PDA

View Full Version : any news on the injury?

ricksteelers55
10-19-2008, 03:30 PM
any news on McFadden and Polamalu ?

stillers4me
10-19-2008, 03:50 PM
I bet Troy was ytalking to his wife on the phone, saying "honey, I'm fine. but I'm going to need a good back rub." :sofunny:

HometownGal
10-19-2008, 03:57 PM
I heard through the grapevine that Troy has a mild concussion and should be OK. :noidea: Nothing on McFadden as of yet.

OneForTheToe
10-19-2008, 05:37 PM
I bet Troy was ytalking to his wife on the phone, saying "honey, I'm fine. but I'm going to need a good back rub." :sofunny:

I bet he was saying, "Honey, we have been dating for a long time will you marry me?" :chuckle:

He was also probably thinking, "wow it sure is cold here for So Cal.":chuckle:

Or, he was thinking," I'm Batman."

stillers4me
10-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I bet he was saying, "Honey, we have been dating for a long time will you marry me?" :chuckle:

:toofunny:

Seriously.......another concussion would not be a good thing for Troy.

:doh: ouch....that hurt.

Preacher
10-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I heard through the grapevine that Troy has a mild concussion and should be OK. :noidea: Nothing on McFadden as of yet.

I hoipe not... not with his history :nurse:

Makaveli
10-19-2008, 06:42 PM

Or he could have been thinking,....."Ya know,...i could play for the Clowns.Or actually be from Cleveland for that matter. Apparently,... i'm not that woozy':coffee: Troy will overcome any "setback". No such thing as problems.... only solutions.

Dino 6 Rings
10-19-2008, 07:31 PM
HA HA!

I'm BATMAN!

PalmerSteel
10-19-2008, 07:53 PM
if he got another concussion that cant be good. i would think if he gets many more, his career is going to be ending soon.

GridironWarrior
10-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Someone on the official Steelers message board said they heard after the game that McFadden had a stinger on his elbow and was just icing it for precautionary reasons. No word on Troy however.

Steelman16
10-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Don't like the fact that chin straps ain't staying on much these days. So much for "player safety". :coffee:

steelymcmatt
10-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Maybe the league should fine whoever makes the chin straps!

missedgehead
10-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Gosh, I hope they get well soon. :(

SteelMember
10-20-2008, 07:58 AM
I hope Troy is ok. The human missle can't afford any more concussions, but the way it looked, that maybe the case.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-20-2008, 09:03 AM
I hope Troy is OK too. He probably gets fined for that hit as it was head to head and he dropped his head.

It looked dangerous......something that could end up a neck injury.

The_WARDen
10-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Is Benson gonna be fined for injuring Troy??

klick81
10-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Troy didn't look good...it was tough seeing him like that.

On a lighter note, after seeing Troy on his cell phone during the game, one of the hooligans I watch the game with at the Hooters of Hollywood goes:

"See, that's a classy guy: He's probably on the phone with his wife, telling her, 'I'm ok honey!', while I would be on the phone with my drug dealer, tellin him 'Man, this s__t hurts!!!'"

Steelerstrength
10-20-2008, 01:41 PM

LMFAO!!!:sofunny::sofunny:

Kvnfaber
10-20-2008, 02:09 PM
McFadden has a fractured Radius.
-He is out indefinitely

Polamalu has a concussion and is not rules out for this week, but it doesn't look good.
-Up in the air

Listening to Paulsen Logan and Crow right now at work :P

GeneralRobinson
10-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Post-Gazette reports McFadden out, although the report does not name the source. No confirmation on Troy.

Steelers' McFadden out Sunday; team mute on Polamalu
Monday, October 20, 2008 | By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Cornerback Bryant McFadden will not play against the New York Giants Sunday and may be out for a while.

McFadden arrived at the Steelers' training site today with his right arm in a sling and what appeared to be a soft cast. The arm was injured early in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game on the same play in which Troy Polamalu left with a head injury.

