PDA

View Full Version : Next Up: Da Burgh' vs. G-Men

Hannity_on_Holmes
10-19-2008, 06:43 PM
The Giants have been starting to reveal the pores in their game. Will the Steelers manage to effectively spread the field and survive their [supposedly-strong] pass-rush? Will Eli manning be able to wrap his head around Dick Labeaus' zone scheme? (Hell no)

Because I feel like the steelers are playing a lot like the Pats of last season, i predict the score to be the same: 28-25 steelers.:tt03:

stillers4me
10-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Get ready for the spin......Eli vs Big Ben.

woohoo.........

revefsreleets
10-19-2008, 06:55 PM
"Pores in their game"?

I want to take a couple days and enjoy this win before I start thinking about the New York football Giants.

Steeldude
10-19-2008, 06:56 PM
the steelers' O-line better be up for the game.

The Duke
10-19-2008, 07:05 PM
oline has been better, but the giants pass rush can confuse them like the eagles

we'll see....

I think this will be a defensive struggle.

13-10 steelers

lilyoder6
10-19-2008, 07:09 PM
can't we wait a couple of sdays b4 we talk about the g-men.....

but be another ben vs eli match-up since they came into the league together... good game tho.. more in -depth later on in week

Steelman16
10-19-2008, 07:14 PM
I have a feeling that Ben comes out firing and has a 3-score outing. I think he'll absorb some sacks, but that's what I'm calling for.

missedgehead
10-19-2008, 08:40 PM
I love both teams as you all know. However, the G Men's defense are no pushovers like the cupcake defenses that Ben has had big games against (a depleted secondary that the Jags had, and the Bungles). They aren't pushovers like a lot of Steeler homers think they are. The Steelers O line is going to have their hands full. Believe me when I tell ya. The G Men offense is not too shabby either. The G Men are the World Champs and didn't win it by luck like some in the media (hint: the Cowgirls loving ESPN) think either.

cubanstogie
10-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Jacobs is a beast, but the Steelers can soften any back. I don't see him being a factor. Therefore all we have to do is pressure Eli into some int's, which I think will happen. 31-27 Steelers. I know the Bengals suck, but Ben not getting sacked is a big plus in my book. O-line is getting some confidence and playing with pride. Face it we were outplayed in Philly game and deserved to lose, but the bounce back has been phenominal. I love the fact that Ben is not making the mistakes he used to make.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm pumped for the game....The G-Men are the defending champs and I want the Steelers to put the smack down on the champs.....Here is to Quiver and Quake II doing the QB shake on Eli all game.......with alittle Timmons thrown in....lol

nojobny
10-19-2008, 08:45 PM
All of my Giants fan friends here have been amp'd up for this game. I hope we kick their butts to the curb.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2008, 08:49 PM
I love both teams as you all know. However, the G Men's defense are no pushovers like the cupcake defenses that Ben has had big games against (a depleted secondary that the Jags had, and the Bungles). They aren't pushovers like a lot of Steeler homers think they are. The Steelers O line is going to have their hands full. Believe me when I tell ya. The G Men offense is not too shabby either. The G Men are the World Champs and didn't win it by luck like some in the media (hint: the Cowgirls loving ESPN) think either.

Eli really played great against that juggernaut Browns defense......:sofunny: The Giants are the defending champs of course they're not a push over....But how can you root for both teams?....Honestly I can't understand how a person roots for multi teams?

Seems by your post the Steelers have no chance in this game which I find absurd....The game is in Pittsburgh and the Steelers are a good team in their own right with their offense coming to life in recent weeks....Its going to be a good game on Sunday and may the best team win....

X-Terminator
10-19-2008, 09:11 PM

Name ONE Steelers "homer" who has said that the Giants are pushovers.

I'll be waiting.

Oh BTW, I might also add that Eli has had big games against such defensive powerhouses as the Seattle Seahawks and the San Fran 49ers. So if you're going to discount Ben for the teams he's played, then you have to discount Eli too. Besides, Ben BEAT the Browns in Cleveland, while Eli and the Giants did not, and stunk up the joint in the process.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-19-2008, 09:50 PM
I personally think if the Steelers play like they did today, the will lose to the Giants. Being up 17-10 over the Bungles after 3 quarters isnt exactly something to be proud of.

Luckily, the Giants havent really beaten anybody this season, but maybe the Redskins and I think their D-line is showing the loss of Osi and Strahan. Eli is looking more like the scared kid he was at this time last year and Plexiglass is still a locker room distraction.

The only guy that scares me on the Giants is Brandon Jacobs. Need to keep him from having a big day and the Steelers should win.

rbryan
10-19-2008, 10:10 PM
After watching the G Men play a couple times this year I'm not nearly as worried about this game as I was when the schedule came out.

Giants pass rush isn't even close to last years due to the injuries and Strahan retiring. Manning still looks like he's just as confused as Coughlin most of the time.

