PDA

View Full Version : Harrison & Woodley.......again!

fred
10-19-2008, 08:35 PM
How 'bout that duo! two more sacks each against the bungles!:tt02:

:tt: :applaudit: :drink:

WWIIOwheelz
10-19-2008, 08:42 PM
That's what I look forward to watching every week, honestly. It's been personal for me all year, because I've told everyone I know since training camp that the Steelers pass rush would be fearsome. As the games go on and these two dominate, my emails and text messages just don't stop. :)

Timmons is reaping the rewards now, too. I really hope the Steelers hang on to Harrison when his contract is up. He's well on his way to black & gold legendary status.

fred
10-19-2008, 09:04 PM
yessss.....Steelers have a way of producing all those great LB's........just hanging on to
them after they become All-Pros gets harder to do..........

pittsburghp8baller
10-19-2008, 09:10 PM
yep, best sack duo in the NFL, and my boy Timmons pitched in a couple also. quite the future we got.

i feel bad for all the AFC North QBs who are gonna have to go through wat there are gonna put them though the next few years

ljk2442
10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
i am very excited watching Woodley and Harrison run over 330 lb offensive tackles on a weekly basis but I think we need to appreciate what the boys in the trenches are doing... i.e. Aaron Smith and Brett Kiesel... I really believe last years slump at seasons end was due to the fact our linebackers were not able to play their position naturally..... Aaron Smith is an all-pro 3-4 Defensive End who is very humble, he is a true Steeler... I appreciate the work he does, ANOTHER thing.... did any one see Darnell Stapleton pulling at guard? it seems he has the speed and ability to get outside and pull... good sign since he is only 23 and we need to groom some depth at O-Line!

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-19-2008, 10:13 PM
i am very excited watching Woodley and Harrison run over 330 lb offensive tackles on a weekly basis but I think we need to appreciate what the boys in the trenches are doing... i.e. Aaron Smith and Brett Kiesel... I really believe last years slump at seasons end was due to the fact our linebackers were not able to play their position naturally..... Aaron Smith is an all-pro 3-4 Defensive End who is very humble, he is a true Steeler... I appreciate the work he does, ANOTHER thing.... did any one see Darnell Stapleton pulling at guard? it seems he has the speed and ability to get outside and pull... good sign since he is only 23 and we need to groom some depth at O-Line!

True, its all leverage and both Harrison and Woodley are shorter, powerful guys.

The D-Line does do a good job of occupying the O linemen, so that the LB's get 1 on 1 matchups most of the time.

As for Stapleton, yes he is pretty quick and agile, but man Antwan Odom is a terrible player. On the first Moore TD, Odom stood there and waited for Stapleton to pull around and block him. On the Nate Washington TD, the left side of the line (Starks, Kemo and Hartwig) slanted right and Stapleton pulled left to pickup Odom.......if you tried to block Harrison with the RG.....he'd have a sack easily.

The Bengals lousy D- line made our O line look better than it is.

jjpro11
10-19-2008, 11:04 PM
timmons looks good on those delayed blitzes because he is so fast and can make up for the delay with his speed. while running backs are looking to double team woodley or harrison, timmons is able to fly by.

Galax Steeler
10-20-2008, 04:34 AM
Timmons looked really good yesterday it is just a matter of time before he is in the starting lineup and for Woodley and Harrison these two just keep getting better every week.

Busforever
10-20-2008, 06:58 AM
As for Stapleton, yes he is pretty quick and agile, but man Antwan Odom is a terrible player. On the first Moore TD, Odom stood there and waited for Stapleton to pull around and block him. On the Nate Washington TD, the left side of the line (Starks, Kemo and Hartwig) slanted right and Stapleton pulled left to pickup Odom.......if you tried to block Harrison with the RG.....he'd have a sack easily.

Yes, I suppose that when you are training as a guard against James Harrisson, it's esay to block Antwan Odom:flap:

\m/xtrememarine\m/
10-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Just think when the Steelers get big Casey Hampton back. How awsome will the defense be then. Going to be a big challenge next week against the Giants.:tt02::helmet:

fred
10-20-2008, 01:35 PM
We just need to "sack/pressure" Eli a couple of times to get him shook up and keep "PLAX" outta the end zone....

steelpride12
10-20-2008, 11:56 PM
7 sacks, two from Harrison and Woodley each, MONSTERS.
How about Timmons def. pushing Foote for the starting ML position with Farrior and as well he had two sacks and is racking them up for the season!