The Steelers declined to issue any injury updates today on either player.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08294/921391-66.stm

lilyoder6
10-20-2008, 03:19 PM
that sucks for b-mac.. he has been playing so good lately.. especially on his contract yr.. hope he and tory gets better soon

randy06
10-20-2008, 03:44 PM
I just hope troy can play this week we will need him

klick81
10-20-2008, 04:18 PM
I just hope troy can play this week we will need him

I'm pretty sure B-Mac is out, and I don't think they'll play Polamalu. Given his circumstances, I think he's better off resting. Head injuries are no joke!

fordfan485
10-20-2008, 05:53 PM
McFadden has a broken forearm and will miss atleast 5 games :(

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08294/921391-100.stm

Edman
10-20-2008, 05:58 PM
That really blows. Polo and Bmac were having such terrific seasons too.

The Duke
10-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Many players have stepped up this season due to injuries, time for William Gay to do the same

show us what you got!! :tt:

sucks about Bmac, but gay should be able to handle the nickle job. and we know deshea can play

now troy....I just hope he's ok

OX1947
10-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Ive been saying for a few years now, if Troy can make it 10 yrs in the league, we should be thankful. He is in his 6th season. He is an amazing talent unfortunately, his style of play just isn't consistent with longevity.

McFAdden breaking forearm is a blessing considering his elbow was wrapped, if it was ligament in the elbow, that would have been a problem. But with Townsend, we are ok and mcfadden should be fine in a month and a half.

PalmerSteel
10-20-2008, 09:13 PM
wow. they just keep on coming. if we make playoffs and get home field advantage through all of this, we definately are deserving of it.

jjpro11
10-20-2008, 09:21 PM
troy wont play.. tomlin wouldnt risk it. they are likely keeping this pretty hush to make the giants gameplan for troy.. although im sure they are as aware as we are he probably wont play.

steelpride12
10-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Polumalu def. just has a concussion, but very sad B-mac was having his best season and i can't wait to have him back for the Playoffs! Tough to lose another player, but the Steelers always find ways to battle back.

hizmi
10-20-2008, 09:37 PM
We have the most depth at CB, RB, and WR, so the Mcfadden injury doesn't hurt *too* bad. Troy on the other hand....that's a big loss. Hopefully this won't be a lingering issue.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Get ready to see CB Roy Lewis activated from the Practice Squad for at least 5 weeks!

Preacher
10-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Troy needs to stay home next week. Period. Don't even bring him to the field. Heck, keep him out two weeks.

make sure that head is healed.

We have two other safeties that while they aren't as good as Troy, they can still play in the NFL.

I do like the fact that Gay will get a shot at the number 3 spot I think. He seems to be coming along.

The Duke
10-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Get ready to see CB Roy Lewis activated from the Practice Squad for at least 5 weeks!

yeah, roy lewis. he had a great preseason.

in the next 5 weeks they'll be facing the giants colts and redskins, so the #4 CB should be ready

but who would they dump?....

jjpro11
10-20-2008, 11:02 PM
i hope casey is back.. brandon jacobs is an animal.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-20-2008, 11:48 PM
yeah, roy lewis. he had a great preseason.

in the next 5 weeks they'll be facing the giants colts and redskins, so the #4 CB should be ready

but who would they dump?....

If Marvel Smith can play, then Parquet might go and Lewis comes up.......otherwise they just plan to go it with Taylor, Townsend, Gay, Madison and bring Smith in on the dime maybe?? But for 5 weeks.....we will see if Gay can handle the #3 WR in the nickel pretty fast.

Rhee Rhee
10-21-2008, 04:08 AM
as you guys probably know it's key for b-mac not to rush back. as evidenced by roy williams (the safety) for the cowboys... he came back too soon and rebroke the same forearm he broke earlier in the season and is now on IR...

Galax Steeler
10-21-2008, 04:18 AM
Just when we were just about to get injury free two more pops up I hope they heal quick and get back on the field soon but the depth we have we should be ok.

SteelMember
10-21-2008, 09:46 AM
With these two injuries to the secondary, no one has mentioned A.Smith.

Is his the name that should not be spoken? I forgot.:noidea:

PalmerSteel
10-21-2008, 10:16 AM
i hope casey is back.. brandon jacobs is an animal.

great point! he would be a great plus to have back against big ol jacobs, arguably the toughest RB to bring down. any news on him? he practicing?

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-21-2008, 10:56 AM
With these two injuries to the secondary, no one has mentioned A.Smith.

Is his the name that should not be spoken? I forgot.:noidea:

I expect to see Smith getting in on the dime maybe. Taylor, Townsend, Gay, Carter, Clark, Smith as the 6db's. Maybe they dont bring up Lewis from the PS for now.