Anyone else see Plex and Coughlin going at it today? A sign of things to come for the G-Men IMO.

steelwall
10-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Our defense is better then theirs, our QB is better, heck I believe Moore is a better RB.

The game will henge on how well we can block up front.

Edman
10-19-2008, 10:41 PM
The Defending Super Bowl Champions are coming to Pittsburgh. It's awesome.

The Steelers will give the Giants their best shot. It's the weaker teams that worry me when the Steelers play them.

cubanstogie
10-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Our defense is better then theirs, our QB is better, heck I believe Moore is a better RB.

I agree, although I love watching Jacobs. He is a beast.

rbryan
10-19-2008, 10:59 PM
He sure would look good in the B&G.....lol

X-Terminator
10-19-2008, 11:04 PM

Moore is not better than Jacobs. Let's be realistic here. I do agree that our QB and D are better, though.

rbryan
10-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Jacobs is a beast. Giants don't use him enough IMO. He should have had 25 carries against the Browns last week.

cubanstogie
10-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Moore is not better than Jacobs. Let's be realistic here. I do agree that our QB and D are better, though.

If I could pick one I would pick Jacobs. But Moore has done everything asked of him this year and more. No pun intended. I think the sky is the limit for Brandon but isn't a superstar yet, he is young though. Moore is better receiver.

Preacher
10-19-2008, 11:41 PM
I was thinking about going to this game... but couldn't because it would be a little tough...

my late-father-in-law was a BIG Giants fan, so I would follow them and root for them when it didn't affect the Steelers.

I hope we thump them... but it won't be a joyous occasion for me.

scsteeler
10-19-2008, 11:41 PM
I personally think if the Steelers play like they did today, the will lose to the Giants. Being up 17-10 over the Bungles after 3 quarters isnt exactly something to be proud of.

Luckily, the Giants havent really beaten anybody this season, but maybe the Redskins and I think their D-line is showing the loss of Osi and Strahan. Eli is looking more like the scared kid he was at this time last year and Plexiglass is still a locker room distraction.

The only guy that scares me on the Giants is Brandon Jacobs. Need to keep him from having a big day and the Steelers should win.

I remember those same bungles taking it to Giant's and actually should have won that game. The bungles while 0-7!!! Actually been playing some good defense this year.

fansince'76
10-20-2008, 12:00 AM
.... the G Men's defense are no pushovers like the cupcake defenses that Ben has had big games against (a depleted secondary that the Jags had, and the Bungles). They aren't pushovers like a lot of Steeler homers think they are.

We didn't lose to the 2-4 Browns by 3 TDs either, so what's your point? :coffee:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-20-2008, 12:16 AM
The bungles while 0-7!!! Actually been playing some good defense this year.

The Bengals defense has 5 sacks all season......the Steelers had 6 TODAY!!

Hard to say the Defense that is ranked 28th in the NFL against the run and has less sacks than Lamarr Woodley does by himself, has been playing good this year. .:noidea:

ricksteelers55
10-20-2008, 12:59 AM
I think that these are the most important things for sunday's game agains the G-Men

1- take an early lead

2-stop the run,force them to throw
(you dont want that 260 pounds Jacobs to still run on you in 2nd half when your D is more tired)

3-run effectively

4-put a lot of pressure on the kid eli

5-pickup the blitzes

but be realistic that game is not gonna be an easy one

ricksteelers55
10-20-2008, 12:59 AM
The Bengals defense has 5 sacks all season......the Steelers had 6 TODAY!!

Hard to say the Defense that is ranked 28th in the NFL against the run and has less sacks than Lamarr Woodley does by himself, has been playing good this year. .:noidea:

we had 8

2 timmons
2 harrison
2 woodley
1 davis
1 farrior

KeiselPower99
10-20-2008, 01:07 AM
Time for our boys to get some national spotight. This is the part of the season its gettin rough but we are strong. Key to the game is pressure Eli and make him force it. Also we are 3-0 in the throwbacks.

randy06
10-20-2008, 01:47 AM
Guys everyone is talking about our defense, Jacobs, etc etc... the real story and ONLY story if you ask me is will our O-LINE be able to protect Big Ben we do that and it will be a good game, hopefully with us at the top.....we dont and its over.

Rhee Rhee
10-20-2008, 02:10 AM
three words: "contain justin tuck"

oh and big ben better be holding on to that football... them giants are excellent at going for the ball instead of the hit...

Galax Steeler
10-20-2008, 03:58 AM
Hopefully our offensive line will jell and play well against the Giants ben needs to get rid of the ball quicker and hit the quick slant passes to keep pressure off him.

Steelers7to86
10-20-2008, 04:03 AM
damn looking at the box score Frank Gore(probably the most complete back in the NFC) was held to 11 yards.

Hopefully we can play a good game against them and win, or else brownie fans will be on our arses <_<