringe definitely has the X-Files thing going on, but I'm going to burn out on it because the mad scientist guy has so far secret knowledge on every wacky thing they've run across.

Life On Mars is a little to referential. Look, we GET IT...it's 1973. Stop making ham-handed references that nobody really makes. Other than that, it seems like a good show...I expect it to get cancelled because the best shows always do, while garbage like Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy rack up the ratings.

The decline of Western Civilization...

STEELtownHAVOX
10-18-2008, 04:40 PM
I've been watching NCIS the past couple of weeks. It's a pretty good show, anybody tune in?

Polamalu Princess
10-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Life on Mars. I have enjoyed it, especially the 2nd show.

Preacher
10-18-2008, 08:20 PM
I agree with fringe.. .there is only so much that could be done...

they need to start getting into things that he doesn't know about... and giving a little more depth to the characters or its going to have a short shelf life.

Another show I really enjoy is numb3rs. Just as I was getting tired of the formula, they started deepening the characters and disposed the formula... least some of it.

GBMelBlount
10-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Has anyone watched JJ Abrams new show "Fringe"? Thoughts? How about "Life on Mars"? How about the new Journey album with the new kid singing who sounds EXACTLY like Steve Perry circa '83?

Perhaps I'm just burned out from all the financial/political stuff?

Yep, my wife and I both watch "Life on Mars". I really like it. We also watch "The Sarah Connor Chronicles", or as my wife calls it "The terminator show" :chuckle:

Leftoverhard
10-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Yep, my wife and I both watch "Life on Mars". I really like it. We also watch "The Sarah Connor Chronicles", or as my wife calls it "The terminator show" :chuckle:

That Terminator show is great. Good character development.

steelwall
10-18-2008, 11:58 PM
The only decent series I get here in China is Prison Break, the Chinese love this show.

GBMelBlount
10-19-2008, 06:46 AM
That Terminator show is great. Good character development.

Although I'm not sure I like "Cameron" as an actress. She seems so stiff and unnatural.....for a cyborg....:wink02:

Polamalu Princess
10-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Although I'm not sure I like "Cameron" as an actress. She seems so stiff and unnatural.....for a cyborg....:wink02:

I have to agree with you about Cameron. She is very cold and I think they need to get into her personal history more and warm her up a bit. Maybe give her a cyboy.:wink:

silver & black
10-19-2008, 11:40 AM
I've been watching NCIS the past couple of weeks. It's a pretty good show, anybody tune in?

Yep... good show.

silver & black
10-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Any "House" fans here?

This is another show that is in need of some tweaking, or it is going to die.

revefsreleets
10-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Snap, forgot about "Sarah Connor Files". Definitely a good show.

They are doing a good job of shoehorning all the conflicting stuff from the movies and the show in prep for the T4 which I THINK opens summer '09.

Preacher
10-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Any "House" fans here?

This is another show that is in need of some tweaking, or it is going to die.

I think they tried to tweak it with knew characters.

the problem is that they took House so far... that nothing he really does is surprising now.

silver & black
10-19-2008, 07:03 PM
I think they tried to tweak it with knew characters.

the problem is that they took House so far... that nothing he really does is surprising now.

Exactly. They need to make him a little more "human"... start to bring him around a little. His personality and demeanor is getting stale. The show can't sustain itself if they don't do something with him. I hope they do, because it's a good show.

Preacher
10-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Another show that went WAY too far WAY too fast...

Is heroes. Just too many different directions too fast, and there is so many lose ends now.... so many things that you look at and say, "nope, that could have been changed now." if someone can jump through time.

it really isn't fun to watch anymore.

xfl2001fan
10-19-2008, 08:22 PM
HUGE House fan...

I like Fringe...but don't see it lasting long. I never bothered putting thought into why...so I'll go with the "greater consensus" here. LOL

NCIS is ok...more my wife's thing than mine.

I saw the initial Life on Mars and haven't tuned in since. Just a tad too young for 1973 I guess.

My mom was a teenager in 1973, my sister was still a twinkle in God's eye...and I was the crusty stuff in the corner.