PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben

bengalsfan21
12-04-2005, 04:29 PM
I thought I would never do this but Ben showed he can throw today, he had no problems and played a hell of a game.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah, the man put on a gutsy performance that we can all be proud of... When he's given the chance the guy can do it w/ the best of them.. We're all proud of Ben, he tried to do it all today in the face of adversity, and almost pulled it out.

Prosdo
12-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Very classy of you BF21. Very proud of Ben. He keeps improving and proved he can throw.

Motley Nate
12-04-2005, 04:49 PM
I've always been a huge Big Ben critic. I've seen him in college and just wasn't impressed. I was also a bit surprised that he thought he was the best QB in the draft.

In my opinion, he played the best game in his life today, hands down. He single-handedly kept the heat on. That's tough to top when someone is in that zone.

Big Ben silenced this critic today.

Koopa
12-04-2005, 04:51 PM
i doubt he's silenced the critics, ppl are still gonna come on here talkin down on ben for some other bullshit, but i count it as jealousy

Motley Nate
12-04-2005, 04:52 PM
i doubt he's silenced the critics, ppl are still gonna come on here talkin down on ben for some other bullshit, but i count it as jealousy
Well, he's got one less, I was actually impressed.

CantStop85
12-04-2005, 05:03 PM
He threw the ball very well with the injury and all, but he still made three horrible throws that lead to interceptions. You can't win that way.

SteelCityMan786
12-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Big Ben had a great game minus the INT's We would have won. Maybe.

Atlanta Dan
12-04-2005, 07:11 PM
I know we will not get and should not expect a definitive statement on whether Ben's hand (thumb?) is broken. However, has anyone heard when and how he hurt it in the Indy game?

Having 2 QBs have their throwing hands injured (not counting Tommy Gun claiming his hand got hurt in the Jax game, which I did not believe) in one season is simply rotten luck.

Oh well, get the bad karma out of the way this year, which appears to be the Colts chance to shine.

SteelCityMan786
12-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Well If We Don't Win It in The Motor City in Super Bowl XL, Next Year We will win it partying in the city Where The Heat is On Miami In Super Bowl XLI.

Go_Cats
12-04-2005, 09:24 PM
He threw the ball very well with the injury and all, but he still made three horrible throws that lead to interceptions. You can't win that way.
Good posting

Iron City Hangover
12-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Ben lost. So tell me how great he is now.

Iron City Hangover
12-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Big Ben had a great game minus the INT's We would have won. Maybe.
786 more ways to try to justify a "winning" effort by not throwing 3 INTs.

figg
12-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Ben lost. So tell me how great he is now.

Roy Williams down the side line :busted:

Iron City Hangover
12-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Roy Williams down the side line :busted:
I can't complain, that game won me plenty of cash with the book. But my question was how is Ben great? Mediocre at best.

tony hipchest
12-05-2005, 10:41 AM
But my question was how is Ben great? Mediocre at best.
ben is great cause he has the greatest fans. just ask him. hell Gahndi didnt make it to the afc champ game in his rookie season and people still think hes great. Martin Luther King Jr. never threw for 4000 yds.

i like to respect all peoples opinions but youre not really offering that. just a bunch of diatribe and rhetoric with no substance what so ever. dont mean i think you should be banned or anything, but an actual contribution or an attempt at a conversation would be nice. sure the loaded questions and antagonistic remarks are cute here and there, but doesnt it get futile after a while?

sweetness34
12-05-2005, 11:14 AM
If you guys are that unhappy with big ben how about we give you Orton for him? Yes he had 3 picks which hurt, but the offense still gave the steelers a chance to win. I think you guys are pointing the finger in the wrong direction. If your offense scores 30+ points and you still lose I think it's time to wonder what happened on defense.

Now next week against my bears will be a different story. If big ben throws 3 picks then it will most likely cost him the game, and then you can blame him all you want.

TexaSteeler
12-05-2005, 01:13 PM
I can't complain, that game won me plenty of cash with the book. But my question was how is Ben great? Mediocre at best.

He had great throws, not a great game.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 01:18 PM

Yes, when Ben plays with a broken hand, he is not a great QB. You are correct.

Iron City Hangover
12-05-2005, 01:18 PM
just a bunch of diatribe and rhetoric with no substance what so ever. dont mean i think you should be banned or anything, but an actual contribution or an attempt at a conversation would be nice. sure the loaded questions and antagonistic remarks are cute here and there, but doesnt it get futile after a while?
First, I was talking to the figg character and not you.

Secondly, when you are done with your Suitanim impersonation and ready for an intelligent conversation, please let me know. I've been waiting a while for one. Leave the personal smack talk somewhere else. This is a discussion about Ben Roethlisberger, not what you think of me. I had a poignant question about the significance of Ben in the league, you had a less-than-dignified response about Civil Rights figure heads and some already-stated personal babble about me.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Now that I think about it, maybe he is a great QB because of having a broken hand.

Throwing 41 times for almost 400 yards on a team that supposedly has NO passing game WITH a broken hand may very well be the sign of a great QB. Most QB's couldn't have accomplished that performance with a perfectly functioning hand...

BritishSteel
12-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Now that I think about it, maybe he is a great QB because of having a broken hand.

Throwing 41 times for almost 400 yards on a team that supposedly has NO passing game WITH a broken hand may very well be the sign of a great QB. Most QB's couldn't have accomplished that performance with a perfectly functioning hand...

Damn right - plus don't forget that by mid-way through the third quarter our rb's were having a tough enough time holding the ball, never mind running with it, so he got those numbers against a defence that pretty much knew we were coming out to throw it. It was a fantastic performance - you put up those kind of numbers then you're a quality qb.

There were times late in the game where it seemed that Ben and Heath Miller were taking on the Bengals more or less on their own, that we gave up so much possession and still got so close says something about his quality....

figg
12-05-2005, 07:47 PM

Did McNabb puke before the surgery?

Rotorhead
12-06-2005, 12:44 AM
How did your team do just now ICH?

StillerPaul
12-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks to the Bengal fans that have finally found out what us Steelers fans knew all along. If Ben ever gets the chance to be the focal point of our O and pass more, everyone else will know how good he is as well. He's still only a second year QB, he's developing. Conversely, Carson is a damn fine QB as well. I see plenty of shootouts the next decade or so for these 2 teams.

clevestinks
12-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Just imagine if he were healthy?

Koopa
12-06-2005, 06:46 PM
How did your team do just now ICH?

i think ICH said he's a raiders fan awhile back...........................

Suitanim
12-06-2005, 06:59 PM
He's a "converted" Raiders fan, and is now an Eagle fan, although I suspect, given the vicious ass beating the Eagles were handed last night, he's probably jumped ship yet again. He was kind of drifting towards the Colts bandwagon back during his first visit.

Shameless...absolutely shameless. I'd rather commit Hari Kari then blatantly front-run like that sorry dude...