PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward Broke Keith Rivers' jaw

Rhee Rhee
10-20-2008, 02:48 AM
Teehee... hines is my favorite player because of plays like this... oh and keith rivers is out for the season... hope he's back next year...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCsDdIWvx3o&feature=bz301

sorry. not sure how to upload youtube videos...

redst3
10-20-2008, 03:03 AM
Wow! It's a rough sport, but its still just a sport. You never want to see a person get hurt like that.

At least it was a completely clean hit.

randy06
10-20-2008, 03:06 AM
wow he will be eating through a straw for like 6 months, i knew a guy that had his jaw wired shut, and he is only a rookie

Galax Steeler
10-20-2008, 03:41 AM
Hines Ward simply amazes me he hits hard week in and week out I just wonder if Goodel will be giving him a fine for the hit nothing would surprise me.

steelerstrade
10-20-2008, 11:16 AM
that hit was sick! first series of the game too

XxKnightxX
10-20-2008, 11:18 AM
hard hit, hard to see a guy hurt like that, but it was completely clean. Hoping Hines wont get fined for this because goodell is already aggravating the players in the league with his stupid fines.

jjpro11
10-20-2008, 11:18 AM
welcome to the nfl and meet the pittsburgh steelers mr rivers.

SCSTILLER
10-20-2008, 11:21 AM
I think that Hines was out to prove a point that he was not going to change the way he plays. Bad thing for Keith Rivers that Ward used him as the point. Not saying it was cheap or anything (it was clean)!

Dino 6 Rings
10-20-2008, 11:21 AM
that hit pretty much set the tone for the entire game. Any Bengals wanting "revenge" could have taken it during the game, since the hit was pretty much on our first drive.

They didn't, because that hit set the tone as such, "The Steelers are going to knock your teeth out. Either get out of our way or get yourself hurt." The Bengals got out of the way and we destroyed their will to live.

I loved it.

Was I a little upset when the game was within 3 points. Yes. Was I happy when with 2 minutes left we were in a shotgun formation and throwing the ball for another touchdown when we were already up by 21 points...Hells Yeah I was.

rbryan
10-20-2008, 11:30 AM
I like how the Bengals are muttering about "next game" also. Like they didn't have an opportunity in 3 plus quarters to get thier 'payback" lol

Same as the Ratbirds game......Hines was there all day. He's had a target on his back for years now. Like he doesn't take his shots too..... Only difference is you don't hear him crying about it.

xfl2001fan
10-20-2008, 12:33 PM
What's sad is that the league will likely still fine him.

I can't think of a WR in the NFL that plays the game like Hines does...which is to say that he's the only WR who plays it the way it's meant to be played.

:salute:

pittsburghp8baller
10-20-2008, 12:56 PM
sucks to see that happen to a young player who probably has a bright future ahead of him unless he follow suit with the bengal way.

the NFL will find a way to fine him. good clean hit, ward is fun to watch. my house went crazy after that hit

EDIT: it meant it sucked to hear that he broke his jaw and will miss the rest of the season, it was AWESOME to see that hit

Hines4ever
10-20-2008, 01:21 PM
What's sad is that the league will likely still fine him.

I can't think of a WR in the NFL that plays the game like Hines does...which is to say that he's the only WR who plays it the way it's meant to be played.

:salute:

There is also rumors that he could get a suspension as well......lotsa people saying it was an illegal hit!!!!!:mad:

MACH1
10-20-2008, 01:29 PM
How many receivers put the fear into the opposing defense like Hines does.

I hope they don't fine him. They shouldn't it was a clean and legal hit. But knowing goodell he'll find a reason.

nicesteel4life
10-20-2008, 02:04 PM
There is also rumors that he could get a suspension as well......lotsa people saying it was an illegal hit!!!!!:mad:

WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS? WHAT IS YOUR SOURCE?
People saying where? who? nfl? other teams? Comon man, you just cant come on and say that in a couple posts without some HARD PROVE!

Steeler Minds want to know?

Godfather
10-20-2008, 02:31 PM
In related news, Ryan Clark jacked up Chris Henry again.

MasterOfPuppets
10-20-2008, 02:36 PM
WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS? WHAT IS YOUR SOURCE?
People saying where? who? nfl? other teams? Comon man, you just cant come on and say that in a couple posts without some HARD PROVE!

Steeler Minds want to know?
i seen over on a ravens board someone said they heard it on sirius. but its all just speculation.

revefsreleets
10-20-2008, 05:15 PM
He can't be suspended because the play was legal. Forget about that, it's just speculation...

My advice to Rivers?

A) Next time, play with your head on a swivel like all the other defensive guys who play the Steelers. And it's not just Hines. Washington and Santo will smack a bitch up, too...
B) Drink more milk. It has calcium and does a body good...

tony hipchest
10-20-2008, 06:03 PM
A) Next time, play with your head on a swivel like all the other defensive guys who play the Steelers. And it's not just Hines. Washington and Santo will smack a bitch up, too...
B) Drink more milk. It has calcium and does a body good...:laughing:

hines is gonna come out of this season with a new nickname.

"payin fines" hines ?

"bonecrusher"?

VTsteel
10-20-2008, 06:14 PM
:laughing:

"payin fines" hines ?

I almost fell out of my chair - good one

revefsreleets
10-20-2008, 06:15 PM
The American Dairy Council has a real opportunity to find their next spokesperson here...

(Montage of Ward's ass whooping blocks and hits play with Ward voice over)

"I'm Hines Ward of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I hit hard and the NFL fines me for it, but I don't HAVE to break bones with my hits. Many of these hits COULD have only resulted in concussions. Don't end up on life's injured reserve list...Drink your milk, kids! It builds strong bones and does a body good!"

steelwall
10-20-2008, 06:29 PM
To qoute the great Madden "POW!!!!!"

ben7
10-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Dont mess with Hines.

tony hipchest
10-20-2008, 06:33 PM
The American Dairy Council has a real opportunity to find their next spokesperson here...

(Montage of Ward's ass whooping blocks and hits play with Ward voice over)

"I'm Hines Ward of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I hit hard and the NFL fines me for it, but I don't HAVE to break bones with my hits. Many of these hits COULD have only resulted in concussions. Don't end up on life's injured reserve list...Drink your milk, kids! It builds strong bones and does a body good!"
lol. he does have the perfect smile for a "Got Milk?" mustache ad.

hell, he can be the Ambassador of Milk to S. Korea. :chuckle:

*CHA-CHING*

stlrtruck
10-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Mabye it's time to put Hines Ward back as FS. Especially when we play the cowboys. Just one play Him and Anthony Smith on TO - just one play....come on coach...do it! DO IT!