PDA

View Full Version : Offensive line .....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2005, 04:29 PM
What can you say... both tackles just clearly were not up for the challenge on the last series.. Inconsistency just killed us again.. it all starts and ends w/ the protection and run blocking and when push came to shove at the end of the game, the play of the OL that we've been spoiled w/ for so long just came up short.. again...

Koopa
12-04-2005, 04:31 PM
at least simmons somewhat stepped it up, i guess threating someone with bringin in a sixth round draft pick in pracitce will bring your head out of your ass and help you remember to block. i'm not a oline person so i don't know who is doing good........i know essex messed up in the end but did he have a good game overall?????

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2005, 04:34 PM
yeah Simmons stepped up and had a good game...the line took cowhers challenge to heart and played well at times..but when push came to shove, the Tackles just couldnt handle the pressure at the end.

Credit them for stepping up and playing better overall, but in crunch time, u gotta have that protection to give the WR's time and it just wasnt to be today

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-04-2005, 05:00 PM
on our last drive it went from 2nd and 2---------two off side penalties and a loss.........our offensive line has hurt us all year.......
no excuses though cincy played a hell of a game

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2005, 09:57 PM
.........our offensive line has hurt us all year.......

That is indeed the case, for which there is no explanation.